very very faint line??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 11 days PO. Took a test this morning, and if you really strain your eyes you can see another faint line. I've taken many tests that were BFN, and I've never noticed this before, but maybe it is just wishful thinking??? I'm keeping my fingers (and my legs) crossed! What do you think? Could it be possible to be that faint at 11 dpo? Does the other line always show up really faint? Trying not to get my hopes up...but really hopeful!
#2 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:16 AM

Sounds exactly like my experience when I got my BFP! Take a few more tests with FMU, if you still have some, and if you have other inexpensive tests. I did dollar store ones.

Otherwise, save up your pee! And take a test tonight, or even better tomorrow morning if you can stand to wait!

Did the line show up in the ten minute window? Does it have colour? Mine showed up right at ten minutes, and was grey, which could have been an evap. But I never get evaps so I was hopeful. Sounds a lot like your situation!

Good luck!
#3 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Mine were like that twice, and I was/am pregnant both times!
#4 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:21 AM

What brand are you using? Some are more sensitive than others.

I went to my nurse in the afternoon when I got those very faint tests, held my pee for three hours. She has tests that detect 20 mIu, and mine were 25, and that early it made a big difference! Dunno if you could do something like that? Go to a walk in maybe? Although there is no guarantee they have really good sensitive tests, so I would ask, but I'd think it's pretty likely.
#5 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

I have to buy more tests today because I am out. What brand have you used that is sensitive? Yes, it did show up in the 10 minute window, but it was extremely faint?? We'll see. Thanks!
#6 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Well, First Response is apparently the most sensitive. At least that is what I have read on online discussion boards and what my pharmacist told me.

The dollar store tests showed a positive the same day as First Response for me, however, and they were a bit brighter. If you want to be a test-a-holic, I might get some dollar store ones! That is what I did.

Or buy a two pack of First Response, and I personally would hold my pee for three hours tonight and use one, and then if you're still not sure, use the other in the morning. The line should be somewhat brighter although probably not much at this early stage. But likely enough to give you a definite answer!

I have high hopes for you! Sounds very promising!!
#7 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sounds positive to me. Congratulations! I agree with thismama, test later tonight to be sure. A line is a line no matter how faint.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#8 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM

WOOT! Sounds really promising!!
Dollar store tests work great! My sis got a BFP with them at 10DPO and my BF got one at 9DPO. They test at 25mIU....First Response tests at 20mIU. So they are both really sensitive.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#9 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 PM

I agree with the PP......mine were very faint at about 10DPO and BFP both times.

:

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
#10 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 12:57 PM

If it were a faint on, say, FRER..then I'd be more confident..

I can't count the many times I got faint pinkies on IC's and $tree test only to get Af days later.

Please tell us the results of the others!!!!

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

#11 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Yes, please don't trust a $tree test. Those things are always super faintly pink for me.
#12 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 09:45 PM

:

... but I am really hoping it's a BFP for you!! Please update us.:
#13 of 23 Old 09-07-2007, 11:15 PM

go for the digital, no confusion there!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#14 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Well, First Response is apparently the most sensitive. At least that is what I have read on online discussion boards and what my pharmacist told me.
Interesting read:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/515242_6

Jen

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#15 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 01:12 AM

My very very super insanely faint line at 11 DPO is sitting in my lap nursing as I type this...

Oh and FWIW, my first positives were showing up on IC tests from saveontests.com It actually took a full 3 days after my positives on the IC's before I even saw a *hint* of a line on a First Response, so I'm not fully convinced they're the most sensitive.

#16 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKoz View Post
My very very super insanely faint line at 11 DPO is sitting in my lap nursing as I type this...

Oh and FWIW, my first positives were showing up on IC tests from saveontests.com It actually took a full 3 days after my positives on the IC's before I even saw a *hint* of a line on a First Response, so I'm not fully convinced they're the most sensitive.

I'm offended. First Response is my favorite. It's never failed me yet. :

Not offended but I do love them!!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#17 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 10:42 AM

look forward to hearing about the next test, hoping for a line!

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#18 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

I bought a 3 pk of First Response tests last night. I did one last night and another this morning.......both BFP!!!!!! YYYYIIIIPPPPPEEEEE!!! The line is still pretty light, but it is definitely there! Very happy! Do I need to take another in a few days to see if the line is getting darker? Or do I just not worry about it?

Thanks for all of your positive vibes!!!
#19 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 PM

Congrats!!!!

I don't think you really need to take another one in a few days, but being the POAS-aholic I am, I'm totally getting a digital if I see faint lines, just so I can see the word Pregnant.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#20 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 01:11 PM

Woot!!! Congrats. You are officially pregnant!!!!

I kept taking them (dollar store ones) because I liked seeing them get darker, but that is officially not a real way to detect levels of pregnancy hormone as different tests can contain different amounts of dye. FRER although it is a really good early detector tends to give pretty faint lines, but if you take the other one in a few days you should see it somewhat darker. Just don't be surprised if it's not super fat and dark, coz FRER doesn't tend to do that IME!

I'm so excited for you! Hop on over to the May DDC!!!
#21 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 01:13 PM

Congratulations!
#22 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em's Mom View Post
I bought a 3 pk of First Response tests last night. I did one last night and another this morning.......both BFP!!!!!! YYYYIIIIPPPPPEEEEE!!! The line is still pretty light, but it is definitely there! Very happy! Do I need to take another in a few days to see if the line is getting darker? Or do I just not worry about it?

Congrats!!! i agree with a pp, you really don't need to keep testing. If you have issues about whether your betas are doubling, I'd opt for bloodwork IF there is a suspected problem...

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

#23 of 23 Old 09-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em's Mom View Post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about it! You. Are Pregnant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
Congrats!!!!

I don't think you really need to take another one in a few days, but being the POAS-aholic I am, I'm totally getting a digital if I see faint lines, just so I can see the word Pregnant.
I know, ditto.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page