20 dpo and still a bfn - help!!! - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Am I pregnant? (see post for chart link)
Yes! Congrats! 0 0%
No, sorry. 7 58.33%
Not a clue darlin'! 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what the heck is wrong with my chart/me? this is my first month charting, but i've never really been this off schedule. i got af back at 6w pp even tho ds was nursed exclusively. I'm still nursing him. i've never really been regular, but i've never really paid much attention to be honest. i was gonna start tracking it when we were ttc ds but got lucky the first month before i ever started. we weren't even trying to ttc yet, just stopped preventing it. i got pg like the second time we had sex, lol. i got a negative test the first time i tested for him, but i dont think it was this far along, although i really have no way to know. ugh, just frustrated my 2ww is now almost into the 4ww. here's my chart... http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Ecoria can anyone offer anything?
#2 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Honestly, I don't think you've ovulated yet. The high temps around the first of the month could have been caused by something else--hot weather, illness, change in sleeping patterns, sun exposure, etc. The fact that they shoot way up but then plummet back down to around where they were before the crosshairs makes me think your temps went up but you didn't ovulate.

Also noticed that your highs are reallly high but your lows are REALLY low...are you taking your temp at the same time each morning, after three hours of sleep? I know cosleeping can cause some real erratic sleep patterns.
#3 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
Honestly, I don't think you've ovulated yet. The high temps around the first of the month could have been caused by something else--hot weather, illness, change in sleeping patterns, sun exposure, etc. The fact that they shoot way up but then plummet back down to around where they were before the crosshairs makes me think your temps went up but you didn't ovulate.

Also noticed that your highs are reallly high but your lows are REALLY low...are you taking your temp at the same time each morning, after three hours of sleep? I know cosleeping can cause some real erratic sleep patterns.
as best as i can, its always 7am, or 630 if ds happens to stir, but always between 630 and 7. now the 3 hours i cant guarantee everyday but 3-7 is usually his big block of sleep, so its my best bet. there were no changes around the time it says i o'd. the only changes were this past week, i was on vacation, had a cold and sleeping was way off.
#4 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 01:15 PM

I think you may not have ovulated until CD33 honestly - since then you've had steadily, increasing temps - your other high temps have been inconsistent and erratic.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#5 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshs_girl View Post
I think you may not have ovulated until CD33 honestly - since then you've had steadily, increasing temps - your other high temps have been inconsistent and erratic.
but isnt CM the biggest factor of when you're gonna O? i was seriously dry or sticky after the EW/temp spike.
#6 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 01:30 PM

Yeah you might see a few lower temps after ovulation, but not a drop down into a completely different range of temps.

What happens if you set the ovulation detector to FAM?
#7 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoria View Post
but isnt CM the biggest factor of when you're gonna O? i was seriously dry or sticky after the EW/temp spike.
When you're breastfeeding it's really common to have patches of EWCM without ovulating. It's your body gearing up the necessary hormones, but then falling short before actually ovulating.
#8 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
Yeah you might see a few lower temps after ovulation, but not a drop down into a completely different range of temps.

What happens if you set the ovulation detector to FAM?
ok, just changed it to FAM. doesnt look any different to me.
#9 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 01:46 PM

Well if you think you're pregnant and it's not registering on OTC tests it might be a good idea to see a midwife or doctor for a blood test. But your chart really doesn't look like a pregnancy chart to me, sorry.
#10 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 PM

I voted that I wasn't sure. Honestly, though, I think it is possible that you did not O yet. If those high temps starting on CD 23 were due to ovulation, they would have stayed at approximately the same level rather than dropping back down after just five days. If you had a cold and your sleep patterns were off, both of those things could cause wacky temps.

Just as an experiement...If you discard those extrememly high temps (23, 24, 25, 26, 27), does FF detect ovulation? You could also mark them as "fever" temps from your cold and FF will discard the temps from it's calculations.

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#11 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 08:42 PM

Oh... I forgot to say, that EWCM doesn't mean you Oed. I've had annovulatory cycles before where I had fertile CM but no ovulation.

I hope you get your BFP soon -- keep charting and hopefully things will eventually become clearer! Good luck!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#12 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoria View Post
Yes, CF is the only thing that can predict when you are going to O - since your temp rise doesn't happen until after ovulation. However, just because you get fertile CF it doesn't mean you are going to O - it's just an indicator that it's possible.

Charting cervical position is another thing you can do to help get a better picture of your cycle.

kati , wife to josh , mama to j&d (7.31.07) marion (9.18.08), feeder of nanuq and gracie lou
#13 of 14 Old 07-22-2007, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
I voted that I wasn't sure. Honestly, though, I think it is possible that you did not O yet. If those high temps starting on CD 23 were due to ovulation, they would have stayed at approximately the same level rather than dropping back down after just five days. If you had a cold and your sleep patterns were off, both of those things could cause wacky temps.

Just as an experiement...If you discard those extrememly high temps (23, 24, 25, 26, 27), does FF detect ovulation? You could also mark them as "fever" temps from your cold and FF will discard the temps from it's calculations.
ok i put the first 2 temps as fever and it moved my O to day 39. ugh this is confusing.
#14 of 14 Old 07-23-2007, 09:38 AM

It is confusing. I'm sorry, I know what it's like to have a frustrating cycle where the charts are hard to read. You don't even know if you should be BDing in anticipation of O, or if you should be feeling anxious in the two week wait. :

As for the new crosshairs, CD 39 is a possibility... but you don't report any other fertility signs that makes it seem likely. I see you reported spotting on that day, which can sometimes coincide with O. Did you have CM that day as well?

I think the reason FF picked CD 39 is because FF just looks at the previous 6 temperatures to determine the coverline and evaluate the rise. So by 6 days prior to cd 39, you really high temps had dropped.

With your temperatures being everywhere, though, I'm just not convinced that you Oed yet... or if you did, the biphasic pattern just gets lost in the rocky mountains. Do you have any OPKs you can use? How is your CM?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page