Foods and herbs to aid in conception? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Celina, just wondering...what does this mean exactly? Like obsessing tenses you up in a subtle but significant way...? When it takes so long, this is hard. I wonder where the fine line is between obsessing and trying to help make things more fertile-friendly.
I would say the fine line goes where you start getting stress over TTC. If you manage to stay stress free while making things more fertile-friendly then why not make them. Obsessing about TTC sounds to me like there must be at least some stress involved and possibly loads, even if you don´t realise it. Stress obviously affects ovulation in a bad way.

My thoughts only

I´ll really try hard to be stress free myself as I´d love a much earlier O. (and longer luteal phase)
#62 of 74 Old 09-18-2007, 08:01 PM

does anyone know? are you supposed to take EPO from cd1 until O, or the whole cycle through?:
#63 of 74 Old 09-18-2007, 08:10 PM

I'm starting EPO this cycle. Personally, I'm only going to take it until I O b/c I'm only taking it to increase cm and I'm cheap and don't want to waste it by taking it after O when I no longer need it
I'm also increasing my vitex dose this cycle and doing my usual 1 cup a day of RRL tea (and a prenatal vitamin). : : :

Oh, and I'm not stressing. I'm very relaxed. Okay, honestly how do you know if your relaxed?!?! I have a very relaxing slow pace lifestyle. If I feel like I'm relaxed does that mean I am? I think I'm getting stressed over trying to make sure I'm relaxed.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#64 of 74 Old 09-18-2007, 08:29 PM

celina, all the herbs i am taking are chinese herbs from my acupunturist. she custom mixes powdered herbs blends for me and i take different ones for each 8-9 days of my cycle, one for follicle stimulating, one for ovulation and one to support implantation. i have to say i had no idea my LP would improve so quickly. the first month it was 15 days and this past month, around 16 and this has never happened regularly.

yeah, fine line about obsessing and helping. i think i am helping and i do lead a pretty balanced lifestyle...i guess i don't need to obsess over whether i'm obsessing and hopefully, i am "normal" -- whatever that means!

and about EPO, yes, take only until O!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#65 of 74 Old 09-19-2007, 03:45 AM

flax seeds every day until O, then sunflower seeds every day til bfp or AF. You need to eat at least 2-3 T. per day. I got pregnant the first cycle I did this!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#66 of 74 Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celina View Post

BTW, could green tea or raspberry leaf tea change the colour of you pee drastically? Mine has changed to very bright/neon-like yellow and I don´t think I´ve ever had it. I´m not pregnant, can´t be that, I did a test even after AF arrived ´cause my boobs have been fuller. Silly me.
have you been taking Bcomplex by any chance??
i know when i take Bcomplex supplements i have neon yellow pee...

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#67 of 74 Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Yep, taking vit. B complex Glad that´s sorted out, thanks!
#68 of 74 Old 09-21-2007, 09:24 AM

I don´t think I´m taking anything that would be harmful for DD when she b/feeds, but thought to check. She´s 26mo and has started to wake up loads at night. (About every 1-2h) She´s never been a great sleeper, but it had been pretty ok before this.

I still have got her teeth to check (missing last 4), but this started pretty much after I started taking B6 complex, raspberry leaf tea and wheat oil(? not sure what it translates to, but something like that). Last night I skipped my evening green tea (caffeine?) but it didn´t make a difference, I´ll skip it again tonight just in case.

(She´s still in nappies and it could also be something about them as one evening in bed she said "pee" and I said "Did you? Well it´s ok as you have a nappy on". Maybe she doesn´t like peeing in her nappy anymore. Daytime at home she´s without nappies and to pee she takes her pants off and pees on the floor... Need to investigate this more)

Has this happened to anyone else due to some herbs or tablets you´ve started? It´s frustrating as I wanna get enough sleep to TTC, but keep having lack of sleep now that she wakes me up so much.
#69 of 74 Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
How about others, how do you take your RRL tea or how are you supposed to take it?
!
I used to just drink one cup of tea but now I make herbal infusions as in Susun S. Weed's book: 2 handfuls of the leaves and filling a jar up with boiling water, then I let it steep for 4 hours and drink it several times a day. You're supposed to do that for several months (though I don't know whether it's really more potent that way). tea is fine, too, I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggles View Post
flax seeds every day until O, then sunflower seeds every day til bfp or AF. You need to eat at least 2-3 T. per day. I got pregnant the first cycle I did this!
Why only every other day? I'm curious... I take flax seeds every day for omega 3... and mix flax seed oil in my smoothies.

hh2.gif

#70 of 74 Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
I used to just drink one cup of tea but now I make herbal infusions as in Susun S. Weed's book.
Thanks for your reply. What I really ment though with my question "How do people take RRL tea" I meant are you supposed to take it from AF to O only or throughout your cycle? I´m currently waiting to O and am drinking 1 cup a day.

Also, would someone know the answer to what I asked a while back about the tea I bought. It didn´t say RED raspberry leaves, just raspberry leaves. Is that the same?
#71 of 74 Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. What I really ment though with my question "How do people take RRL tea" I meant are you supposed to take it from AF to O only or throughout your cycle? I´m currently waiting to O and am drinking 1 cup a day.

Also, would someone know the answer to what I asked a while back about the tea I bought. It didn´t say RED raspberry leaves, just raspberry leaves. Is that the same?
You can take raspberry leaf throughout your cycle. My guess as to why the particular brand you bought was only labeled 'raspberry leaves' is b/c it is often mistaken for red raspberry flavored tea. If you've tasted RRL tea you know it is definately not plain raspberry tea. Is it green and kind of fluffy?

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#72 of 74 Old 09-21-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
You can take raspberry leaf throughout your cycle. My guess as to why the particular brand you bought was only labeled 'raspberry leaves' is b/c it is often mistaken for red raspberry flavored tea. If you've tasted RRL tea you know it is definately not plain raspberry tea. Is it green and kind of fluffy?
I bought mine in a natural products shop. It´s a box with loose, green, soft, fluffy raspberry leaves that you put 1-2 teaspoon to a cup and leave for 5-10mins. Definitely not like some artificially flavoured raspberry tea that´s for sure. Does it sound that what I´m having is the right stuff, I´m starting to think it is?
#73 of 74 Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
It´s frustrating as I wanna get enough sleep to TTC, but keep having lack of sleep now that she wakes me up so much.
How much sleep is ideal for TTC? I think I'm in trouble Ds has rarely given me more than 1-2 hours of sleep for the entire 20 months since his birth. I keep hoping.....

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#74 of 74 Old 09-21-2007, 05:25 PM

I don´t know how much sleep would be ideal for TTC, just my own thoughts that it must be beneficial for TTC if you sleep well. I´m sure your body works better then. I have no idea if it could prevent you from getting pregnant though and I don´t even wanna think about it I´m not one to nap when DD does and besides she´s a bad napper too. I don´t get tired in the evening though, I could stay online all night, I have to force myself to go to bed at 12pm. Getting a bit sidetracked here, sorry...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page