Any Vegans TTC? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1054 Old 12-24-2007, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLaz View Post
Okay, don't count me out yet! I posted earlier that AF started yesterday, CD28, right on time at 14dpo. Well... what I thought was AF was post-sex bleeding that stopped. Nothing more. I last tested on Friday, 13dpo, BFN. My period should have started yesterday, today at the latest, but nothing. Sooo... since I don't temp, I don't know for sure when I've ovulated, I just approximate based on dates and symptoms. Now I'm thinking I may have ovulated later than I calculated, and what I thought were implantation cramps on CD20 may have been ovulation pains. If I O'd later, basically anytime between CD 14-20, we would still be covered BD-wise. Today is CD 29. I need to go to the store tonight, so I think I'll pick up a three pack of tests and start POAS tomorrow morning if no AF :
So I tested this morning with FMU...

: : BFP!!! : :
#362 of 1054 Old 12-24-2007, 09:13 AM

OMGosh! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#363 of 1054 Old 12-24-2007, 09:37 AM

yay, congrats!! with that catalog of symptoms it was about time!!! here's to great news on christmas eve.

the reunion was very relaxed, I talked to a couple of people I hadn't seen in 5 years and nobody seemed much different. oh, and nobody yelled at anybody or something similar.

now I'm just hoping for vegancupcake and snow pea.

veganmama, ovulated yet? I think I finally might have. but even if I did I'm only 2 dpo with HORRIBLE timing. we had counted on the 10 ewcm days before. I'm trying to just be calm and wait and see.

happy holidays to those who celebrate. happy days off to everyone else

hh2.gif

#364 of 1054 Old 12-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Congratulations Amy!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#365 of 1054 Old 12-24-2007, 01:59 PM

After I posted my congratulations to Amy, I tested myself.

#366 of 1054 Old 12-24-2007, 03:37 PM

Whoa, lucky day for the vegans! : Congratulations Amy and Catherine! oceane, we need to jump on this band wagon! I still have a couple more days before I can test, and my temp was really low this morning, not sure what that is about.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#367 of 1054 Old 12-24-2007, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! What's your EDD? Mine is August 31, and with my history of going early, the baby will be born some time in August.
#368 of 1054 Old 12-25-2007, 02:29 AM

Mine is September 2, and I'm guessing the Cupcake baby won't make an appearance until at least the 15th.

I'm still feeling pretty weird about this--is it really true? It hasn't sunk in yet.

Snow~Pea, oceane, veganmama, I sure hope you can join us soon. I am scared of a DDC all by myself--I need a buddy!

#369 of 1054 Old 12-25-2007, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Mine is September 2, and I'm guessing the Cupcake baby won't make an appearance until at least the 15th.
We shall see... I know "they" say that first babies are likely to be late, but my first was early and I know lots of ladies who popped early the first time

Quote:
I'm still feeling pretty weird about this--is it really true? It hasn't sunk in yet.
Yeah, that does take a while. Try telling a few people - that'll make it real

Quote:
Snow~Pea, oceane, veganmama, I sure hope you can join us soon. I am scared of a DDC all by myself--I need a buddy!
:

Happy Holidays Everyone! My kiddos are busy playing with all their Christmas goodies right now. DH and I are relaxing for a bit, then it's off to MIL's for the annual Christmas Dinner - this year she's even making a few vegan dishes : I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
#370 of 1054 Old 12-25-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Congrats to you too! WOW!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#371 of 1054 Old 12-25-2007, 11:49 AM

woohoo catherine, congratulations!! lucky thread!

snow pea, the last 3 days I took the temp at my usual time, so I guess I can say I'm 3 dpo. darned timing!!! If my next follicular phase is shorter, I suppose I could still have a september or early october baby? fall would be nice.
I'm really crossing my fingers for you, though. veganmama and I will just join you later oh, and the other more quiet vegans, too.

hh2.gif

#372 of 1054 Old 12-25-2007, 11:50 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!
Hope you are all having a great holiday!

#373 of 1054 Old 12-25-2007, 11:51 AM

snow pea, with creamy cm later in the cycle you can also have a temp drop, it needn't mean anything. or hopefully it means implantation and nothing unwanted. with amy and catherine and veganf throwing some babydust I'm really trying to be optimistic here!

hh2.gif

#374 of 1054 Old 12-26-2007, 01:33 AM

I hope everyone had a great day. We had a big family to-do that was nice and fun, but the food was pretty dismal for a vegan. My mother-in-law asked me to make a cheeseball, which DH and I did, and she assured me that there would be plenty of vegan-friendly dishes, but all of the "salads" were mayo-based or the Jello variety. Oh well!

Quote:
Yeah, that does take a while. Try telling a few people - that'll make it real
I told my mother this morning on the phone, because she's very far away, and I thought it might make her Christmas, but I immediately regretted it! She's not the kind of person one tells things, KWIM? Anyway, I relished the secret today at all DH's family activities.

#375 of 1054 Old 12-26-2007, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

oceane, Veganmama and Snow~Pea I have my : for you guys for a BFP soon!

We did Christmas yesterday with DH's family, and my MIL made three vegan dishes, plus she made me a vegan birthday cake (today is my 32nd BDay) : Awesome! We have told all of our family about the baby at this point, and everyone's excited - my mom even said that when she saw me a week and a half ago she thought I was pregnant! This really has been my best Christmas and birthday ever My kiddos will be spending the night with my parents tonight, and DH and I will be double dating with our best couple friends at my favorite Indian restaurant that has an amazing vegan section on their menu :
#376 of 1054 Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 PM

happy birthday amy!!!

now available for chart stalking purposes: click the whale. thanks. while you're at it: I disagree with ff already. I don't think I ovulated until way later, until day 31 at least, because before I never crossed the 36.2°C threshold.

hh2.gif

#377 of 1054 Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 PM

Happy Birthday Amy!

I had a good day yesterday, DH and I went to my dad's. I got my sister to make vegan green been casserole(in the 500 vegan recipe thread). I made Festive Chickpea Tart, and cranberry sauce, and vegan chocolate cake with mint chocolate frosting, all from the last VegNews. The chickpea dish was awsome! So good, I def recommend it. The cake was great too, and soooo easy. I was really excited that I made my own frosting(I know, it really doesn't take much). Dad bought me a vegan cook book, I am so proud of him.

FF changed its mind today when I got my 3rd temp in a row below the coverline, now says I have not ovulated. Guess it is my turn for the crazy-long-weird-f'd up-ttc cycle.

#378 of 1054 Old 12-26-2007, 09:09 PM

Happy birthday Amy! :

oceane, so sneaky hiding your chart in the whale! I like it! Y'know, I tend to agree with FF--it seems like the most likely O date. What is the 36.2 threshold?

Snow~Pea, what cookbook did you get? I got myself Veganomicon for Christmas, but I haven't really had time to look at it. Very exciting! VegNews, sounds like I need to get that.

Snow~Pea, your chart does look anov so far. Sigh. Sorry.

#379 of 1054 Old 12-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Wow!!! Congratulations Amy and Catherine!

I've been away at the outlaws for the last 3 days. Obviously there is a lot to catch up on but DS needs me now (of course!).

I'm very happy to come back to this great news,

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#380 of 1054 Old 12-27-2007, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! Veganmama, glad to see you back - "outlaws" - that's hilarious! I need to start reading my birthday presents - Veganomicon and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Feeling a little queasy this morning, though
#381 of 1054 Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 PM

Amy, I got myself Veganomicon for Christmas, and I am so excited!

#382 of 1054 Old 12-27-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Happy birthday Amy! :

oceane, so sneaky hiding your chart in the whale! I like it! Y'know, I tend to agree with FF--it seems like the most likely O date. What is the 36.2 threshold?
I just meant I didn't go above that temp much before. BUT considering cm you and ff make sense!

Quote:
Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! Veganmama, glad to see you back - "outlaws" - that's hilarious! I need to start reading my birthday presents - Veganomicon and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Feeling a little queasy this morning, though
didn't some people on here mention they'd never get that cupcake book out of fear to get bigger and bigger ? I'm so wanting it!!!

hh2.gif

#383 of 1054 Old 12-27-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Snow~Pea, what cookbook did you get? I got myself Veganomicon for Christmas, but I haven't really had time to look at it. Very exciting! VegNews, sounds like I need to get that.

Snow~Pea, your chart does look anov so far. Sigh. Sorry.
The cookbook is The Complete Vegan Kitchen by Jannequin Bennett. Looks really good and has 300 recipes. Haven't had a chance to make anything out of it yet though.

#384 of 1054 Old 12-28-2007, 05:37 AM

ladies, I'm out for this cycle. this is getting old : I hope the pregnant vegans stick around to chat!

veganmama, any more tips on having an earlier ovulation date? since you knew about grapefruit juice, maybe you have other secrets to share?

edit: i'm also literally out for the week, and offline with that. so I hope to come back to more good news and hope you all have a fun new year's.

hh2.gif

#385 of 1054 Old 12-28-2007, 03:30 PM

oceane, I'm so sorry to hear you are out this month. I fear I am too as my temps are NOT promising at all at 8 DPO. I guess I'd rather know early though rather than imagining I am PG right up to 15 DPO.
I think Vitex tend to move O up for some women too.
Hugs!!!

How is everyone else today?

#386 of 1054 Old 12-28-2007, 04:05 PM

oceane, sorry to hear you're out. Yeah, I would try Vitex. Did you mention once long ago that you can get it in Germany? I can't remember. . . . It helped me with that problem.

Veganmama, keeping my for you.

#387 of 1054 Old 12-30-2007, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Just checking in with my vegan buddies

Veganmama - you are 10dpo, right? Anything happening?
oceane - I know you're offline this week, but I hope AF isn't being too hard on you
Snow~Pea - what's going on with your cycle now?
VeganCupcake - did you see this thread in the I'm Pregnant forum about avoiding agave nectar during pregnancy? http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=816538
Apparently the saponins in the agave can cause serious uterine contractions. I haven't used it in the past, but I was about to go get some to stock my vegan pantry on the advice of Veganomicon - guess I'll hold off!
Has anyone here ever heard of this?
#388 of 1054 Old 12-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Amy, yes I saw that! It leaves me without much to use as a sweetener, since I don't use sugar. I bought a big jug of maple syrup and have yet to try sweetening normal things with it--hopefully my veggie sushi won't turn out to maple-y from now on.

I think I'll have to hide the agave so I don't use it accidentally!

#389 of 1054 Old 12-30-2007, 09:26 PM

I'm out, AF showed up yesterday before I woke up. I started spotting on Friday, so I wasn't surprised. I think that I did ovulate on cd30, which makes sense with a 12 day lp. I haven't had a chance to update because my sister and her 2 kids are staying with us for the week. I am babysitting now, and my 7mo old nephew is trying to help me type this. This is tough, don't know how you nak'ers do it! Happy New Years!

#390 of 1054 Old 12-31-2007, 04:00 PM

Happy new year everyone (in case I don't get on here tomorrow).

I'm sorry about AF Snowpea! She is so mean.

Thanks Amy, you are right, I am 11 DPO now. But not very hopeful. AF should be here on Friday.

We are still sick as dogs. I have been sick since Dec 21st and its getting really old. DH and I cannot hear each other as both of our heads are so congested so we spend a lot of time screaming "what?what?"at each other, LOL!

How are our preggos feeling?

Happy, fertile new year thoughts for everyone else.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page