Any Vegans TTC? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeeeehaaaaa, our first BFP on the thread!!!!

Blow some babydust around woman!!!! Especially over here, I'm old I need it more, LOL!

Congratulations!!!!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Veganf, did you take another test this morning?? Darker Line??
Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Oceane, what's going on with ovulation???
Old 11-07-2007, 06:40 AM

congrats veganf!! ok, now I need your oops pattern analyzed, give me your meal plan, what teas you drink and if you exercise

thanks for asking amylaz! it's always the same pattern: good cm, then one higher temp (36.3°C), then back down the next day, a dry day, then better cm... that was the same way last cycle. : today I had 36.2 so I HOPE it's a slowly rising pattern, which I think MAY indicate other problems but could still be ovulation. After this cycle I'll probably take one cycle off temping, ( can I handle that ), it's not helpful to be annoyed every morning.
I will get my second blood test results tomorrow, see if thyroid is doing good. I don't feel a difference, I guess I thought it would magically shorten my cycle. I have to wait 30 mins after taking eat before I can eat breakfast, and I'm starving in the mornings, so it better work

maybe I can do a flickr site or something with my charts...

hh2.gif

Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 PM

Oceane, I have thyroid issues too. Fortunately my TSH is good now but you defintely gotta keep on top of that!

I am 6 DPO but my temps are trending down. I was pretty hopeful too as my timing was PERFECT, we used PreSeed, I am having a lot of creamy CM (Unusual for me after O but could be all the supplememnts I took earlier in the month to help with CM).

But yeah, I am old for TTC.

Not sure what I will decide to do, the fall/winter is really not a good time for me to have a baby in my job. Well, really there is no good time but fall/winter is worse.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
congrats veganf!! ok, now I need your oops pattern analyzed, give me your meal plan, what teas you drink and if you exercise
Wellllll...we dtd on days 6, 7, & 18 : ...I am only doing water aerobics at the moment.
Um...I went through a week of Tofutti pizza cravings that week . And Blue Moon beer and Cider Jack hard apple cider in the evening quite a bit earlier that month. : And drinking lots of Mother's Milk Tea. And I take Deva vegan DHA, VegLife multivitamin, AllFlora probiotic, and eat lots of leafy greens.
Hope it helps!

And here's that baby dust for you all!!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 11-07-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
Wellllll...we dtd on days 6, 7, & 18 : ...I am only doing water aerobics at the moment.
Um...I went through a week of Tofutti pizza cravings that week . And Blue Moon beer and Cider Jack hard apple cider in the evening quite a bit earlier that month. : And drinking lots of Mother's Milk Tea. And I take Deva vegan DHA, VegLife multivitamin, AllFlora probiotic, and eat lots of leafy greens.
Hope it helps!

And here's that baby dust for you all!!!
I stopped reading after " pizza"

hh2.gif

Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM

LOL oceane!

I am 7 DPO today. Temp went back up a bit today but it's too early to tell anything at this point.
If I wasn't so old, I'd be pretty optimistic this cycle but that last 5 cycles have certainyl taught me that TTC at 40 is different than TTC at 34 and 36!
Wish me luck!

My parents are visiting right now, I am having fun feeding my dad tofu. My dad managed a steak house for 30 years and had never tried tofu before he was here in the Spring. My mom says he had always refused to try it. But he liked the tofu/veggie stirfry with peanut/hoisin sauce I made them last time. Tonight it is green Thai curry with Jasmine rice.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM

veganmama, you make me hungry, too! I wish you much much luck that this is it!
my thyroid is now excellent (0.97), so I'm good there. but that has nothing to do with veganism anyway.
now my focus is on exercising (how often have I said that?) and relaxing.
amylaz, I got a 36.3 again today, could this possible be it? maybe I have a slow-rise pattern. we'll see tomorrow.

hh2.gif

Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
veganmama, you make me hungry, too! I wish you much much luck that this is it!
my thyroid is now excellent (0.97), so I'm good there. but that has nothing to do with veganism anyway.
now my focus is on exercising (how often have I said that?) and relaxing.
amylaz, I got a 36.3 again today, could this possible be it? maybe I have a slow-rise pattern. we'll see tomorrow.
Hey oceane, I temp in C too. 36.3 is a really low pre-O temp for me but it is amazing how different everyone is!
My thyroid issues are not vegan related either. I was a complete omnivore when I was diagnosed.
Oceane, how about yoga? Then you can combine exercise with relaxing? I started it a year ago and I love it. My Wednesday noon Power yoga class is tough but I feel so great afterwards. I run 3 X a week, do yoga 2 X per week and light weights plus crunches 2 X per week.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Hey oceane, I temp in C too. 36.3 is a really low pre-O temp for me but it is amazing how different everyone is!
My thyroid issues are not vegan related either. I was a complete omnivore when I was diagnosed.
Oceane, how about yoga? Then you can combine exercise with relaxing? I started it a year ago and I love it. My Wednesday noon Power yoga class is tough but I feel so great afterwards. I run 3 X a week, do yoga 2 X per week and light weights plus crunches 2 X per week.
you're like 100% fitter than I am... I have thought about yoga but I have a hard time signing up for the class as I am all by myself there and, well, a little shy there's one on saturday, I think I should go. it's a really cheap deal also.
I thought maybe my low temps would be due to thyroid, but obviously they aren't now. I guess I just am a cold person...

hh2.gif

Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

All this talk about exercise is making me tired

I'm usually pretty good about running 3-4 times a week, but only in the spring and summer! I'm a 6 months on, 6 months off kind of exerciser :
Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM

I ran only for about 10 years until a year ago. Then I lost about 15 lbs and started feeling really good. The yoga and the weights are new things I didn't add until I was 39. Flexibility and loss of muscle mass as things that start to happen.

Now with my healthy vegan diet and my excercise I can even wear a bikini. Hopefully people aren't looking too close because there are some definite stretch marks.

So this morning my temps are looking pretty good.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1bc515

So I decided to POAS (bear in mind that I am only 8 DPO so I truly am insane) but I did have a bunch of internet cheapie tests that I got when I ordered my OPKs. 99.9999% of the population woul dswear that it was a stark white BFN. But I kind of wonder, if I squint at it and hold it at different angles, if there might not be a ghost of a shadow of colour where the 2nd line should be.

Yes, I am nuts.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:30 PM

post the pic and we can take a look. though, on second thought, better don't, I'm notoriously bad at spotting the faint lines...

hh2.gif

Old 11-09-2007, 03:42 PM

If they're cheapo tests there's no reason you can't just keep testing each morning!! This is so exciting. I hope in a few days there's a definite 2nd line.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 11-09-2007, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Yes - test again tomorrow morning and let us know!
:
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 PM

You weird vegan people are a very bad influence!

You're supposed to say, wait a few days and if your temps stay up test again at 12 DPO or later.....

Old 11-09-2007, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You weird vegan people are a very bad influence!

You're supposed to say, wait a few days and if your temps stay up test again at 12 DPO or later.....
But that wouldn't be any fun for us
Old 11-10-2007, 03:29 PM

**&^%% I woke up too early this morning, HAD to pee so I temped and it was way down so I didn't bother to POAS. Then I temped again at my regular time and it was back up again but obviously I cant use that temp.

So annoyed.

And today I am sick with a sore throat, a bit of a headache and just generally don't feel well. Along with the complete, beautiful ferns on my saliva scope last night, I'd say those where good signs (LOL) but that temp has really depressed me.

Plus, since I am not feeling well, I can't go see my new nephew Noah. I'v eonly seen the kid 3 times in 3 weeks becasue one weekend my kids where sick and I didn't want to risk it.

I am not a happy vegan today.

Oh except that my total omnivore dad said he is totally impressed with my vegan cooking,

Old 11-10-2007, 06:40 PM

I had a very low temp this morning, too, throwing my ovulation security out the window. but now I think it's just a fall-back pattern. I won't temp again till tuesday and see.
veganmama, wait to test till it's 14 (!) dpo!! and get better

I made some raw cashew "cheese" minicake today, awesome! now if I just eat things like that in terms of sweets I'm good!

hh2.gif

Old 11-10-2007, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

veganmama719 - That stinks about being sick : Hope you're on the mend soon.. I love that your dad was impressed with your cooking! I try to cook for omnis as often as I can so they can see that we eat more than twigs and bark and aren't deprived at all
oceane - Please share your recipe for the raw cashew "cheese" cake :
Old 11-10-2007, 10:30 PM

People are looking for more protein ideas in the July DDC, so I just posted a huge list of favourites. Even though they're all vegan, I'd assume there are some things omnis will think sound yummy.

get well vibes to you, veganmama!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:14 AM

LOL, now I have an actual excuse to go to the July DDC...to check out veganf's post!
oceane, I agree, post your recipe!
Amy, I love cooking for omnis. I am a good cook too so I always love how "suprised" they are, LOL!

Temp was back up this morning, 10 DPO. BFN on the internet cheapie though.

Still sick.....

Old 11-11-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Veganf, I just checked out your protein thread for some dinner ideas! Glad you're spreading the word whenever you see the chance!
Veganmama, sorry about the bfn, but the temp trend is looking good - it's only 10dpo :
Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
LOL, now I have an actual excuse to go to the July DDC...to check out veganf's post!
oceane, I agree, post your recipe!
Amy, I love cooking for omnis. I am a good cook too so I always love how "suprised" they are, LOL!

Temp was back up this morning, 10 DPO. BFN on the internet cheapie though.

Still sick.....
I SAID wait till day 14 i'm still hopeful for you.

veganf, I'll check your thread out, too. one can never have enough ideas...

well, I checked this raw blog, if you scroll down there's a recipe for mango cake. I did a different crust, I used the same amount of walnuts and dates (1/2 cup each as it was a test but that was nowhere near enough, it was more like a tiny piece of bread with a tiny amount of sandwich spread . I didn't want to waste things, but next time i'll make more). So I'd say use more, just put in pretty much the same amount of each. Well, I did add 2 additional dates. I also added cocoa powder to give it a chocolate-ish look and taste. blend all three ingredients in a food processor, until it sticks together. now my food processor SUCKS so it didn't stick in it, but when I took it out and firmly pressed it into a form it was good.
for the cheese layer I used her recipe: cashews (again I didn't make enough), unsoaked, I left out the honey and used a tiny amount of agave nectar and added lemon juice. I tasted more like lemon than anything else but very good. again, blend it till it's smooth and like a mini dough. I pressed it on top of the crust and chilled it. obviously I left out the mango layer, too lazy.

sorry I have no exact amounts to share, it was a first try. I liked it very much though, as it was very sweet.
ok, off to check good protein sources...

hh2.gif

Old 11-11-2007, 12:16 PM

the protein list is in the morning sickness/hyperemesis thread.

Today I'm making black bean & pumpkin quesadillas out of my new Pumpkin cookbook. Yum!

Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 PM

veganf, on your list I read kale sunflower burgers... do you make these yourself? how?

hh2.gif

Old 11-11-2007, 01:42 PM

I believe I'll be joining you ladies here very soon. Since I don't have the money for a laproscopy right now and I paid out of pocket just to have a doctor tell me, yeah it's probably endometriosis, I'm going to give the change in diet/lifestyle a chance. My dh said he'd go the distance with me as long as I let him cheat every so often. I'm pretty much going to be following the elimination diet (no wheat, gluten, dairy, meat, sugar, processed foods, very little soy). Hopefully I'll get this part time job at The Natural Food Store here (really creative name, huh?) and it won't strain me financially like I'm worried about. Can't wait to get a recipe arsenal together though.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Old 11-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
veganf, on your list I read kale sunflower burgers... do you make these yourself? how?
I cut & pasted this from my recipe submission on VegPeople. And I was also asked to submit it to our CSAs newsletter recently. Popular!

My oldest used to call these "cookies" before he'd had a real cookie. I personally like to dip them in ketchup or mustard.

----

This is adapted from a Veggie Pate recipe in the cookbook: Cooking For Life, by Cheri Calborn & Vicki Rae Chelf. Instead of juicing some of the vegetables, I like to just throw everything in a large food processor and pulverize!

Feel free to substitute more or less kale for the spinach (which is why I call them "kale" sunflower patties, because that's what I usually do...I often use only kale : ) or collards, swiss chard, etc.
Also, I've made these without any flour before and they've turned out fine, so if you're on a gluten-free diet it will not be missed, or add rice flour instead. If you like, you can also bread these with some breadcrumbs (but I usually don't).

You can also substitute half the sunflower seeds with nuts like walnuts, almonds, etc.

Kale-Sunflower Patties

1 pound potatoes (~3 small)
4 medium carrots
1/4 pound spinach (~1 bunch)
3 large kale leaves
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (optional)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
1/4 cup tamari (soy sauce)
1/2 tsp. sage (or substitute rosemary &/or oregano)
1/2 tsp. marjoram
5 garlic cloves, pressed
pinch of cayenne pepper
spray olive oil for the baking sheet

Preheat over to 350F.
Chop greens and place in bottom of food processor, followed by cut up potatoes and carrots, then the remaining ingredients. Turn on the food processor. You may have to stop it a few times and push some of the ingredients back down to the bottom a few times.
Shape into patties (and bread if you like) and place on an oiled baking sheet. Bake 40-50 minutes, flipping once half way through cooking.

Makes ~8-12 patties.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I believe I'll be joining you ladies here very soon. Since I don't have the money for a laproscopy right now and I paid out of pocket just to have a doctor tell me, yeah it's probably endometriosis, I'm going to give the change in diet/lifestyle a chance. My dh said he'd go the distance with me as long as I let him cheat every so often. I'm pretty much going to be following the elimination diet (no wheat, gluten, dairy, meat, sugar, processed foods, very little soy). Hopefully I'll get this part time job at The Natural Food Store here (really creative name, huh?) and it won't strain me financially like I'm worried about. Can't wait to get a recipe arsenal together though.
Welcome!! If you need any encouragement please feel free to come by and ask, vent, etc. I hope the change in diet helps you.
And I hope you see those 2 pink lines soon!

- Krista

User Tag List