SEPTEMBER TTC in our 20s! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Songbird45, I take Clary sage oil every time I have irregularity in my cycle. I did it this month also because I was 7 days late.

I take it internally: 1 drop + 1/4 teaspoon of honey and dilute it in hot herbal or old good black tea. You may use the way that is more comfortable for you.
http://www.anandaapothecary.com/arom...ntial-oil.html

Quote:
One of the many components of Clary Sage is Sclareol, which has an estrogen-like structure. Clary Sage oil can be beneficial to the female reproductive system, with hormone balancing effects possible for some individuals. This may be useful for for amenorrhea, cramps and menstrual pain. For perimenopause hot flashes, a sponge bath with a few drops of Clary Sage in cool water can help. The oil is noted by Peter Damian in 'Aromatherapy Scent and Psyche' as "an excellent relaxant having somewhat aphrodisiacal, euphoric, antidepressant characteristics especially helpful in the treatment of menopausal or PMS symptoms. A remedy for insommnia, it is likewise effectual for feelings of paranoia, panic, or hysteria."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2007, 03:14 AM

Hi, I'm new here, 22 and TTC our first baby going on 22 months of trying... its very frustrating.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Aw, thanks. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow and see what she suggests. I've been going through various PCOS websites to educate myself beforehand and I think I want to try diet/herbs before I try medication. And tomorrow is sort of a test for the doctor: if she's on board and willing to help she's the doc for me! If she's all, "I can't help you if you won't let me treat you" where "treat you" is pulling out the prescription pad I'll be looking for a new doc.
sounds reasonable. education is so the key... good luck with the doc! I also think it's best to try the least invasive things first (or why am I drinking the GROSS herbal infusions everyday? )

welcome applekitten!! love your name

hh2.gif

Old 09-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applekitten View Post
Hi, I'm new here, 22 and TTC our first baby going on 22 months of trying... its very frustrating.
Hello and welcome here. There are a lot of great women who make TTC a fun experience on here. Hope you enjoy your stay but hope it's not a long one!:

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Old 09-28-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:

It's so hard to say positive.......I hope you're blessed with a BFP soon!

On another note, I just wanted to tell everyone how excited I am today! We usually don't start DTD until about CD 12, but for some reason I felt like we should start last night (CD 10). I woke up this morning to bunches of EWCF and a REALLY positive OPK! Good thing we got started early.

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
Old 09-28-2007, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

oceane, I love your name too.

countrybound, I hope my stay here isn't too long either.

Whittliz, hope you're BD like bunnies right now and you get your BFP!!

I'm talking to my doctor in a couple weeks about getting some added help with TTC we haven't tried anything extra yet and I think its time. I'm so nervous about it because I hate talking to doctors about anything but I know it will be worth it. SIGH.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittliz View Post

On another note, I just wanted to tell everyone how excited I am today! We usually don't start DTD until about CD 12, but for some reason I felt like we should start last night (CD 10). I woke up this morning to bunches of EWCF and a REALLY positive OPK! Good thing we got started early.
that's intuition for you!

Quote:

I'm talking to my doctor in a couple weeks about getting some added help with TTC we haven't tried anything extra yet and I think its time. I'm so nervous about it because I hate talking to doctors about anything but I know it will be worth it. SIGH.
It will be worth it, but I also am reluctant to go see doctors. So I understand.

hh2.gif

Old 09-29-2007, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

So I'm not even really sure what to think here. The doctor showed me the bloodwork and ultrasound results and I agree with her PCOS diagnosis. She wants to put me on progesterone to force a period (withdrawal bleeding) and then she suggested CLOMID! Not metformin, which is what I expected. She said the latest research showed that if you want to ovulate, you should just go straight for the Clomid and the met doesn't provide much additional benefit. I asked about more holistic/natural treatment, and she said to get some Omega 3 supplements and eat more leafy greens (folic acid) and replace sugar for more complex carbs (whole grains, multi grains). She said that we would try the holistic approach for 3 months, and if that didn't work, move to the Clomid.

So... does anyone have opinions about if what she's suggesting seems reasonable? (Hmm... maybe I'll ask on the infertility board. I'll probably get more BTDT stories...)

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Old 09-29-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
So I'm not even really sure what to think here. The doctor showed me the bloodwork and ultrasound results and I agree with her PCOS diagnosis. She wants to put me on progesterone to force a period (withdrawal bleeding) and then she suggested CLOMID! Not metformin, which is what I expected. She said the latest research showed that if you want to ovulate, you should just go straight for the Clomid and the met doesn't provide much additional benefit. I asked about more holistic/natural treatment, and she said to get some Omega 3 supplements and eat more leafy greens (folic acid) and replace sugar for more complex carbs (whole grains, multi grains). She said that we would try the holistic approach for 3 months, and if that didn't work, move to the Clomid.

So... does anyone have opinions about if what she's suggesting seems reasonable? (Hmm... maybe I'll ask on the infertility board. I'll probably get more BTDT stories...)
I'd ask at the other board, I'm sure they know more about meds etc. sorry, no help here..

hh2.gif

Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 PM

songbird--i really don't know anything more abput pcos than what i've read here, but it sounds like you have a reasonable doc. it sounds promising that she's even willing to talk about a natural route!

i'm looking forward to being threadkeeper for october! i think i can handle it, but i've never kept a thread before, so please be gentle with me ladies.

i'm 6dpo and experiencing some strange-ish symptoms. i'm really into salty snacks (i can't stay out of the olives) and i've been rather weepy. well, i don't know if i would even call it weepy, but i keep getting choked up over strange things. i dunno. it could all very easily just be pms, i just hope my LP lasts at least 10 days this month. i'm ready to feel like my body knows how to do this. i'm ready to be round and lovely again, instead of thin with deflated bbs (ah, BFing--it's a miracle but my formerly perky bbs have taken the fall for it ).
Old 09-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Hi y'all,
Lots of interesting things going on.
Songbird I no nothing about PCOS, but it sounds like you have a doc who's willing to work with what you want. I agree that the very knowledgable people on the infertility board will probably be able to help you.

Pazerific aren't those symptoms frustrating??! I've been having the same sort of things - symptoms that might mean we're prego or might mean PMS. I've been feeling like af is on her way for 3 or 4 days now but I'm also going to the bathroom constantly, and have slightly sore bbs.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 09-29-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post

I've been feeling like af is on her way for 3 or 4 days now but I'm also going to the bathroom constantly, and have slightly sore bbs.
After last cycle I'm not falling for the sore boobs trap, very much NOT a symptom for me

hh2.gif

Old 09-30-2007, 02:43 AM

Saterday Check in:
Name: Spider
Date: 9/29/07
Where are you at in your cycle: CD22
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: typical PMS - mild cramping, sore boobies etc
Testing: none
Thoughts: have no positive thoughts, just waiting for AF
Old 09-30-2007, 11:29 AM

Name: Aly
Date: 9/30/07
Where are you at in your cycle: Cd3
Appointments: 10/9/07, Im starting Clomid, so they will be monitoring via ultra sound to se how many follicles I have.
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: none
Thoughts: This is my first month on Clomid so, I am a little nervous but really excited and hopeful.

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 PM

ok ladies, i'm getting october up and running so that it's ready for monday checkin's tomorrow.

User Tag List