Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1054 Old 12-13-2007, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
I need more quinoa in my life too!

I only have 1 recipe. Broccoli and quinoa salad with an asian type dressing. SO yum!
But according to taditional chinese medicine I should not eat raw veggies....so that one will not work for me.
would it not taste as good with steamed broccoli? All the bananas I bought are still green well, what am I expecting, they're shipped from across the planet.

hh2.gif

#302 of 1054 Old 12-13-2007, 09:54 PM

Hey veggies, just checking in. CD26 and still waiting to O. Hope I get the chance to conceive some time this month! I changed my username, so no longer A-Veg, now just a veggie. (I know, lame joke, sometimes I can't hide my nerd glasses, even online).:

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#303 of 1054 Old 12-13-2007, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Hey veggies, just checking in. CD26 and still waiting to O. Hope I get the chance to conceive some time this month! I changed my username, so no longer A-Veg, now just a veggie. (I know, lame joke, sometimes I can't hide my nerd glasses, even online).:
I didn't think I'd seen Snow~Pea here before! I hope you O soon.
I'm at CD19, approx. 5DPO. I really hope this is my month - AF is due on Winter Solstice (Dec. 22), and we have talked about doing a Solstice party with our closest couple friends, who know we are ttc. I would love to get a BFP that day and tell them the news!
: Just wanted to use this smiley because it's so cute!
#304 of 1054 Old 12-13-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLaz View Post
I didn't think I'd seen Snow~Pea here before! I hope you O soon.
I'm at CD19, approx. 5DPO. I really hope this is my month - AF is due on Winter Solstice (Dec. 22), and we have talked about doing a Solstice party with our closest couple friends, who know we are ttc. I would love to get a BFP that day and tell them the news!
: Just wanted to use this smiley because it's so cute!
That would be a very festive way to celebrate and share the news of a BFP, I will : for you. And, I know what you mean about the smilies, I just love this one . I went a little nuts with smilies the other day in the 20's thread, kind of had a smiley-tantrum. Better be on my best behavior or I might get a smiley time out.

#305 of 1054 Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Yet another Christmas party tonight. This time DH's work. So not looking forward to whatever they are offering as the "vegetarian" option. Likely swimming in cheese.

I hope this is your month Amy. And by the way you are in no way (ahem) "older" now. I didn't even start TTC #1 until I was 34,

DH asked me if I have "a line" about why I won't be drinking tonight if anyone asks. I'm like "I am sure they already think I am a complete health freak (being vegan) so i doubt they are even gona give it a second thought".

CD 7, will O sometime this week.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#306 of 1054 Old 12-14-2007, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I hope this is your month Amy. And by the way you are in no way (ahem) "older" now. I didn't even start TTC #1 until I was 34,
Thanks

Quote:
DH asked me if I have "a line" about why I won't be drinking tonight if anyone asks. I'm like "I am sure they already think I am a complete health freak (being vegan) so i doubt they are even gonna give it a second thought".
Very Convenient
#307 of 1054 Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
like the name much better. I think usernames with numbers are a hassle (oops, veganmama I only write veganmama anyway) so yay for snow pea!
by the way: we're EXACT cycle buddies, today's my CD 27, too, and also STILL waiting to. let's get on with this...

Quote:
Yet another Christmas party tonight. This time DH's work. So not looking forward to whatever they are offering as the "vegetarian" option. Likely swimming in cheese.

DH asked me if I have "a line" about why I won't be drinking tonight if anyone asks. I'm like "I am sure they already think I am a complete health freak (being vegan) so i doubt they are even gona give it a second thought".

CD 7, will O sometime this week.
I hope your dinner goes ok. you're gonna be the weirdo, not drinking and not eating "real food". welcome to my life

hh2.gif

#308 of 1054 Old 12-14-2007, 04:43 PM

I have to tell you about what I got at my work Christmas luncheon! When I RSVPed, I told them "no animal products", but did not have a lot of hope. Lunch was served buffet style, so I stood in the line with my colleagues and figured I would do the best I could with the steamed veggies or whatever. As I was standing there, a woman from food services came up to me and gave me a plate with a beautiful arrangement of grilled portabello mushrooms, eggplant, bell peppers, and squash! Then later as I was sitting at the table eating, the chef came in and told me all about it, hat in hand. It was very good--a little salty (my blood pressure probably went up 20 points that day!), but very tasty. So there is hope!

I'm 3 DPO. My test date is Christmas Eve.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#309 of 1054 Old 12-14-2007, 04:53 PM

so we have amylaz and you to root for currently. hopefully snowpea and I will jump on the train soon. seeing that I have had 10 day lps in the past christmas eve can still work if it happens soon. but I wouldn't test, no way am I hiding sticks from my mom

hh2.gif

#310 of 1054 Old 12-14-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
like the name much better. I think usernames with numbers are a hassle (oops, veganmama I only write veganmama anyway) so yay for snow pea!
by the way: we're EXACT cycle buddies, today's my CD 27, too, and also STILL waiting to. let's get on with this...
Thanks, I didn't like the numbers either. I like your name because all of the letters are the same size.
I am getting impatient with my ovaries! And, this morning my thermometer went insane, so maybe I did already O and just don't know it :arrrrrg!

#311 of 1054 Old 12-15-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't like the numbers either. I like your name because all of the letters are the same size.
I am getting impatient with my ovaries! And, this morning my thermometer went insane, so maybe I did already O and just don't know it :arrrrrg!
I usually type that way, too. it's not that bad in English (I TRY to get the capital I) but in German it's really wrong. my laziness is triumphant, though. another low temp this morning. if I will finally get some dry days I'll just include them in my lp count later because it seems temp shift and cm don't correlate. so TCOYF says my body reacts slowly. I prefer that to "short lp"

hh2.gif

#312 of 1054 Old 12-16-2007, 04:13 PM

bumping us up to ask snow pea how things are going with ovulation. like it's any of my business, right?

hh2.gif

#313 of 1054 Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
bumping us up to ask snow pea how things are going with ovulation. like it's any of my business, right?
Well, my temp yest with the new thermometer was low, def a pre-O temp. I slept thru my alarm this morning, and did not temp because I forgot to before I got up. This is the first month that I have tracked my CM, or attempted to track my CP, so that is not conclusive. But last week I had what I have read on here is fertle CM, which made me think I had alread O'd based on that. I dont have TCOYF though, and have not read any info on tracking CM or CP, so I am really just making educated guesses on that part of it based on comments from MDCers. Guess the short answer is no O yet.
How about you?

#314 of 1054 Old 12-17-2007, 12:26 PM

CD 10 here and getting ready to O. I had a nice temp drop this morning although I'd prefer to O a bit later, like CD 12 or 13. Anyway.

The food at DH's Xmas party sucked. I ate a plate of steamed veggies basically.

Veganmama was already taken which is why I had to stick numbers on the end,

Good luck to all of you testing at Christmas. I am contemplating testing on New Years Eve. If it is positive that would bea great way to start the new year and if it is negative I can say "oh well, on to a new year, the year i WILL get PG again", right?

Have a great fertile day everyone!

#315 of 1054 Old 12-17-2007, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Veganmama, that's lame about the party food. They should have just thrown some sticks and tree bark at you :
I'm on CD 23, approx 9dpo. AF is due on Dec 22/23, so I think I will buy a 2-pack of Answer Early Result Tests and POAS with FMU on Friday the 21st, which would be approx 13dpo.
#316 of 1054 Old 12-17-2007, 04:08 PM

I can't wait for amylaz's result!!

me: well, yeah, low temps. as usual. I did have a higher one on sat but I also slept in so it's not reliable. still low this morning. I have no fertile cm anymore, though. hoping to see the shift by the end of this week. I'm eating apples with marzipan and drinking tea= my yummy attempt at relaxation

veganmama, I'm sorry you'd rather ovulate a LITTLE later, boy do I not know that feeling

we'll be the 2008 pregnant vegan crew. though all in the 2ww have permission to still get 2007 BFPs!

hh2.gif

#317 of 1054 Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Temp was up a little this morning, but not much. I can't believe I am on CD30 already and no O, what a weird cycle!

Quote:
we'll be the 2008 pregnant vegan crew. though all in the 2ww have permission to still get 2007 BFPs!
We could be the preggie veggies :

#318 of 1054 Old 12-17-2007, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We could be the preggie veggies :
We should start a tribe!
#319 of 1054 Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 PM

Good idea! But of course, we have to get pregnant first. Small matter, that!

#320 of 1054 Old 12-18-2007, 11:31 AM

that's why I said in 2008, I'm really confident we'll all get there next year! that's all the positive thinking I have today. low high-ish temp today. fingers crossed.

hh2.gif

#321 of 1054 Old 12-18-2007, 12:21 PM

Hey everyone!

Preggie veggies, I love it!

Amy, I stalked you (ha ha) over on the one thread. Your spotting sounds VERY promising. I usually don't put much stock in other symptoms before AF is expected (becasue they could be PMS related) but implantation spotting is a very good sign!
So excited for you.
"Throw sticks and bark at me", LOL! That's pretty much what it felt like!

oceane, I know it sounds crazy that I want to O later, However, I worry that CD 10 is not long enough to get a good lining built up, KWIM? In general though I agree that it would be hard to be a late O-er. There is much less waiting to O when you O early. I know you are trying the grapefruit juice to move up O. Anything else?

AFM, CD 11 and it looks like I did not O yesterday. YAY! I got a very faint second line on a IC OPK last night so I assume the line will be darker today and I will O tomorrow or Thursday.

#322 of 1054 Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Gee, that was kind of a downer from me yesterday, wasn't it? Sorry about that!

Low high-ish temp, huh, oceane? Do you think you O'ed? Too early to tell?

#323 of 1054 Old 12-18-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Vegancupcake - I didn't think it was a downer at all, just a statement of fact

Thanks, Veganmama - I'm starting to get excited :

Oceane - possible O temp??
#324 of 1054 Old 12-18-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Gee, that was kind of a downer from me yesterday, wasn't it? Sorry about that!

Low high-ish temp, huh, oceane? Do you think you O'ed? Too early to tell?
don't worry, this positive vibe is unusual for me, but I really really wanna be in that club, as we all do

It is higher than the last 8 temps, so that looks promising. It's day 4 after the peak day, though, which again makes me think I might already have ovulated and it just shows late, kwim? either way is fine.

veganmama, nope, nothing else. but I stopped the juice when I first saw EWCM; and we all know that's like 10 days ago next cycle I'll be more consistent.

hh2.gif

#325 of 1054 Old 12-18-2007, 07:54 PM

My temp jumped almost half a degree today, so maybe I O'd: I was also kind of shaky and dizzy today, thats weird. I know is a little soon for those kind of symptoms, but its never too soon for imaginary symptoms!

#326 of 1054 Old 12-18-2007, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I was also kind of shaky and dizzy today, thats weird. I know is a little soon for those kind of symptoms, but its never too soon for imaginary symptoms!
Never!
#327 of 1054 Old 12-19-2007, 12:01 AM

I've been mulling something over since yesterday, and I wanted to get some veggie feedback on it.

I ran into a woman (about my mother's age) yesterday whom I have known for a while, and who also knows my mother-in-law, and thus, sort of knows my DH. When DH and I got married, I was vegan, and he was omnivore. And that's still the way it is. And thus it ever shall be, unless and until DH decides to go veg.

Yesterday, this woman said, "I'm so curious to know what's happened with your eating since you got married. Have you changed what you eat, or has your DH?" And then she smirked while I answered. (My answer was that neither of us have changed much, but I've tried to help him eat more fruits and vegetables.)

Has anyone else encountered the "passing fancy" attitude to your lifestyle from others?

#328 of 1054 Old 12-19-2007, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

VeganCupcake, I hear that all the time. What's especially annoying to me is when people call veganism a "diet" as if it were a fad. Blech. For me it's an ethical lifestyle. Also, some people understand that I don't eat animal products, but it really blows their mind that I don't wear leather, wool, fur, etc.
#329 of 1054 Old 12-19-2007, 12:52 AM

My DH and I work together, so I get this a lot. Some times it is just casual curiosity. More often it is more mocking, like "does DH put up with the vegan thing at home?". Then they are shocked when I tell them that he does mainly eat veg when at home. We eat together when we are together, and so that means we eat vegan. I have only been vegan for about 9 months, and it was a very quick decision when I made the switch. I told DH one day, and the next day when he went grocery shopping there was no meat in the bags. There really wasn't even much discussion about it. He is still definately a meat eater at heart, he would never go to a steak house and order a baked potato and side salad, but he understands the health benefits of avoiding meat/dairy too.

Guess who broke into the smiley vault

#330 of 1054 Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM

first of all, I find it hilarious how your partners' friends, colleagues, parents etc scream "deprivation" for them while they themselves seem to not care in the least! mine is vegetarian and lactose intolerant so it's no hassle at all here.

but yes, I do get this attitude. I don't have any colleagues right now and my old friends have accepted it by now. But my dad continuously asks us whether we want some fish/steak etc, to which I answer "no, dad!!!" he seems to forget it more than care about it though. my mother has stated that it'd be easier for her if I was vegetarian (which makes no sense since they aren't either). I feel that people who say that usually have very little to no information and only know you or few vegans. it seems very inconvenient for them, I guess, since they only view the elimination part of the diet. also, all of sudden the worst eaters become nutrition specialist and know all about healthy diets, of which veganism very much isn't one. obviously. what really bugs me is the comments about my future kids though, even friends of ours have sternly asked me if I plan to continue this diet during pregnancy. good thing they don't know we're trying.

amylaz, i've had somebody tell me that he wears leather because if he started thinking about that, too, in addition to his vegetarian diet, it'd be too difficult. proves my point

hh2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page