Got a couple of questions... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me and my husband are trying for our 3rd and most likely the last child.I had a paraguard IUD for just about 4 years and had it removed last month and had the go ahead and start trying this month from our DR.Well my period this month started on the 12th and ended on the 15th.We started using Answer Daily ovulation tracker 1st day after period ended.I have got a negative result up until yesterday afternoon.I had a faint line in the control window.Now i know that it does not mean that your ovulating until the line is the same color or darker then the control line but my question is does this faint line after repeated no lines mean that im going to be ovulating soon?Also my mucus has gone from creamy to clear and more abundent but not streatchy.Also i have had a little bit of cramping last night,dont realy know what that was about?Thanks for the info and your thoughts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 PM

"Ovulation predictor kit (LH kit)
The detection of the LH surge has become useful for people who want to know when ovulation occurs. LH can be detected by urinary ovulation predictor kits (OPK, also LH-kit) that are performed daily around the time ovulation may be expected.[6] The conversion from a negative to a positive reading would suggest that ovulation is about to occur within 24-48 hours. Couples who plan to conceive would time intercourse accordingly.[7]

As sperm can stay viable in the woman for several days, such tests are not recommended for contraceptive practices."
Hope this helps--- I always thought that from the surge (a positive test) that is when you are ovulating but in fact it is the Surge that causes the release of the egg- so has they say it is within 24-48 post surge that the egg is released.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM

oh and for the cramping around ovulation- it is called Mittelschmerz- it is the small amount of blood that is released into the pelvic cavity from the ruptured follicle (egg)...
Old 08-29-2007, 10:23 AM

Sounds like you are about to ovulate. You might try robitussin to thin out the CM. The *clear* CM you are seeing is called egg white cervical mucus (EWCM) and is very fertile. I wish you the best!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooksmom View Post
Sounds like you are about to ovulate. You might try robitussin to thin out the CM. The *clear* CM you are seeing is called egg white cervical mucus (EWCM) and is very fertile. I wish you the best!
robitussin?Cold medication?Sorry im new to this.I take this by mouth right?What kind works best?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple3198 View Post
robitussin?Cold medication?Sorry im new to this.I take this by mouth right?What kind works best?
Yes by mouth! You take robitussin or a generic whose only active ingredient is guaifenesin. Take 2 teaspoons 3 x day. It thins out the cervical mucus making it more sperm friendly! Here is a link to one of the sights with this info. I like this one because it is to the point!
http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/robitussin.html

User Tag List