Mothering Forum banner

Confused about cycle

452 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  87417 
#1 ·
I'm not new to having children (I have 4) but I am new to figuring out exactly how cycles work. My cycle is kinda confusing to me and I am not sure how I should figure out when I am ovulating.

Actually all the technical stuff I see on here is sort of intimidating. I see everyone with charts and temps and the CM inspection. All I know is when I *think* I am ovulating based on the amount of CM I have on a particular couple of days around the middle of my cycle and kinda wing it by that.

My cycles seem to be about 30-31 days, from day one of my period to the next. What does that mean for my ovulation days? Do I have to chart to determine that?

Based on a 30-31 day cycle, my LMP was on Oct 1. I experienced the increased CM on Oct 15-16 and we did the BD on Oct 11, 15, 17, and 18th.

The reason I ask this is because I really have NO idea what dpo I am on. Is it just not possible to really know? I was kind of going on the assumption that I am on 9 dpo right now but now I am not sure.

Any advice? I am really hoping that I am pregnant and just waiting to see what happens. Last time that we decided to get pregnant, I got pregnant that first cycle so I hope its like that again.

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoulaSarah View Post
Well, based on your LMP:

You are on (cycle date) CD24.
You probably ovuated on CD15 or CD16, which would put you at 9DPO or 8DPO (days past ovulation) or so, depending on the 15th or 16th.
Ok, thanks for the response. That was kind of what I was thinking but wasn't sure how the longer cycle played into it, also I wasn't sure if it's typical that the CM coincides with the DAY that you're ovulating?

Also, is it supposed to be that you BD *on* the day you ovulate, before, or after or just...all of the above? lol

You'd think I've never done this before =x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.