TTC #1 In Our 30s: OCTOBER-- Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 213 Old 10-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Zucchini!!! May your stay here be short & sweet!!!

Aimee - you can totally start tomorrow, and personally, I really like fertilityfriend, but other ladies seem to prefer ovusoft - I think they both have a free 15 day trial period..... FF has a totally free option which is more scaled down than the VIP version - Ovusoft is a software you have to buy and install - but you only have to pay for it once.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#62 of 213 Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
AF came today...I guess I am back on the 25 day cycle. I have decided to start charting. Where do I start? can I start tomorrow morning for this cycle even though AF came today? Is Fertility Friend helpful?

Thanks!

Aimee
I really like Fertility Friend. I have TCOYF and refer to it often, but FF is great for actually keeping track of the data. At first I thought I was going to chart on paper, but then I saw how easy FF would make things, so I changed my mind!

It's not too late if you start tomorrow. It's a great time to start!

FF has a charting course, but as long as you understand the basics, you'll be able to get started without going through the entire thing. You can definitely learn as you go.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#63 of 213 Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 PM

Zucchini, welcome!

FF's VIP trial period is 30 days. I use the VIP version (I just paid for another 60 days), but honestly, I think the free version might be just as good. I'm not sure which the VIP features are :. I probably don't even use them and could save my pennies!

#64 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 AM

sorry aimee about AF. i really like FF too. i find it really user-friendly and (IMO) easier to interpret than ovusoft. try the free vip membership.

welcome to TTC zucchini. this is an exciting time and i wish you the best.

GL Ilaria. a few cycles back i had a 15 day LP and then a 17 day LP and they just about killed me, so lots of hugs for the waiting. hope it ends in a bfp OR the beginning of the cycle that brings you one.

cupcake, i absolutely go through swings in the 2ww of thinking i am totally pregnant and then nope, no chance. hugs for the temp drop. glad you got the stuff i mailed you too. the self-massage makes my tummy so calm inside. hope you like it. may this be a healthy, zesty cycle for you.

kiya, i hear you on being freed from poas. me too. i've got better things to pee on! okay, that didn't work as a phrase but it does get a bit ridiculous all this peeing and the little opk progression lined up in the bathroom. mmm 18dpo? what's up with that??

guess i'm at the waiting to O. the silver lining on last month's 21 day cycle is here i am again ready to give it another go. i made a fertility altar in my garden at the end of summer, put all the baby announcements of friends for 07, lots of rose quartz, a fertility goddess, a letter of intent from me and sprinkled it with forget-me-nots. my heart felt heavy and hopeful when i started it but i like going out and adding things to it, like i need things to make this time feel more personal and spiritual to offset all the analysis and so forth. think i'll add a gourd this week.

hugs and strong cycles to you all.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#65 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

ZUCCHINI
CONGRATS AT YOU AND DH BECOMING 30 THIS YEAR! GL TTC!!!

If you would like to be added to the first page list please let me know

I use ovusoft really more out of the fact that was what I started with on the free trial and I just registered online, downloaded it online and paid the 1 time fee online (which was pretty cheap). I did try FF free trial and found them comparable. One thing, not a big thing, I don't like (or haven't figured out how to do) it to access my account from another computer to add info. If the software isn't downloaded I don't know if they have a web access. Wasn't really a big deal though. I would just write down the info and transfer it when I got home.

Wow Poet, your fertility garden sounds lovely! And tummy massage... where do you get your info?

Radiowave - for AF! Congrats on charting. I really have learned so much more about my body since I started (which wasn't too very long ago). I was the niave woman who considered what they taught in healthclass in 9th grade THE WORD! Now I realize I don't have 28 day cycles.

earthymama2b - for Fertell test and I totally relate to the not wanting to POAS! I think the shorter days, blahing weather and all this emotional stress is overwhelming to me. At least I can control some emotional stress by boycotting the AIM sticks! Junk food on a camping trip sounds yummy

Vegancupcake - for temp drop.

Illaria - Did you get the chart icon linked they way you wanted? And GL this month, it aint over until the evil, evil, Aint Fun (AF) shows up! I always had late BFPs.

Jencat - Ummmm beer of the month club. That sounds yummy! And I totally know what you mean about things under your nails. I usually have my not super short but now claws either and I can't stand when I get dirt or anything under them. And wearing gloves.... ewwww! You would think it was like acid making them ache. I can't stand anything touching the tips of my toenails and fingernails. Weird I know!

Angela, Michelle, Mischiviem et. al. - how are you guys doing? Autumn weather treating you well?

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#66 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 AM

Catherine, thanks for the advice on how to insert a chart and make it a link. However, I must be doing something wrong because I am only able to put the chart icon next to the link, but haven't been able to make the chart icon a link to my chart.

Welcome, Zucchini!!

Still no sign of AF and another BFN this morning. My temp was up again. So, who knows what is going on! Of course I am hoping for good news. Thanks for all of your support!

anthropologist mama to sweet 4-year-old boy

#67 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Illaria, sorry the siggie isn't working out!

Poet, thank you so much for sending that information! It's wonderful. I love self-care, even though I don't take enough time to do things like that. Your fertility altar sounds so nice.

#68 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM

Hi all,

I am 13 DPO today and temps continue to climb. My cervix is very high, but long, firm and closed -- maybe -- i think. I can't reach the tip, sorry if TMI.

Tested yesterday morning, at 12 DPO, and it was negative. Meanwhile, boobs were killing me until this morning and now they are heavy and swollen, but less painful; you can also read every vein on my body and chest. If i were a statemap, there'd be no dirt roads. Finally, I am really growing fond of naptime, but have begun to accept loondom, as in, this may all be in my head.

Any thoughts?
#69 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi,
I am Katie.
I am ttc my first babe and I am 34. We have been trying for 2 cycles and no luck yet. Maybe third time will be the charm!
#70 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecelia7 View Post
you can also read every vein on my body and chest. If i were a statemap, there'd be no dirt roads
Hey Cecelia, I've got my : for you.

But really I'm chuckling over "no dirt roads" image because ever since I started TTC, I've been analyzing every hint of blue on my skin each 2WW, trying to remember if this is the way it's always looked or if it's more "map-like" than usual. Oh, the things that excite me these days...
#71 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 03:39 PM

Cecelia, it really does sound promising!

Katie, welcome! Laura's our threadkeeper this month; she can put you in the first post.

Sweet Pea, you and I are cycle buddies this month! (I'm becoming a chart stalker .)

#72 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 04:09 PM

OK guys, I'm back!

Sorry for my hiatus. I was in the miscarriage blues part of my "cycle".

But!

Now, we have a real plan. I went to my midwife appointment today, the one that I set up months ago, hoped would turn into my first prenatal, called turned into my first prenatal, then had to turn back into an annual, this time with extended talking about the miscarriages time.

First off, everything has finally returned to normal after this past miscarriage.

Next, at least together, we can get pregnant. This can often be the hard part.

The plan:

No TTC this cycle (which is fine with me since I'm gone for the next 2 weekends anyways, when we likely will be Oing).

Next cycle, 7 DPO, go in for thryoid and progesterone tests. If these come back abnormal, then my MW can treat me for this. If they come back normal, she recommended seeing a Dr. who specializes in this that they work with for further testing etc.

She also recommended seeing the other Dr. in the first trimester of my potential next pregnancy, then transferring back to the midwives for the remainder, which I would be more than happy to do.

So, there we go!

A plan.

I'm feeling a little more optimistic over here today at least .

Hugs and love to all, and welcome to the new members! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed to do personal responses here, but I'll totally work on getting back into that.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#73 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Catherine - that's great, I could use a cycle buddy. I was kind of sad about AF, but then realized that I can finally take some cold medicine which I've been desperately needing : but afraid to take during the 2WW. Oh, also, I was just catching up on prior posts and saw yours about the HPTs at the store's front desk. I can just imagine the clerk's reaction to a typical TTC "bulk purchase" of 10 HPTs, 2 of each brand/variety, and 20 OPKs to keep in reserve in case of 10 BFNs. I now buy internet cheapies because the last time I went into the dollar store to stock up, the cashier gave me a sidelong glance and asked me if I was "running a clinic."

Poetgirl: Your garden sounds lovely! I've been planting crocus, daffodills, scilla and muscari lately, concentrating on the image of the bulb "gestating" over the next seven to eight months and being "born" in the spring. It's a little silly, but it makes me feel like I'm connected to the cycle of the year and open to whatever fertility the universe can offer. If nothing else, it makes me happy in late winter when they start to emerge from the ground promising that spring is around the corner.

Ilaria, fingers crossed! Looks like you've got a 2WW plus some "bonus" days. Keep us updated.

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 2
Appointments: I see an endocrinologist next week to make sure that my thyroid situation is in order
Symptoms if they apply: the AF usual
Testing: None for now, opks starting CD 14
Thoughts: I'm happy because my last cycle was only 33 days, the shortest in 6 months! (I'm hypothyroid and was having looooooong cycles all summer until my meds were properly adjusted)
#74 of 213 Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM

Welcome SweetPea! Nice to see new faces around here, and hope your stay is short and sweet for all the right reasons.

and now I'll do the meme:

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 22, I normally ovulate btwn 16-21, but the miscarriage threw it off this month, and I'm not sure if it will even happen!
Appointments: I just had an appt. today (see last post), and will go in next cycle at 7DPO for some testing.
Symptoms if they apply: Nope!
Testing: Not even going to test or really TTC this month, since its the miscarriage cycle.
Thoughts: Finally happy to have a plan .

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#75 of 213 Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecelia7 View Post
Hi all,

I am 13 DPO today and temps continue to climb. My cervix is very high, but long, firm and closed -- maybe -- i think. I can't reach the tip, sorry if TMI.

Tested yesterday morning, at 12 DPO, and it was negative. Meanwhile, boobs were killing me until this morning and now they are heavy and swollen, but less painful; you can also read every vein on my body and chest. If i were a statemap, there'd be no dirt roads. Finally, I am really growing fond of naptime, but have begun to accept loondom, as in, this may all be in my head.

Any thoughts?
: Oh, things sound VERY promising, very promising INDEED!!! When are you testing again??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illaria View Post
Catherine, thanks for the advice on how to insert a chart and make it a link. However, I must be doing something wrong because I am only able to put the chart icon next to the link, but haven't been able to make the chart icon a link to my chart.

Welcome, Zucchini!!

Still no sign of AF and another BFN this morning. My temp was up again. So, who knows what is going on! Of course I am hoping for good news. Thanks for all of your support!
Illaria - to make a link to your chart, you have to start with the [url = MyChart]chartsmilie[/url] That should do it - without the spaces, and putting in the real stuff, obviously!

: for you as well!!! Oooh, so exciting, I hope we get a crop of BFPs!!

Glad to hear that you have a plan, Michelle, and that things are settling back to normal!

Poetgirl - that altar sounds WONDERFUL!! *sigh* I'm such a lazy pagan.

Sweetpea - oh, I love the idea of planting bulbs!! Gah! I don't know what's going on with my outdoors - I need to rent a tiller.

Where are you at in your cycle: CD50something? 20DPO - had some spotting yesterday, so I'm just waiting for AF to show. No, I haven't tested. I figure - if the spotting was implantation (at 18/19DPO? what's the chance??) then I would get a BFN, and if it's AF gearing up, I would get a BFN - so why test? Yes, I'm disgustingly logical.
Appointments: Nothing.....
Symptoms if they apply: Nothing - well, some horrific gas/bloating/belly complaints..... but nothing else. Not even any signs of AF, really. I dunno.
Testing: Nope. Maybe Saturday, if AF has't shown up by then.
Thoughts: There's utterly no way I'm pregnant. :

#76 of 213 Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Hello Ladies

Can i join in too? I am new to this forum. TTC for 6 months now. Seems like forever. Currently at 7 dpo. But I don't seem to have any symptoms at all such as cramping or sore boobs. I have seen in many forums that people get symptoms as early as 4 dpo. Does this mean that this cycle is a bust for me?
#77 of 213 Old 10-10-2007, 03:12 PM

I'd like to join as well. We're in our first cycle of TTC, however I charted to avoid for 3 years prior to this. I'm actually at 7 DPO and plan on testing 10/18, if AF has not arrived by then. My LP has been 12 - 13 days for a while now, so that should be safe.
#78 of 213 Old 10-10-2007, 03:39 PM

Welcome magsen and kemaji! :

#79 of 213 Old 10-10-2007, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
welcome to the new people! and thanks for the support on charting!
I've started on fertility friend and so far it is painless...now if I could just get up at the same time every day (my work schedule can be a bit hairy)...

How many cycles do you think you would have to try before you or your DP got tests done?
My DH had an operation when he was younger that could (the doctor said it is a very small chance) cause issues with his sperm...I am not interested in doing any interventions (like insemination or fertility drugs) should there be a problem...I have always planned to adopt along with physically having children...if there is a problem I would like to start the adoption process right away...thoughts?

Aimee, ttc#1

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#80 of 213 Old 10-11-2007, 09:28 AM

Hi everyone. I'm new. This is my second month TTC but the first month was a wash since we didn't get our timing right. I'm 35 and turning 36 at the end of the month. According to FF I should O this weekend.

Your Name? Piccolina. Well, not really but I have a very distinctive first name so I'll stick to Piccolina online.

What's the most obnoxious thing about ttc? Having sex on demand. It kind of kills the mystery.

Where do you live? Italy

What's your favorite hobby? Cooking, gardening and the web. Travelling in Europe.

Favorite "Af just arrived" consolation food? Red wine - seems pretty popular around here.

Most exotic place you've been? Macchu Picchu, Peru.

If you could pick, would you want a boy or a girl? Either is fine with me

Last item you bought online? A strapless bra to wear under a dress for a wedding.

What's your dream vacation? A week away with OH probably somewhere in Europe like Madrid or Croatia.

Are you working outside the home? Yes. Office job.

Something about you that no one would guess? I used to be painfully shy as a child.

Last book you read? The Sack of Rome by Stilles - great book about Italian politics.

What are you avoiding by being on the computer today? Work
#81 of 213 Old 10-11-2007, 09:58 AM

Oooh! I want to do this too.

Your Name? kemaji (30 years old)

What's the most obnoxious thing about ttc? when i think about it too much, i tend to have mini-panic attacks. how can i POSSIBLY be ready to take care of a baby!?!?! that's not necessarily obnoxious, but that's what i think about the most.

Where do you live? Ohio

What's your favorite hobby? i don't have just one: photography, knitting, cooking, travel

Favorite "Af just arrived" consolation food? i'm more of a champagne/sparkling wine girl, but won't turn my nose up at any kind of wine.

Most exotic place you've been? Nepal, Zimbabwe, Thailand...take your pick

If you could pick, would you want a boy or a girl? boy first, then girl.

Last item you bought online? clothing

What's your dream vacation? A week away with OH probably somewhere in Europe like Madrid or Croatia.

Are you working outside the home? no, i'm currently looking and am also in grad school.

Something about you that no one would guess? my favorite tv show even now is The West Wing. i can't get enough of it.

Last book you read? my finance textbook

What are you avoiding by being on the computer today? homework
#82 of 213 Old 10-11-2007, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

MAGSEN, KEMAJI, PICCOLINA, ZUCCHINI, CECELIA7 AND KATIE34

I have added the info gleaned from your messages on the front list! As they say, may your stay be short and sweet (and full of afternoon delight!)

I have been very busy lately with only moments to pop in MDC so I finally was able to take some time and read a bit. 3 year anniversary was Tuesday, finishing up the quarter round on the floors (they look awesome! and I am very proud of myself for doing the work even though I think I have arthritis now I am headed to my sister's for the weekend and going to there garlic festival which is at the local vineyard.... I know I am not driving....gulp, gulp! She just found out her favorite doggy (yellow lab) has cartilage cancer and she is faced with a bad decision either way (amputate - he is over 200 lbs. or put to sleep). So I hope I can be some support... the 13th is her 38th bday too. I called my doc and told him I want to postpone my surgery until Novemeber. I really can't get the time off work now. We have surveyors coming in.. UGH! This cycle was so abnormal than my others... AF at CD27 (who knows how many DPO since I wasn't chart queen) and I only bled for 2 days (my norm is 4-5) and it was, to not be too graphic, very tissuie (new word) and clotty (LARGE and MANY). I NEVER have that! I am going to ask if the HSG would've caused that!

Michelle - glad you have a plan. I know I felt better when I felt like I could take some proactive action. : for ya!

Cecelia7 - : roadmaps sound very promising!

Radiowave - GL with charting! I think it is amazing what our bodies tell us!

I will be unavailble with a computer Friday - Sunday but will add any new members when I return and keep everyone in my thoughts while I am gone! Red Wine and Garlic Icecream await ... ewwwww (not the red wine though.....yum)

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#83 of 213 Old 10-11-2007, 01:26 PM

Magsen, Kemaji & Piccolina!! May your stay here be short and sweet!!!

Magsen: I'd say jsut as many people GET early symptoms as there are people who don't - it ain't over til AF shows!!

: for you, Kemaji!!!

Wow, Laura, you HAVE been busy!! Sounds like you are having fun though....

Aimee you might want to check out the Fertell test - it's only 99 bucks, tests DH's sperm concentration and motility - and it's easier to convince him to go in a little cup at home than it is to go to the doc and go in a little cup. You should do it sooner rather than later - just to see if it's something you need to be concerned about/possbily work on...

Well, AF has shown up - exceptionally long LP this go around (21 days?) but I'm not totally sure my O date was right. *sigh* That just means I'll be dealing with a THREE week wait.

I was/am considering taking the female portion of the Fertell test - but I'm not sure if THIS should be CD1 or CD3 from Fertells point of view, as I had a TINY bit of a spotting over the last two days. You have to take it RIGHT on CD3 - and..... I'm not sure. So.... *sigh* I think I'll hold off again, til next month.

DH & I have started taking the Fertility Blend..... ya know what? I might actually take the Fertell test on FF's CD3, because I KNOW we are going to buy another one after 3 months to retest DH - and another for me will be in there as well. So, yeah. I think I might.

#84 of 213 Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 AM

Hi everyone.
I am so sad to write that I need to take a break. DH and I just had a terrible fight. Awful. I don't know if it was the anniversary, him being out of work, things up in the air, all of it...but somehow, it's a mess. I think we have to take a break from ttc and work on this stuff. I'm devastated. I don't know what to say. Everything has become so heavy. I've tried so hard to keep it positive. I hope we can make it through this and get back to our dream of having a baby soon. I hope you all find yourselves in better places with this process. :
You've been so great. I'll lurk a bit to congratulate bfps which I hope you all get, but I think this is it for a while. I keep hoping I'm miraculously preg. this month and that's just the way it is, but somehow I don't think so.
hugs and more hugs

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#85 of 213 Old 10-12-2007, 05:07 AM

Really sorry to hear that, poetgirl.

I hope your issues are resolved soon.
#86 of 213 Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Jennifer, !!! I know what you mean though! DH and I had our 3 year anniversary Tuesday and we were fighting so I cancelled the reservations and went to the movies with a girlfriend. I know that at least 50% of the problems are from the stress of TTC and the infertility things. I hope you find strength here when you need it and I will be thinking of you all!

Wanting a baby isn't always sunshine and roses for everyone!

#87 of 213 Old 10-12-2007, 10:37 AM

Jennifer, I'm so sad for you, , but I think you're doing the right thing.
I know the stress of having DH be out of work. Mine was from Dec '05 to Dec '06, at first because of illness, and then later depression kept him from actively looking. We had one of our worst fights ever when we had spent down our savings and I was considering a second job to keep us afloat. My MIL suggested that if I became pregnant, he would "have to grow up" - but I wasn't so sure. If I had become pregnant but was still the sole breadwinner, then what? What if I needed to go on bedrest? Sometimes its best to tackle one issue at a time. Taking a break from TTC, although heartbreaking, may be the wise thing to do.
#88 of 213 Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Poetgirl -- I hope you and your DH can work through this.
#89 of 213 Old 10-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Poet- Big, big hugs. This process can be so devastating, and it really does take a toll on relationships. I hope that taking time to focus on the two of you will be a helpful and productive process. I think it's really important to remember why we want to have children in the first place, and, for those of us who are partnered, why we made that choice as a couple. Because the truth is, it's hard- getting pregnant is hard, having a baby is hard, parenting is hard. Wonderful, amazing, and great, but hard. I really do think that if you spend the time now to strengthen your relationship, it will serve you well when that baby comes. And it is coming- one way or another, the life that's meant to enter your own will find you.

All of that said, I know it just feels so crappy to fight with the people you love. I'm really sorry you're going through this right now. Know that you are in my thoughts.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#90 of 213 Old 10-12-2007, 12:21 PM

Poet!!!

Me & DH have had a COUPLE of huge fights over the TTC process - and one or the other of us has said - well, maybe we should stop TTC'ing - but somehow, it seems like the bigger the blowup, and the more shocking it is, the more we work HARDER to fix things - because we know, without a shadow of a doubt, that we wanna have a babe together - and well, it's good to get the hard stuff at least on the table, or generally worked out before then, ya know?

I hope I'll see you back here soon, sharing your BFP with us....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page