Lucky TTC #1 in our 30's AUGUST! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 315 Old 08-05-2007, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kemi - Big hugs, sweetie. I'm sorry your ttc process is difficult... I can't blame you for taking a break and I hope it helps you find some peace.

We will miss you and I hope you check back with us when you are ready.

Best of luck with your move and with finding a counselor you like and a job you enjoy. It's been really great sharing this experience with you.

Shall I note on the first page that you are taking a break? Or would you rather be removed?
#62 of 315 Old 08-05-2007, 05:48 PM

You can say that I'm taking an extended break for how long, I don't know...

Thanks, Jen.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#63 of 315 Old 08-05-2007, 07:07 PM

OK...

I know, only 11 DPO today, but BFN. :

At least we went camping and out on a lake yesterday.

And, I'm knitting a bear for my friend's baby right now...so cute!

Sigh. I'll test again tomorrow....not in a happy enough mood for personals right now...tomorrow.

Hugs to all.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#64 of 315 Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry Michelle. It is early... Maybe you'll have better luck tomorrow. :
#65 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 AM

Kemi We'll miss you, but I totally get why you need a good long break. I'm glad to hear your DH got a job, I've heard good things about Portland. I've moved quite a bit in the last 10 years, moving is hard work physically and mentally and, at least for me, it takes a good long time for me to feel "connected" again in a new place, but almost always there is a feeling of hope that accompanies the change of scenery. I hope Portland is the breath of fresh air you need.

Michelle I just started testing early (10 DPO until either AF or +) this past month and it was so tough everyday that there wasn't even a hint of a line. I hope this is your month
#66 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 03:53 AM

michelle~ sounds like a hard day. hang in there and see what the next few mornings bring. chart still looks good...thinking of you.

welcome back greengirl! best of luck to you.

aimee, hope you and dh find the clarity you need right now.

big big kemi. portland is a great spot. i hope you find a great community there and that time, space helps bring you what you need. much peace to you. i hear you on ttc not being what you expected.

jencat~have fun with the nephew! and i hope those are some fortuitous zits!

rain~good attitude about staying busy, i'm going to take your lead here. trying to finish the novel this week, so that's kind of like a bfp for me.
your chart looks good. i decided the un-sore bbs are due to the hormone balancing tcm herbs i've been taking. thanks for the thoughts about PS. I'm going to be careful.

laura~you have the right attitude! having fun, trying new stuff, getting exercise. may it all ready you for the next round. thanks also for helping with the PS thing.

FYI, I did remember the acupuncturist telling me that it's important for DH to have enough zinc and selenium in his diet, so we changed his vitamins, might want to check yours.

A good monday to you all!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#67 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 AM

Nope.

Another BFN today, and a temp drop. When you compare this months chart with the others, and the pregnancy one, its definitely looking like we're out of the running this month.

Dang.

Kemi, I hear you about the whole 13 months thing. We started last Oct., and yes, I did get pregnant, but I miscarried, and so come November, if I'm not pregnant, I plan on going to the Ob/Gyn that did my leep and talk to her about fertility things, as well as pursue TCM too. Hugs.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#68 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 02:20 PM

Bye Kemi!!! Enjoy your break, and your move - I've heard that Portland is a wonderful place!!

Congrats Lacy!!!!

I'm deep in lurkdom right now, personally, doing a lot of thinking, and mulling, and just - stuff. So yeah.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#69 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Michelle. I'm really sorry.

#70 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm not at all sure I should still be here, but, eh, until we decide for sure, I'm staying put.

ttc is on hold again for us--this time because we may have kids (yes, PLURAL) joining our family soon. Or not.

More as things unfold. :
#71 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM

well this is interesting . . . : i'll be curious to know more!
and i hope you stay for now. always a lift to read a frog post.
good luck with this potentiality!

#72 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 PM

frog - Just thinking about skipping the tadpole stage? Interesting changes!

Michelle - Sorry this may not be the month for you.

Poet - Yes...staying busy & wishing it was with a novel! I haven't read a novel in years! Too many magazines...and time dissolving Internet! Do you wait for AF, or do you test? I plan to test on Saturday...just because I have some cheap little tests. I'm feeling funky...and well, that's really the only way I can describe it.

Kemi - You're life is full & beautiful ~ enjoy!
#73 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 04:28 PM

rain~funky could be good! we might like funky! keep us posted. i have been eating a lot...don't know if that's a symptom or just hunger!
well i'm not exactly staying busy reading a novel, i've been writing one for the last year and i'm almost done (hence the why it's like a bfp, quite a birthing process over here!)...course staying at home writing all day predisposes one anxious 2wwer to checking MDC more than I should! I'm not really an early tester, but I will test 11 dpo on Fri. before i go in for the PS.

Ques: do you think the OB should be able to tell by then if I'm + by looking at my cervix? just wondering.

I've decided that dh and I have been married for 7 yrs and it's great the 2 of us, really great, so I'm going to try (try!) to really savor what could be the last months of our two-ness vs. constantly wishing things were different, you know?

#74 of 315 Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I've decided that dh and I have been married for 7 yrs and it's great the 2 of us, really great, so I'm going to try (try!) to really savor what could be the last months of our two-ness vs. constantly wishing things were different, you know?
Yay! :

Poet - My apologies.... I'm obviously not a very good forum participant when it comes to remembering what everyone does. BFP-ish congratulations on your book! Can you talk about it, or do you have to wait until it is published? DH wants me to write a novel about the 2 of us getting together, because...well, it was a rather unusual story. Maybe someday...

I don't think an OB can tell you much of anything on Friday just by looking, but they can give you a blood test to find out if you are pg.
#75 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 08:50 AM

belated congrats to Mandy and Lacy! Happy, healthy pregnancies to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having a hard time staying up to date here (actually, i just can't!).

Fiberlover - i love to read your writings about your garden! definitely keeping a garden and homestead keep me busy and give me perspective, but i often think that the garden needs a baby or two running through it...

Kemi - congrats on heading to Portland! Maine is wonderful, the coast is wonderful! woohoo! Stay positive and looking forward to hearing from you again when you're ready.

I had my fertile cm two and four days ago and still no thermal shift, so i'm exasperated and disappointed. I was to go for a progesterone test on cd 21 this month, but doesn't quite seem worth it now, since i can't seem to ovulate.

hmpf. It will be fine...DH and i are headed for a vacation, so maybe it will be a good respite from all the trying to understand why i can't just get pregnant right this minute!

Congrats to the moms and to the rest!

Until next time.
#76 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raingyrl View Post
frog - Just thinking about skipping the tadpole stage? Interesting changes!
Well, yes and no. I don't mean to be close-mouthed and weird, I'm just a little paranoid about jinxing myself, you know? If things progress or fall through, I'll give y'all the scoop at that point, I promise!
#77 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 AM

I never thought I would be so excited to see AF and have "him" be late. Looks like I will be able to get my Vag. U/S on the 30th afterall!!! Whooot Whooooot! Sorry, just had to celebrate getting "the works" my first appt. Happy Day to all!

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#78 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Another BFN this morning, I wasn't going to test, but the chart went up a notch today so I kinda wanted to for my own sanity!

I think I'm feeling a little better that this isn't our month today.

I finished the bear I was knitting for a friend's baby, I'll have to post a pic a little later today after I upload some, he's so cute! At least I have my knitting to keep me occupied. Well, and the microfarm! After I post this, I'm heading out for my morning garden stroll . I can see the sheepies out in the pasture from here too, ah.

I'll post personals and pic links later today.

#79 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 01:27 PM

OK!

Pics of the bear:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19675535@N00/1040435340/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19675535@N00/1040435204/

Isn't he cute!?

Frog I can't wait to hear more! It sounds so exciting, fingers crossed that it all works out!

Laura Woo! Yay for getting the "works", and hoping that you get some real information that helps in the TTC process.

Nony
I love my little microfarm, it truly makes me happy and satisfied with my life, I'm glad you love your homestead! I agree, now we just need little ones to love and live and laugh with on our little farms. Sorry that you haven't had your thermal shift yet. Hoping that you just have delayed O, and it will happen soon.

Rain Oooh, now I want to hear more about you and your DH getting together! Your chart is looking good....

Poet Congrats on the novel! I like the idea of savoring the time with your hubby, I should do the same this month.

#80 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 PM

In the meantime, I'll post something entertaining. My brother and I are hosting a big anniversary party for our parents' 40th. This is a fairly accurate transcript of a call I took a bit ago:

(my cell phone rings and I don't recognize the number)
frog: Hello?

other person: Hello? What, you're in Minnesota now?

f: No. Why would I be in Minnesota?

op: Oh. I don't know. Where are you?

f: Michigan. Where are you? Who IS this?

op: You're in Michigan? Is mydad'sname with you, then?

f: No, he's not here. Why would my father be here? Who is this?

op: Oh, this is Blahdy Hooperdee (honestly, I can NEVER understand who these people are...). I'm a long-time friend of the family.

f, considering who "the family" might be: Oh! Great! You're calling about the party, then?

op: Yes! Why is it going to be in Minnesota?

f: It's not. It's going to be in parent'stown.

op: But, didn't you move?

f: Yes, but they didn't.

op: Who didn't?

f: My parents. The party is for my parents. This is Terri. mydad'sname is my father. Did you think you were calling mymom'sname?

op: Oh. Yes! In Minnesota! The post office stamped things all over the return address and all I could see was MI. That's Minnesota.

f: No, that's Michigan. MN is Minnesota.

op: Oh, right. I'm calling to say I can't come to the party, but I will send you--no, I will send YOUR PARENTS a gift.

f: I'm sorry you won't be there. Do you have their address or should I give that to you?

op: I have their old address. What's their new address?

f: blahblahblah

op: I have THAT ONE. I don't have the one in Minnesota!
#81 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Update from vacation in NM - had great weekend, despite a BFN on 12dpo - so now 14dpo (which was normally AF day pre-Pill so hurray for Vitex again) and still no AF...hmmm...hubby went back home while I'm here working, so I don't want to test again without him. Fingers crossed until Friday when I'm back in WI...

ETA: Cute bear, Michelle! I hope I can do that someday, so far I haven't moved beyond a scarf...

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#82 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM

frog - Have you ever considered writing sitcoms? I needed a good laugh this afternoon as I am tied to my work computer....running on dark chocolate!

Michelle - You create some incredible things with those "weeds".. I love the bear. If I get PG this month, I want to buy one!

If I tell you how DH and I got together, you might not buy the book! Ok..maybe when I'm not at work. I need to keep my serious disguise on today.... How many acres is your microfarm? In NM right? I love to vacation in NM, but haven't been since 7/05.

I just found out that the "position" I left (last month) in my agency has been filled by 3 new people! 3! : No wonder I was so tired...
#83 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 08:31 PM

Frog~Yeah seriously, that was damn funny!

Michelle~Love the bear, love the microfarm, you are a wellspring of creative energy!

Rain~No worries to remember this and that (i can't either!) and yes, now I am quite intrigued to hear the you and dh story . . . whenever you fell like telling it! I can talk about the novel. It'll be a long time coming before publishing, must revise revise revise! It's actually more of a creative nonfiction piece book about living as a volunteer at age 22 in Siberia, IN (a 25 person town) where I lived with a Benedictine nun and adults with severe disabilities on an organic farm with chickens and goats! It's sort of a chronicle of exile, hope, failure and spirituality.

I had acupuncture today and she did this point on my crown and the second it went in, I started seriously crying and cried for most of the treatment. I have no idea what that was about, but I'm sort of whooped fom it. Also, I have that same dull pain that I got last month around this time and thought it was implantation. I hope I don't have a cyst or something . . . anyone know what that could be?
Also, if my OB gives me a blood test for preg, how soon will it say yeah or nay? Does anyone know?

Peace~

#84 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 PM

Good luck GISDiva!

Poet - Wow!~What a novel! What an experience! When I was 22 I worked with adults with disabilities (group homes) and told everyone I wanted to become a nun (just so they wouldn't set me up with their brothers, etc.), but there were no goats..

I think OB offices vary in their blood test practices. I went to a GP last time and they called a few hours later to tell me the results. You could find out before you go..

Sounds like you had a nice emotional release during acupuncture. Sometimes that happens to me during a massage - but only when DH is giving the massage. Yay - I say get those toxins out! Maybe your pain is "almost" implantation pain?

Do you always get acu treatments on your head? The first time I went to the practitioner I go to now she needled my head, but hasn't done so since. They are potent points! Now...she is wanting me to make tea out of some serious sticks and stones!

Jencat - How are you doing? Are you meditating out there?
#85 of 315 Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 PM

OMG Frog... that was HILARIOUS! You are too funny!

Thanks Michelle! I don't want to get your hopes up if it doesn't happen, but your chart still looks good! You are so creative. That bear is adorable! Move over Ty! Can you make one with a red heart in the middle? You could totally sell these. I would buy a couple.

Raingyrl - I work with MR/DD right now (about 8 years now). I love it! It takes a special kind of person to do direct care and a creative one to get around dating their relatives

Poetgirl - I am sorry your accupuncture treatment had you teary but maybe it was a much needed release. I have looked into some but the closest to my area is about 35 minutes away which my insruance pays 10% I believe... whoo whoo. If I drive another 40 minutes (one way) I can get a 20% discount because it is still in state. One of the pitfalls of living in a panhandle.

GIsDiva - Glad your cycle is long and fingers crossed til you get a confirmation either way.

Nony - enjoy that vacation!!!

Earthymama2b - lurkdom is totally great sometimes! Some days a barely have the energy to log on to the net much less use more brain power to type something.

I was really confused about my chart this month. I definetely thought I would've seen more of a temp drop this morning as I went to the bathroom right after temping and oddly AF was there. It has been kinda weird though... not crampy like I normally am. I definetely think my chart looks flat though. Thought it was annovulatory until I O'ed, but temps still flat.

I am feeling as though I should put some of my handiwork on here. I certainly am not a master like most of the people I have seen on here. I just like to dabble and it seems to come easy. I don't have much time to devote to a hobby so I do something when I get a chance. I have made baskets, jewelry (which I used to sell), 1 sampler quilt which I gave to my mother-n-law and some needlepoint a LOOOOOONG time ago. I am more of a physical nerd. I like to dig in the dirt for gems, go metal detecting, etc. I am also a coin/money collector. Anyways, I am pooped. 1 hour of tennis today in 100+ degree heat with index and then 1 1/2 hrs swimming.. I will sleep good tonight! I wish you all a fabulous day tomorrow!

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#86 of 315 Old 08-08-2007, 09:13 AM

Actually, I've got a friend with a small theatre company who's been pushing me to write. Maybe I should think about doing that...

Very, very short form on the kid situation: I have a long-time friend whose brother and wife have had 8 (or 9?) kids, the oldest of whom are all in foster, kin or adoptive care. The two little ones are with her SIL, who doesn't want them. Her brother's in lock-up. If he has terminated his parental rights, the kids are ours. We're waiting and praying. The kids are 18 months and 4 months, give our take. Older one's a boy, baby is a girl.
#87 of 315 Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 AM

OK.

What the heck??? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/18dabb + BFN = :

I guess I'll find out either way in the next few days with AF.

:

#88 of 315 Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 AM

Ay Michelle - Looks like you might have a sneaky one...or maybe your body is still resetting itself? Hang in there. I know how frustrated you must be.

frog - Oh my! What an amazing possibility! Those children will be really fortunate to come home to you. Best of luck! And...yes, please go into comedy....and keep "frog" in your name so we know how to find your work!

Laura - Post your creations! I used to make/sell jewelry on a very small scale a long time ago (13 years ago), and I just picked it up again. We had an ice storm last January, and I just decided to pull out my trunk of beads and dust it off. Now...I'm selling necklaces off my neck, but I'm slowly working towards going online, and doing jewelry parties.

Happy Wednesday,

Rain
#89 of 315 Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Rain - I agree, funky sounds good - hang in there, you're halfway there! I too would love to hear your unusual story about how you and DH got together if you want to share.

Poetgirl - you're funny! I often wonder as well if hunger is a PG symptom... :-) Then I just remember that I love to eat! Your book sounds really neat - and what a cool experience that must have been! I'm also trying to savor this time alone with DH. We have a great time together just the two of us and I think ttc has brought us closer. :-)

Nony - sorry your temps are not shifting. sounds like you should get the test on cd21 - maybe it could give you some insight? Enjoy your vacation!

Frog - Holy cow!!! That is really amazing and exciting!! An instant family with 2 little ones!! Wow! I think adoption is wonderful - those 2 kids need a loving home. Keep us informed - it will probably be a very emotional process... feel free to share.

Laura - yea! So glad you will get the works on the 30th. Sorry AF came, though.

GISDiva - What's the news? How are things going?

Michelle - that bear is adorable! You're amazing! Hang in there!! I am at the same point as you... those last few days of LP... it's tough! Every time I go to the bathroom I look very carefully for any sign of color! It has to be even more frustrating to have the temps and tests driving you bonkers! This morning I feel a little "pre-crampy" I think so I'm expecting AF today or by tomorrow morning. I feel pretty sure she's going to come this month.

My fun news is - my 14 year old nephew arrived last night! He's still asleep (of course!) and today we're just going to hang out around town. Tomorrow DH is off work too and we're all going to a water park!!! That'll be fun. Hopefully, if AF is here, I'll get my first chance to try out my Diva Cup for real! (Hope it doesn't fall out into the wave pool or pop into my uterus when I hit the water after a super fast slide! Just kidding!! )

Happy Hump Day!
#90 of 315 Old 08-08-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raingyrl View Post
frog - And...yes, please go into comedy....and keep "frog" in your name so we know how to find your work!
If I go into comedy, I'll disclose my real life secret identity!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page