Lucky TTC #1 in our 30's AUGUST! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GISDiva!!! "Holy mother of toast..." and "Holy garbonzos!!" Hee hee hee!

You're pregnant!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

(I'll move you to the graduates list asap!)
#122 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Rain - are you next ?????
#123 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 04:53 PM

: :
Congratulations, GISDiva!

Don't ask me why, but for some reason I had a good feeling about you this month.
#124 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 05:25 PM

Aw, thanks ladies...I love you guys...although if I knew that all it would take to get a BFP was to finally get a screen name, I wouldn't have lurked for so long...

So now I can pass my extra baby dust to everyone else who's hoping for a BFP!

Cnutty: I'm in Milwaukee, by the way...that would be fun, I'm hopin' for ya'!

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#125 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 05:34 PM

#126 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 07:01 PM

WOW!!

YAY FOR RAIN!!!
#127 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 07:44 PM

I know I'm new and don't really know you all, but that is amazing GISdiva and raingyrl! Congrats! Hope some of that baby dust will keep being contagious and we all get some!
#128 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 08:06 PM

:Congratulations Rain!!!!:

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#129 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 08:09 PM

:Congrats GIS Diva!!!!:

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#130 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 09:06 PM

:
Congratulations! GISDIVA and RAINGYRL...!!

#131 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Holy cow rain!!!!!

: Congratulations!!! :
#132 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Mind if I join? This thread is so inspiring. I'm TTC #1 at age 36. I'm happy to see that I am not alone, and I'm thrilled for the recent successes! Best of luck to everyone.
#133 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 10:28 PM

That's fabulous Rain, hurray!!!!

Welcome PatioGardener, I wish you luck!

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#134 of 315 Old 08-11-2007, 11:39 PM

Rain, huge giant congratulations!
(I'd love to add a million smilies but I'm on dialup at the cottage so just pretend they're there )
#135 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 01:26 AM

WHAT A WONDERFUL MDC DAY FOR THE 30'S!!!!
YEAH! I'M SO HAPPY FOR THE BFP'S!

First, Rain!: : I'm SO SO SO happy for you! I was really hoping for you this time and I'm thrilled for you and your DH! I've been so inspired by your intention and effort and sincerity! Oh bigbigbig yahoodoodles to you! Big smiles from SF.
Who knows, maybe I'll join you in a few days?
(thanks also, for mentioning my book to your library--that was so sweet!)

And Yahoo 2 for the Diva! I love how you wrote off this month and then ran out to get tests after your "AF" stopped--hee hee! How wonderful that your ttc stay was short and sweet!

A Very Happy Healthy 9 months to you both, and drop us a little hello anytime!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#136 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

PatioGardener!!!

How long have you been ttc? After you let me know, I'll add you to the first post which lists all of us members! You'll like it here! There are many of us ttc #1 in our 30's and we have many BFP's! Hopefully, you'll have yours soon!
#137 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 02:43 AM

Well, I'm still brimming with from the BFP's!

Here's a little update from me. Went to OB Friday for pap which felt okay after all. A new doctor, very cool woman, actually looked at my chart. She felt for cysts due to my little right side pain and felt nothing and said she would have becuase I'm quite thin. So, phew! But, if not preg. this month we are going to begin a little testing stuff, fsh, estrogen, progesterone, etc. She esp. wanted to test thyroid though because temps are on lowish side, I have a lot of trouble gaining weight and am a bit below BMI (despite serious attempts to eat to gain) and have the shorter LP. So, Michelle I'll esp. let you know what goes on with that. But I am still holding out some hope for this cycle. Here's why. I had that funny 1 day chart dip 10 dpo, but then it popped back up again and was a notch higher today. I read there is such an idea as an implantation dip. Some say it's a myth, but FF says twice as many women with dips were + as weren't. Also, during the chart dip time, I had a 3 day migrainish headache ( which was sort of intense and odd and also, I usually start spotting by now, but nothing. So, it's cautiously possible . . . we'll see what next few days bring. Regardless, I did feel good at least to be able to get a little testing next month for my own peace of mind with the whole early menopause thing in my family.

Hope all is well with everyone, lurkers and all...and A BIG WELCOME TO PATIOGARDENER!

#138 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 11:27 AM

Congrats to GISDiva and Rain!! I'm so happy for you! When you are ready, be sure to come join the pregnant with #1 in our 30's thread.

and to all!!
#139 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Rain - I am still just as pleased as punch that you are PG! I can't stop thinking about it! You really deserve this! Whenever one of the long-time members gets PG I know there is hope for those of us who have been trying longer...

If you have time I'd love to hear your BFP story, how you feel, who you've told, DH's reaction, etc!

PG really is a miracle and I hope you have a hh 9 months. I couldn't be happier for you!!

Me - AF is getting ready to end her stay here... So I'm going to get the green tea out and see if I can boost up my CM this month! I also have one PreSeed left, may get more, we'll see. I'll be super CM'd I hope! Plus my cilia are all freshened up after the HSG so I have good hopes for this month. One down side (maybe) - if I do get PG this cycle, I'll be due right around my birthday. I'll have to share! : Oh, well. A baby will be a good bday present. Even tho I'd spend the next 18 years planning parties for them on my bday...
#140 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 02:39 PM

How wonderful!

: CONGRATULATIONS GIS Diva and Rain :

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#141 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 05:55 PM

[You really deserve this! Whenever one of the long-time members gets PG I know there is hope for those of us who have been trying longer...

If you have time I'd love to hear your BFP story, how you feel, who you've told, DH's reaction, etc!]

I echo Jencat here. Rain, whenever you take a break from doing the happy dance...

and also, Jencat, sounds like this will be a good month. Treat yourself like a queen!

temp a little down today, think maybe not this month . . .

#142 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 PM

: Congrats GISDiva! :

Congrats Rain!

Here's some baby dust for everyone else!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#143 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Poetgirl - I still have hope for you!! Here's some dust...
#144 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
PatioGardener!!!

How long have you been ttc? After you let me know, I'll add you to the first post which lists all of us members! You'll like it here! There are many of us ttc #1 in our 30's and we have many BFP's! Hopefully, you'll have yours soon!
Thanks for the great welcome, everyone! I'm really new at this - TTC since July 2007. So I'm trying to be very relaxed about it, tell myself that it is quite normal to try for some time, that 36 is not "too old" to try for #1 etc. It really helps to hear about the BFPs! Hopefully this month will bring even more.
#145 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 PM

Thanks for all of your kind words and wishes. I am one happy girl today! And congrats to GISDiva too!!

You can think of all the fun or romantic ways that you might like to tell your DH that a 2nd line finally showed up...but what really happens.... We met family members for lunch yesterday, so I decided not to test in the morning. After lunch and errands, we came home & I started on some hand washing. That's when the test called to me...it said "test now". I was washing a top in the sink...stopped to test...put the test on the back of the toilet and proceeded to break the sink stopper. I started to walk out of the bathroom to ask DH to fix it when I noticed a distinct line popping up after only a minute. I grabbed the test and the sink parts, and asked DH if he could fix the sink... "Sure"....then I handed him the parts with the test.... :

Then we cried and sang and giggled and danced all day. We realized this morning how hard it will be not to share the news! I can't tell you how glad I am to have this forum!:

This month marks one year of TTC for us. However, we m/c in 11/06, and took 4 months off (3 mo. due to m/c & 1 due to feeling overwhelmed)....= 8 months total.

This is what we did in July/Aug:

Fertell Test - told us that DH did not have the low SC we had suspected (so we could BD every day if we wanted to afterall)

Acupuncture - Worked on liver & kidney imbalances (strange side effect was not wanting to BD after O!)

Charting - Our timing was often off before July!

PreSeed - tossed it as far as I could. Hate it!

De-stressed - Made a major job shift. No more supervision! DH and I are both doing more of what we love.

Yoga for Fertility - got tired of the DVD, but incorporated some of the poses into my practice

Meditation - at least a few minutes every day

I wore a fertility bracelet that I made out of carnelian stone. It was more of reminder of our intention, and I often forgot it in the washing machine...

I'd like to say that acupuncture "did the trick", but in my heart I believe it was all significant. On a spiritual level it really felt like everything just came together this month...like maybe a little spirit looked out and said, "Ok...it's time."

Whew...I don't want to fill up the whole page!

Peace & may your DHs & partners soon look like mine - : !

Rain
#146 of 315 Old 08-12-2007, 08:59 PM

Patio - I've found that health matters a lot more than age. I've met a few older moms lately -who didn't have #1 until they were 40+ - and I admire their stamina - and intuitive connections to their children. I also know a lot of 20 -something moms through my work, and many of them are completely overwhelmed physically & emotionally!

Surround yourself with the positive thinkers - like these gals! - and let all the "advanced maternal age" bs roll off your back!

Poet & Jencat - I hope you join me soon!!

Rain
#147 of 315 Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 AM

I'm dipping a toe in the thread. Can I join you all?

I'm 31 (very soon to be 32), and DH is 30. We've been married 14 months now and we feel like the time is right! We're not preventing anymore, and I've just started charting.

I haven't read the entire thread : but you all seem just so nice and friendly, and it's great to see the BFPs this month!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#148 of 315 Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM

WOW, go away for a few days and come back to such wonderful surprises!!! I am a little red and crispy from my lack of awareness at home much I lived in the pool this weekend. We went yard saling and I picked up some wonderful gifts to recycle for Christmas! Golf was the theme. I also landed good stuff at the Good Will. A nice grey wool coat, some yoga pants and good books. OK, enough idle chit-chat!

CONGRATS!!!
: : : : RAIN AND DIVA: : : :

PATIOGARDNER AND VEGANCUPCAKE

you will really enjoy this group of gals!

Sorry about all the BFN's and AF! My AF was pretty uneventful this month which I thought odd. Usually I have more cramping but barely any this month. Michelle, I have thought too about Thyroid and I am going to ask the doc this month. I have a friend, actually the one who introduced me to TCOYF, and she has severe thyroid d/o. Her doc told her that even if she did get preg. she could carry it to term because her levels are so out of whack! I know she recommended not the standard Thyroid test but to ask for the T3 and T4. She has let me borrow 2 books which I haven't read yet until I get some insight from the doctor. They are: "Living Well With Hypothyroidism" by Mary Shomon and "Living Well With Autoimmune Disease" by Mary Shomon.

Rain, I researched some stones and bought a book. Those are pretty much the same ones I found and am going to use. I also added Citrine to the mix and Fluorite which is one of y favorites!!! I am going to call the accupuncturist today for a little help on the fertility as well as my neck and lower back (car accident when I was 18).

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#149 of 315 Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 AM

Hey, all. It continues to be a good thing we're not ttc right now. My cycle's wacked out, either from my kidney stones or too much time with/near my family. Hard to tell.

In any event, there are photos from my weekend on my blog, if you're interested.

Welcome to all the newbies! May your stay here be short and productive.
#150 of 315 Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 PM

14 dpo, no AF, no spotting, temp up and i have never tried so hard to see a line before but nothing. maybe i'll try again later. it was 2MU and not much of it. let's just say i made a spontaneous trip to walgreens at 7 am when i saw no AF. but the BFN?:

p.s. anyone make anything of my funny chart?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page