Mothering Forum banner

40+ It's Autumn ~ Time for Change

29K views 933 replies 40 participants last post by  speedknitter 
#1 ·
Here we go ladies. We were hanging out in Summer when we need to move on to the next season in our lives. May this one be filled with the fullness of harvest.

#55 ·
Laurie - I would wait until you are late if you can. Your chart looks very good though. Fingers crossed for you.

I think I'm out. I'm feeling very pms-y today. I have a headache which I always get just before AF. The strange cramping is gone. I think AF will show tomorrow. It's okay though. We weren't really trying but I was a little hopeful.

Good luck to everyone else!

#58 ·
Oh, massaginmommy, you're killing me!

Although, I must say, I had an awesome-looking chart this month, with an "implantation dip" around 8 days post-O, and high temps past my usual AF start day --- the only problem was, I haven't had sex in a few too many weeks!
Good thing I knew I wasn't pregnant or I would have been POASing like an addict!

Lynne, on the positive side, if you do get AF you can be in the 40-week club with me and veganmama!

#59 ·
Massaginmommy I have my fingers crossed for you. Keep away AF!!

I am in the TWW on CD16. This cycle felt different, a lot more CM and libido. I have been taking a higher dosage of Synthyroid and Vitex. Should have AF at the end of next week - hoping I don't.

Have I missed something? What is the 40 week club?

Have a great week everyone.

#61 ·
Well I had another high temp today. I seriously considered peeing in a cup after seeing my temp but I decided to wait. I had a tiny bit of weird cramping yesterday. I usually don't get any before af cramps and I actually don't cramp much at all maybe a little on cd2. Anyway, according to FF I am 14dpo and according to Ovusoft I am 12 dpo. If Ovusoft is right then I have a coupel days until af if FF is right I chould start by tomorrow. Either way I am late on Sat. because today is cd24 and my last 7 cycles have been 24-25 days. So only time will tell at this point.
:

#62 ·
Laurie, I'm hopeful for you! So glad you're still seeing high temps. Fingers crossed.

Af arrived this morning. Ugh. This is my third period since my m/c and they have all been horrible. This time I had cramping starting four days before. What is up with that?! Oh, and the bloating yesterday was ridiculous. I couldn't even find a comfortable pair of pants. I'm going to seriously watch my diet and may start vitex again to see if that helps. I'm cutting out wheat and sugar starting today.

I'll be checking in with y'all.

#63 ·
thank you nicksmom Sorry about AF, cramps are never fun. I have cut out sugar too. I keep ending up with systemic yeast issues and of coure bloating. I am ODing on yogurt, probiotics and grapefruit seed extract. YUCK that stuff is bitter. I hope I get it cleared up for good this time.

#65 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
A slight dip this morning but still above cover
:
Wow, go Laurie, go!!!!!
I hope this is it for you!

AFM, I had a baseline U/S yesterday (CD 5) and I had 13 follicles so it doesn't appear that I have diminished ovarian reserve. Anxiously awaiting my FSH results. The test was done on Monday but they won't give me the results until my follow up appointment Nov 19th. What is up with that??? DH had his SA done over a week ago, I know they have the results and they won't give them to me either.

Grrr, my regular doc gives me the results whever I want them!

#66 ·
Veganmama, I got the same song and dance about not getting results until the follow up meeting but I pushed a little and they faxed it over to me. I told them that I wanted to review the results BEFORE follow up appointment because it would give me time to reveiw them so I would know what questions to ask the doctor! If you don't get the results until you are there then you don't have a chance to process the information and figure out what to ask!

Maybe you could also call you regular doc and ask him/her to call this office to get the results? That is BS...I would push harder.

Going for my first acupuncture treatment this afternoon, first time ever having it done so I am very anxious to know what it's like. I'm not nervous about it, just really in the dark as to what it is going to be like. I'm hoping he can also solve some neck pain I'm having that chiro and massage have not helped.

A Big Ol'
: for Laurie!!!!

#67 ·
Susan, I used to do acupunture for back pain. It worked great for me. I also remember that there were a whole bunch of women there who were TTC!
I hope it works well for you on all 3 fronts!

It doesn't hurt, just feels a little weird at first.

If my test results come back OK and I don't get PG this cycle I think I will try acupunture.

Good luck!

I am going to call my doctor's office and see if they can get my results.

#68 ·
Thanks for the reassurance on the acupuncture! The guy I'm going to see specializes in both fertility and neck pain, AND he's a graduate of my Alma Mater, University of NC at Chapel Hill!

If we don't get PG this cycle then its time for DH to go under the microscope! I think acupuncture helps with male fertility also, that's one of the questions I'm going to ask the doctor today.

Post your results if you get them, veganmama!!!!

#71 ·
my temp was still up today but I had a really restless night so when I got up I forgot and just peed on the toilet, when I wiped I was spotting. So I guess I saved a test. LOL. I have a killer headache and my spotting is more like a light flow so I guess I am out for this round.

#74 ·
I'm sorry Laurie, I really thought this was your month.

The postmonster ate my post earlier today. I had an HSG this morning and tubes were clear and it didn't show an polyps or fibroids. Combined with my 13 antral follicles at my baseline U/S on Wednesday and my "perfect" estradiol number from last month it seems to my somewhat educated eye that my eggs are not too old.

Unfortunately they will not give me my CD 3 blood test results until my followup on Nov 19th. Yes, I asked them again today. But since my estradiol os goos and my follicle count was good (not grat but deftinitely good) I am going to guess that my FSH levels are going to come in at around 8. Which is OK. Not great but certainly OK.

I can't get Dh's SA results ither so I have no idea whether we shoudl DTD every day or very other day. The secretary at the clinic said "oh definitely we recommend every other day". But there is new research out that suggests every day is better (less chromosonal abnormalities) unless sperm count and/or motility is KNOWN to be low.

Grrrr...

#75 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
I can't get Dh's SA results ither so I have no idea whether we shoudl DTD every day or very other day. The secretary at the clinic said "oh definitely we recommend every other day". But there is new research out that suggests every day is better (less chromosonal abnormalities) unless sperm count and/or motility is KNOWN to be low.

Grrrr...

You can always split the diff and dtd every 36 hours, alternate between morning and night

The acupuncture was GREAT! My neck already feels better, and well, won't know the results for fertility for a few weeks (I'm in the 2ww now) but it was definitely worthwhile and I'm going about every 10 days - 2 weeks for a few months, at least until the end of the year.

Sorry you did not have a bfp this go-round Laurie

#76 ·
Bump bump.

I am on CD21, will POAS on Friday if no AF. This cycle felt different but now I feel usual pre-menstrual cranky, hungry self. I am going to start temping on CD1 if AF comes. Want to see if I am O'ing.

Have a good week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.