20 dpo and still a bfn - help!!! - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Am I pregnant? (see post for chart link)
Yes! Congrats! 0 0%
No, sorry. 7 58.33%
Not a clue darlin'! 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
 
Ecoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what the heck is wrong with my chart/me? this is my first month charting, but i've never really been this off schedule. i got af back at 6w pp even tho ds was nursed exclusively. I'm still nursing him. i've never really been regular, but i've never really paid much attention to be honest. i was gonna start tracking it when we were ttc ds but got lucky the first month before i ever started. we weren't even trying to ttc yet, just stopped preventing it. i got pg like the second time we had sex, lol. i got a negative test the first time i tested for him, but i dont think it was this far along, although i really have no way to know. ugh, just frustrated my 2ww is now almost into the 4ww. here's my chart... http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Ecoria can anyone offer anything?
Ecoria is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-22-2007, 01:56 PM
 
BelgianSheepDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: unemployed in Greenland
Posts: 6,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, I don't think you've ovulated yet. The high temps around the first of the month could have been caused by something else--hot weather, illness, change in sleeping patterns, sun exposure, etc. The fact that they shoot way up but then plummet back down to around where they were before the crosshairs makes me think your temps went up but you didn't ovulate.

Also noticed that your highs are reallly high but your lows are REALLY low...are you taking your temp at the same time each morning, after three hours of sleep? I know cosleeping can cause some real erratic sleep patterns.
BelgianSheepDog is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
 
Ecoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
Honestly, I don't think you've ovulated yet. The high temps around the first of the month could have been caused by something else--hot weather, illness, change in sleeping patterns, sun exposure, etc. The fact that they shoot way up but then plummet back down to around where they were before the crosshairs makes me think your temps went up but you didn't ovulate.

Also noticed that your highs are reallly high but your lows are REALLY low...are you taking your temp at the same time each morning, after three hours of sleep? I know cosleeping can cause some real erratic sleep patterns.
as best as i can, its always 7am, or 630 if ds happens to stir, but always between 630 and 7. now the 3 hours i cant guarantee everyday but 3-7 is usually his big block of sleep, so its my best bet. there were no changes around the time it says i o'd. the only changes were this past week, i was on vacation, had a cold and sleeping was way off.
Ecoria is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:15 PM
 
joshs_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,744
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think you may not have ovulated until CD33 honestly - since then you've had steadily, increasing temps - your other high temps have been inconsistent and erratic.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
joshs_girl is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
 
Ecoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshs_girl View Post
I think you may not have ovulated until CD33 honestly - since then you've had steadily, increasing temps - your other high temps have been inconsistent and erratic.
but isnt CM the biggest factor of when you're gonna O? i was seriously dry or sticky after the EW/temp spike.
Ecoria is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:30 PM
 
BelgianSheepDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: unemployed in Greenland
Posts: 6,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah you might see a few lower temps after ovulation, but not a drop down into a completely different range of temps.

What happens if you set the ovulation detector to FAM?
BelgianSheepDog is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:31 PM
 
BelgianSheepDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: unemployed in Greenland
Posts: 6,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoria View Post
but isnt CM the biggest factor of when you're gonna O? i was seriously dry or sticky after the EW/temp spike.
When you're breastfeeding it's really common to have patches of EWCM without ovulating. It's your body gearing up the necessary hormones, but then falling short before actually ovulating.
BelgianSheepDog is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
Ecoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
Yeah you might see a few lower temps after ovulation, but not a drop down into a completely different range of temps.

What happens if you set the ovulation detector to FAM?
ok, just changed it to FAM. doesnt look any different to me.
Ecoria is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 02:46 PM
 
BelgianSheepDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: unemployed in Greenland
Posts: 6,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well if you think you're pregnant and it's not registering on OTC tests it might be a good idea to see a midwife or doctor for a blood test. But your chart really doesn't look like a pregnancy chart to me, sorry.
BelgianSheepDog is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
 
MyZymurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I voted that I wasn't sure. Honestly, though, I think it is possible that you did not O yet. If those high temps starting on CD 23 were due to ovulation, they would have stayed at approximately the same level rather than dropping back down after just five days. If you had a cold and your sleep patterns were off, both of those things could cause wacky temps.

Just as an experiement...If you discard those extrememly high temps (23, 24, 25, 26, 27), does FF detect ovulation? You could also mark them as "fever" temps from your cold and FF will discard the temps from it's calculations.

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
MyZymurgy is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 09:42 PM
 
MyZymurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh... I forgot to say, that EWCM doesn't mean you Oed. I've had annovulatory cycles before where I had fertile CM but no ovulation.

I hope you get your BFP soon -- keep charting and hopefully things will eventually become clearer! Good luck!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
MyZymurgy is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 09:51 PM
 
joshs_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,744
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoria View Post
but isnt CM the biggest factor of when you're gonna O? i was seriously dry or sticky after the EW/temp spike.
Yes, CF is the only thing that can predict when you are going to O - since your temp rise doesn't happen until after ovulation. However, just because you get fertile CF it doesn't mean you are going to O - it's just an indicator that it's possible.

Charting cervical position is another thing you can do to help get a better picture of your cycle.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
joshs_girl is offline  
Old 07-22-2007, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
Ecoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
I voted that I wasn't sure. Honestly, though, I think it is possible that you did not O yet. If those high temps starting on CD 23 were due to ovulation, they would have stayed at approximately the same level rather than dropping back down after just five days. If you had a cold and your sleep patterns were off, both of those things could cause wacky temps.

Just as an experiement...If you discard those extrememly high temps (23, 24, 25, 26, 27), does FF detect ovulation? You could also mark them as "fever" temps from your cold and FF will discard the temps from it's calculations.
ok i put the first 2 temps as fever and it moved my O to day 39. ugh this is confusing.
Ecoria is offline  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 AM
 
MyZymurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


It is confusing. I'm sorry, I know what it's like to have a frustrating cycle where the charts are hard to read. You don't even know if you should be BDing in anticipation of O, or if you should be feeling anxious in the two week wait. :

As for the new crosshairs, CD 39 is a possibility... but you don't report any other fertility signs that makes it seem likely. I see you reported spotting on that day, which can sometimes coincide with O. Did you have CM that day as well?

I think the reason FF picked CD 39 is because FF just looks at the previous 6 temperatures to determine the coverline and evaluate the rise. So by 6 days prior to cd 39, you really high temps had dropped.

With your temperatures being everywhere, though, I'm just not convinced that you Oed yet... or if you did, the biphasic pattern just gets lost in the rocky mountains. Do you have any OPKs you can use? How is your CM?

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
MyZymurgy is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off