Very faint second line on pg test. need help.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2007, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok this is probably a stuid questions but:

Does anyone know if: on the strip that has the lines on it, is there like a pink line UNDER the white strip that just shows through where the postive line would be? or does the white actually just TURN pink??

I am asking because althought i am sure I am NOT pregnant because I just had AF, i took a test because i was feeling really nausious today and had to pee so much! and i noticed i was hungry like an hour after lunch. Could be just my mind which I am sure it is...but i wasnt sitting around hoping AF wouldnt show up and dreaming up symptoms since AF DID already show up on Friday. BUT, she was abnormally short this time around (3 days instead of 5), so i thought i would just test to ease my mind and because i had a $1 store test laying around lol

Anyway, I ask beacuse there was a very faint piink second line. Now I mean, VERY faint, like you can barely see it and I barely even noticed it until i went to throw it away after like 4 minutes and saw a tinge of something when the light hit it.. SO I waited another 5 min. or so and it was still there but still very light, not any darker and hard to see unless in good light. I was thinking that there must just be a pink line hidden underneath and thats what was coming thourhg in the right light... so i totally took it apart and didnt see any pink under there lol

but there WAS a really faint pink line. I am SURE it was a fluke or my bad eyes or a crappy test or something. I mean it would be sooo very unlikely that I could even be preggo since AF did come and just stopped.

I was just wondering if you knew if there was a pink line under there that waits to come through or not? So I know if I am crazy or not LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My pink line from Monday at 11 DPO didn't show up for the longest time, but a blood test confirmed a BFP. You totally could have been experiencing implantation bleeding. Also, some women still bleed a bit when their periods are due. Sounds promising to me. How about a blood test?

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 PM

any updated news?

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

Old 09-19-2007, 02:48 PM

are you charting? your "af" could've been implantation spotting.

i had very very faint lines, and they are now 2 and 5.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had the faintest line this time. I could barely see it. Low and behold! Due in May!
:

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 AM

Could you post a photo?

The white actually turns pink, as far as I understand. In the paper, there is a chemical strip that is invisible until the hcg (pg hormone) turns it pink.

Maybe try another brand of test? I liked First Response, personally.

User Tag List