OCTOBER TTC in our 20s - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 443 Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well! Ok- so this morning I woke up about an hour before I usually have to- 4:45 am (YUCK!) It was one of those times that I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep- so I took my temp an hour early. It was 97.51. (The lowest its been so far this month.) Being my stubborn self and refusing to get out of bed before I had to, I laid there until my alarm went off. SO I took my temp again and it was 98.13- A big difference. Yesterday it was 98.35, but before that my temp had always been 97.9 or lower. So I'm worried that I ovulated and won't know for certain because of my wacky temp morning. AGH! What temp do I use????

Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#362 of 443 Old 10-25-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
:

how is it that people who don't want to get pg do, but those of us who want to be pg aren't?!? : i just had to laugh. what the hell else can i do--get mad? what good would that do me?
I ask this ALL THE TIME!!!! LOL And you're right, what can you do but say congrats and keep working on your own.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#363 of 443 Old 10-25-2007, 12:04 PM

LoveLife: Take whichever temp you want (I'd probably go with the first), but make a note of the other one and the circumstances on your chart so you can switch later if it makes more sense with the rest of the pattern.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#364 of 443 Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well! Ok- so this morning I woke up about an hour before I usually have to- 4:45 am (YUCK!) It was one of those times that I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep- so I took my temp an hour early. It was 97.51. (The lowest its been so far this month.) Being my stubborn self and refusing to get out of bed before I had to, I laid there until my alarm went off. SO I took my temp again and it was 98.13- A big difference. Yesterday it was 98.35, but before that my temp had always been 97.9 or lower. So I'm worried that I ovulated and won't know for certain because of my wacky temp morning. AGH! What temp do I use????

Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading.
I'd use the first one since the 1 hour of half-asleep is throwing your temp off. but so is taking it earlier than usual, so def. write it down and possibly discard it.

hh2.gif

#365 of 443 Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM

Lovelife - you could use FF's temperature corrector under the data menu. Enter what your temp was at the early time and enter what time you normally temp and it will adjust it for you. Just make a note in the notes section.

Sorry to everyone who had AF arrive!

I am finally waiting to know - looks like I o'ed which is a big deal to me since this is my cycle starting with my m/c. I would love a BFP but I am just relieved to know I am not going to have an annovulatory cycle to worry about. I also think DH and I had some decent timing so we shall see in about 12 days

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#366 of 443 Old 10-26-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
welcome Louise677! hope your stay here is short and sweet! let me know if you would like your age added on the 1st page.
Thank you! I'm 21 and I just got a BFP. Our first month trying, so happy! :
#367 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

updated congrats louise!!!! talk about short and sweet, huh?!? hope you have a happy and healthy 9mos!
#368 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 08:48 AM

Congrats, Louise!

Pazerific - your chart is looking good so far!

Okay guys, I think I've got everything on my chart "fixed" now after the thermometer confusion (I did manage to right down most of the temps before thinking the saved temp was right). I also figured out from someone in another thread that if you hold the button after turning it on, it *will* show the last real temp.

So, what do you guys think? When do you think I will ovulate? Last cycle I got a + OPK on CD 15, but I was not temping yet.

-
#369 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 AM

Congrats, Louise!! :

Paz, I have to echo Luna here and say that your chart looks terrific so far :

Luna, I'm not much at guessing - it'd be interesting to see what your temp does tomorrow, and keep BDing in the meantime! This is your first cycle on vitex, right? I've just bought a bottle, so I'm gonna be chart stalking to see what to expect

CD 3 here...I picked up EPO along with the Vitex from Whole Foods yesterday. So now I'm taking a prenatal, B6, B12, Folic Acid, kelp, EPO, and Vitex. Plus drinking RRL for myself and trying to push Green Tea on DP. Is this overboard or sound good?
#370 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 11:04 AM

Had to add: Songbird, your chart is looking great, too!!
#371 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

thanks, i'm just excited every day for one more day of high temps. after so many cycles with short LPs, it's a treat to still see my temps going up at 7dpo. it would be nice if this cycle were it, but it's ok if it's not too. i just got two 5-pks of OPKs at the store (they were buy one get one free). so maybe the OPKs and the newly purchased mama cloth will be enough to get me pg this cycle!

as for you luna--i think if you got a +opk at cd15 last cycle, it's possible you Oed yesterday. but you know how the temping stuff is, you can't use it to predict O, only confirm it after it's happened. now if you're using OPKs in addition, then you should be getting a hint as to when it might be happening. there's always the standby TTC motto: when in doubt, DTD!
#372 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuluna View Post
Congrats, Louise!! :

Paz, I have to echo Luna here and say that your chart looks terrific so far :

Luna, I'm not much at guessing - it'd be interesting to see what your temp does tomorrow, and keep BDing in the meantime! This is your first cycle on vitex, right? I've just bought a bottle, so I'm gonna be chart stalking to see what to expect

CD 3 here...I picked up EPO along with the Vitex from Whole Foods yesterday. So now I'm taking a prenatal, B6, B12, Folic Acid, kelp, EPO, and Vitex. Plus drinking RRL for myself and trying to push Green Tea on DP. Is this overboard or sound good?
is iodine in your prenatal already? I don't think extra kelp would be harmful but maybe not necessary. I do the rest, too, except epo and vitex. instead I do red clover tea. so looking good!

hh2.gif

#373 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuluna View Post

Well I actually started Vitex a few days before my last period started, but this is the first full cycle. I am also taking a B6, Folic Acid, EPO, and Vitex, plus a regular multi , Children's Aspirin, and Robitussin. We've got a pretty similar thing going. You are more than welcome to stalk my chart LOL.

Quote:
as for you luna--i think if you got a +opk at cd15 last cycle, it's possible you Oed yesterday. but you know how the temping stuff is, you can't use it to predict O, only confirm it after it's happened. now if you're using OPKs in addition, then you should be getting a hint as to when it might be happening. there's always the standby TTC motto: when in doubt, DTD!
Hmm, I thought when your LH surge happens, you haven't Ovulated *yet*? I'm confused now. : Well I'm ticked off as I took another OPK today and the stupid thing didn't even work. I think I didn't have enough pee on (eww TMI). I would take another one later, but I only have 3 - just enough to get me through Tuesday as I don't get paid till Wed so I can't really afford to buy more before that. I haven't checked my other "signs" yet as we DTD last night so it might be obscured. No obvious EWCM yet outwardly anyway.

I was under the impression that Vitex and EPO would give me tons of ewcm, and possibly than I normally get it. Perhaps I won't ovulate for a few more days (FF & TCOYF predict my O on the 31st anyway).

-
#374 of 443 Old 10-27-2007, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Hmm, I thought when your LH surge happens, you haven't Ovulated *yet*? I'm confused now.
didn't mean to confuse you. i just meant that you have a low temp, and if you see a jump for the next three days then you would have Oed. i didn't notice the opk results (the coffee must not have kicked in yet). but vitex can move O up to an earlier date for some people, so that's why i was saying that you *might* O earlier than last month. it's really anyone's guess though.
#375 of 443 Old 10-28-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
didn't mean to confuse you. i just meant that you have a low temp, and if you see a jump for the next three days then you would have Oed. i didn't notice the opk results (the coffee must not have kicked in yet). but vitex can move O up to an earlier date for some people, so that's why i was saying that you *might* O earlier than last month. it's really anyone's guess though.
Ah, okay. I was about to say...

But dang, Paz, your chart is looking better by the day!

Well temp went down again this morning (slightly). Still no EWCM. Grr. I was up a little later than usual last night though and drinking because I had a Halloween party. I had stopped drinking about two hours before bed though, and really only got tipsy so I don't know if it could have affected my temp. We didn't get to BD yesterday or today so far & DH has to go into work so I really hope I haven't O'd yet b/c we don't have another chance till late this afternoon.

-
#376 of 443 Old 10-28-2007, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
But dang, Paz, your chart is looking better by the day!
:thankyou! i was pretty darned excited to see another high temp this morning. i haven't a symptom to speak of, aside from my face breaking out (but that could be stress). i take that as a good sign either way though. if my LP actually lasted 11+ days i'd throw a party for my reproductive system! i'm planning to poas on halloween if my temp is still high that morning cause that would be a fun day for a BFP (wouldn't any day be a fun day for a bfp though). no biggie either way though.

luna--i've defintiely read that alcohol can affect a temp, but i can't remember if it's supposed to make it higher or lower. maybe someone else will remember. so i have to ask, is Luna your real name, or your screen name? i'm just curious because that's our dd's name (Luna Paz), and i haven't met any other "Luna"s out there IRL--although i'm sure they exist somewhere!
#377 of 443 Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
:thankyou! i was pretty darned excited to see another high temp this morning. i haven't a symptom to speak of, aside from my face breaking out (but that could be stress). i take that as a good sign either way though. if my LP actually lasted 11+ days i'd throw a party for my reproductive system! i'm planning to poas on halloween if my temp is still high that morning cause that would be a fun day for a BFP (wouldn't any day be a fun day for a bfp though). no biggie either way though.

luna--i've defintiely read that alcohol can affect a temp, but i can't remember if it's supposed to make it higher or lower. maybe someone else will remember. so i have to ask, is Luna your real name, or your screen name? i'm just curious because that's our dd's name (Luna Paz), and i haven't met any other "Luna"s out there IRL--although i'm sure they exist somewhere!
Yeah Halloween would be fun for a BFP, or in my case DTD for possible ovulation!

Okay I Googled and turns out that alcohol + staying up late are more likely to give a HIGHER temp reading, which was not the case for me (it dropped a little), so I have nothing to worry about as far as missing O or anything. I think I'm good to go.

Luna isn't my real name, it's my Pagan name and my screen name. I think it's beautiful and thought about naming our daughter that (if we have one), but DH doesn't like it.

-
#378 of 443 Old 10-28-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

that's too funny. i originally wanted to name dd Lola Paz, but dh didn't like Lola at all. so he suggested Luna, and that was it!
#379 of 443 Old 10-28-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
that's too funny. i originally wanted to name dd Lola Paz, but dh didn't like Lola at all. so he suggested Luna, and that was it!
Haha. I love L names for girls, and DH doesn't like any of those.

-
#380 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 AM

I guess I will start the Monday Check Ins for the week

Name: Rachel
Date: 10/29
Where are you at in your cycle: 6dpo
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply: many possible symptoms but they could be BFP symptoms or symptoms of other things so I am trying to ignore them.
Testing: Trying to hold out to see my 12dpo temp before testing. I typically have a 12 day lp so if my temp is still high at 12dpo I will test. I would love to test earlier but I didn't get my last BFP until 14dpo so I doubt I could get a BFP at 10dpo like some ladies here do.
Thoughts: Trying to remain optimistically neutral. We had good timing and my temps look good but I have learned that both of these are no guarentees of a BFP. I just hope my week is busy so I can try not to think about it!

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#381 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 10:26 AM

Name: Tara
Where are you at in your cycle: 6dpo
Appointments:n/a
Symptoms if they apply: Sharp cramping, temp dip that could have been implantation yesterday, backache, food aversions a couple days ago, increase appetite now, fatigue. Who knows if I'm imagining these!
Testing: Wanting to test at 10dpo (Fri) but going to try to hold out until 11dpo since AF should arrive that day or the next. Plus, DH will be out of town until late Fri and I don't want to tell him over the phone if we happen to get a BFP.
Thoughts: Very mixed feelings about this cycle. I'm feeling very moody. One minute I really feel pregnant and positive about testing and the next I don't think it could be possible and I'm imagining all symptoms. I don't think our BD timing was all that great but maybe for a boy. This wait is harder than the last one since I'm positive about my O date this time. 2 of my cousins just found out they're pg and babies come in 3's typically in my family so I'm hoping! I'd be due on July 18th if we conceived this cycle.
#382 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 10:34 AM

Monday Check In:

Name: Gillian
Date: Oct. 29
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 5
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: AF is still in town :
Testing: None
Thoughts: I'm really hoping that the soy isoflavones, plus the fact that I'm now on my 3rd month of vitex, bumps up my O date significantly. I'm also taking baby aspirin to improve my lining and I'm going to try robitussin as O approaches to help my cm. :

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#383 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 10:35 AM

Name: Shannon
Date: 10-29-2007
Where are you at in your cycle: CD5
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: Not yet, although I do have some leftover OPKs if I feel compelled to pee on something!
Thoughts: Saturday is my 27th birthday, and marks a year since DP and I decided to TTC. We haven't been consistently TTC this whole year - we quit for a few months after my m/c - but I wouldn't have guessed that I'd still be trying at this point. So : for this cycle...I'd love a belated bday BFP to give thanks for.
#384 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 10:39 AM

Monday Check In:

Name: Luna
Date: Oct. 29th
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 16
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: OPK was neg yesterday. Will test again tonight.
Thoughts: I wish I would hurry up and O. Watching my temps & hoping...

-
#385 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM

Name: Songbird
Where are you at in your cycle: 11dpo
Appointments: Tomorrow about blood sugar testing results and also dh's semen analysis results. Hopefully his stuff comes back clear so we're only dealing with my wacky cycles!
Symptoms if they apply: The one I'm noticing is a crampy feeling in the uterus area, which could be anything from gas to PMS. My temps are great though.
Testing: 18dpo. Seriously. I haven't even bought tests. Weekend is going to be killer if AF doesn't show by Thursday, but I'm not testing until next Monday.
Thoughts: I'm with Rachel here - "optimistically neutral". We did have good timing, it is possible, but it's more possible that I'm not pregnant. I'm still excited that I ovulated, and I am hoping we can replicate that next cycle!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#386 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I don't think our BD timing was all that great but maybe for a boy.
Tara -It actually looks to me like you have great timing for a girl. I have read BDing the day before and the day of o for a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Testing: 18dpo. Seriously. I haven't even bought tests. Weekend is going to be killer if AF doesn't show by Thursday, but I'm not testing until next Monday.
Thoughts: I'm with Rachel here - "optimistically neutral". We did have good timing, it is possible, but it's more possible that I'm not pregnant. I'm still excited that I ovulated, and I am hoping we can replicate that next cycle!
songbird - Your chart is looking really good. How the heck are you waiting so long to test?!?!?! You are stronger than I am, that is for sure! I am trying to be realistic that the odds really are greater to not be pregnant (like you said). I posted somewhere else that my OB said on an ideal cycle the odds are still only 25% chance of a pregnancy.....I keep reminding myself of this. What a journey.....

#387 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
Tara -It actually looks to me like you have great timing for a girl. I have read BDing the day before and the day of o for a boy.
Really? I thought boys lived longer and girls were faster so then the boys would be the only ones left by the time I O'd? My little brother came to be because my parents DTD 2 days before O. My Mom thought they were safe since it was only CD8, they weren't TTC (Dad was scheduled for a vasectomy!).....little did she know that O was frequently CD10 for her!!! LOL Oops! Oh well. He's the only boy of 4 of us so we think he was meant to be.
#388 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

from what i've read, the "boys" are faster and have a shorter life span, and the "girls" are slower and live longer.
#389 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Monday Check-in:
Name:Kelly
Where are you at in your cycle: cd26, 9dpo
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: nothing major. i had ewcm the past 2 days. who knows what that was about.
Testing: i'm kinda thinking i might poas on wed if af hasn't shown up yet and my temp is still up. i'm not so sure about that though, since my temp took a pretty significant (although not fatal) dive today
Thoughts: looking back on my chart from last month, i had a similar dip at 7dpo with a 10 day LP. so maybe this month my LP will last 12 days. that would be awesome! if that's the case, next month we are going to catch a sticky egg! i'm determined!
#390 of 443 Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
i'm kinda thinking i might poas on wed if af hasn't shown up yet and my temp is still up. i'm not so sure about that though, since my temp took a pretty significant (although not fatal) dive today
Maybe your temp will go back up and and then maybe it's an implantation dip! 9dpo would be good timing for that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page