Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Monday check-in:

Date: Oct 22
Where are you at in your cycle: CD4
Appointments:None
Symptoms if they apply: cramping from AF
Testing: Just OPK's
Thoughts: I really hope AF doesn't come back in a week like she did this time.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#302 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Monday check-in

Date: 10/22
Cycle Day: cd 7
Appointments: None
Symptoms: AF is finally gone again, and I'm just waiting to O.
Testing: Will start OPKs in a day or two.
Thoughts: The last time I posted I was obsessing over possible implantation bleeding. Obviously, AF showed. I was too bummed out to post here, and then things got crazy and I didn't go near the internet for almost a week. But I'm back now, and feeling optimistic about cycle 6 ttc.

Congrats to smrtypnts and Little Grey Mare!

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#303 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 PM

Monday check-in:

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 31 (of a 27-28 day cycle)
Appointments:n/a
Symptoms if they apply:Tired, creamy CM, cranky, crampy
Testing: 4 BFNs, and this morning, a confusing, possibly ultra-super-duper faint line? Absolutely not BFP material, but not exactly negative, either. Just confusing.
Thoughts: This is making me nuts. I am never this late. I am hoping like mad that I'll get a BFP soon.
#304 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 PM

I almost forgot!! Happy Belated Birthday, Sunshine!! :
#305 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 PM

good luck azaluna!!

slowtime, here's to a successful new cycle for us. well, for all others, too, of course!

pazerific, that's very kind, thanks! obviously I hope the same. I also hope my soy consumption doesn't interfere too much with the meds.

hh2.gif

#306 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuluna View Post
I almost forgot!! Happy Belated Birthday, Sunshine!! :
Thanks!!!!

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#307 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM

Monday check-in:

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 15
Symptoms if they apply: sore throat, backache, exhausted...too bad it's just the flu
Testing: About 2 weeks from now
Thoughts: Pretty sure I either have a really bad cold or the flu. Started out about a week ago with a scratchy throat that went away for a few days only to come back last night as a full blown sore throat and I've had a terrible backache the past few days as well. Had I not gotten the sore throat last night, I was going to go to the chiro today but I just feel like crap so instead I went and bought soup and cough drops. What a lovely day off this will be..and my only day off for who knows how long. At least it's dh's day off too and since I'm going to O any freaking day now I'm sure we can think of something to keep us busy haha.

Maybe cycle 6 will be lucky for us both, slowtime!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#308 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
Monday check-in:

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 15
Symptoms if they apply: sore throat, backache, exhausted...too bad it's just the flu
Testing: About 2 weeks from now
Thoughts: Pretty sure I either have a really bad cold or the flu. Started out about a week ago with a scratchy throat that went away for a few days only to come back last night as a full blown sore throat and I've had a terrible backache the past few days as well. Had I not gotten the sore throat last night, I was going to go to the chiro today but I just feel like crap so instead I went and bought soup and cough drops. What a lovely day off this will be..and my only day off for who knows how long. At least it's dh's day off too and since I'm going to O any freaking day now I'm sure we can think of something to keep us busy haha.

Maybe cycle 6 will be lucky for us both, slowtime!
one ALWAYS gets sick on the days off...: I hope you can cure it quickly and use your day off for other things, too

hh2.gif

#309 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 03:10 PM

Monday Check in

Name: Marilyn
Date:10/22
Where are you at in your cycle: cd 15, still waiting to O
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply:n/a
Testing: n/a
Thoughts: Very frustrated by my cm...I had what looked to be a very small amount of ewcm last night/early this morning...but it was a very small amount, and even though it was stretchy and slippery, it was not the same quality as my normal ewcm. Then last night I had a tiny bit of cramping on my left side, but I don't expect O for another week, so I hope I didn't O early....to make things worse I haven't temped for the last 3 days because my schedule has been so screwed up : I just hope I didn't screw things up this cycle.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#310 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 03:26 PM

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE!!!

Monday Check in:

Name: Gillian
Date: Oct. 22
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 36, 11 DPO
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply: Just the usual sore bbs and a mild crampy-ness.
Testing: Tomorrow morning!!
Thoughts: Well, in theory there's a chance I'm pregnant (obviously - as we are 'trying'), but in reality I'm just not feeling like I am. I really hope I am (again, obviously), I'm just starting to feel really defeated. I guess I shouldn't get too down until after I test.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#311 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Monday check-in:

Name: Summer
Where you are in your cycle: CD23, 7 slooooowww and looooong dpo
Appointments: 10/29 with my doc to check out weird pains I've been having over my left ear...and maybe to verify being pg...
Symptoms: When I poke my boobs, they're sore; tired, tired, tired (but I did toss logs around for 3 hours this morning); maybe some crampyness?
Testing: I'll wait till Weds and probably test again Thursday.
Thoughts: Busy with work till Friday - so I can maybe keep from obsessing! My ttc friend irl just got AF on Saturday night. She's rooting for me and I am too...but I do really want to conceive in the same cycle.
#312 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 04:03 PM

Monday check-in:

Where are you at in your cycle: CD2 I'm so happy to have AF and be done with last month's anovulatory cycle! :
Appointments: nope
Symptoms if they apply: typical AF jazz
Testing: OPKs starting Friday
Thoughts: I behaved really bad last month with my supplements/temping but it was nice to have a little break after that first month of TTC and stressing over EVERYTHING. I think I needed to rest so that I could come into this with a clear head and take this month for what it is. I'm going to let nature take the wheel from now on, I'll just help guide the course with OPKing/temping/timing sex/supplements.... you know
#313 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 04:18 PM

Monday check-in:

Where are you at in your cycle: CD21
Appointments:None
Symptoms if they apply: zippo
Testing: Nope
Thoughts: I'm giving up on this month. I'm pretty sure O never happened and I refuse to obsess any longer. If I did O, it was with no EWCM or any other signs. I'm officially declaring myself in the tww and looking forward to November! Hopefully by then the last of the fake hormones will be out of my system and I can get on with this ttc thing.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#314 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 PM

Name: Aly
Where are you at in your cycle: CD25/ 9DPO (AF due on Thurs or Fri)
Appointments: N/A
Symptoms if they apply: I'm starving all the time, i'm soooo soooo sooo tired too,and my nipples are killing me, but I am chalking all of this up to my first month on clomid.
Testing tested today (twice actually) both BFN...UGH, I really am losing hope. But I have 5 HPT's left Ill be testing each morning with FMU.
Thoughts: I'm just down today. I feel really defeated but hopefully that is just the hormones from being Preggers HAHAHA, but more than likely AF.

* So after writing this email I layed down to bathe in self pity, we I happened to flip on Oprah (something I NEVER do) I found a lecture that given by college professor Randy Pausch known as "The Last Lecture". Randy is dying of cancer and has been given only a few months to live, this was the most inspirational thing I have ever heard. My favorite thing that I took away from it was this quote: "Brick Walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things." (this can really be applied to TTC)

If anyone is having a bad day you should google Randy Pausch and watch this lecture....AMAZING.

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#315 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 06:47 PM

Where you are in your cycle: CD19
Appointments: None but considering one for fertility drugs
Symptoms: None
Testing: Negative as of 10/18
Thoughts: Only tried once this past weekend and thd 17th-23 are my fertile days. Feeling a little frustrated and anxious that I'm prego this time. Three months of trying and I'm tempted to give up and go back on the pill.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#316 of 443 Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

welcome AKA PI! do you want me to add you to the list? if so, i just need some basic stats (age, are you a part of a couple, are you TTC#1, 2, 3 etc.?). hope your stay here is short and sweet!

p.s. it took my body a whole year to get pg when i quit the pill. it can be so frustrating! it might just take a bit longer for your body to be ready to get pg.
#317 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 AM

Monday check-in:

Where are you at in your cycle: CD22/5dpo....i think
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: kind of creamy white cm...first time i've noticed something like this since ttc. To afraid to be too hopeful
Testing: none.
Thoughts: Only bd'd once this month, the 17th, and that's the day i think (hope) i o'd. not really confident though. It's been a hectic week. Dh has to have surgery the 13th of next month and no bd till Christmas. So if we didn't catch it on the 17th, I'll be cheering ya'll on from the sidelines till January

Good luck everyone!

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#318 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post

p.s. it took my body a whole year to get pg when i quit the pill. it can be so frustrating! it might just take a bit longer for your body to be ready to get pg.
hmm, I quit in January so I might still have three cycles ahead of me :

GILLIAN, please get online at once if it's positive...darn time difference

hh2.gif

#319 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 AM

You know, after 4 months of squiggly line charting my whole attitude towards the process has changed. Temping is something I do out of habit, it's not something to obsess over anymore (seriously - after months of false starts and nothing, you learn not to obsess). Sex is something we do when we feel like it, maybe a tiny bit more if I see fertility signs. No more jumping on dh every time I see ewcm. My body can fake me out, and we both get tired! Whether or not I have PCOS, a lower-carb low-sugar diet is good for me, because type II diabetes runs in the family. Maybe I can head it off before it is a real problem, and maybe this was just the motivation I needed to change my habits.

All that said, I'm still super excited to have ovulated! The last time was in May!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#320 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 10:12 AM

BFN at 12 dpo. I can't say I'm surprised. I had no ewcm this cycle so I guess the little guys had nothing to swim in. Well, that's my excuse this time, not sure what to blame all the other times on. I wish I knew. I'll probably start spotting tomorrow (AF is due Thursday). One more cycle and then we're booking doctor's appointments. I wish it wasn't so hard.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#321 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
BFN at 12 dpo. I can't say I'm surprised. I had no ewcm this cycle so I guess the little guys had nothing to swim in. Well, that's my excuse this time, not sure what to blame all the other times on. I wish I knew. I'll probably start spotting tomorrow (AF is due Thursday). One more cycle and then we're booking doctor's appointments. I wish it wasn't so hard.
:

I really hope it's next cycle then. still, the disappointment is always harsh. i'm sorry...

hh2.gif

#322 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
You know, after 4 months of squiggly line charting my whole attitude towards the process has changed. Temping is something I do out of habit, it's not something to obsess over anymore (seriously - after months of false starts and nothing, you learn not to obsess). Sex is something we do when we feel like it, maybe a tiny bit more if I see fertility signs. No more jumping on dh every time I see ewcm. My body can fake me out, and we both get tired! Whether or not I have PCOS, a lower-carb low-sugar diet is good for me, because type II diabetes runs in the family. Maybe I can head it off before it is a real problem, and maybe this was just the motivation I needed to change my habits.

All that said, I'm still super excited to have ovulated! The last time was in May!
I will also only start charting once I actually see cm, and then only do like every other day after ovulation. IF it occurs.. I can always think of something that might stress me out. i'm really impressed with your diet change, though, I wish I had your determination. I really need to stop wishing and start using you as my rolemodel...

hh2.gif

#323 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:

songbird - I need to learn from your relaxed state of mind! During this whole TTC journey I was only relaxed after my BFP and I have now learned that wasn't a time to be relaxed either. I too am super excited that you o'ed - and so early in your cycle too! I am jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Gillian - It isn't over yet. If you check out the charts on FF there are many BFP without EWCM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
i'm really impressed with your diet change, though, I wish I had your determination. I really need to stop wishing and start using you as my rolemodel...
oceane - Me too! I need to stop talking about eating healthier and exercising and do it! I was eating so healthy during my pregnancy and since the m/c I have been such a junk eater which isn't like me at all....probably explains why I can't lose the few pounds I gained when I was pregnant.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#324 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Ha, I've become all zen about this. But we decided to get dh's sperm checked even though insurance doesn't cover it. It's $80. In his words, "You are going through a lot of effort. I think its worth the money to make sure its worth it." Which I really appreciate. But I think I would like to keep going with the diet changes. I think they're really good for me regardless of ttc status.

Sunshine, Gillian, oceane, other long cycle people: It might be worthwhile to try soy to ovulate earlier. It's inexpensive and people haven't reported too many side effects (some people report headaches). I guess what most people do is take 80mg of soy isoflavone tablets on days 3-7 or days 5-9 (either is fine) and avoid all soy except soy sauce the rest of the cycle. It doesn't work for everybody, but my bottle of soy pills was $5 so it seemed worth a try. People for whom an 80mg dose doesn't work sometimes a higher dose (120mg, 160mg) works, so you can gradually keep increasing the dosage.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#325 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You know, after 4 months of squiggly line charting my whole attitude towards the process has changed. Temping is something I do out of habit, it's not something to obsess over anymore
it's so nice to not feel "owned" by TTC, isn't it? i get excited to see O on my chart, but that's about it. i just like knowing that i did indeed O, and i like to know when af is going to show up. we've been TTC since 1/07. i had that realization yesterday, and i wasn't sure if it freaked me out, or it was just like, "oh, it's been a while, huh?" i just keep reminding myself how it felt like it took forever to get pg with dd, and now i look at her and can't believe she'll be 2 in a little less than four short months. :

i'm not a "religious" person, but i have to remember how dd happened when it was best in our lives, even though we'd been trying for her on and off for a whole year. i'm sure the next babe will come along when it's right too, but it's hard not to get impatient with things sometimes.

it seems i'm happiest while TTC when i just live life like i normally would. when i get a BFP, then i can change what/how i do things to suit a pg, but until then, why make life more difficult? so if i want one glass of wine with dinner or a sunny-side-up egg for breakfast, i have it. if i want to go for a run or need to lift something really heavy, i do it. when i live for "what-ifs" i end up feeling so defeated when af shows, but when i don't "miss out" then af just feels like another chance at a babe. for everyone who's feeling like they need it, and lost of for us all--cause we're all needing lots of that!
#326 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
luna--your chart looks good. it's totally normal to have a lot of fluctuations, and if one temp is really off, you can discard it. but the reality is one temp isn't a big deal. the point of temping is to see a trend.
Thanks! Yeah now it's gone way back up. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I think your chart looks very normal! Kinda like mine actually. I always have a few days that look like it's up down up down....blah blah blah. Kind of discouraging when you're wanting several peaks after those dips! LOL Hang in there cycle twin!
I looked at yours, and you're right, they are similar at least in the number of ups & downs.

Okay guys, I did something stupid. When I was buying a new thermometer, I happened to see an OPK kit called OvuCheck which is normally $24.99, but was on clearance for $5. They don't expire for another year. So I bought two boxes, because they only come with 5 strips each and I'm only on CD 10. They are saliva strips. Anyone know how accurate these are? I can't find any info online, but when I used one yesterday it turned to a color that was in the middle of the "favorable" chart. Just for kicks, DH took one, and his was in the "unfavorable" chart. I took one today and it was about the same color as yesterday. I am just really skeptical about this. I highly doubt I could be ovulationg this early when I have a 31 day average cycle, and last cycle I took POAS OPKs and they showed up + on day 16. : I wish I hadn't wasted my money on these saliva strip things.

-
#327 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 PM

Name: Connie
Date: 10/23/07
Where are you in your cycle: CD 16
Appointments: I need to make one with the gym.
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Not for a while
Thoughts: Well, here I am @ CD16, and no signs of impending ovulation. I don't have and CM or anything. I think that I'm going to O later in the month again. Fine by me- as long as I O. DH and I have been horrible lately anyway. We haven't had any kind of BD schedule at all. We really need to get on track! I guess I'm feeling a bit down today- but I'm attributing it to the super rainy, dark day; and to the fact that I'm tired.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#328 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post

oceane - Me too! I need to stop talking about eating healthier and exercising and do it! I was eating so healthy during my pregnancy and since the m/c I have been such a junk eater which isn't like me at all....probably explains why I can't lose the few pounds I gained when I was pregnant.
I can totally understand you though. during pregnancy you really knew it was important. now it's all "I can start later". though technically being healthy would be good for ttcing... such a vicious circle!! because unhealthy women become pregnant every freakin day, too!!

Quote:
Ha, I've become all zen about this. But we decided to get dh's sperm checked even though insurance doesn't cover it. It's $80. In his words, "You are going through a lot of effort. I think its worth the money to make sure its worth it." Which I really appreciate. But I think I would like to keep going with the diet changes. I think they're really good for me regardless of ttc status.

Sunshine, Gillian, oceane, other long cycle people: It might be worthwhile to try soy to ovulate earlier. It's inexpensive and people haven't reported too many side effects (some people report headaches). I guess what most people do is take 80mg of soy isoflavone tablets on days 3-7 or days 5-9 (either is fine) and avoid all soy except soy sauce the rest of the cycle. It doesn't work for everybody, but my bottle of soy pills was $5 so it seemed worth a try. People for whom an 80mg dose doesn't work sometimes a higher dose (120mg, 160mg) works, so you can gradually keep increasing the dosage.
I'm vegan and eat a fair amount of soy products. I suppose the dosage from food would not reach the one you described though. However, my thyroid hormone states that soy consumption can theoretically inhibit absorption. so, I have to wait anyway until nov 6th to check with the doctor and see whether my levels have adjusted with my current diet or if I have to cut out soy even more. talk about complicated...:
also, since last cycle was anovulatory and I have only just stopped bleeding I don't know if my cycle has now regulated a bit more. I have not yet done vitex, which I would try first, I suppose.

luna, sorry, no knowledge here. though between days 10 and 16 I don't think it's impossible you're close to ovulation.. what do your other body clues say?

I'm really sorry for sunshine and gillian and all others (and me) for not being pregnant but I really like hanging with you ladies and while I hope you all get BFPs ASAP I also hope we can be ddc buddies. i'm online sentimental today.. must be the unsuccessful job hunt.

hh2.gif

#329 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
Name: Connie
Date: 10/23/07
Where are you in your cycle: CD 16
Appointments: I need to make one with the gym.
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Not for a while
Thoughts: Well, here I am @ CD16, and no signs of impending ovulation. I don't have and CM or anything. I think that I'm going to O later in the month again. Fine by me- as long as I O. DH and I have been horrible lately anyway. We haven't had any kind of BD schedule at all. We really need to get on track! I guess I'm feeling a bit down today- but I'm attributing it to the super rainy, dark day; and to the fact that I'm tired.
I think that's funny :

hh2.gif

#330 of 443 Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
luna, sorry, no knowledge here. though between days 10 and 16 I don't think it's impossible you're close to ovulation.. what do your other body clues say?
I've had some odd cramping, but cm is very creamy/lotiony. There is a lot more of it than usual, too, and I think that might be due to taking EPO and Vitex. Who knows? Definitely not ewcm yet. My cervix is high, though.

Quote:
I'm really sorry for sunshine and gillian and all others (and me) for not being pregnant but I really like hanging with you ladies and while I hope you all get BFPs ASAP I also hope we can be ddc buddies. i'm online sentimental today.. must be the unsuccessful job hunt.
I hope you all do too! I am doing pretty well with not obsessing yet. I'm a lot calmer this time around. I think temping actually keeps my mind off the *whole* thing because it's something new to find out every morning (what my temp will be), instead of focusing ONLY on Ov, DPO, and BFP. So it's like a day-to-date surprise. lol.

-

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page