August 2ww - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, good luck to all and

I am off to the pre-O board. AF has been visint full force... that b_tch.

I hope this is your cycle.

Brandi, I'll be checking on your chart.
#122 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 02:13 AM

started spotting tonight with back cramps so am thinking that af will be here full force in the am.

I am not upset at all. I actually have a perma-grin. Today I assisted my first birth!!!!! A beautiful water home-birth. It was a lovely birth. Here is all the left over baby dust

I am exhausted, will check in tomorrow.

Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#123 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Brandi!!! I want to hear all about your first birth!!! I have a prenatal visit with my first "client" (a good friend and fellow yoga teacher) tomorrow afternoon. I am SO excited!

Ugh....sorry found so many of you.

Elphaba ~ Welcome!! Ooooooo.....I SO hope you caught your eggie!!!!

My update:

I stopped charting. Although it was VERY helpful for me to learn more about my body and my cycles. Lately, it was all just getting to be a bit too much for me. I felt like charting was just tricking me into thinking that I could control something that I have no control over. We timed our BD-ing perfectly the last two months and no pregnancy. : And the post-O temping obsession -- Wow...that REALLY put me over the top this month. I swear my chart was tri-phasic and and I had an implantation dip. :

I know what to do when I see EWCM :LOL so I'm just going to go with that for a while and see what happens.

DH and I agreed to let nature take its course for the next four months (which will be a year of trying) and then if still no pregnancy we'll do some initial testing to find out what our options are and/or start the adoption process. I'm feeling really good about that "plan." I really believe that the souls who are meant to be with us, will find their way when the time is right.

~Erin
#124 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 09:54 AM

Brandi ~ Sorry to hear af is most likely on her way. ((hugs)) That's so cool about the birth!!!!

Anyone else POAS???

I took a First Response Early Result with second morning urine...there was a faint line. The cheapie's came up BFN again tho w/ FMU. For now, until I see af, I'm trusting the result of the FRER. My temp was up this morning and still no sign of af.

http://www.tcoyf.com/cgi-bin/chart.pl/teachinmama
#125 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hello ladies
kristine- thats cool that you almost have tristans bday! cancers rock!
heather-
congrats! sounds good to me! thats isnt the same sight i buy mine from, however mine also say they are the same sensitivity.oh no! but if i get a fait line im gunna go buy an expensive clearblue easy! first response is actually a very high level test, maybe you should try with another? just to confirm? i know we all like peeing on sticks! lol

butterfly maiden and karen-
that should know she isnt wanted. i am so sorry! i have heard that it is not common to get pregnant in august because of the heat, so lets all pray for a cool-down!!!

Elphaba-

Erin-
i think you are definatly on to something. it will help you to relax into not thinking AS much about TTC and then you should get preggers- we are all rooting for you!!!

brandi-

i hope that the spotting was not AF instead maybe a late implanting???--im holding onto some hope for you!!!!

As for me i am still feeling sick an my boobs still hurt but i keep flipping back and forth as to if i believe i am pegnant. i am going to drive to my friends house today to spend the weekend there (about 2 hours away). she is big and preggo and hopefully will give me some
she wanted to be the first to know the results of my test so i told her she could be the first to see it!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#126 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 12:21 PM

Karen & Brandi~ I don't know about ya'll but I'm too excited about the potential of this coming month to spend too much time grieving this one! I've got a feeling that great things are around the corner for us all!

Brandi~Oh what a beautiful experience to be part of!

Erin~ Sounds like you're in a very similar place to dh & I right now, emotionally. Somewhere there are baby spirits just trying to make their way home, and I'm sure one has your address.

Liz ~ I'll be waiting to see your BFP post!

Blessed Mom of 3~ Congratulations on your positive test!
#127 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 01:50 PM

I'm out. Going to lay low for a few days. Not a bad thing though, as I have a brand new mommy to visit and tiny new baby to coo at. I had a strong feeling that as soon as my friend had her baby, I would bleed with her, so I am ok with it and look forward to this next cycle. I am also ready to start reading Concious Conception and see what sort of journey that brings about.

Erin-I know what you mean about your chart looking perfect. Mine did too, dip, tri-phasic, and my temps don't drop when af is about to show, they do not drop until about day 2-3, so I know my body is not the typical charting example. Being at the birth was so amazing. I am really still in awe. It was quiet and peaceful then really intense. I felt so in tune with her and it was like I was reliving my own births, I could tell exactly how she was handling it and what she needed, it was like we were doing a dance. I feel so blessed to have witnessed the strength of woman!

off to pre-o

to all!!!!!!!!

reading.gif

love and light

#128 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 03:35 PM

Liz-hippymom--getting a Cancer was a consolation for him being 2 1/2 weeks late...

Goodbye to butterflymaiden, musicalmama, childofthemoon (I'll bet the birth was exciting!), and karenpl.... Good luck with the next cycle!

mama-wanna-be... I'm sorry charting is getting to you. It *does* really change one's perspective. I'm trying to stay level. But yeah, I know what you mean about the ewcm.... it's so obvious.

Momof3--your chart looks great! And the + tests sound great! I'd go with FR--you're pregnant!!! Yea!!!!

I *think* I may have ovulated last night/this a.m. (ewcm and slight side pain... didn't really feel like normal, though). We'll see what happens with my temps. So maybe I can officially join the 2ww.

Kristine
#129 of 229 Old 08-15-2003, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hallo everyone!!

Brandi, the birth sounds just wonderful and what a lucky friend you have to get such an awesome doula?!?! Have a mellow pre-O!

Erin, that sounds like a great plan. Are you enjoying those wittle wambys??

heather, that sounds very promising!! Let us know when you test again! I always use FMU for the "real" tests, I want to make sure there's as much HCG in there as possible.

Well, I'm not completely sure when I O'd, but I'm either a week past or 2 weeks past I'm going to test in the morning with one of the cheapies I got from another momma and then wait until Wed and then until next Saturday. We leave for vacation on Sunday afternoon and AF better not show her face!! My boobs are sensitive, but that's been happening right after O for a few days, plus the heat makes all my skin tingly and prickly so it's really hard to tell.

Well, DS is due home from Grammy's house anytime now, so I'd better finish up. Have a good night everyone!!

love.gif Robin~ single, work-at-home sewmachine.gif momma to my homeschooling WonderBoys
                         blahblah.gif YoungMan (6/00) & bouncy.gif LittleBoy (6/04)

#130 of 229 Old 08-16-2003, 11:19 AM

Thanks! I'm pretty much in shock. lol

Robin ~ Yes, I use FMU also..yesterday was a bit odd tho. LOL A girl on another board that lives in my area had an extra FRER and gave it to me. lol I met her before I picked my dh up from work yesterday..so I took the test when I got home. That's why I used SMU (second...) with it.

Today I took one w/ FMU and it's lighter than that one yesterday. But still no af in sight. I'm officially late today tho. I think I'm going to wait and test again on Monday and hope for a nice dark line!!

Anyone else POAS today?????
#131 of 229 Old 08-16-2003, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ok ladies....
i took the test this morning w/ FMU and it was neg, but i took a look over an hour later (when it was brighter in the room) and saw the faintest of lines. heres the deal- with my O tests (same typt of test exactly) i never saw an evaporationline that looked like a positive line, they were like wavy and thin. this is definantly a BAR it is just very faint. i showed it to my friend too and she said she could see it to. what do you ladies think???
i was when i saw it the first time , but when i found it the next time i was like , and now i just dont know!!!!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#132 of 229 Old 08-16-2003, 05:40 PM

Eek, Heather and Liz... how confusing for both of you! I think maybe you should both test again in a couple of days?: The suspense must be terrible. Are you charting your temps? I assume they're still high?

I had my mittelschmerz (the real thing) this morning, and we bd'ed during ds' nap. I'm going to consider myself in the 2ww, even though I should wait for a temp rise to confirm it.

I'm a little rusty on when I can test... can someone remind me? Dh's birthday is the 26th, and I've been having 26 day cycles (and that will be the 26th day of my cycle). I wouldn't be late yet, and it wouldn't be a full 2 weeks after ovulation. But we're wondering if we can test that morning or not (since I'd be officially "late" if I didn't get AF the next day). However, I don't want a BFN to make the day less fun. What do you think?

Kristine
#133 of 229 Old 08-16-2003, 08:30 PM

Kristine ~ No confustion here..I'm definitly preg. No af and having preg symptoms. Yes, my temp is still up: http://www.tcoyf.com/cgi-bin/chart.pl/teachinmama
#134 of 229 Old 08-17-2003, 12:13 AM

Congratulations Heather!

I think I am in the 2ww now too. If tomorrows temp is still high I will be sure of it. (although a temp shift from 97.5 to 97.9 is pretty significant for me!) If I am pg. this month it won't be from any help with my cm. I only had one day of wet (maybe a slight ew) and then the two days before O it was sticky/dry : Ferning pattern was pretty bang on though. Just for some reason the cm wasn't cooperating. Is it still possible/likely to be able to conceive with crummy cm?

I haven't gotten a chance to catch up with everyone and see where they are.
Liz, I would give it a couple of days and test again. Hope you get that BFP!

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#135 of 229 Old 08-17-2003, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Heather ~ Yipppeeeee!!!! Wooooo-hooo!!!!!

~Erin
#136 of 229 Old 08-17-2003, 10:02 AM

Hi everyone-
Heather! We're all excited for you. We were needing some good news around here!

I've been lurking around for the past week, just checking in to see how things are going for everyone. I'm in the 2ww now, CD17, I O'd on CD13/14. BD timing was good, but dh and I went through some soul searching this month. Maybe it's because I started reading Conscious Conception, I'm not sure. But, it was good. He was feeling a little like bd was becoming a chore and so focused on having a baby. He was feeling pressure to "perform" and since he's a perfectionist, he wanted to do it "right." We've been through so many different stages of our conception journey, just when we think we've got it "figured out" it becomes painfully obvious that we don't.

I'm feeling good, though. Work has been busy which really keeps my mind off obsessing too much. I hope everyone here is doing well. I'm glad to be back with you all!

I hope this is the month for all of us. But, I also believe the baby's coming when it's coming. I'm ready to be a parent whenever that happens.
#137 of 229 Old 08-17-2003, 12:30 PM

Heather!!!!!!!

reading.gif

love and light

#138 of 229 Old 08-17-2003, 03:59 PM

Jumped the gun... Temps back down today, still no O. Back to the pre-O I go.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#139 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yea Heather! I hope you do get a nice, fat dark line just for kicks, even if you already know it's a Hope ot see you over on the pregnant board soon!!

Liz, did you try testing again?? It could be an evap line, but I didn't think they actually showed up as a bar. Ack! how annoying! Why can't we all have one of those pop-up buttons like turkeys do?

Brandi, where are you now?? Testing next week, right??

Well had another BFN this morning but I'm not too suprised as I think it's still a little early. I'll wait until Wed to test again, and will probably start the really obsessing now I usually start getting bad PMS right around now (when my progesterone usually sips after O) but I'm feeling very even-keeled, especially for being in such a tizzy getting ready for vacation. I told DH to tell me if he notices any sign of my ugly PMS, he tends to notice it before I do : Hopefully that yuckiness won't appear again for at least a couple of years

Lots of sticky to you all!!

love.gif Robin~ single, work-at-home sewmachine.gif momma to my homeschooling WonderBoys
                         blahblah.gif YoungMan (6/00) & bouncy.gif LittleBoy (6/04)

#140 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 09:54 AM

16dpo..hpt is -..spotting..temp down. Either I'm m/c'ing or af is playing a cruel trick on me.

#141 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello all, I'm finally able to join the 2ww!!

I am 4dpo. Jodie's Chart
Planning on testing Aug.30th if no AF by then.
Glad I have someone to spend the wait with.
and good luck!
#142 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 11:25 AM

Heather, I am so sorry about your temp dip. I had the same thing happen 3 cycles ago. High temps until 18 days post O and then I had spotting. I still consider that a mc as my luteal phase is usually 12 days.

It certainly doesn't seem fair to get that far and not get to continue though.
#143 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 12:28 PM

Heather~ I'm sorry. I hope that it is just some early pg spotting.... But if not, I'm soo sorry.
#144 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 12:40 PM

Heather- I'm sorry mama.

rubelin-I am not testing any time soon. Back in pre-o land, cd4. Hope you get that BFP SOON!

Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#145 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 05:33 PM

Hi Ladies, I have been lurking on your board for some time now. I am about 10dpo -I don't chart like most of you, but when I had EWCM dh and I did some BD'ing (well we BD'd before and after EWCM, but that's another story! ). I just wanted to be able to talk with some others who are ttc because I think I'm driving my dh crazy obsessing abouth whether I'm pregnant or not!:LOL

My Breasts have been very tender, but I POAS this morning and it was definitely bfn. So I'm waiting for af to come, but hoping that she doesn't. Thought I could find some sympathetic listeners here!

BTW, since I have been lurking- Heather I'm so sorry about your temp dip

Michelle - Mom to 3 very wonderful and very active boys   
#146 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
~Danesmama, welcome to the 2ww. Maybe its too early to show a BFP.
Keep thinking positive thoughts, do you have any symptoms?
#147 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 09:48 PM

Thanks ladies...

Af is here. Clots..cramps and all. I talked to my OB and he said it's probably an early m/c.

It was nice getting to know you all a little. I hope you all get a VERY soon!!!!!
#148 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 10:50 PM

Heather - I know I haven't been participating on this board, but I know we're all sending you . It will happen!

Jodie - no I don't have any symptoms besides some very tender breasts (which is not normal for me). I'm not too worried because last month I was absolutely positive that I was going to get a and I was soooo wrong. I just realized that I can't read too much into every change in my body - otherwise I'll go crazy. Have you started to notice anything yet? I know you aren't far past ovulation, so you have a while to wait. Like you, I'm glad to have someone to wait with! Here's to everyone still waiting

Michelle - Mom to 3 very wonderful and very active boys   
#149 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 10:55 PM

{{{{{ Heather }}}}}

So sorry!! Yes, this sounds like an early miscarriage, I have had way too many of those too. It's hard, getting all excited about having the baby and when he will be born and how old the current baby will be. And then the bleeding starts and the dreams are over :-(

Sending healing vibes your way,

Karen
#150 of 229 Old 08-18-2003, 11:17 PM

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I'm just patiently waiting to test. Today is cd27, and I'm not sure when I should do the test. My cycles have been long, around 40-50 days. This is my 3rd PP cycle. They have been getting progressively shorter. I think I Oed between cd14 and 18. I've been having some symptoms that I had in very early pregnancy last time, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up since this is our first cycle trying. I've been having some abdominal pain, not like AF pain though. I've also had excruciating gas pain and heartburn, which I haven't had since my last pregnancy. I didn't have these symptoms this early last time though. They didn't start until I was about 2-3 weeks pg, I would only be 1 1/2-2 1/2 now if I was! Can ya tell I'm confused! One minute I feel like I am definately pregnant, the next I'm sure I'm not! I really don't want to jump the gun on testing though. When should I test?

Heather- ! I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Danesmama-Welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page