Consistant wake up times? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First, I should probably introduce myself to this board

My husband and I are TTC #2. This is really only our 2nd full cycle TTC, and it took me 9 months to get pg with my son...This will be my husbands first (biologically anyway ) and he already thinks he is 'broke' because he hasn't "knocked me up yet" . Anyway, it's nice to be here again.

I'm frustrated because I can't seem to wake up at a consistent time lately. I set my alarm and get up at about 8am, or at least that is the plan But then sometimes my son wakes me up earlier or like this morning I woke up at 7:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Should I just set my alarm way earlier? I hate to wake up my son early, and we co-sleep. Does anyone else have a similar problem? I mean I am only cd 5 and my chart is all over the place from the inconsistency. This is also my first time really charting, and I feel like an idiot, lol...what seems like easy advice to give to clients is somehow different when out into practice

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 AM

if you wake up 30 mins earlier just take your temp then, that small change shouldn't hurt too much. but if it happens more often, then yeah, try to set an alarm earlier. several people put cellphones with virbrating alarms under their pillow as to not wake up the other family members... maybe this would work?

hh2.gif

#3 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
if you wake up 30 mins earlier just take your temp then, that small change shouldn't hurt too much. but if it happens more often, then yeah, try to set an alarm earlier. several people put cellphones with virbrating alarms under their pillow as to not wake up the other family members... maybe this would work?
Good idea! I don't know if that will wake me up or not, but its worth a shot

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#4 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 04:16 PM

I have crazy inconsistent wake-up times because of my son. Often he wakes me up around 5 and I temp then, but sometimes its 8, or sometimes he wakes up, finds my thermometer and turns it on and off, canceling out the memory feature and I have to temp again :

So, I don't know how common this is exactly, but I've done an experiment a few times to see how much my temp changes the same morning throughout several hours. For me, it changes very little (maybe a tenth of a degree) until I am up and about, no matter the time. Maybe you have more leway than you thought and are just having an erratic month?

At any rate, I use the alarm feature on my watch sometimes, and put it in my pillow. This almost never wakes up DS or DP. Good luck!
#5 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 05:42 PM

I guess if you really see a difference, then you should try waking up earlier. I don't think it makes a difference for me. The only time that I see a major difference is if I can't get three hours of consecutive sleep (happens more often than I like to think about!). My temps aren't too affected by the hour.

I think a lot of ladies just set a cell phone alarm or something else that's not too loud. Make sure you have a thermometer that will remember your temp though, so that you don't have to get up to record it.
#6 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 06:56 PM

We cosleep too and I worried about setting an alarm. I took an old cell phone that I wasn't using anymore. I set it to vibrate only--no sound, set the alarm for 6:00 which is before we get up, and then put it under my pillow. The vibrations don't seem to wake anyone up but me. The trick is turning off the alarm with such tiny buttons! I have learned to do it by feel, but it is a little harder than the large snooze button found on regular alarm clocks. You also have to remember to keep the phone charged.
#7 of 7 Old 10-14-2007, 07:47 PM

I just wanted to chime in here and say that for me, getting a good thermometer was as important as being consistent about my wakeup times. I usually managed to get my temp within a 1.5 hour range, which, for my body, was good enough to clearly indicate ovulation. In terms of the thermometer, my chart was all over the place with the first two thermometers I tried. Finally, someone gave me a BD flexible tip rapid read-out one, and that seemed to be much more consistent.

HTH! And, good luck!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page