OCTOBER TTC in our 20s - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Linzie2--thanks for the tip! i'm planning to update the MIA list when i get home from NC this week.

updated i'm so glad to hear you got the green light sunshine!

oceane--i know what you mean! when i got pg with dd, we weren't ttc or tta, but i was working full time and in school full time. how on earth did that happen? sometimes i wonder if i give up on ttc if it will happen then. as if there's some magical equation other than sperm meets egg that will result in conception.
#122 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM

Rachel: I'm so glad you got the go-ahead from your doctor! I know you're probably still feeling totally out of control....I sure do, but I hope you find some peace during the wait.

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
#123 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 PM

I am nervously waiting for a phone call after a blood test this morning. I really really really hope I'm pregnant.

-
#124 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 12:11 PM

YAY Rachel, I'm so glad they gave you the okay to continue.

My body is so screwed up right now. My temps are nothing like they used to be. I don't think I ever really got a + OPK like I thought. FF never says I O. I'm usually a early O'er but not after this MC. I'm still in Cali, going home to the hubby tomorrow, hope we can still catch an egg, but if we missed our chance than I at least hope to see AF soon.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#125 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I am nervously waiting for a phone call after a blood test this morning. I really really really hope I'm pregnant.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#126 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
:

#127 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 12:25 PM

Name: Songbird
Date: Oct. 9, 2007
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 2!!!!!!!!!!
Appointments: None yet
Symptoms if they apply: None to speak of
Testing: Nope.
Thoughts: The progesterone worked, and I've finally got a period!!!! I'm also super glad I'm charting. As soon as I saw my temp on Sunday I knew I would start spotting, and I was prepared!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#128 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 12:31 PM

Late Check in

Name: Rachel
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 4
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: None
Thoughts: Looks like we're onto round three. Last cycle was a rough one and it was hard to look at the BFN again. Trying to be hopefull that this will happen when it's suppose to.

-Rachel

#129 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittliz View Post
:
Thanks guys!

Um... I have been REALLY lightheaded for the last 30min or so. I think it's because I had too much sugar this morning - energy drink & donut after having my blood drawn to keep my sugar up (like when u give blood), and then a bunch of apple slices. Plus my stomach feels uneasy now. :

-
#130 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Name: Songbird
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 2!!!!!!!!!!
Appointments: None yet
Symptoms if they apply: None to speak of
Testing: Nope.
Thoughts: The progesterone worked, and I've finally got a period!!!! I'm also super glad I'm charting. As soon as I saw my temp on Sunday I knew I would start spotting, and I was prepared!
finally!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybound View Post
YAY Rachel, I'm so glad they gave you the okay to continue.

My body is so screwed up right now. My temps are nothing like they used to be. I don't think I ever really got a + OPK like I thought. FF never says I O. I'm usually a early O'er but not after this MC. I'm still in Cali, going home to the hubby tomorrow, hope we can still catch an egg, but if we missed our chance than I at least hope to see AF soon.
I'm sorry. I hope your body gets back on track soon

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Um... I have been REALLY lightheaded for the last 30min or so. I think it's because I had too much sugar this morning - energy drink & donut after having my blood drawn to keep my sugar up (like when u give blood), and then a bunch of apple slices. Plus my stomach feels uneasy now. :
I don't think it's from the sugar, I think it's excitement.. good luck to you!

hh2.gif

#131 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
I don't think it's from the sugar, I think it's excitement.. good luck to you!
I hope so... I used to get dizzy easily as a kid (passed out a few times), but this is pretty bad.

-
#132 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 PM

Checking in...

Name: Shannon
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 18
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply: dull, mild crampy feeling for several days. I had EWCM from Tuesday evening to Saturday! : Timing seems pretty good, but I'm am still trying not to get too worked up over TTC. I know if AF arrives, though, I'll still be really bummed, even if I haven't been getting too excited outwardly.
Testing: Not hardly! I'm going to sit on those babies until the 18th at least!
Thoughts: I'm going to be stalking the TWW thread in the meantime
#133 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 02:49 PM

Not pregnant. In fact, my HCG is lower than normal - 0.43. :

I am so depressed. Fuck this.

-
#134 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybound View Post
countrybound - I would say you did not o based on your temps. My doctor did say that m/c can delay o so even if you are normally an early o'er I wouldn't base this cycle on that. Make sure you don't include this cycle in your ff stats either. I am normally a later o'er so I will probably be one of the women who o closer to 6 weeks after m/c....but I have had a ton of creamy CM which leads me to believe water/EWCM is on its way - now WHEN is the question!

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#135 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM

Yeah Songbird!!! Congrats on AF - you don't hear that one often!

Quote:
filiadeluna - So sorry for the disappointment.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#136 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:

I am so depressed. Fuck this.
don't be frustrated. We started trying in August. I had Ovulation microscope and OPKs (2 boxes of ClearBlue Digital) at CD 9 I got ferns : so I tried to backup with OPK - zero result. Wasted all OPK pee sticks - no egg . Though we BD every other day that month- no result. When Af delayed for a week I bought 3 tests. One test , I suppose, was defective and showed a line which turned out to be evap line. The test next morning was negative (same brand, same box). As my AF came my DH bought CBEFM. I started testing and I found out the estrogen level had increased and stayed high a week before I got egg symbol. That explained having fern pattern so early and had it for 4 weeks in a row. We BD 1 time the day before I got my peak. The next day on CD 17 when I was super-duper fertile my DH went for business trip for 10 days with no additional BD. I can not tell you how pissed and aggravated I was. So last Thursday he was coming back home and I had to know if I Could have a rita. I had one HPT left so to get an excuse I decided to go and pee on it. I was in shock for at least 30 minutes after I saw an extra line : So just calm down, relax and try to get concentrated on something else. To distract myself I bought a cross-stitch kit and I finished it in 2 weeks. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3...ture124xl2.jpg
#137 of 443 Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
filiadeluna - So sorry for the disappointment.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
don't be frustrated. We started trying in August. I had Ovulation microscope and OPKs (2 boxes of ClearBlue Digital) at CD 9 I got ferns : so I tried to backup with OPK - zero result. Wasted all OPK pee sticks - no egg . Though we BD every other day that month- no result. When Af delayed for a week I bought 3 tests. One test , I suppose, was defective and showed a line which turned out to be evap line. The test next morning was negative (same brand, same box). As my AF came my DH bought CBEFM. I started testing and I found out the estrogen level had increased and stayed high a week before I got egg symbol. That explained having fern pattern so early and had it for 4 weeks in a row. We BD 1 time the day before I got my peak. The next day on CD 17 when I was super-duper fertile my DH went for business trip for 10 days with no additional BD. I can not tell you how pissed and aggravated I was. So last Thursday he was coming back home and I had to know if I Could have a rita. I had one HPT left so to get an excuse I decided to go and pee on it. I was in shock for at least 30 minutes after I saw an extra line : So just calm down, relax and try to get concentrated on something else. To distract myself I bought a cross-stitch kit and I finished it in 2 weeks. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3...ture124xl2.jpg
Thanks. I'm going to try to focus on cleaning my apartment more (organizing). I really can't do anymore tracking though. I don't think I even want to know when there's a *chance* of ovulating. If I let myself track anything I will become obsessed again, and I can't take more disappointment. I don't know how people can do this for years on end when my sorry ass can't even take it once.

-
#138 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 AM

I'm soooo sorry everyone! My computer crashed and being in little town south of nowhere it takes awhile to find someone to fix it. As for tests....never again, really. I kept getting faint lines so i took a digital. Supposed to be a no brainer right? Not for me. I got a Big Fat Error. Yep. right where it is supposed to say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" i got a nice little "error".
So i yell from the bathroom "congrats honey, we're error!"
AF showed up a couple days later, one week late.

So here we go again.....It's great to be back online though

monday late check in

Name: ashley
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 9
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: Never Again...
Thoughts: I'm feeling pretty confident. My cycle days are in sync with the calander. That has to be a good sign, right?

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#139 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieMom View Post
I'm soooo sorry everyone! My computer crashed and being in little town south of nowhere it takes awhile to find someone to fix it. As for tests....never again, really. I kept getting faint lines so i took a digital. Supposed to be a no brainer right? Not for me. I got a Big Fat Error. Yep. right where it is supposed to say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" i got a nice little "error".
So i yell from the bathroom "congrats honey, we're error!"
AF showed up a couple days later, one week late.
It must have been frustrating but the story is :

hh2.gif

#140 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Ack! I had written this whole long reply to everybody's personal stories... hugs for Sunshine4004 and filiadeluna and congratulations to Spider, etc. and I posted it and didn't come back until today and IT'S NOT THERE!!! I don't know where it went!

So I don't remember everything but I wanted to say:
ACx: Get Thee To A Doctor, if you can. My doctor said that if you don't bleed at least every 3 months you are at risk for endometrial hyperplasia and CANCER. Even if you don't ovulate you should bleed and they can force a period with relatively inexpensive measures.

#141 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 10:42 AM

Wednesday Check-In

Name: Luna
Date: Oct. 10, 2007
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 26, 10dpo
Symptoms if they apply: meh I don't want to think about it
Testing: negative quantitative blood test at 9dpo
Thoughts: I wish my stupidass period would start early so I can get this cycle over with. With my luck it will start super late like it did a couple months ago – probably ten days from now. And that means I’ll have to wait more like 6-7 weeks to find out anything again. I never should have gone on birth control, because even after being off it for two years, it has screwed up my cycle. I used to have a perfect 28 day cycle, every time, before BC. That's what I get for taking something that only gives you 4 periods a year.

-
#142 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Wednesday Check-In

Name: Luna
Date: Oct. 10, 2007
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 26, 10dpo
Symptoms if they apply: meh I don't want to think about it
Testing: negative quantitative blood test at 9dpo
Thoughts: I wish my stupidass period would start early so I can get this cycle over with. With my luck it will start super late like it did a couple months ago – probably ten days from now. And that means I’ll have to wait more like 6-7 weeks to find out anything again. I never should have gone on birth control, because even after being off it for two years, it has screwed up my cycle. I used to have a perfect 28 day cycle, every time, before BC. That's what I get for taking something that only gives you 4 periods a year.
I understand why you want this cycle to be over but don't wish for AF to come early. A short lp is not a good thing for TTC. Hang in there!

#143 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
I understand why you want this cycle to be over but don't wish for AF to come early. A short lp is not a good thing for TTC. Hang in there!
Thanks. It wouldn't be a short LP, though... my period averages 32 days so it's not very probable that it will come early anyway. I just honestly think of it as a "curse" like some olden days ladies used to call it. I started my period at age 11, and I've always hated it. If it weren't for the fact that it's a vital part of fertility, I would wish it to be banned altogether.

-
#144 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

I'm on CD 25 - the day on which I ovulated last cycle. I figured I would have at least ovulated by today and actually thought I would O earlier. But, I haven't even had any ewcm yet, so I'm still at least a couple days from O. This sucks. We've been DTD every other day instead of daily to try and preserve the preseed. I could order more but by the time it got here it would probably be too late anyway. Sorry for being so grumpy I'm just really annoyed :.

Filiadeluna - I feel the same way about bc. I had regular 30 day cycles before I went on it, now I range from 40-45 days - and I continued having periods monthly while on bc. I have a friend who decided to take a bc break because she'd been on it for so long and her cycles continued to be 28 days for the few months she was off. I was so envious of her .

Pookiemama - How frustrating. It's bad enough having to try and see a second line - how do you interpret an error message?!?

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#145 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM

luna: obviously you're free to think whatever but you said it: it's a vital part of your fertility!!!! your period isn't something negative, only now because you'd rather have a baby.... but without period no baby either. I think you're just very frustrated, but it sounds like you really hate that part of your body, and while I perfectly understand that it just seems such a negative view of something good and necessary. sorry if I'm out of line here, no offense or anything meant by it! I hope you can come to terms with your disappointment and start a fresh cycle all hopeful again. cuz it CAN be fun, too, trying for a baby...

hh2.gif

#146 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 PM

I hear you all on bc, though.

hh2.gif

#147 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM

filiadeluna: I'm sorry it's been a bad month for you. I've never had a blood test to confirm pregnancy, but it would make it worse to get a negative after you spend the time & $$ to go to the doctor.

#148 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
IFiliadeluna - I feel the same way about bc. I had regular 30 day cycles before I went on it, now I range from 40-45 days - and I continued having periods monthly while on bc. I have a friend who decided to take a bc break because she'd been on it for so long and her cycles continued to be 28 days for the few months she was off. I was so envious of her .
Man, that is long. My longest has been 36, shortest 28. But it's never the exact same length even two cycles in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
luna: obviously you're free to think whatever but you said it: it's a vital part of your fertility!!!! your period isn't something negative, only now because you'd rather have a baby.... but without period no baby either. I think you're just very frustrated, but it sounds like you really hate that part of your body, and while I perfectly understand that it just seems such a negative view of something good and necessary. sorry if I'm out of line here, no offense or anything meant by it! I hope you can come to terms with your disappointment and start a fresh cycle all hopeful again. cuz it CAN be fun, too, trying for a baby...
Actually, I have always hated my period, probably less so now than I used to. I always said, "why can't our periods wait to start until we actually want to have children?". Yeah right...

As a teenager I had horrendous cramps, bad enough to go to the ER once at 14. Sometimes I used to punch myself in the stomach trying to get them to stop hurting. : Like that would help. That's why I have a severe hatred for that "time of the month". Plus it's just a pain the arse... I always end up getting it on some article of clothing or the sheets. :

-
#149 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Hey, Luna, do you use a divacup? You should look into either the divacup or the keeper. A lot of women have shorter, lighter periods on them and fewer cramps. I know I did. And I almost never leak onto stuff anymore either. I cannot praise it highly enough!

#150 of 443 Old 10-10-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Hey, Luna, do you use a divacup? You should look into either the divacup or the keeper. A lot of women have shorter, lighter periods on them and fewer cramps. I know I did. And I almost never leak onto stuff anymore either. I cannot praise it highly enough!
How does it make your periods shorter & lighter without hormones? I'm confused. Is it expensive? I usually buy cheapo Wal-Mart brand tampons at around $3-$4 a container.

-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page