Any Vegans TTC? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1054 Old 11-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, I missed a lot this weekend.

Yum, chickpea cutlets!! I'm gonna have to make me some of those. And I ADORE homemade cranberry sauce. So easy too, I agree. I started making it last year and will never go back, it is so freakin' easy too! I had been plannin gon making something fairly elaborate for myself at Christmas (at ILs) but chickpea cutlets are probably a whole lot easier, good idea!

Amy I am sorry about AF, hugs!!

Good luck to those of you in the 1 ww!!!! I will be cheering for you! I am 1 DPO myself so I have a long wait. Hopefully I won't obsess as much this cycle.

Nice to see you VeganF, spread some of that nice babydust around would ya?

I saw my 5 week old nephew yesterday and I ovulated so I am hoping the fresh baby juice will help, LOL!

Oh, I'm in Ontario but grew up in Vancouver.

Have a great fertile day everyone!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#242 of 1054 Old 11-26-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
my chart isn't online but yes, I ovulate late. Actually I have not had the same length cycle since January when I went off BCP. I only charted since, I don't know, may or so, and always different lengths, but mostly shortish lps). I'v ehad 30 days at least before o. I consider using ff just to show the charts off can one actually delete one's account there or is it there forever?
I know you can delete your charts, but I don't know if you can close your account. . . .

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#243 of 1054 Old 11-27-2007, 12:09 PM

Good morning ladies,

I saw an ad for Tofurkey feast in the supermarket flyer last night. Has anyone ever had this? It's a stuffed tofu roast with dumplings and gravy.

I had been planning on making myself and my kids some kind of a stuffed squash or a tofu roast for Christmas (us and 29 omnivores) but honestly, as we are travelling to ILs, I wonder how much time I will have to do this.

This might be the simplest thing.

On the fertility front I had another acupuncture session last night and will have one more today.

The chinese herb "tea" still tastes really disgusting.

2 DPO.

Have a great fertile day everyone.

#244 of 1054 Old 11-27-2007, 12:45 PM

I've had the roast with gravy and stuffing. It was ok, but I never really liked the taste of the tofurkey itself. You might like it!

12 DPO, AF expected tomorrow. Temp is still higher than it has been at this time of my cycle before, but I feel a bit like AF will get here. The boobs aren't as tender as they were yesterday, and a decrease in that is a bad sign. : I had high hopes this month . . . .

#245 of 1054 Old 11-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Catherine, I wouldn't rule yourself out yet. I swore that I wasn't PG the cycle I conceived DD. It wasn't until 13 DPO and my temps were still up that I got curious and ecided to test.
Good luck to you!

#246 of 1054 Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning Vegan Mamas and Mamas to Be!
VeganCupcake, has AF arrived yet? : for you that she hasn't!
Veganmama, stuffed squash sounds yum I actually don't like tofu at all - my Omni husband loves it and doesn't understand why I don't! I've asked him to get me Veganomicon for Christmas. I really want to try the chickpea cutlets.
I am on CD4 here - thinking fertile thoughts for all of us!
#247 of 1054 Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 PM

No, AF hasn't appeared yet . . . . I had a terrible night's sleep, slept for a couple of hours on the couch, and then woke up at 5:00 a.m. (an hour before I usually do), so I decided to temp, but my thermometer didn't work! I finally got it working, but I don't know how much to trust my temp. It's down a bit. I didn't test this morning, either. I think AF will appear today or tomorrow. I did have one LP that was 13 days. Maybe this is a repeat of that. Ah, the gloom again! :

Last night I had a moment of zen and felt confident that everything would be ok, no matter what happens this month, or next, or whenever. But I've lost my zen this morning!

#248 of 1054 Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Catherine, I'm sorry you lost your Zen.
Hugs, I hope AF stays away.

Amy good luck this cycle.

AFM, 3 DPO and nothing to report!

#249 of 1054 Old 11-28-2007, 05:11 PM

oooh, 3 dpo... let the lurking begin

vegancupcake, I really really hope the slightly lower temp doesn't mean anything, or only pro-baby things!!!

any news baby baby mommy???

I don't even know what CD, 8-10ish (yes, I could look it up), I will start temping now. I never do the first week, but with the grapefruit juice I want to be on the safe side it's actually doesn't taste bad at all. Day off tomorrow, yay! The internship is ok, I'm really my own boss more or less and only work 5 hours/4 days a week, so it's perfect for lazy me. But I ALWAYS do the same actions: scan, modify, save, scan, modify, literally the same movements even. So that will get to me. But hey, only 5 more weeks and something nice to add to my resume. i'm really not unhappy there, which is a good thing. this lady's hard to please anyway.

amylaz, if you don't like tofu or fake meats at all I don't know if veganomicon is for you. I haven't seen it but I have Vegan with a vengeance and I think it has too many seitan/tofu recupes. very "meaty". i'm not smitten with that book and I do like some tofu dishes and am always up for a good old burger Have you checked what types of dishes are in there?

hh2.gif

#250 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 PM

I love my Vegan with A Vengeance. It is true that it has a lot of tofu recipes. I only make 2 of those though, I am a tofu-once-a-week kind of gal. My DH LOVES the Stewed Tofu with Miso Gravy and I like the Green Thai Curry.
But mainly I like her side dishes and breakfasts etc. The Maple Mustard Glazed Potatoes with String Beans are to die for. Perfect for potlucks because they can sit out all day at room temperature. Omnis go wild over them too.
And her pancakes (I make them with whole wheat flour and amaranth though) are delish. Don't even get me started about the "fronch" toast. So yum!

We eat a lot of beans and lentils.

4DPO and I smelt "garbage smell" in the fridge last night. I doubt it is a PG symptom because it is just too early but DH laughed and patted my belly because the only other time this has ever happened to me is when I was PG (first trimester) with DD. I literally could not open the fridge door for 3 weeks without feeling sick because of the (to other people non-existent) smell. I made both DH and our cleaning lady (I miss her LOL!) cleaning lady clean it out. Still couldn't open the door!
it was definitely not this early though so it is likely just a strange coincidence!

#251 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 PM

Any update Vegancupcake???????? I wish I could stalk your chart.

#252 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmmm, sounds promising Veganmama!
VeganCupcake - what's happening with you??
Oceane - glad the internship is working out right now - hopefully it won't get tedious!

I have read sooo many good reviews of Veganomicon that I just have to get it! Everyone says that it masters the "texture" issue that so often comes up in vegan cooking.
#253 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 01:18 PM

Thanks for thinking of me! Yeah, AF is here. Blah. Oh well. Another cycle!

#254 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLaz View Post
Hmmmm, sounds promising Veganmama!
VeganCupcake - what's happening with you??
Oceane - glad the internship is working out right now - hopefully it won't get tedious!

I have read sooo many good reviews of Veganomicon that I just have to get it! Everyone says that it masters the "texture" issue that so often comes up in vegan cooking.
well, isa IS a vegan chef celebrity I'm really wanting the vegan cupcakes book. I guess somebody else on here likes them, too It's so hard to decide, I also want Sarah Kramer's books... I do have some creamy cm already, only day 11. that is way early. we'll see. I'm not in a trying mood just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Thanks for thinking of me! Yeah, AF is here. Blah. Oh well. Another cycle!
I do find the idea of testing around New Year's Eve quite appealing, but i'm sorry nonetheless. But yes, another cycle so yay for us!

veganmama, must be tempting to get your hopes up with such a similar symptom! I'm gonna start chart stalking now...

hh2.gif

#255 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 PM

Oceane I have one of Sarah Kramer's books. The latest one, La Dolce Vegan. I don't love it to be honest. Some of the recipes are a hit. The Carrot soup with ginger (I always through some cooekd red lentils in there for protein and iron too). BUt some of them are pretty blah.

I could no way buy Vegan Cupcakes Rule the World. I would weigh 300 lbs!

VeganCupcake, I am sorry about AF. Hugs to you!!!

#256 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

VeganCupcake.
On to the next cycle! I currently have AF and am on CD#5, so we're pretty close cycle wise.
#257 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I currently have AF and am on CD#5, so we're pretty close cycle wise.

I'm on CD5, too! Happy to have a cycle buddy
#258 of 1054 Old 11-29-2007, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_baby_mommy View Post
I'm on CD5, too! Happy to have a cycle buddy
Cool!!!
#259 of 1054 Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 AM

I'm losing track, is anyone else in the 2 WW?

GL to all of you in a fresh new cycle, Amy, baby_baby_mommy, VeganCupcake and anyone else I missed.

I already have the feeling this one is going to be a bust for me. I shouldn't let it get to me but my temp was down this morning (it's only 5 DPO so it doesn't mean AF is coming at this point) but being told constantly by the medical community that I only have a 5% chance each cyle is not really confidence-boosting!

I will feel better tomorrow when I am home with my kidlets putting up the tree,

Have a fertile day everyone!

Edited to add several hours later: that I cried at work this morning. And I work with pretty much all guys (of the extra-testoterone variety, I am a stockbroker). Hopefully no one saw me. My door was closed but I have one glass wall. I have no idea why I am so freakin' emotional today. Sooooo glad I opted out of the office Christmas party tonight!

Can you imagine, LOL???? It''s at a steak house for crying out loud!

#260 of 1054 Old 11-30-2007, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Veganmama, maybe the temp is an implantation dip? And perhaps you cried because of the beginnings of a hormonal shift...
Glad you decided not to go to the office party - at a steakhouse you could only have gotten a salad and baked potato anyway
#261 of 1054 Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Good call, Veganmama. Ugh, I hate steakhouse iceberg lettuce salads!

I just RSVPed for a Christmas lunch at work, and they asked me if I wanted prime rib or chicken royale. I'm told they do a really good job of accommodating people with various dietary needs, but we shall see! I told them I ate *no* animal products, so if I get something cheesy, I'm going to be frustrated.

It reminds me of a Mexican restaurant DH and I went to with his family a few weeks ago. They actually had a vegan section on the menu, and (against my better judgment) I ordered something that was labeled "Vegan" without asking any questions. It arrived with a bunch of cheese and sour cream on it. I sent it back. The second time, it came back with just sour cream on it. I sent it back again! The third time, it truly was vegan! Yay!

#262 of 1054 Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
It reminds me of a Mexican restaurant DH and I went to with his family a few weeks ago. They actually had a vegan section on the menu, and (against my better judgment) I ordered something that was labeled "Vegan" without asking any questions. It arrived with a bunch of cheese and sour cream on it. I sent it back. The second time, it came back with just sour cream on it. I sent it back again! The third time, it truly was vegan! Yay!
That describes my experience at every restaurant except Asian and Indian ones!
#263 of 1054 Old 12-01-2007, 06:16 PM

Just checking in, I haven't been online much this week, so am a little behind. I am CD14, and actually have a very low key-not trying to get my hopes up-good feeling about this cycle. I have a lot of CM, and thurs I was very close to calling it EWCM. I also bought some preseed.
I have Vegan with a Vengance, bought it online last month, but haven't made anything from it yet. I agree with whoever said it is very tofu heavy. I have a deal with myself that I have to start using it before I can buy any more cook books, lol. DH is making black bean soup today, so house smells good. And he is putting up the Christmas tree despite my protests, and now that it is lit, I am secretly happy that he did. Is it just me or did this holiday season really sneak up?
Good luck to all the veggie-mamas in the making this cycle!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#264 of 1054 Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 PM

A friend just made me some vegan spelt donuts (I have a wheat intolerance) and OMG - I haven't had donuts in like 5 years and I had three all at once and I'm probably going to pass out in half an hour. Sugar makes me feel crazy! But donuts are so yummy!!!!!!!
#265 of 1054 Old 12-02-2007, 04:05 PM

i'm around o, getting into baby making mood... we stayed at my mil's this weekend so contrary to veganmama's advice I had like ONLY sugar and soy fake meats. why can she not serve some vegetables? In fact I forgot about it, but it was no healthy weekend for sure. oh well, can't help it now.

hh2.gif

#266 of 1054 Old 12-03-2007, 11:48 AM

LOL, ocean, once in awhile won't kill you. And there are plenty of vegans that get PG without avoiding soy. Go over to veganfreaks.net
There are some PG vegans there who did not avoid soy before O.

Thanks for all your support guys. I wish I could say my crying on Friday was the begining of a hormal shift Amy, but my temps don't look promising at all at 8DPO (chart in siggie) and I am just not "feeling" it this month. I told my acupuncturisy about the crying and he adjusted my herbs this week. Hopefully that will help, LOL!

Apparently there was a "vegetarian" option on the menu at the office Christmas party on Friday. No doubt full of cheese though.

We put the tree up this wekend too as my 3.5 and 5 year olds were chomping at the bit, LOL! Normally we would have put the outside lights up this weekend and the tree next weekend but the weather outside was frightful,

Have agreat fertile day everyone!

#267 of 1054 Old 12-03-2007, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

We did our holiday tree trimming this weekend as well! Last night we all piled on the sofa and admired the tree and sang carols
I am on CD9, and AF is just finishing up - ugh!
#268 of 1054 Old 12-03-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
LOL, ocean, once in awhile won't kill you. And there are plenty of vegans that get PG without avoiding soy. Go over to veganfreaks.net
There are some PG vegans there who did not avoid soy before O.

Thanks for all your support guys. I wish I could say my crying on Friday was the begining of a hormal shift Amy, but my temps don't look promising at all at 8DPO (chart in siggie) and I am just not "feeling" it this month. I told my acupuncturisy about the crying and he adjusted my herbs this week. Hopefully that will help, LOL!

Apparently there was a "vegetarian" option on the menu at the office Christmas party on Friday. No doubt full of cheese though.

We put the tree up this wekend too as my 3.5 and 5 year olds were chomping at the bit, LOL! Normally we would have put the outside lights up this weekend and the tree next weekend but the weather outside was frightful,

Have agreat fertile day everyone!
I know I just wanted to be your good student. that said, off to get my grapefruit juice fix

amylaz: maybe the wait to o will appear shorter that way? just trying to see the light...

hh2.gif

#269 of 1054 Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
We did our holiday tree trimming this weekend as well! Last night we all piled on the sofa and admired the tree and sang carols
I am on CD9, and AF is just finishing up - ugh!
I'm CD9, too, and my . was so early and long and strange this time, too (just finally tapered last night...I think!). Let's get some nice O and good sticky BFPs
#270 of 1054 Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Amy, you may get PG right away coming off the Pill, many women are more fertile then.
Nuvaring worked for me!

I'm vegan too, and my MO is to just not tell people unless they need to know. I might mention it casually, but I'm sure not going to ask if it's ok with my doctor, because as long as it's OK with me, that's the way it is going to be.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page