WHY is my cervix not cooperating??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2007, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any idea why my cervix is NEVER high,soft AND open at the same time? I had my IUI today because my OPK was + yesterday and I expect to O tomorrow. I have tons of EWCM, 7" stretch yesterday and 5" stretch this morning. My cervix, however, is on another planet - it was high but also firm, closed tight and - get this- POINTED UP! The nurse who did my IUI had to manipulate my cervix to get the catheter in. She seemed surprised, as in "geez, I've never seen that before."

WHY?? What am I missing?:

fizzymom and the clan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 PM

Wow, that is interesting. The cervix is such a mystery to me. Most of the time, I can't reach my cervix... but I try every day. I hope the IUI wasn't too painful if the nurse had to sort of force things. If your "misbehaving" cervix is a cause of some fertility issues, i would think the IUI would sort of bypass that problem -- right?

I hope you caught the egg!!!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:54 PM

Jeez, I dont know what to tell ya either, but I guess that its good that she was even able to manuver it through huh?
I agree with Myzymurgy, if thats the issue, maybe the IUI if the solution!
Good luck!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks.My IUI actually went very well, nurse did not have fumble fingers after all. *whew* The weird thing is that our problem, so far, appears to be mostly DH. He has morphology and motility issues. @%#$ bike riding. But, I'm wondering if there is also something going on with me that we haven't discovered yet.

I know estrogen is supposed to make it rise and soften, but I have plenty of EWCM so I would guess that's OK. Could too much make it stay low,firm and closed?

I wonder... could prolactin interfere with my cervix? DD (4.5yo) is still nursing.

AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!!

I need answers!!! :

fizzymom and the clan
Old 07-23-2007, 12:57 PM

I feel your pain I've been charting cp for 3 cycles now and it doesn't ever seem to be SHOW when it should be. My cervix never seems to REALLY get soft, it feel open most of the time and it never seems to move up all that much. I started checking multiple times throughout the day thinking maybe I'm missing a really quick soft period, but it hasn't helped. Who knows

I'd love to hear from someone who knows something about this. I've done a search before but didn't find anything.

for you mama!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the dust moodyred!

Anyone?

fizzymom and the clan
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 AM

Let me talk freely about my cervix.... ...I have this at times - but its harder for me to gauge because I birthed my ds vaginally and he was 9lbs 8oz - his head was 14cm in diameter!!! - so my cervix always sort of feels open (this is apparently common in women who have had vaginal births before) which makes it always feel firm on the outside and soft on the inside...

Also, my uterus is kinda tipped back and to the left so my cervix always feels sorta sideways....I don't know if my uterus position has anything to do with my cervix position but logically it makes sense to me...I think...

And then of course my cervix also feels different at different times of the day - but when I check it in the morning it almost always is high - when I was pg w/ my ds I couldn't feel it it was up so high - and I have long fingers!!!

So who knows? Not sure I really helped you but my body is nonsense too at times..

Christine, wife to my dh since 10/03, mama to my three monkeys ~:-) ds1/6/05, dd9/9/08 and ds 8/3/10

Old 07-24-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzymom View Post
Does anyone have any idea why my cervix is NEVER high,soft AND open at the same time? I had my IUI today because my OPK was + yesterday and I expect to O tomorrow. I have tons of EWCM, 7" stretch yesterday and 5" stretch this morning. My cervix, however, is on another planet - it was high but also firm, closed tight and - get this- POINTED UP! The nurse who did my IUI had to manipulate my cervix to get the catheter in. She seemed surprised, as in "geez, I've never seen that before."

WHY?? What am I missing?:
Eep! My cervix was super closed at my first IUI, at the second, the next day, it was WIIIIIIIDE open. Are you on Clomid? It can do that. Maybe not the inverted thing, but it can make it weird, it did for me.

Is your cervix like that every cycle?

Neither of my IUIs were painful, though the first was more uncomfortable, even when she used the super-fancy teensy-weensy catheter.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

mamabella - Both of my kids were vaginal births. I had to laugh at the 14 cm head reference, I'm really glad that my DS wasn't any bigger at birth because he had a 14 cm head at 7lbs. 1oz. - yikes, how much bigger could his head have been if he hadn't been 2 weeks early!

I do remember at one time long ago being told that my uterus was tipped. I don't remember if it was my current Dr. or the horrible one I used to see. Maybe that's it, it does make sense that if my uterus is tipped then my attached cervix would follow it. That would at least explain the pointing up bit.

That brings back another memory, at my last PP exam, my cervix was extremely high - Dr. said that was unusual at 6 weeks- and she had manipulate it to do a pap.

I know that it is common for the cervix to always be partially open after a vaginal birth, but mine is often very tightly closed - as in where is the opening. Don't know if that means anything or if it's just random.

fizzymom and the clan
Old 07-24-2007, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

FtMPapa - I'm not on clomid and yes my cervix is currently always like this. I don't remember it doing this when I was trying for my other two though. It has always pointed up, but if I remember correctly, it used to get soft and open around O - though not necessarily high.

Neither of my IUIs have been painful as much as very uncomfortable - probably because my cervix was closed. But, I would expect that. I get horrible cramps from just having a pap. My cervix just doesn't like to be messed with.

fizzymom and the clan
Old 07-24-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Also, my uterus is kinda tipped back and to the left so my cervix always feels sorta sideways....I don't know if my uterus position has anything to do with my cervix position but logically it makes sense to me...I think...
Okay, I just had to say mine is like this too! When I try to find it, it's over to the right a little bit. I know my uterus is tipped backwards, but I guess it's a little sideways too! Didn't know gals could "hang to the right" as well!

I can't ever get any good info from my cervix...it always feels open, and I can't really tell if it's low or high.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Old 07-24-2007, 07:31 PM

Have you had any kind of trauma to it? If you've ever been induced with pitocin it can cause scarring, which can hold it closed. Pitocin left a ring of scar tissue around the inside of my cervix that had to be removed before I could dilate normally.

Kiley
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, It's had trauma! DS and DD!!

I was induced both times but, how would pitocin cause trauma to my cervix- it was in an I.V.? (The pitocin not my cervix )

fizzymom and the clan

User Tag List