Mothering Forum banner

TWW Mid Sept....

9K views 270 replies 38 participants last post by  xixstar 
#1 ·
I know I'm due to O in 2 days. Anyone else entering the tww with me?

: Congratulations to all those with BFP!
:
ChesapeakBorn
CNutty
ChristyM26.
jprivora
yogamama2
odilemarie
francesca

See less See more
#2 ·
I am! Well I think i'm supposed to O today or tomarrow or maybe yesterday.....I'm extremely new to this. I'm on CD15 and had extreme cramping yesterday, so i figure i O'd then, but i don't know.

But i'm ready to 2ww with ya!

#6 ·
im in the 2ww starting tomorrow. I *think) i O'd today, but i had a MC on Aug 27th, so i am not certain if it is just messed up hormones or the real thing..

#9 ·
I really did O! Yea! I thought it would never happen, Im either 1 or 2 days DPO, I might through out that first temp, I was up all morning that morning with a cranky toddler, Im pretty sure its wrong. So I guess I will never know exactly how many DPO I am this cycle, Oh well. Im going to wait till I miss AF to test this time anyway....
:

#10 ·
I'm 3 dpo today! Hopefully my lp lasts longer than 6 days this time. And our timing wasn't the greatest this time. But of course, all you can do is wait....

CNutty, were you stressed out this cycle?

#11 ·
I'm in! I'm 1 or 2 dpo today. I think 2 but my TCOYF software says 1. I'm trying not to think about it too much because this is definately the hardest part. My very close friend got her BFP last month and it would be so nice to be just 2 1/2 weeks behind her. I'm also waiting until AF is late to test - I don't get as emotional over AF actually showing up as I do from seeing the BFNs. So no early testing for me! The 26th/27th of September is my testing goal. Good luck ladies - here's to a hopefully lucky thread!

#12 ·
I've got one crazy chart (coming off of BCP), but it looks like I may be 2DPO.

Which means I O'd 9/11, which means I should know for sure, either way, before I fly back home to Alaska 9/26.

I can't get too optimistic though, as we didn't have the best timing with my husband leaving town right before, but we'll see...

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
I'm 3 dpo today! Hopefully my lp lasts longer than 6 days this time. And our timing wasn't the greatest this time. But of course, all you can do is wait....

CNutty, were you stressed out this cycle?
Well, not really. DH and I got into a few fights right around O time, but they were typical, not anything earth shaking. I dont know what was up, and so much for vitex moving up my O!

Christy,I think vitex has really helped me with MY lp, it was more like 11 or 12 days before, and now its 13!

#15 ·
Yay! I was wondering if someone would start a mid-Sept 2ww thread - thanks Jennifer! I think I'm O-ing either today or tomorrow. And then I'm with you - the longest 2 weeks of the cycle begins. My mom is coming into town today, so hopefully she'll provide some good distraction for me.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicmazzei View Post
Count me in! I'm 2DPO.

I honestly don't know what to do with myself... I keep trying to avoid MDC to get my mind off of this, but I keep coming back!

obviously that avoidance factor isn't quite working.
I was hoping to avoid a 2WW thread and since there wasn't a mid-september, I figured I was in luck.

Walking right into the two-week wait, pretty sure I'm at 1DPO, and also hoping that I can distract myself with something else for the next few weeks. Will be looking at testing around Sept. 28 when AF doesn't show.

Hoping we get lots of BFPs -- what to do in the meantime? Think I'm gonna make some cloth diapers.

#17 ·

I've been waiting for this thread!

I think I'm due to O today or tomorrow or very soon.

This is my first month temping & using OPKs.

My OPK's are getting darker each day but are still not as dark as the test line. I'm not sure if they'll be very accurate because I drink alot & holding my pee for 2 hours or more it so hard!

Maybe I'll just end up going by the darkest one as positive? Does anyone else do that?

(really I just want to confirm there's an O at all!!
)

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CNutty View Post
Christy,I think vitex has really helped me with MY lp, it was more like 11 or 12 days before, and now its 13!
I've tried vitex before. It didn't do anything for me. You know, come to think of it... in the 2 years we've been trying, I've tried almost anything and everything except accupuncture cause I'm not subjecting myself to needles without a really, reaelly good cause. I've determined the only really good cause is a baby (and not the hope of one). Nothing has worked for me except western medicine. The 6 day thing was a fluke as it was my first cycle pp after losing my boys.

Pica, don't call it positive unless it really is. As hard as that is, it's really important, especially if you don't see a real good temp rise. That's one of the things that clued my doctor into the fact that I wasn't ovulating. Now that we've fixed that problem, I have what's called a fade-in pattern. So my lines get darker and darker until they peak and then they fade back out (cause I've tested and seen it... I'm a ttc dork!)

Katherine
:

#19 ·
Pica:I agree don't sell yourself short, wait for the possitve before you start counting.

xixstar:I didn't help with the avoidance did I.
: Maybe this way we can all distract each other. I'm waiting until AF doesn't show to test.

francesca:You are welcome for the thread, after, after lurking in the early September thread for a few days I figured that we needed a mid Sept thread. Here's hoping your mom keeps you busy and distracted.

joshs_girl:7DPO, your halfway there. I'm jealous.

CNutty:Sorry to hear about you and DH fighting, maybe that is what caused your O to be late.

ACx:Don't crazy charts just drive you nuts, I know charting helps but I think it adds a little bit of stress too. Hopefully you have an extra little bundle to take home with you.

yogamama2:How great that you'd have a due date friend. Hopefully this is your last tww.

ChristyM26:Hopefully your LP suprises you and is longer this cycle. I've heard that B6 is great for lengthening LP, its helped get my whole cycle on track.

nicmazzei:Avoiding MDC isn't working for me either.

Got_Cloth:So sorry to hear about your loss. I heard that you have an extremely fertile time after a loss.
: Heres hoping your body is back on track.

lovingmommyhood:I think dp is glad that it is time for the engines to die down a bit on the bding.

PookieMom: I'm new to this as well, this is my 2nd cycle ttc. Are you temping?

Loads of
to everyone.

As for me: I think I may have o'ed last nigth, I had terrible cramping all day. I'm not sure though since I'm not temping this cycle because my themometer is missing. I'm waiting to see what my cm does before I make my decision.

#20 ·
Pica;9166594Maybe I'll just end up going by the darkest one as positive? Does anyone else do that?QUOTE said:
Gosh...I hope...that's what I've been doing. I've been using OPK for 3 mo now and I've never had a dark positive. I've been taking the darkest of the bunch as my positive. The darkest OPK is consistent with my CM, CP and temps so I *really* hope it means I'm O'ing.

I'm 2 DPO.

#21 ·
There's a difference between a dark positive and taking your darkest negative and marking it as positive. As long as the test line is as dark as the control line it's positive... though I'll be the first to admit that can be a really hard distinction to make sometimes. But it's always important to remember that a line on an OPK does not mean positive.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
There's a difference between a dark positive and taking your darkest negative and marking it as positive. As long as the test line is as dark as the control line it's positive... though I'll be the first to admit that can be a really hard distinction to make sometimes. But it's always important to remember that a line on an OPK does not mean positive.
Mine is definately not as dark as the control line. Ever. My temps are consistant w/ O'ing too. Hmmmmm. Well, if I get another BFN this month I'll look into what I'd need to do next. Thanks for the info

#23 ·
And see, ChristyM26, that's where I get confused. Because according to poas.com, since my test line is sort of a gradient, she says that as long as half of the test line is as dark, that's positive. But if less than half is, then it's negative. And so then I get confused as to what my lines are. Is that half? Less than? More than? Dang, that was really light pee, maybe it wasn't concentrated enough?

So this is what I'm doing, especially since it's my first cycle with an OPK - I'm testing and lining them up, so once I actually ovulate, I can count back and see what means what. I'm pretty sure my strip yesterday morning was positive - it's pretty dark, but from there on out (I tested in the afternoon and the PM), as well as this morning, it's getting lighter. This is so crazy! but fun!

And while I'm looking forward to o-ing because then that means I really did, I'm also nervous. Like, once I've o'd then it's out of my control (not that it's really IN my control, ever). Just waiting. Although I'm not sure how much more action DH can take. Heh.

#24 ·
Yay...MID SEPT 2ww

I should be Oing on Sat or around there.

Im so ready for the 2ww to be on, I do however have a problem, if I even pass the HPT aisle I have to buy one....

My collection is up to 10 dollar tree tests, One Fact Plus, and Now 2 EPT certianty digitals, I need to cover all my bases HAHAHAHHA

#26 ·
Okay - so I'm sure I O'd - my temp was 98 this morning (pre O was like 97.4), my OPK was positive 2 days ago, but I have had SO MUCH fertile CM this month that my TCOYF chart keeps moving my peak day! I had a Mayan Ab Massage done last month, and it got rid of a lot of my cramping, got rid of my sciatica, and I think it totally increased my CM (been drinking a lot of green tea though too!). We've been bd a LOT to make sure we don't "miss" a potential fertile day, and I need a break, but now my peak day was moved AGAIN because I have creamy CM today. I have had watery/eggwhite or REALLY creamy for over a week now! I haven't had this much fertile fluid . . . ever - so that I'm happy about, but I need a bd break! My dh is loving this though lol! We haven't been this active since we first got together 11 years ago. My cervix is low, firm and closed, so I think I MUST be in the tww, but where's the "dry up" that's suppose to happen after O? Anyone else ever had this happen - this is a first for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.