OCTOBER TTC in our 20s - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACx View Post
Nah, my doc said to give it six months, so I have until around Christmas. He wants me to stop worrying about it and not try anything until that point. I guess that's why I was surprised to see so many people jumping ship so early. I don't want to be the only one on CD 180! lol

I started BCP for suspected PCOS when I was 16 or 17, then started Depo when I was 19. I stopped the depo when I was 22, tried a non-hormonal IUD for three awful months of non-stop bleeding, and then was on the pill for over a year to get my cycles back on track. Since stopping the pill, no cycles. He said I just need to give it time and be patient. Which would be easier if other people were being patient with me. :P

Patience??? Patience?? Hmmm, I might have to look that one up. Yeah, I don't have much patience, and then when the doc wrote the script, I was like, well I'm just going to wait for it to start on its own... yeah right!! Anyway, my doc (although he is my GP, not my OB) said that there is an increased risk of cervial cancer and other things if you go a long time w/out your period and aren't prego. I don't know if there's any truth to it or not- but it gave me an excuse. :

Anyway, anytime you need to vent- feel free- I know that its SOOO frustrating.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 PM

I think I’ve started AF today - very light spotting (yet I still have some clear CM – it never dried up. . This is a bit early for me, but I have been taking Vitex for 3 days now so perhaps it is trying to balance out my sometimes odd /long cycles.

I have a question, though: when you get pre-AF spotting, are you supposed to count that as CD 1, or is CD 1 only once you have full-fledged bleeding? I used to count spotting as the first day, but I read somewhere that you’re not supposed to. I need to know for charting purposes. Thanks!

Also, I’m going to get a BBT today so I can start temping tomorrow morning. The problem is, I wake up at least 2-4 hours earlier during the week than on the weekends. Will this make a big difference? I have a hard time getting back to sleep once I wake up, so setting an alarm is not my favorite option.

-
#183 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
I'm so stupid! Last nite DH said my temp taking alarm keeps waking him up and he really wants to sleep in, so I said fine, I'll probably wake up in time anyway. Nope - I slept in over an hour past my usual temp time and when I took it it was a lot higher. I could blame this on the sleep in, but it was freezing in our room last night so now I'm trying to figure out if the temp rise was due to the sleep in - regardless of the temp in the room, or if it was due to ovulation. I'm really really hoping it was due to the sleep in because I haven't had a trace of ewcm yet - despite being my first month on epo! On the other hand, yesterday I noticed the tiniest little spot of red when I wiped - O spotting? I've had it before at ovulation.
I wish I had taken my temp on time!!!! : Guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow...
yeah, tomorrow... it's always tomorrow that brings clarity *sigh* I just wish I'd get that freakin temp shift, I still have CM but DH is EXHAUSTED and I'm fine with it. : that was the longest pre-ovulation phase with CM ever....

filia: in TCOYF she says to not count it as day 1 but to add it to the old cycle. However, I think as long as you're consistent with either method it doesn't matter so much.

hh2.gif

#184 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 12:18 PM

Gillian, someone once suggested to me setting an alarm to vibrate my phone, and putting the phone under my pillow so DH doesn't notice it but I do. Unfortunately my phone doesn't do alarms because it's a POS but maybe you have a better phone.

I am now officially in my first 2WW. I'm going to try to make it the full 2WW by avoiding POAS under 14dpo. Must not obsess.
#185 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I have a question, though: when you get pre-AF spotting, are you supposed to count that as CD 1, or is CD 1 only once you have full-fledged bleeding? I used to count spotting as the first day, but I read somewhere that you’re not supposed to. I need to know for charting purposes. Thanks!
I don't count it as CD1 until I have red, heavy bleeding.

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
#186 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
Gillian, someone once suggested to me setting an alarm to vibrate my phone, and putting the phone under my pillow so DH doesn't notice it but I do. Unfortunately my phone doesn't do alarms because it's a POS but maybe you have a better phone.

I am now officially in my first 2WW. I'm going to try to make it the full 2WW by avoiding POAS under 14dpo. Must not obsess.
your new mantra, I suppose

hh2.gif

#187 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I'm really really hoping it was due to the sleep in because I haven't had a trace of ewcm yet - despite being my first month on epo!
Gillian28 - Just out of curiosity - why did you start EPO? It appears on past charts your fertile CM aligned with o. Yours looks better than mine, that is for sure! Also, how much EPO are you taking daily? I was only taking 500mg daily the cycle I got my BFP. I didn't have wonderful EWCM that cycle but apparently I had enough to do the job. I just wonder if I should take more? I haven't increased my mg because I have heard EPO can delay o and with a late o already I don't want to delay it any more. I don't know if this is true but didn't want to take the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Also, I’m going to get a BBT today so I can start temping tomorrow morning. The problem is, I wake up at least 2-4 hours earlier during the week than on the weekends. Will this make a big difference? I have a hard time getting back to sleep once I wake up, so setting an alarm is not my favorite option.
filiadeluna - I set my alarm on the weekends if it is a crucial time of my cycle that I may o. If I am during AF or several days post-o, I don't always set my alarm to temp on weekends. You may be surprised how little you need to wake up to turn off the alarm and put the thermometer in your mouth. I normally have trouble getting back to sleep too but I don't wake up much to temp and some mornings don't even know I did it until I check the memory button for my new temp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
Gillian, someone once suggested to me setting an alarm to vibrate my phone, and putting the phone under my pillow so DH doesn't notice it but I do.
Alcyone - Great idea!!

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#188 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 PM

Name: Marilyn
Date:10/12
Where are you at in your cycle: cd 5
Appointments:n/a
Symptoms if they apply:n/a
Testing:n/a
Thoughts: C'mon reproductive organs!

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#189 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn82 View Post
Name: Marilyn
Date:10/12
Where are you at in your cycle: cd 5
Appointments:n/a
Symptoms if they apply:n/a
Thoughts: C'mon reproductive organs!

I checked out your blog and I'm so jealous of your beautiful mountains! I want to live outside of this big city!

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
#190 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
filia: in TCOYF she says to not count it as day 1 but to add it to the old cycle. However, I think as long as you're consistent with either method it doesn't matter so much.
Thanks! Yeah I think I'll stick to *not* counting it as that would make my average period length 6 days instead of 5 (though back in high school sometimes it would be 7 or even 9 days long ahhh!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
filiadeluna - I set my alarm on the weekends if it is a crucial time of my cycle that I may o. If I am during AF or several days post-o, I don't always set my alarm to temp on weekends. You may be surprised how little you need to wake up to turn off the alarm and put the thermometer in your mouth. I normally have trouble getting back to sleep too but I don't wake up much to temp and some mornings don't even know I did it until I check the memory button for my new temp.
Haha good point!

-
#191 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I checked out your blog and I'm so jealous of your beautiful mountains! I want to live outside of this big city!
Thanks! I do love it here. I am originally from north coastal San Diego county in good ole sunny CA, so this is a big change! To tell you the truth, I wouldn't go back there if someone paid me though. Planning on moving to Oregon in a month for midwifery school, I hope I like it as much

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#192 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 02:16 PM

Alcyone - That would be a good idea, but I don't even own a cell phone I guess I'm really behind the times! I've offered to keep the alarm clock on my side of the bed but DH likes it on his side

Sunshine - I normally just get a tiny trace of ewcm one time and I'm worried that this isn't enough to do the job. One cycle I had it for a few days and I had real globs but I'm not sure why because it never happened again. I take 2 1300mg capsules daily. I have also heard about it delaying O, but I'm just trying different things hoping that eventually I'll conceive. The latest I've ever o'd is cd 31 and I'm on cd 27 so we'll see.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#193 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 04:28 PM

I think the reason you're not supposed to count spotting as CD1 is that it could be ovulation or implantation spotting.

Gillian - I think there's more ewcm inside than what you notice outside. Some people don't notice any ewcm at all!

oceane - last cycle when I never did O my poor dh went along with "any time now! any time now, I promise!" for THREE weeks before we just gave up bd'ing. We took a break for a couple weeks and are now back on a once-a-week-or-so schedule that we're both comfortable with. Now that I'm on a new cycle I'm not sure he's going to believe me when I start seeing fertile cm. My body faked me out a LOT last cycle and bd does get old if you're going past your normal comfort level for more than a few days.

I took my first day of soy this morning. No side effects that I've noticed so far. Here's hoping it helps me O earlier.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#194 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post

oceane - last cycle when I never did O my poor dh went along with "any time now! any time now, I promise!" for THREE weeks before we just gave up bd'ing. We took a break for a couple weeks and are now back on a once-a-week-or-so schedule that we're both comfortable with. Now that I'm on a new cycle I'm not sure he's going to believe me when I start seeing fertile cm. My body faked me out a LOT last cycle and bd does get old if you're going past your normal comfort level for more than a few days.

I took my first day of soy this morning. No side effects that I've noticed so far. Here's hoping it helps me O earlier.
I'm glad the soy worked so far. I suppose it's a much higher dose than you would have in a diet? I'm vegan and I love soy products, but I don't think it's the same?

yeah, it's really not like we don't like to BD, it's just a lot for me. funnily enough roles have really reversed here in terms of "how often" . well, I just got pre-seed, so I'm well prepared for next cycle.

hh2.gif

#195 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Sunshine - I normally just get a tiny trace of ewcm one time and I'm worried that this isn't enough to do the job. One cycle I had it for a few days and I had real globs but I'm not sure why because it never happened again. I take 2 1300mg capsules daily. I have also heard about it delaying O, but I'm just trying different things hoping that eventually I'll conceive. The latest I've ever o'd is cd 31 and I'm on cd 27 so we'll see.
Gillian28 - Gotcha. I don't get much either? I guess time will tell shortly if it causes a delayed o for you. The cycle I took it and got my BFP I o'ed earlier than ever (CD17 vs average CD25)? It is anyone's guess really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
songbird - :

I got my first itty bit of EWCM this afternoon. I don't think I am going to o though. My body is so confused. I guess DH and I better make a point to BD this weekend just in case.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#196 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Sunshine.... I really don't know how women get preggo before having a period.... I thought it was supposed to be a super fertile time after a MC. Not for me... I didn't ever O either. I thought for sure I would but nope. I hope you have a better chance then I did. But I have to say that I'm glad I got AF... it was just so much better knowing where I was in my cycle, even though a BFP would have been better.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#197 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 07:36 PM

Well, curiosity got the better of me despite the spotting and mild cramps, and I took a dollar store test & got a BFN. I'm not surprised. I mean, do you honestly think there could be any kind of implantation this late into my cycle? Doesn't seem plausible to me.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow, because I never have more than one day of spotting before full-fledged AF. I should have just waited it out, but no... :

-
#198 of 443 Old 10-12-2007, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

welcome marilyn82! hope your stay is short and sweet! would you like me to include your age or any other info on the list?

p.s. updated
#199 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 12:30 AM

Luna...

Take it easy on yourself. It is really, really easy to get let down when TTC - your hopes are up, you BD like nuts, you wait and wait and analyze every twinge on your body for two weeks, then...pffft. That said, you're only going to stress yourself further by focusing on the negative, and I think it really becomes a cycle. Another cycle down, you get more stressed, and stress is not good for ya, especially when TTC. Not to say that positive thinking is the fertility magic we've all been waiting for, but it certainly doesn't hurt anyone.

A little commiseration, though, if that helps...I got pg with my DD at 20, on the pill, in a reeeeeally bad relationship. Terrible timing. Now that I'm in a stable, committed, wonderful relationship, not on BC, and TRYING to get pg, it seems impossible!! I went off BC last Nov, got pg in Feb, m/c (blighted ovum) in April, took some time off TTC, and now here I am. In the dreaded yet oh-so-exciting TWW. It's a nailbiter as always.

What was so damn hard the first time!?! : Seriously. I went to the doctor because I was barfing and thought I had the flu - AF wasn't even a week late! The doc came in and cheerfully informed me that I was pregnant. If I had been 21, I may have drank myself into a coma. It was a blessing in disguise, but it took me a few months to settle into the new path.

But honestly, I am trying to be my own cheerleader this time instead of getting pissed at my body. So another for any of you ladies that need it. I hear eggs love positive energy.
#200 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACx View Post
Nah, my doc said to give it six months, so I have until around Christmas. He wants me to stop worrying about it and not try anything until that point. I guess that's why I was surprised to see so many people jumping ship so early. I don't want to be the only one on CD 180! lol

I started BCP for suspected PCOS when I was 16 or 17, then started Depo when I was 19. I stopped the depo when I was 22, tried a non-hormonal IUD for three awful months of non-stop bleeding, and then was on the pill for over a year to get my cycles back on track. Since stopping the pill, no cycles. He said I just need to give it time and be patient. Which would be easier if other people were being patient with me. :P
I so hear you! My doctor said I had to wait 6 months as well. I'm currently cd 217, and past 6 months, but I'm in insurance limbo, and don't want to be diagnosed with anything until after I get insurance! My issue I believe is stemming from Depo use as well, with suspected Insulin Resistance and PCOS. So, I'm being patient with you!

Oh, and I've been MIA lately due to some job changes and stuff. Sorry!

Wife to D (12/03) and totally smitten Mama to DD (4/05) DS (2/09) and expecting DD#2  6/23/11
#201 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuluna View Post
But honestly, I am trying to be my own cheerleader this time instead of getting pissed at my body. So another for any of you ladies that need it. I hear eggs love positive energy.
i love positive thinking! about a month or two ago one of the ladies on here told us all that it was "her month", and lo and behold, she got a bfp later that month. there's gotta be something to that positive thinking!

i'm having a bit of "TTC cold feet" this month. maybe it's because i'm feeling like it might actually happen now that my LP lasted 10 days last cycle, but a big part of it was the relization that if i get pg this cycle, i'll start feeling crappy right around thanksgiving, and it won't be over until about x-mas time. i don't want to feel sick when there's all that delicious food to enjoy.

when i spoke to dh about it, he was very ok with either path. his reasoning was, "what's the harm in taking a month off? just so that you can definitley enjoy the holidays without feeling sickly and tired." it's hard to argue with that. i dunno. then he said we should at least practice BDing before i'm fertile, just so we don't forget how when next month comes.
#202 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 10:24 AM

I'm 29 and TTCing my first, so I guess I can be here, right?

Name: Heather
Date:10/13
Where are you at in your cycle: cd 16/2 DPO
Appointments:n/a (missed my last---going to change midwifes anyway)
Symptoms if they apply:twinging like heck
Thoughts: at least I'm having fun trying

Come ponder with me about food!
#203 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 AM

I think I've ovulated! I'm so confused about it though. FF is giving me dotted crosshairs on CD 25. I did have a trace of spotting (like a tiny red dot) on CD 26 - but I haven't had a single trace of ewcm!!! I'm hoping and praying that there was some up in there. It's so weird that my first cycle on epo I actually have LESS ewcm than usual. And, because I didn't get any ewcm and I was trying to preserve my preseed until I did we only BD'd on CD 23 and then not til CD 26. Maybe FF is wrong and I didn't ovulate until CD 26 - that's the day I had the spotting so it makes more sense.

Oh well, I'm just happy I've ovulated! Now to relax and enjoy my first two weeks of pregnancy! (Is this too much positive thinking?)

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#204 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuluna View Post

Quote:

Oh well, I'm just happy I've ovulated! Now to relax and enjoy my first two weeks of pregnancy! (Is this too much positive thinking?)
positive thinking galore, I see... great! :

hh2.gif

#205 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

any of you ladies happen to remember if it's EWCM that floats, or "fallout"? i'm seeing quite a bit of something today, and i tried the float test, only to realize that i can't remember which one is supposed to float!

after a day's worth of questioning, we've decided to continue on with the TTC stuff this cycle. if it's meant to be then it will, and if not, that's just fine with me too. (where's the "om" smilie? )

ETA: welcome witchtgrrl! if you want anything else added on the front page, just let me know!
#206 of 443 Old 10-13-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I think I've ovulated! I'm so confused about it though. FF is giving me dotted crosshairs on CD 25. I did have a trace of spotting (like a tiny red dot) on CD 26 - but I haven't had a single trace of ewcm!!! I'm hoping and praying that there was some up in there. It's so weird that my first cycle on epo I actually have LESS ewcm than usual. And, because I didn't get any ewcm and I was trying to preserve my preseed until I did we only BD'd on CD 23 and then not til CD 26. Maybe FF is wrong and I didn't ovulate until CD 26 - that's the day I had the spotting so it makes more sense.

I had the same problem taking EPO. I noticed that it tends to cut down on my ewcm. : I hope you had swimmers ready to catch the egg.
#207 of 443 Old 10-14-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
welcome marilyn82! hope your stay is short and sweet! would you like me to include your age or any other info on the list?

p.s. updated
Thanks! I am 25 and I would like to add a link to my chart, but...um...don't know how I use FF if anyone can give me a quick tutorial that would be great

#208 of 443 Old 10-14-2007, 04:09 AM

Marilyn: Sharing > Home Page Setup
#209 of 443 Old 10-14-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
any of you ladies happen to remember if it's EWCM that floats, or "fallout"? i'm seeing quite a bit of something today, and i tried the float test, only to realize that i can't remember which one is supposed to float!

after a day's worth of questioning, we've decided to continue on with the TTC stuff this cycle. if it's meant to be then it will, and if not, that's just fine with me too. (where's the "om" smilie? )

ETA: welcome witchtgrrl! if you want anything else added on the front page, just let me know!
sorry, I tried to find the info in TCOYF but why is it that I know I've read it but would need to re-read the whole book now to find it??
yay for still trying. maybe you won't even feel that sick around christmas..

hh2.gif

#210 of 443 Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 AM

Well, I've been spotting for two days, and got full-blown AF this morning. Man, I had pretty bad cramps last night - had to take some pain killers. Oh, and my boobs are incredibly sore which rarely happens. I hate this time of month so much. I wonder if it will still last another four days, though, since I had two days of spotting? I usually only have one day of spotting prior to it starting.

BAH. So anywho, I started taking EPO this morning, along with my other pills I've been taking for awhile: Multi-Vitamins, Folic Acid, B6, and Vitex (started it a few days ago). I'm going out to buy some baby aspirin later.

I think I will pass on the BBT this month. I am afraid it will make me obsess even more. But then again, I'm afraid if I don't that I will not be sure when I ovulate (used OPKs last month) and will miss the mark.

What to do? :

-

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page