Mothering Forum banner

40+ It's Autumn ~ Time for Change

29K views 933 replies 40 participants last post by  speedknitter 
#1 ·
Here we go ladies. We were hanging out in Summer when we need to move on to the next season in our lives. May this one be filled with the fullness of harvest.

#77 ·
I just wanted to give some hope to us over 40 set. I am 41 and just got a BFP. I got PPAF back two months ago and got PG the second month. Faster than the last time around. I am completely aware that God has blessed me more than I deserve and am saying prayers for those who are still trying.

Now, I am keeping fingers crossed for a sticky bean. I know I beat the odds on this one and hope to keep doing so. But I wanted to say that it can happen!

Baby dust to all,

Dee

#80 ·
Thanks MamaDee and noordinaryspider for your stories. I am sick of feeling like I am 103 years old! 40 is not old at all and yet I am constantly being told how ancient I am while TTC.

I am bored, only CD 10. Thankfully I O fairly early, usually CD 13 so I don't have too much longer to wait and then a classic 14 day LP.

Good luck to everyone testing this week.

#81 ·
Yeah,

Today I talked with the nurse at the Dr.s. She said she'd schedule an appt. with the Nurse Prac. who would then talk to the Dr. to see if she (Dr.) would
"take me on" -- since I am high risk because of my ancient status.
: Good grief. Nothing like inspiring confidence.

I just keep thinking the the miscarriage rate at my age is supposed to be 50 percent. Of course, the odds of concieving were only supposed to be 5 percent........

I am grateful at this point to keeping adding up days where I see no blood. I cannot wait until I'm far enough along to see a heartbeat. So the long 2WW turns into the long 6 WW for an ultrasound.

Good luck to everyone in their journey. Prayers go out for the sanity to keep trying and BFP's all around!

Dee

#82 ·
Find a midwife practice if you can they are far less judgemental abou tyour age. I took much better care of myself pregnant at 39 than I did with either of my pregnancies at 22 and 24. With age comes wisdom and care.

Hooray for your BFP Mamadee
Spider please keep popping in here I love to hear from you.
Hugs to all I am off to start my new job. I maybe scarce for awhile.

#83 ·
Hi All,

I'm new here and thought I would tell you a bit about my self.

I conceived our first child at age 42 and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy 3 days after my 43rd birthday. Two years later I was pregnant again but miscarried at 6 weeks. Honestly, I though I would be pregnant again very quickly after the miscarriage. I got pregnant at age 42 the first month we tried. I was busy reading all kinds of stuff saying that it was nearly impossible for me to get pregnant and here I was already pregnant. At 45 I got pregnant the second month we tried. But, we have been trying 16 months this time with no luck.

So, it has been frustrating. But, some how each month I am hopeful that I am pregnant. I just started Vitex this last cycle. I know it is supposed to take 2 or 3 months before it has much effect, but I ovulated about day 13-14 this cycle and I have been ovulating kinda early about day 10-11 according to the ovulation prediction tests. Don't know if it means anything, I swear each month there is something that make me think I am pregnant. I am not charting, just using the OPT's. I'm not a routine/schedule type of person. But am considering trying to chart, I just bought a basal thermometer. Right now 2ww and keeping my fingers crossed.

#85 ·
Dee, Congrats on your BFP!
TTattummm, welcome.
Laurie, sorry to hear about another bummer cycle.
I am around CD 12, and my temps aren't cooperating, nor is my CP or CM. I am in the process of lining up a live donor (maybe 2, if my O is delayed until the weekend). I would love that. Donor from out of town is cuter than in town donor, and much younger (aka more verile?). That is, if I didn't O early this month. I am still on Vitex and started with Maca last week, and am back to drinking my green foods w/frozen wheat grass, too. Finally getting into my funky eating / drinking routine. It only works well if I come home for dinner, tho.

Let's keep up the BFP's. Spider, good to hear from you, and thanks for sprinkling so much baby dust around.

Ms GB

#86 ·
Welcome Ttattummm and Zonapellucida, sorry for your losses.

MamaDee, I agree. Try to find a midwife. Your pregnancy, once you are through first 12 weeks is not really more risky than anyone else's. I think that your "ancient-ness" is a really stupid reason for contemplating "not taking you on".

As for me, CD 11 usually O CD 13. So hopefully this egg will be the 1 in 20 that is supposedly still good according to some depressing thing I read on the internet yesterday. I have 13 antral follicles this month according to my u/s on CD 5. So do they all count as eggs (i.e. so then do I have a 50%-ish chance) of this one being a good one?

#87 ·
Congrats!

Yes, it is possible. My little one is almost 6 months old. I found out that we were expecting on my 43rd birthday. She is wonderful. Healthy as can be.

I've had 4 babies since I was 35. We didn't have any major health issues with me or the babies. We gave up birth control in 1998, and well, there you have it.
:

#88 ·
Ustasmom, that's amazing! You are one fertile woman. Please spread some baby dust our way.

I'm going to do a live insem tomorrow night, and then possibly thursday night, too. I am waiting to O... Still wish I had a special someone to dtd with, but heck, this is better than nothing. Wish me luck!

#89 ·
Hi Ustasmom, thanks for sharing your story and spreading some hope.

Good luck tonight msgoodbuns. I will also be "insem"ing tonight ha ha.

I'm CD 12, usually O CD 13 but my temps are WEIRD this month. It almost looks like I o'd on CD 10. I've never O'd that early before.
Apparently though the moon has an orbit closer to the earth than usual this month and it seems to be affecting women's temps.

I didn't start OPKs until CD 10 so I might have missed the surge CD 9. Oh well, I'll just keep using them (internet cheapies) and temping and DTD every other day and see what happens.

Sigh, if it was CD 10 I'm not very hopeful for this cycle. We DTD CD 8 but they were not "fresh" swimmers. And we DTD again CD 10 but quite late (DD had a nightmare). I hav read you usually O btween 4 and 7 pm and it is bette to have the seimmers up there in the tubes BEFORE O.

#92 ·
Good luck, Vegan. Good luck, everyone.

#93 ·
Susan, I hope this is your last 2 ww for a long time.

Who else in the 2ww? I am right at the beginning, 1 DPO.

A new-ish friend just told me that she m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 6 weeks) a few weeks ago. She is my age and her kidlets are exactly my kids ages.
And my best friend just had her 4th m/c (at 11 weeks, had seen the heartbeat). My heart really goes out to her, she has some kind of antibody thing.

I'm so glad I have this thread.

Another thing to be thankful for today is that I "found" a cyber friend I had met on another board when I was TTC #1 over 6 years ago. We both moved jobs the same week and "lost" each other. I , by pure fluke, found her over at the Ovusoft board (not the board we met on) this week. I just happened to see her login name as she replied to a post. It was gone less than a minute later. So I sent her a private message and she replied. Yay!

I finally get the results of my CD 3 bloddwork and my DH's SA on Nov 19th. Well after a month since we did the tests.

Hopefully I will be "with child" and I can tell them what I think of that scenario!!!

Have a fertile day everyone!

#95 ·
I had 2 donors in 2 nights...not sexual partners, but live donors. Crazy world I live in. Then, today, FF gave me a dotted cross hairs for CD10. I may have had a faint +OPK this morning, but couldn't tell for sure. Will use another one tonight to see if it's a darker line. I'd be surprised if I O'd so early...never have, I don't believe. If my temp drops again tomorrow, then rises, I'll feel more confident that my O date is more like today / tomorrow (CD 17 or 18) rather than a week ago. If it was a week ago, I've just had 2 donors a week too late. Ah, such is life! In any event, I may be entering the 2ww with the rest of you.

Good luck, ladies!

#98 ·
Hello. I didn't get to POAS on Friday because I got AF on Thursday. It doesn't seem fair that I am still going through the whole PMS/bleeding/migrain as it is ending cycle and am not getting pregnant - kind of like having pimples and wrinkles at the same time.

We are in Chicago for a wedding will start temping when we get back on Tuesday. Good luck to everyone in the 2WW. Will suggest the multiple donor idea to DH.....

#99 ·
Joyluc, sorry to hear about another AF. At least you've still got your sense of humor!

I have no idea if I'm on the road to an annovulatory cycle or not. Temps could just be off b/c my sleeping patterns are wacky (was up til 2 a.m. on Thursday night b/c of my 2nd donor's late arrival into town, and then slept in a lot later each day this weekend.) I'm so frustrated, too, that I didn't get a + OPK. Then again, I used a cheaper version this cycle, and may have quit testing too early. I looked back at last cycle, and I O'd on CD 21 or thereabout.

Does anyone have experience with their cycles lengthening all of a sudden? Mine seem to be all over the board...short, long, and in between. Could it be the Vitex or the Maca?

#100 ·
MsGB ~ I'm not sure about vitex and maca re: cycle length (I've never used them). I do know that for me, once I hit age thirty my cycles began having more variation (until then I was always absolutely 30 days): so for the last ten years I'll go for longs periods of time with 30dc, and then long periods of 45dc etc. I think some variation is normal, especially as we get older.

#101 ·
LOL, I love everyone's sense of humour on this thread.

I should have DTD last night as insurance but was annoyed with DH and tired and so fell asleep. Fortunately FF gave me crosshiars this morning so I am relieved that I am 3 DPO. Temp shot up huge this morning, like it did the cycle I conceived DD, BUT I am not trusting it because of the time change.

Sorry for AF for those she found.

Good luck Susan, only a few more days until you know right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.