AUGUST TTC in our 20s! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 266 Old 08-19-2007, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i know, that's what bothers me too, the thought of "wasting a good month". and it's not that i'm only worried about not being able to attend, i will most likely want her at my birth, so i would also risk not being able to have her there. i dunno...it's only cd7, and i've been Oing somewhere around cd16-17, so i guess i could talk with her in the next day or two and ask how absolutely commited to that date she is. if it's something she's absolutely set on, then i will probably just let this cycle go. BUT otoh, if she says that she may change the date if she finds the right place and it's booked on her desired date, then we'll probably just go ahead and give it a try this cycle.
#182 of 266 Old 08-19-2007, 06:11 PM

Congrats Ashely. Sticky baby vibes coming your way.
#183 of 266 Old 08-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Hi all! I got a faint (but so definitely there) BFP this morning! Even better; I'm due on my birthday!

I'm nervous, but hopeful. 3rd time has to be the charm, right?
congrats!!! sticky vibes coming your way...

Monday check in
Where are you at in your cycle: 4 dpo, CD 18
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: Loads of imagined symptoms - heightened sense of smell, funny taste in my mouth, constipation, increased hunger, cramps, WEIRD intense dreams...
Testing: I'm going to try to make it to the 31st but have will realistically make it to the 28th
Thoughts:waiting to inseminate was crazy-making. the 2ww is ok so far - just veeerrry slow. i wish people would stop telling me their fertility horror stories!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#184 of 266 Old 08-19-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
i wish people would stop telling me their fertility horror stories!
and you know what? as soon as you get your bfp everyone will tell you morning sickness horror stories, and when you get big they'll wanna tell you their birth/labor horror stories. for some reason seeing a bump makes everyone think you want their opinion or want to hear their bad news stories! :

AnneCordelia--oh man, that's a toughie! we were just saying yesterday how lucky i am that i haven't gotten pg yet cause i would be in the same situation. i was saying how it will be nice to be pg for the wedding because i'll be the only one not worrying about getting in shape, losing 5 lbs, etc. another thing that would be really hard about having just recently given birth would be the stress of a newborn who will most likely be nursing ALL THE TIME. so you would need a dress that will A.) be flattering to the lumpy post-partum figure, and B.) be easy to nurse in cause you'll surely be nursing at least 50 times during the reception. not to mention, you'll still be bleeding, so i would imagine you won't be able to do much more than sit and enjoy the festivities from your seat. *sigh* but babies are so wonderful!
#185 of 266 Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Monday Check in:

Name: Jennifer
Date: 8/20/2007
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 49
Appointments: N/A
Symptoms if they apply: None except my bbs being tender from o.
Testing: No testing for me this cycle, dp was away during my fertile time
Thoughts: I think my body may be trying to straighten itself out. Here's me crossing my fingers for next cycle.

Lots of luck and to everyone
#186 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 07:06 AM

Monday check in:

Name: melanie
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 23
Symptoms if they apply: Just today I fell my tender parts hurting a little like pre AF. Which cannot be, I have long cycles and not ovulated yet.
Testing: I'm not even close to ovulation. I will not even BUY tests before AF is late.
Thoughts: patience, patience, patience..

hh2.gif

#187 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 AM

Monday check in:

Name: Allie
Date: 8/20/07
Whare are you at in your cycle: CD 49
Symptoms: none I guess
Testing: Okay so I caved and tried another dollar store HPT and a line showed up but it was lighter. I'm going to splurge on an expensive one today lol

I really have no clue.

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#188 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Monday Check in:
Name: Rachel
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 9-waiting to O
Symptoms if they apply: Just an excited/nervous tummy
Testing: OPK's starting on CD 13-14
Thoughts We ordered our swimmers and they should arrive on Thursday! We'll insem this weekend or early next week if everything goes well!

-Rachel

#189 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

xixstar, Emilys2guppies, JohnsCelticQueen, KittyMommy4, and e(Lisa)beth:

AF sympathies to slowtime, CatholicBFMama, DvlDg, and CNutty

KittyMommy4 - I completely agree - even with my horrible chart I'm so glad I have some clue what's going on with my body.

pazerific, wow, that must have been uncomfortable. I normally just wash with whatever soap is available and have never had an issue.

xixstar, I would have been totally freaked out by the Diva cup when I was 12. I thought it looked big and scary when I got it last year! I love it now and couldn't live without it though.

JohnsCelticQueen- your chart looks weirdly like mine.

sunflwrmoonbeam- H&H9 to you and lots of sticky vibes!!! Congratulations!!!

Little grey mare - I eagerly await your update!!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#190 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Name: Songbird
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 70
Appointments: September 4th with the GYN
Symptoms if they apply: Nope
Testing: Not unless the doc wants to do any
Thoughts: FF gave me crosshairs again, but again, I'm sort of dubious. It has giveth and taketh away crosshairs before in this cycle. But I wonder if any more experienced charters have any idea what my chart means, if anything?

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#191 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Monday Check In

Name: 2happymamas

Date:
08/20/07

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 10; waiting to ovulate.

Appointments: None

Symptoms if they apply: CM is getting a little more stretchy. My cervical opening was starting to open a little last night. DW is going to check it again this afternoon when we get home.

Testing: Starting OPK's in a few hours

Thoughts: Waiting for OPK+ so that we can do an insemination. We go to pick up the frozen sperm in a few hours from the bank. This is out first attempt at TTC #1 and really hoping that this will work this cycle.
#192 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Hello All!! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been visiting family so I haven't been able to check in much. Congratulations to all the BFPs!!
Here is my Monday Check-In:

Name: Gillian
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 12
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: I keep feeling pre-O twinges but I don't normally O until CD 26. I did start taking vitex so I'm hoping my O date will be moved up, but I doubt it wil be moved that much.
Testing: None
Thoughts: I'm feeling pretty relaxed at the moment. I'm kind of in a state where I've accepted that last cycle wasn't meant to be but its too soon to start getting excited about my next O date. I'm also visiting family so I have been busy which keeps my mind off everything. We get home Wednesday and then I'll probably start getting excited again.

Question for everyone - Did you notice an earlier O date on your first month of vitex? If so, from what cd to what cd did you move? I usually O on CD 26, so I was thinking I could move up to as earlier as CD 20. I'm just curious what others have found...

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#193 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Monday Check in:
Name: Kelly
Where are you at in your cycle: cd7
Appointments: i'm headed back to the doctor on thurs for my hormone level test results
Symptoms if they apply: i'm enjoying the lack of any
Testing: i was thinking about trying OPKs this cycle, but i think i'll wait until the next one
Thoughts: i'm pretty sure that we're taking a break this cycle. i hate to think of just letting this one go by, but i can't stand the thought of missing BFF's wedding. oh well, while waiting a whole entire month seems torturous now, when i finally get my bfp the next cycle (trying to work on some LOA stuff), sitting this one out will seem like no big deal. now the true test will be to see if i don't somehow talk myself out of waiting when my O date moves closer. i'm going to have to tell dh to sign up for overtime at work this weekend so i can't convince him that we should just go ahead and DTD anyways.
#194 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Monday Check-In

Name: Margie
Where are you at in your cycle: CD#2 (second day of m/c bleeding)
Appointments: NONE
Symptoms if they apply: NONE
Testing: I feel like I never want to take another HPT!
Thoughts: Very disappointed and sad.....I have been MIA while on vacation and in that time, we tested on CD 24 and got 2 BFP's & on CD 30 I started bleeding heavily. I assume it was a chemical pregnancy because for that week I had all the pregnancy symptoms. So, this was the 1st cycle that we TTC since our m/c in May and we were blessed to conceive, but it ended as quickly as it began. I feel so lost.....2 m/c in 3 months. :

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
#195 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 PM

I'm so sorry whittliz!!! that's tough! :

hh2.gif

#196 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 03:26 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss, Whittliz. :

Songbird, your chart does look similar to mine. I'm sure I'd be wary of FF giving me crosshairs if I had more temps on my chart. I seem to be going through 2 weeks of symptoms (like sore bbs, nausea if I have an empty stomach, dizziness, headaches) and 2 off. My last cycle was 126 days and I had spotting and light flow for 2 weeks. I'm pretty I didn't ovulate last cycle though. My body is making me feel like this : , I've never been regular but now that I'm TTC maybe its time to talk to and OB about what can be making my cycles wonky. DP needs to be at his job for 6 months before we can add me to his insurance so I have to wait until Oct to see an OB.
#197 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Monday Check in:
Name: Jennifer
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 11
Appointments: none this week
Symptoms if they apply: i am starting to get nice Cm
Testing: moniter everyday untill i get my P
Thoughts: I think i am going to O early for me this month we will see.
#198 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Ashley I hope this one is a sticky bean.
#199 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Monday Check-In

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kelly
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 162
Appointments: Soon, hopefully, as soon as my insurance comes through!
Symptoms if they apply: Nope
Testing: nope.
Thoughts: I'm getting anxious for the doctors! I'm excited but nervous!

s for those who need them!

Congrats on the BFP!

Wife to D (12/03) and totally smitten Mama to DD (4/05) DS (2/09) and expecting DD#2  6/23/11
#200 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 06:09 PM

Wallooo!

Monday Check in: Monday Aug 20
Name: Emily
Date: Monday Aug 20
Where are you at in your cycle: I'm gearing to O any second now.
Appointments: Nada yet.
Symptoms if they apply: EWCM, high cervix, soft cervix.
Testing: Not yet.
Thoughts:

Could I be changed on the list? When I first posted it was under a temporary name while I waited for my password to be updated on this account. I posted temporarily as Emilys2guppies but prefer this username, AnneCordelia. I'm sorry for the confusion...I realize it's inconvenient of me to do this. Thank you very much.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#201 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Monday Check-In

Name: Aly
Where are you at in your cycle: CD19, 2DPO
Symptoms if they apply: bb's still tender from O (but they usually dont stay this long, HAHAHA See Im already imagining symptoms)
Testing: Im a POAS-aholic... I test everyday starting at 8DPO
Thoughts: I am very optimistic for the first time since m/c in May, We did the SMEP this month and I know I am only on 2DPO but I just feel different this time around... :

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#202 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 07:00 PM

Monday check in:

Name: Angela
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 21, 8 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Tender breasts, easily tired - but I'm on progesterone cream, so the symptoms could be because of that...
Testing: Not so far! Trying to wait until 12 DPO...
Thoughts: This 2WW thing is for the birds. Can I just skip to the pregnancy part? Also, my temps are climbing like crazy. I think this is the progesterone, but it's really weird. I had my two highest temps EVER the last two days. There's no way I could get a triphasic chart, because my chart is climbing steadily instead of staying in any one "phase".

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
#203 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 07:02 PM

Monday Check-In

Name: Rochelle
Where are you at in your cycle: CD13
Symptoms if they apply: Agh...I'm still feeling odd from before AF so who knows...just waiting to O
Testing: Not yet
Thoughts: We're going to be BDing every day this next week so I guess we'll see a month from now.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#204 of 266 Old 08-20-2007, 07:35 PM

Monday Check-In

Name: Beth
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 5
Appointments: still being crossed by insurance!
Symptoms if they apply: only the end of AF
Testing: still with the usual OPKs but nothing of any interest
Thoughts: Happy to be done with my week's worth of company so I can return to participating in other people's reproductive lives on the internet. So Very Happy about my 12 day LP from last cycle and the normal seeming AF it produced. Seriously, this period was just like the ones I had when I was 16 and still normally ovulatory. My happiness almost made up for the stabby, stabby cramps!

Beth, SAHM to the little french goose, 6/17/09 and my little panda bear 2/6/12. I nursed with low supply, domperidone and a lact-aid for 18 months!
#205 of 266 Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 AM

beth--how awesome that things felt closer to normal!

well, i debated with myself all day on weather or not we were going to ttc this month. i think it's decided--we're gonna go for it! i just can't stand the thought of missing a perfectly good chance. not to mention i talked with bff today, and she said she's not 100% on the date. i would hate to try to time things better, and then have the timing be even worse. if it's meant to be, then it will happen, and if not, then that's ok too!

is anyone on post-O progesterone? i'm planning to ask the doc, but i'm curious if anyone here knows the answer right off the bat: does progesterone take a couple cycles to make things optimal, or are it's effects pretty immediate?
#206 of 266 Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Monday Checkin on Tuesday...

Name: Karen
Date: 8/21/2007
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 21
Symptoms if they apply: Thought O was coming, with just a very small bit of EW, but not sure as it went away. Cervix seemed pretty soft though, so maybe progress was or will be made.
Thoughts: At one time I was all gungho on TTC specifically for girl and being very conscious of estimated due date, now I'm just happy with the idea of any baby at any time.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#207 of 266 Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 PM

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 23, 11 DPO

Symptoms if they apply: cramps on 8,9 DPO, sore breasts - I am new at this so I keep second guessing myself because I dont want to get my hopes up

Testing: I am going to try to hold out until 18DPO if I still have high temps

Thoughts: I dont know what to think right now. Well, I do know that I want the anxiety to end with TTC, charting, 2WW-ing, etc. There's only one thing that will end all of that

Will anyone else be testing early next week - Monday - Tuesday-ish (8/27-28)??
#208 of 266 Old 08-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMommy4 View Post
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 23, 11 DPO

Symptoms if they apply: cramps on 8,9 DPO, sore breasts - I am new at this so I keep second guessing myself because I dont want to get my hopes up

Testing: I am going to try to hold out until 18DPO if I still have high temps

Thoughts: I dont know what to think right now. Well, I do know that I want the anxiety to end with TTC, charting, 2WW-ing, etc. There's only one thing that will end all of that

Will anyone else be testing early next week - Monday - Tuesday-ish (8/27-28)??
Ill be testing on Tuesday...I am not nearly as strong as you though I start testing at like 10 DPO however I did get my last BFP at 11DPO so I'm hoping to repeat that timing HAHAHA

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#209 of 266 Old 08-22-2007, 07:22 PM

~*~*~*~*~bfp*vibes*2*all~*~*~*~*~
#210 of 266 Old 08-23-2007, 02:58 AM

i should know better... having some very tender breasts and know that I probably didn't o earlier this month, even if FF thinks maybe I did, and still I'm letting my brain run away with "what if" possibilities. yeah, what if it is a pregnancy and thats why they are so sore... but then again, having sore boobs ain't unusual, so what if AF is just showing up a bit early instead.

I'm not keen on testing often and early cause there are so many other things I want to spend my money on... so guess i better get to sleep so I can follow up on any temp changes at least... sigh, I know better than to get anxious like this yet it happens every . single . time I think (aka hope) I might be preg.
sigh.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page