Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts:

See less See more
#327 ·
Name: Connie
Date: 10/23/07
Where are you in your cycle: CD 16
Appointments: I need to make one with the gym.

Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Not for a while
Thoughts: Well, here I am @ CD16, and no signs of impending ovulation. I don't have and CM or anything. I think that I'm going to O later in the month again. Fine by me- as long as I O. DH and I have been horrible lately anyway. We haven't had any kind of BD schedule at all. We really need to get on track! I guess I'm feeling a bit down today- but I'm attributing it to the super rainy, dark day; and to the fact that I'm tired.

#328 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post

oceane - Me too! I need to stop talking about eating healthier and exercising and do it! I was eating so healthy during my pregnancy and since the m/c I have been such a junk eater which isn't like me at all....probably explains why I can't lose the few pounds I gained when I was pregnant.
I can totally understand you though. during pregnancy you really knew it was important. now it's all "I can start later". though technically being healthy would be good for ttcing... such a vicious circle!!
because unhealthy women become pregnant every freakin day, too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Ha, I've become all zen about this. But we decided to get dh's sperm checked even though insurance doesn't cover it. It's $80. In his words, "You are going through a lot of effort. I think its worth the money to make sure its worth it." Which I really appreciate. But I think I would like to keep going with the diet changes. I think they're really good for me regardless of ttc status.

Sunshine, Gillian, oceane, other long cycle people: It might be worthwhile to try soy to ovulate earlier. It's inexpensive and people haven't reported too many side effects (some people report headaches). I guess what most people do is take 80mg of soy isoflavone tablets on days 3-7 or days 5-9 (either is fine) and avoid all soy except soy sauce the rest of the cycle. It doesn't work for everybody, but my bottle of soy pills was $5 so it seemed worth a try. People for whom an 80mg dose doesn't work sometimes a higher dose (120mg, 160mg) works, so you can gradually keep increasing the dosage.
I'm vegan and eat a fair amount of soy products. I suppose the dosage from food would not reach the one you described though. However, my thyroid hormone states that soy consumption can theoretically inhibit absorption. so, I have to wait anyway until nov 6th to check with the doctor and see whether my levels have adjusted with my current diet or if I have to cut out soy even more. talk about complicated...
:
also, since last cycle was anovulatory and I have only just stopped bleeding I don't know if my cycle has now regulated a bit more. I have not yet done vitex, which I would try first, I suppose.

luna, sorry, no knowledge here. though between days 10 and 16 I don't think it's impossible you're close to ovulation.. what do your other body clues say?

I'm really sorry for sunshine and gillian and all others (and me) for not being pregnant but I really like hanging with you ladies and while I hope you all get BFPs ASAP I also hope we can be ddc buddies. i'm online sentimental today.. must be the unsuccessful job hunt.

#329 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveLife View Post
Name: Connie
Where are you in your cycle: CD 16
Appointments: I need to make one with the gym.

Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Not for a while
Thoughts: Well, here I am @ CD16, and no signs of impending ovulation. I don't have and CM or anything. I think that I'm going to O later in the month again. Fine by me- as long as I O. DH and I have been horrible lately anyway. We haven't had any kind of BD schedule at all. We really need to get on track! I guess I'm feeling a bit down today- but I'm attributing it to the super rainy, dark day; and to the fact that I'm tired.
I think that's funny
:

#330 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by oceane View Post
luna, sorry, no knowledge here. though between days 10 and 16 I don't think it's impossible you're close to ovulation.. what do your other body clues say?
I've had some odd cramping, but cm is very creamy/lotiony. There is a lot more of it than usual, too, and I think that might be due to taking EPO and Vitex. Who knows? Definitely not ewcm yet. My cervix is high, though.

Quote:
I'm really sorry for sunshine and gillian and all others (and me) for not being pregnant but I really like hanging with you ladies and while I hope you all get BFPs ASAP I also hope we can be ddc buddies. i'm online sentimental today.. must be the unsuccessful job hunt.
I hope you all do too! I am doing pretty well with not obsessing yet. I'm a lot calmer this time around. I think temping actually keeps my mind off the *whole* thing because it's something new to find out every morning (what my temp will be), instead of focusing ONLY on Ov, DPO, and BFP. So it's like a day-to-date surprise. lol.

#331 ·
Quote:

Sunshine, Gillian, oceane, other long cycle people: It might be worthwhile to try soy to ovulate earlier. It's inexpensive and people haven't reported too many side effects (some people report headaches). I guess what most people do is take 80mg of soy isoflavone tablets on days 3-7 or days 5-9 (either is fine) and avoid all soy except soy sauce the rest of the cycle. It doesn't work for everybody, but my bottle of soy pills was $5 so it seemed worth a try. People for whom an 80mg dose doesn't work sometimes a higher dose (120mg, 160mg) works, so you can gradually keep increasing the dosage.
singbird - What foods have soy in that I would need to cut out? I think my breakfast bars that I eat daily have some soy in? Would that be too much that I would have to avoid it? I am unsure I am to that point yet to be willing to alter my diet? Not sure. Did you try vitex before starting soy? I guess I should wait and see what my cycles do now since the m/c before I make any diet or supplement changes?

#332 ·
I think the minimal amount of soy in breakfast bars, etc. are probably ok. Tofu has tons of isoflavones (which mimics estrogen in the body, that's how it works) so that sort of thing is important to avoid as it can mess with your system if your hormones are not well balanced. Mine are clearly VERY affected by soy and staying away from tofu seems to help.

I started vitex before soy, but I don't know if I gave it enough of a chance to work. I took it for a month hoping it would kickstart a period but my hormones were way out of balance by that point and the doc wanted to force a period right away.

#333 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Thanks! Yeah now it's gone way back up. LOL.

I looked at yours, and you're right, they are similar at least in the number of ups & downs.

Okay guys, I did something stupid. When I was buying a new thermometer, I happened to see an OPK kit called OvuCheck which is normally $24.99, but was on clearance for $5. They don't expire for another year. So I bought two boxes, because they only come with 5 strips each and I'm only on CD 10. They are saliva strips. Anyone know how accurate these are? I can't find any info online, but when I used one yesterday it turned to a color that was in the middle of the "favorable" chart. Just for kicks, DH took one, and his was in the "unfavorable" chart. I took one today and it was about the same color as yesterday. I am just really skeptical about this. I highly doubt I could be ovulationg this early when I have a 31 day average cycle, and last cycle I took POAS OPKs and they showed up + on day 16.
: I wish I hadn't wasted my money on these saliva strip things.

Don't forget about the vitex though. This is your first month on it right? It moved my O date up and made my normally 31-40 day cycle 27 days...so ya never know. Better be dtd just in case.

#334 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
Don't forget about the vitex though. This is your first month on it right? It moved my O date up and made my normally 31-40 day cycle 27 days...so ya never know. Better be dtd just in case.
Hehe. Okay! Good point. I actually started taking vitex *before* my last period, and it started on day 30 (with spotting on days 28 & 29), and it sometimes doesn't start until day 32 or even 36 at latest.

#335 ·
My aunt has suggested my boyfriend and I ttc every day for 30 days straight. I don't want to wear him out with sex. I know he's tired as is and we only try on the weekends (seems my fertile days fall on weekends) so what's the deal? I wondered if it were stress or something else but who knows. Think its time to try drugs?

#336 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
welcome AKA PI! do you want me to add you to the list? if so, i just need some basic stats (age, are you a part of a couple, are you TTC#1, 2, 3 etc.?). hope your stay here is short and sweet!

p.s.
it took my body a whole year to get pg when i quit the pill. it can be so frustrating! it might just take a bit longer for your body to be ready to get pg.
Thanks!

I'm 26, part of a couple but we're one of those couples who don't have a title
. I'm TTC #1, I live in Atlanta, I was on the pill from age 18 until the end of the August this year and are ready to pregnant before the end of the year.

#337 ·
AKA PI: It's not time to start drugs. You'll have a hard time finding a doctor that would even consider it. I agree with you that dtd every day for 30 days will tire your boyfriend out (although... it might work!). You should try to save that energy for your fertile time.

That said, patience is really key here. It takes most people 6 months to get pg and if you stopped bc in August, you shouldn't even start to wonder if something is wrong until February. Also, prolonged use of the birth control pill can screw up your cycle for a while. You might find that your cycle is long, irregular, anovulatory, or any combination of the above for a full YEAR after you get off the pill, as pazerific mentioned.

Patience, patience, patience. Try to spend your energy getting to know your body and paying attention to your signals, and beyond that... just patience and waiting. I've been "trying" since April and charting since May. Others have been trying longer. Many, many people have gotten pregnant and then subsequently lost the pregnancy. You'll be happier if you accept that it could take a long time even if you're young and healthy.

It's hard, I know... we have all spent years believing that if we miss one pill we'll get pregnant accidentally and it's a shock to find out that it's not that simple.
Good luck to you, and hopefully it'll be sooner than later!

#338 ·
Quote:

AKA PI: It's not time to start drugs. You'll have a hard time finding a doctor that would even consider it. I agree with you that dtd every day for 30 days will tire your boyfriend out (although... it might work!). You should try to save that energy for your fertile time.

That said, patience is really key here. It takes most people 6 months to get pg and if you stopped bc in August, you shouldn't even start to wonder if something is wrong until February. Also, prolonged use of the birth control pill can screw up your cycle for a while. You might find that your cycle is long, irregular, anovulatory, or any combination of the above for a full YEAR after you get off the pill, as pazerific mentioned.

Patience, patience, patience. Try to spend your energy getting to know your body and paying attention to your signals, and beyond that... just patience and waiting. I've been "trying" since April and charting since May. Others have been trying longer. Many, many people have gotten pregnant and then subsequently lost the pregnancy. You'll be happier if you accept that it could take a long time even if you're young and healthy.

It's hard, I know... we have all spent years believing that if we miss one pill we'll get pregnant accidentally and it's a shock to find out that it's not that simple.
Good luck to you, and hopefully it'll be sooner than later!
I fully agree with everything songbird says. I was on bc pills from age 18-26 too. I started charting after being off them for 4 months. I was o'ing but my EWCM was not good, my fertility signs were inconsistant and my cycles have been long. DH and I began trying after I was off the pills for about 9 months. I went off them early to make sure they were out of my system and to try to get to know my body cycles. We got pregnant on our second cycle trying but I had an early (7-8 week) miscarriage
: and am not back to trying again. It is not a snap-your-fingers and be pregnant journey for most people. Patience is truly a virtue when it comes to baby making!!

#339 ·
Monday Check in: well Tusday
Name: Jennifer
Where are you at in your cycle: Cd 26 8 DPO
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: sore nipples
Testing: some time next week.
Thoughts: not realy

Hello ladies sorry i haven't been around. i have been lurking but just not posting. I hope you are all doing well.

#340 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Babypower View Post
Monday Check in: well Tusday
Name: Jennifer
Where are you at in your cycle: Cd 26 8 DPO
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: sore nipples
Testing: some time next week.
Thoughts: not realy

Hello ladies sorry i haven't been around. i have been lurking but just not posting. I hope you are all doing well.
Your chart looks great! Very promising! Tons of babydust to you!

#341 ·
Can anyone fill me in a bit on anovulatory cycles? I had a noticeable CM cycle, but I didn't temp (kicks self). I'm going to do a search here in a bit.

I am so confused. I'm 5 days late, which has only ever happened when I've gotten pg, but I'm still getting BFNs.
: Even after my m/c this past spring I was back on track after 35 days. This is CD 32, so something weird is going on, and I'm doubtful it's pregnancy. Does anyone think it might be helpful to start temping at this point to see if there is some kind of pattern?

#342 ·
updated.

AKA PI--i know it's so frustrating to wait when you feel ready now, but i have to agree with all that sunshine and songbird have said. hang on, it will happen.

azuluna--i would go ahead and start temping. if you're post O you should be seeing temps that are a little higher, and if you're getting a lot of peaks and valleys then i think that would be indicitive of an anov cycle.

#344 ·
Monday Check in (late!)
Name: Laura
Date: 10/25
Where are you at in your cycle: cd 25, 4 dpo
Appointments: none yet!
Symptoms if they apply: none.
Testing: probably on cd 35.
Thoughts: it's our third true month of ttc #1 and i'm already tired of it

#345 ·
welcome ladylaura! would you like your age to be shown on the list (you don't have to, but a lot of people have it). i hope your stay here is short and sweet!

p.s. i just realized we're cycle buddies--i'm just one day behind you cd24, 3dpo
i hope i can wait to poas as long as you are!

#346 ·
oceane - Thanks -
. I'm having a bit of a sentimental day today too, I was watching Ellen and there was this adoreable 4 year old and I started crying just because he was so cute and I kept thinking how badly I want one. I guess that's AF on her way!

Songbird - That's a good idea. I'm going to try that this cycle. It would be nice to be able to try every 30 days instead of every 40. Do you take vitex as well?

Thank you everyone for all the hugs and thoughts. I'm doing okay actually, I think I'm getting used to not being pregnant. My first few cycles trying I cried for an entire day or longer when AF started but last cycle and this cycle I'm more disappointed than sad, if that makes sense.

I have a funny story I thought I'd share. After the BFN this morning DH and I were talking about how this wasn't our month and he said 'it's my fault', and I said 'why is that', and he said 'well I brought in my best men too early, I knew I should have waited'
. He's fairly serious too, he actually thinks he has a choice over when his 'best' spermies come out. I assured him it wasn't his fault.

#347 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post

Thank you everyone for all the hugs and thoughts. I'm doing okay actually, I think I'm getting used to not being pregnant. My first few cycles trying I cried for an entire day or longer when AF started but last cycle and this cycle I'm more disappointed than sad, if that makes sense.

I have a funny story I thought I'd share. After the BFN this morning DH and I were talking about how this wasn't our month and he said 'it's my fault', and I said 'why is that', and he said 'well I brought in my best men too early, I knew I should have waited'
. He's fairly serious too, he actually thinks he has a choice over when his 'best' spermies come out. I assured him it wasn't his fault.
Don't count yourself out yet! Your temps look really good, it could be too early for a BFP. Give it some more time.

Your hubby sound so funny. Something my hubby would say.

#349 ·
Monday Check in: On Wednesday

Name: Louise
Date: 24/10/07
Where are you at in your cycle: 9dpo
Appointments:
Symptoms if they apply: metallic taste in mouth, itchy nipples, abdominal pain, mild nausea.
Testing: BFN this morning, will probably test again on Friday
Thoughts: Hoping to get a + result soon! I feel different, hoping I'm pregnant and not going crazy!

#350 ·
Monday Check in, on Wednesday, because I was travelling
Name: Karli
Date: 10/24/07
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 127 (once AGAIN, not a typo)
Appointments: None, but I'll have to go in if this doesn't let up in two months.
Symptoms if they apply: None.
Testing: No neede, haven't O'd.
Thoughts: The husband IS going to Iraq for a year, so it looks like I'll be taking my name off this list soon if I don't O in about, oh, the next 3 weeks? Bah.

#351 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Gillian28 - I had to laugh at your story. Last night after DH and I BDed he tells me he gave his guys the map. It just cracked me up. At least we are all keeping our humor through this journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACx View Post
Monday Check in, on Wednesday, because I was travelling
Name: Karli
Date: 10/24/07
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 127 (once AGAIN, not a typo)
Appointments: None, but I'll have to go in if this doesn't let up in two months.
Symptoms if they apply: None.
Testing: No neede, haven't O'd.
Thoughts: The husband IS going to Iraq for a year, so it looks like I'll be taking my name off this list soon if I don't O in about, oh, the next 3 weeks? Bah.
Karli -

My Update - I think I may have o'ed! I will have to verify with the next couple temps and await my FF crosshairs. I feel a sense of relief. I much prefer the 2WW to waiting to o.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.