SEPTEMBER TTC in our 20s! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2007, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little grey mare View Post
Okay I'm not looking for attention seriously, but what's with the dotted crosshair?? I thought for sure I O'd on CD13 not 12, wouldn't that make more sense?
Oh whatever. I'll just sit tight for a couple more days.

BTW - when's the soonest I should try taking a test? I read some of you try at 8-9DPO with some luck but I was always under the impression to wait until 14-15...should I jump the gun?

I'm restricting myself to just one HPT this round because I went through 7 last round.
If you are restricting yourself to one HPT, I would say wait until 12DPO........I would hate for you to run out!

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Okay I'm not looking for attention seriously, but what's with the dotted crosshair?? I thought for sure I O'd on CD13 not 12, wouldn't that make more sense?
Oh whatever. I'll just sit tight for a couple more days.

BTW - when's the soonest I should try taking a test? I read some of you try at 8-9DPO with some luck but I was always under the impression to wait until 14-15...should I jump the gun?

I'm restricting myself to just one HPT this round because I went through 7 last round.
Your chart is beautiful! I'm sure that the dotted crosshairs are just because of those two identical temps on CD7-8. But, I think it's dead-on with where your O date is...and your timing was great too.

If you're only going to use one test then I would probably wait until 14 DPO...but if it's a good test (FRER or the like) then 12 DPO might not be too early.

All the best!
Emily

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia View Post
My theory is that you can always put on more clothing, but you can only take so much off.

I'm with you on that one, plus I have a pretty strong dislike for summer and spend it wishing for snow. I can only get oh so naked and when there's still no relief, I'm cranky and miserable. Instead, I love being able to cuddle into warm fall and winter clothing and never have a problem getting warm.

But I'll take a baby however, whenever at this point -- of course, my partner has been so swamped at work lately, there hasn't been any time for anything intimate lately.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 AM

argh, sleeping in on saturday mornings is so irresistible but I sure hate when it mucks up my chart. normally I'm pretty good at waking up just enough to temp and falling back to sleep, but not this morning.

nicmazzei - saw you also had an high, open circle temp -- made me smile thinking that I'm probably not the only one. this cycle buddy thing is petty exciting.

now that the weekend is here and DP's deadlines from last week have passed, maybe we'll get a chance to spend some time together - I'm glad that there is still some time until ovulation happens as I would have been disappointed to miss it if it were last week. have a good weekend ladies!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 PM

Ah ha!
So I'm not crazy lol! I'm just so happy, I entered my temp for this morning and FF changed my O from CD12 to CD13 - Just like *I* thought it should be. Whatdya know...

Although that kind of sucks because it means I'm only 3DPO instead of 4 today and every day really counts for little miss impatient me

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

Old 09-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittliz View Post
Awesome Spider! :
it was too good to be true I got 1 line in the next morning ( same box, same brand : ) anyway on Wednesday I felt as I was having something like flu - itchy throat, nose running - the whole nine yards. Got to the doc yesterday and he said I was contagious, should stay in bed, must drink lots of fluid and take antibiotics : Also their test came out negative and AF started last night. I am happy I am not pregnant at this very moment because the condition I am in right now is not perfect. I actually did not feel like it at all, so I must have eaten or drunk something before taking the first test or it was evaporation line and we both got too excited over it.

So my new check -ins:

Date: 9/8/07
Cycle Day: 2
Appointments: None
Testing: none yet
Symptoms: see the previous paragraph
Thoughts: wiped out

BTW my DH bought me Clear Blue easy test machine though I had never requested.
Has anybody used it?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:08 PM

anyone else ever get unusually high temps during af? mine have been all over the place for the past 3 days. totally strange.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 AM

Monday Check in: Okay, it is Sunday
Name: Fran
Date: 09/09
Where are you at in your cycle: CD1
Appointments: I'm calling tomorrow for my first U/S
Symptoms if they apply: well, frankly I'm cramping
Testing:
Thoughts: Finally. I really hope that this goes well. I can't believe that I'll be inseminating soon. Hopefully.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 AM

Monday Check in:
Name: Jennifer
Date: 09/09
Where are you at in your cycle: CD9
Symptoms if they apply: I believe my body is gearing up to o, my bbs hurt something terrible and I've been having erotic dreams.
Testing: None
Thoughts: I'm not going to be temping this cycle because my themomater disappeared in my quick trip home and I can't find a replacement anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where I can get a new one for minimal cost?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
anyone else ever get unusually high temps during af? mine have been all over the place for the past 3 days. totally strange.
It's normal, it's this hormone residue, which I am too lazy to look up. nothing to worry about. now wouldn't it be nice to have 18 high ones AFTER ovulation?

hh2.gif

Old 09-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Monday check in

Name Carolyn
Date 9/10/07
Where you are in your cycle CD 24, Im Oing today!!!!!
Appointments n/a
symptoms alll my regular O ones
Testing pos OPK yesterday
Thoughts so much for stupid vitex moving my O up, but oh well, its here, and we had great timing! I have also offically moved into a June DD, when i get preggo this time, so Ill be opening up that month!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

lovingmommyhood - welcome! I have no information about you so I just sort of guessed, but you can let me know if there's anything wrong in your entry.

little grey mare - is it just me or have you been 4 dpo for days now? But the latest crosshairs look correct, and your timing is still awesome!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Old 09-10-2007, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Name: Songbird
Date: 09/10
Where are you at in your cycle: CD91
Appointments: September 28th to discuss test results
Symptoms if they apply: Nothing relevant
Thoughts: I've started taking a dropperful of chaste tree extract once a day. The bottle says twice a day but I want to try it this way for a few weeks to make sure I don't have any negative reactions to it.

The holding-your-pee part of the ultrasound was very uncomfortable, but the tech was nice and took all the pictures quickly and then let me go to the bathroom so it was over relatively quickly. The wand did look huge but there were no pointy bits and no scraping and really I didn't even feel it. As for what she saw, I have no idea. She asked me if I normally get very heavy periods, which makes me think that the next one might be very heavy, when it finally shows up. Unless she was making idle conversation, I don't know.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Name: Songbird
Where are you at in your cycle: CD91
Appointments: September 28th to discuss test results
Symptoms if they apply: Nothing relevant
Thoughts: I've started taking a dropperful of chaste tree extract once a day. The bottle says twice a day but I want to try it this way for a few weeks to make sure I don't have any negative reactions to it.

The holding-your-pee part of the ultrasound was very uncomfortable, but the tech was nice and took all the pictures quickly and then let me go to the bathroom so it was over relatively quickly. The wand did look huge but there were no pointy bits and no scraping and really I didn't even feel it. As for what she saw, I have no idea. She asked me if I normally get very heavy periods, which makes me think that the next one might be very heavy, when it finally shows up. Unless she was making idle conversation, I don't know.
I hope you get results very quickly! And not a very heavy period... maybe it was just for her info?
Once my exams are over (early October) I will also need to see a doctor, I have just begun my period after a 10 day LP!! what? I am very upset. Last cycle it was 15 days... that is a huge difference.

hh2.gif

Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 PM

fran--i bet you've never been so excited for cd1!

jennifer--hope O comes soon! i got my BBT thermo at rite aid for about $12.

oceane--thanks. and yeah, i'll take 18 high temps in a row i'm sure we all would here! i'm so sorry to hear you had such a short LP! maybe it was stress?

carolyn--i love your positive attitude! i hope i'll be joining you in the june ddc!

songbird--i'm so glad you're on your way to getting some answers about what's going on with your body!

Name: Kelly
Date: 9/10
Where are you at in your cycle: cd5
Appointments: nothing for now
Symptoms if they apply: just glad to see af out the door!
Testing: planning to order some OPKs online. i'll probably start those around cd12ish
Thoughts: so i e-mailed my doctor and asked him if i need a different dose of Progest, and he said i need to just give my body time to adjust. my only concern is that he's thinking i should be using it all cycle, and to only stop for af. i'm a little confused about that, and scared it will prevent me from Oing. although, it didn't stop af from coming last time, so maybe it wouldn't stop O either. i might just use it 1x a day before O, and go to 2x a day after O. i think i might call and ask the pharmacist what they know about Progest and TTC. either way, dh is on an earlier shift now, so i won't have to wake up at 3am to DTD when he gets home. won't that be nice!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Monday Check in:
Name: Aly
Where are you at in your cycle: CD11
Appointments: I am having a Fertility work up on Tuesday 9/18, that should also be a day or two after O so, Im hoping we figure out something.
Symptoms if they apply: None yet, Im hoping yet is the Key word hahaha.
Testing: OPK's daily until CD 14 then twice a day until O
Thoughts: Well DH b-day is on the 13th so that will HOPEFULLY keep my busy until then..We will be using Pre-seed for the first time this month, starting on CD14 (I usually O on CD16-17) Lets hope it works!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Monday Check in:

Name: Gillian
Date: Sept. 10
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 33, 8 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Face rash which started at 4 DPO (I'm hoping this is a pregnancy symptom for me ), some tingly feelings, very sore BBs
Testing: I'm going to try and wait until I'm 12 DPO. Friday seems soooo far away!!!
Thoughts: I think I've been staying pretty relaxed this entire cycle so I'm proud of myself. I'm starting to get a little impatient. I may have to test at 10 DPO.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
Old 09-10-2007, 12:35 PM

songbird - I'm glad your ultrasound went well and you didn't have much discomfort, well except for the bladder issues.

pazerific - My temps are always high during my period. I think it's residual progesterone.

Monday Check in:

Name: Margie
Date: Sept. 10
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 23, about 9-10 DPO
Appointments: Chiro on Thursday, which is good because I have a horrible kink in my back!
Symptoms if they apply: My usual pregnancy symptoms, tingling, sore breasts, gag issues, sensitivity to smell, weird back spasm (which my chiro says is my pelvis moving) & heartburn.
Testing: tested this morning and got a BFN, but CD 24 is the earliest I've ever gotten a positive and I had to use a microscope to see that line.
Thoughts: I haven't been charting this month and have been really peaceful....I am starting to get impatient because I want to confirm if I really can trust my body to tell me what's happening or if all these symptoms are just in my imagination. I am taking sublingual progesterone, so I guess it's possible that it could cause these symptoms.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:06 PM

Name: Karen
Date: 9/10/07
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 14
Appointments: no, been wanting to get some levels checked though - need to find a doc though since we just moved and I've not seen one in years.
Symptoms if they apply: CM is improving
Testing: nope
Thoughts: just waiting for O and for partner to be a little more responsive. partially feeling like if this month is a miss, no biggie.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Monday Check-In

Cycle Day: cd 26, est. 10-12 dpo (I think 12)
Symptoms: Heavy, crampy feelings on and off since O, and a lot of creamy, lotiony cm for the last couple of days. Nothing else.
Testing: This morning I broke down and tested. BFN. I felt so good the week after O, and now I'm starting to feel pessimistic. Of course, it could be too early. And I'm not temping, so my instincts could be all wrong and I could be only 8dpo.
Thoughts: : I'm going to hold off testing again until Friday, when AF is due. I bought a couple of Answer tests (one of which I wasted this morning) and a equaline clear blue easy knock-off digital, which I'm saving until I get two lines on another test.

Poor dh is wondering why I've been so brooding and moody the last couple of days. It's hard to explain all the emotional shifting between being certain that we timed things right and caught the egg, and being certain that I'm just killing time waiting for another cycle to start.

On the upside, maybe being broody and moody is a symptom, too.

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 PM

Hey xixstar! I overlapped our charts this morning... are you noticing a trend? It's really interesting

Name: Nicole
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 14
Appointments: I have an appointment to check my thyroid levels checked this Friday. I had post partum thyroiditis and my endocrinologist wanted to check my levels before giving me the green light to let me TTC. You know, what I am doing anyway... : My levels have been fine the last three times I have had them checked anyway, and I feel alright. No harm, no foul.
Symptoms if they apply: CM is starting to come in... a lot... increased libido... ive also been really moody.
Testing: I started OPKing Saturday... even though I know I won't O until about the day after tomorrow or so...
Thoughts: I'd really like this month to be "the month"... I sit at work and fantasize about having a joint blessingway/birthday party I'm so lame! I've got baby on the brain BAD. : I NEED TO RELAX!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:47 PM

Name: Rochelle
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 34 (15DPO)
Appointments: None...
Symptoms if they apply: Still got the achy boobs, that's almost a week now when I haven't had this as a pms symptom since Nov., I had some super light cramps yesterday and I was going to go to the store and buy another hpt last night but I was too tired when I got off work so that's my way of making myself wait this out a bit longer.
Testing: Maybe in the morning
Thoughts: Tired of waiting, but we all are. I hope a bunch of us see 2 lines this month.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Old 09-10-2007, 02:01 PM

Cycle Day: CD36, 10DPO
Symptoms: Stuffy nose. Nothin' else.
Testing: I tested this morning to a faint positive. However, I miscarried last cycle and haven't had a period since, so I'm wondering if it's a new pregnancy that's being picked up on the test or still residual hCG from the lost pregnancy.
Thoughts: I'm really frustrated. I guess I need to go for quantitative betas to be sure.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia View Post
Cycle Day: CD36, 10DPO
Symptoms: Stuffy nose. Nothin' else.
Testing: I tested this morning to a faint positive. However, I miscarried last cycle and haven't had a period since, so I'm wondering if it's a new pregnancy that's being picked up on the test or still residual hCG from the lost pregnancy.
Thoughts: I'm really frustrated. I guess I need to go for quantitative betas to be sure.
This is so frustrating...... My feeling would be that it's from the previous pregnancy. Did you do any testing after your loss to see that your levels were down below 5?

Old 09-10-2007, 03:45 PM

Cycle Day: CD18 4-5DPO
Symptoms: Mmmm nuffin really, cramping from late last week disappeared.
Testing: Holding out till next weekend, I promise!
Thoughts:

Okay as songbird noticed, FF keeps bumping back my O date!! So frustrating, every time I put in a new temp, it changes my baseline and bumps O back a day. So it's insisting that I'm still just 4DPO today lol! I'm still covinced I O'd on CD 13 though so that makes it 5DPO. Or maybe I O'd at like 10pm on CD13 lol who knows really. Or perhaps my temp was up more than usual this morning because I didn't get to bed until midnight last night. Hmmmm
At least I have a solid crosshair now which makes me feel better.

I'm still trying to be positive

Okay here's a random thought. Anyone know what the specific gravity of a fertilized egg is? As in, would it be possible to manipulate where it would implant using gravity? lol See I was thinking, if I had placenta previa, it would totally suck and wipe out any possibility of a HBAC. so I was thinking if I were to stand on my head, perhaps it would help. lmao I blame this thought process on female hormones.

DH thinks it's weightless and will thus float around and implant wherever it so desires

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Monday Check in:
Name: Jennifer
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 8
Appointments: chiro on firday
Symptoms if they apply: nope
Testing: moniter soon
Thoughts: just blah
Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Cycle Day: CD18 4-5DPO
Symptoms: Mmmm nuffin really, cramping from late last week disappeared.
Testing: Holding out till next weekend, I promise!
Thoughts:

Okay as songbird noticed, FF keeps bumping back my O date!! So frustrating, every time I put in a new temp, it changes my baseline and bumps O back a day. So it's insisting that I'm still just 4DPO today lol! I'm still covinced I O'd on CD 13 though so that makes it 5DPO. Or maybe I O'd at like 10pm on CD13 lol who knows really. Or perhaps my temp was up more than usual this morning because I didn't get to bed until midnight last night. Hmmmm
At least I have a solid crosshair now which makes me feel better.

I'm still trying to be positive

Okay here's a random thought. Anyone know what the specific gravity of a fertilized egg is? As in, would it be possible to manipulate where it would implant using gravity? lol See I was thinking, if I had placenta previa, it would totally suck and wipe out any possibility of a HBAC. so I was thinking if I were to stand on my head, perhaps it would help. lmao I blame this thought process on female hormones.

DH thinks it's weightless and will thus float around and implant wherever it so desires

I dont know, but I think Id been willing to try, do we have to stay there for a few days? Im trying to an HBAC too!, Yea for us!
Old 09-10-2007, 04:05 PM

lol Carolyn I guess if we didn't know the *exact* date of when implantation is due to occur...then at least 24 hours would be necessary. I'm insane enough that I've googled this question...but no luck.

Yay for another HBAC'er!

I hope you get the birth experience you want

Old 09-10-2007, 04:49 PM

I woke up this morning with a terrible headcold. : Other than that my symptoms still point towards gearing up to to o , maybe not temping this cycle will give me a change to learn my other symptoms and not obsess of temps.

Songbird, Hopefully you will get good results and AF is a light one when she shows up.

Keeping my fingers crossed for those waiting to know. And sending everyone else loads of baby dust.

Please change my chart link to http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/JohnsQueen
Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:

I didn't test positive until 14DPO. I normally had a 12 day LP so I knew something was up when AF didn't show and my temps were still high BUT no BFP until 14DPO (and even then it was very faint). So I recommend you hold out as long as possible.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too

User Tag List