NOVEMBER TTC in our 20s - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Pregnancy, Marelle!!! How awesome

I haven't done my check in this week, but to be honest, I haven't been ticking off the days. I got a positive OPK and we had great BD timing, but since then, Ive been working on other projects. I'm still taking supplements and checking my cervix, but I don't feel crazy this month. I'm just at CD 20, though, so I might be more antsy next week

: for those still waiting to know! Luna, your chart looks great, I'm rooting for ya.
#302 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 PM

CONGRATS MARELLE!!!

I told you threadkeeper luck was going to rub off on you! If you need anyone to take your place for December, count me in! I need all the luck I can get
#303 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 04:14 PM

countrybound - Congrats to you hun. Happy safe pregnancy!

Updates: None at all. Obviously pregnancy isn't meant for me. Maybe it will happen one day in a couple of years but not these past couple of months. I'm considering going back on the pill and that be the end of that. Although, these past four months of not buying any have been great...I'm definitely going to stick around and keep everyone in my prayers. Good luck to you all.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#304 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 04:16 PM

Congratulations devilfetish and countrybound! That's fantastic!

I'm on cd 29 of a usual 29, and all the obsessing I haven't been doing this cycle is catching up to me. The earliest I'm testing is day after tomorrow. I promised myself several cycles ago that I'd never test the morning AF is due. It's too depressing to get that BFN and then start bleeding a few hours later.

I guess I should check in.

Tuesday Check-In
Date: 11/13/10
Cycle Day: cd 29 out of usual 29, 13- 15 dpo (I think)
Appointments: None
Testing: Thursday, if no AF tomorrow
Symptoms: I've had super tender nipples ever since ovulation. That's pretty normal for me...except that it never lasts this long. Usually it's just a few days at mid cycle, and then it's over. They're still really sore today. Beyond that, it's more like a lack of symptoms. No cramping. No spotting. No backache. Just tender nipples and an overall sense of well-being.
Thoughts: I've been pessimistic and disengaged for most of this cycle. Now I'm still trying not to get my hopes up. If I have to go into cycle seven, I'll do it with resolve, and dh and I will make a better effort of it than we did for cycle six. Still, on what's supposed to be the last day of cycle six, I feel pretty good.

Welcome to the newbies, and good luck to everyone! I'll definitely be checking in tomorrow to see how it works out for you, Luna.

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#305 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuluna View Post
I haven't done my check in this week, but to be honest, I haven't been ticking off the days. I got a positive OPK and we had great BD timing, but since then, Ive been working on other projects. I'm still taking supplements and checking my cervix, but I don't feel crazy this month. I'm just at CD 20, though, so I might be more antsy next week

: for those still waiting to know! Luna, your chart looks great, I'm rooting for ya.
That's great that you occupied your time well enough to not obsess early-on!

Thank you. I'm hanging in there somehow...

-
#306 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybound View Post
Good luck to everyone else! It must be thread keepers luck... last month and this month! Who wants to be thread keeper next month
Ooooo!!!! Now, that's a thought! I'd love to give back since it seems a lot of you have already done it. I always appreciate those that keep the thread. Lord knows I'm on here enough to do the updating! I could handle it I think.
#307 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmazzei View Post

I told you threadkeeper luck was going to rub off on you! If you need anyone to take your place for December, count me in! I need all the luck I can get
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Ooooo!!!! Now, that's a thought! I'd love to give back since it seems a lot of you have already done it. I always appreciate those that keep the thread. Lord knows I'm on here enough to do the updating! I could handle it I think.
Well you two work it out and tell me who's it going to be!

Thanks eveyone for the congrats!!

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#308 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmazzei View Post
CONGRATS MARELLE!!!

I'm sorry! I didn't see your post! You're welcome to it!
#309 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM

Congrats Countrybound!!!!

Well dh had his surgery and everything went fine. No more BD till new years. But we made the most of the last two weeks!!!

I'm just so excited about all these BFP's!!!

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#310 of 645 Old 11-13-2007, 11:26 PM

congrats devilfetish and countrybound!!!

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#311 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 12:03 AM

Congrats devilfetish and countrybound!!! :

''''

#312 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
countrybound - Congrats to you hun. Happy safe pregnancy!

Updates: None at all. Obviously pregnancy isn't meant for me. Maybe it will happen one day in a couple of years but not these past couple of months. I'm considering going back on the pill and that be the end of that. Although, these past four months of not buying any have been great...I'm definitely going to stick around and keep everyone in my prayers. Good luck to you all.
I'm sorry. could you not continue not being on the pill and see what happens?

hh2.gif

#313 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 AM

Still no AF or AF symptoms, and another temp rise. My nipples have been sore & tingly for the last few days. Last night I was setting up a reading lamp for DH in our bedroom, and accidentally scraped my nipple with the lamp - OWWWWWWWWWW!!! It hurt like hell. My cat has scratched that with her claw before climbing on me, and it didn't hurt as bad as that. Also the veins on both bbs have been more prominant, but I can't swear that it doesn't do that occasionally anyway. I still run to the bathroom occasionally b/c it feels like I need a tampon, but no.

There is a girl in my French class who told me she's 8 weeks pregnant and already showing a little. What's funny is we started class longer ago than that & I could have sworn she was pregnant then b/c she was wearing a maternity-looking top. She already has a two-year-old daughter, but she's a couple years younger than me. She got married when she was 19. Wow. I thought I was young when I got married at 22. Anywho, she told me if she had to run out of the classroom in a hurry to tell the teacher she's OK b/c she's had a lot of morning sickness & with her first child she had it all 9 months long. Poor thing.

-
#314 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM

: Luna! How late is AF now?

Today is supposed to be cd 1 for me, but I have no signs of AF showing. It took all the willpower I had not to test this morning. DH wants me to wait until the weekend to test, but I'm not sure I can last that long. If nothing happens, I'll probably test tomorrow.

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#315 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtime View Post
: Luna! How late is AF now?

Today is supposed to be cd 1 for me, but I have no signs of AF showing. It took all the willpower I had not to test this morning. DH wants me to wait until the weekend to test, but I'm not sure I can last that long. If nothing happens, I'll probably test tomorrow.
Well, today is my "average" day for AF to show up. Last month I spotted on CDs 28 & 29, full AF on CD 30 (technically just past midnight after CD 29). The month before that I started AF on CD 28. But I have had a few cycles as long as 33 days and a couple that were even 36 days, so that's why I'm not going to re-test for awhile.

Good luck to you! Do you chart at all? I have no symptoms either other than very sore nips lol. I probably won't test until Friday at the earliest.

-
#316 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM

AKA_PI: Don't give up! Take a break from the testing and tww and temping and all that stuff if it's stressing you out. Take a few months off. But there's always hope, and most people do get pregnant within a year of trying if they have normal cycles. I'd say don't go back on birth control if you're interested in getting pregnant in the next year or two because it can screw with your cycles and take several months to fully get out of your system. It's so hard to get your hopes up every month and then come down again but it helps me to know that that's what we're all doing... riding the roller coaster...

Luna ... wow ... I will be eagerly awaiting your test results!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#317 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
AKA_PI: Don't give up! Take a break from the testing and tww and temping and all that stuff if it's stressing you out. Take a few months off. But there's always hope, and most people do get pregnant within a year of trying if they have normal cycles. I'd say don't go back on birth control if you're interested in getting pregnant in the next year or two because it can screw with your cycles and take several months to fully get out of your system. It's so hard to get your hopes up every month and then come down again but it helps me to know that that's what we're all doing... riding the roller coaster...
I agree, AKA_PI! I know it's stressful, but perhaps if you just relax and don't worry about all the technicalities, it will come more naturally? Honestly I think going back on a hormonal birth control will just make it take longer for you to get back into regular, natural cycles to conceive. I was on BC for less than a year & it made my cycles all screwy (they still aren't back to the way they were before BC & it's been over 2 years). I will never trust a hormonal BC again. Why screw with your body like that, especially when what you want most is to conceive? Please hang around & try "not trying so hard" for awhile instead of automatically turning to the other extreme of BC.

Quote:
Luna ... wow ... I will be eagerly awaiting your test results!
I am eagerly awaiting them too! I think I'm more calm about it now than I was earlier this week, though, because I've realized I can't know for sure until AF shows or until I get a BFP.

-
#318 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Checking in for my fiancé and I.

Wednesday Check-In

Date: 11/14/07

Cycle Day: cd 19 out of usual 28, 4-5 dpo (I think) on Cycle #3

Appointments: None

Testing: Thinking about testing on Turkey Day. AF is due either 22 or 23rd

Symptoms: Tender tingling bb's that are also increasing in size, needling pain in ovarian region during nighttime. Extreme fatigue. Nausea and aversion to certain foods she once liked (she loves coffee, but the smell of ground coffee beans makes her throw up now). Salt cravings and craving strange foods like pickled sausage and strawberry milk (at the same time. yeck!) Extreme mood swings, indecisiveness and anxiety. Bitchy to crying to apathetic and apologetic...all in a matter of 30-45 minutes. Phew!

Side note: Full blown AF never showed last cycle. Only light spotting...no cramping or any other symptoms. Last HPT taken was BFN almost two weeks ago. Time to test again? Or wait til Turkey Day?

Are we pg? I sure don't know.
#319 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtime View Post

Oh yay!!! I can't wait to see what your test says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Well, today is my "average" day for AF to show up. Last month I spotted on CDs 28 & 29, full AF on CD 30 (technically just past midnight after CD 29). The month before that I started AF on CD 28. But I have had a few cycles as long as 33 days and a couple that were even 36 days, so that's why I'm not going to re-test for awhile.
Still looking good. I hope you get aBFP this cycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitticus View Post
Checking in for my fiancé and I.
Side note: Full blown AF never showed last cycle. Only light spotting...no cramping or any other symptoms. Last HPT taken was BFN almost two weeks ago. Time to test again? Or wait til Turkey Day?

Are we pg? I sure don't know.
I'd test. That's just me though LOL.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#320 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ugh, what is my chart doing? Last night I had ewcm, so we dtd even though ff says I O'd on cd 13. But I'm still not sure, bc my temps are so close to the coverline and I ususally get a nice jump instead of the slow rise.

Last night I couldn't sleep (I typically have trouble sleeping from night-itching but this was worse), had two stressed-out dreams about temping, and at some point in the early early morning had to put in earplugs to drown out DP's satisfied deep breathing. So I probably messed up my temp from all the tossing and turning worrying about it, ironically. A sure-thing O would be nice...hoping to just move into the 2ww already. Maybe I just haven't O'd yet? Anybody wanna look and tell me what you think?

Sadly, I can never tell what my cp is doing, it would be nice to be able to, since my cm is so scant. :
#321 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

I just went in and got my blood drawn. I'll get my results at around 1pm. It's 10am right now. : for good #'s and even better #'s when I go back and do it again on Friday.

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#322 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlaine View Post
Ugh, what is my chart doing? Last night I had ewcm, so we dtd even though ff says I O'd on cd 13. But I'm still not sure, bc my temps are so close to the coverline and I ususally get a nice jump instead of the slow rise.
It's hard for me to tell. Just because you didn't chart your CM very well. I never have much either, I never have ANY on my undies. So in order for me to check my CM is by sticking two fingers up on each side of my cervix and bringing them to meet over the middle of my cervix, take them out and pull them apart. That's pretty much what FF says to do, it's worked well for me. Try that.

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#323 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 PM

good luck countrybound!!!!

I had a bit of a temp jump today. I rarely ever make it 98 degrees, so today was a nice surprise.

Was nauseous yesterday, and even with my stuffy nose (I'm trying to get over a cold), I could smell DH's raisin bran from across the room. That never happens.

Come ponder with me about food!
#324 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Luna - Your chart looks great!

Marelle - for good #s

witchygrrl - Your chart is looking good too and super-nose (as my DH calls it) is a good sign!

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#325 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I just went in and got my blood drawn. I'll get my results at around 1pm. It's 10am right now. : for good #'s and even better #'s when I go back and do it again on Friday.
Ok, confession time. This scares the sh!t out of me. 2 times and in 1 week!?!!??! It's making me feel very panic-y and like I don't want to be pg even though I want to be a Mommy so very badly. I don't know how I'm going to make it through a pregnancy with all the (gulp) blood drawing......It seriously makes me feel an anxiety attack coming on. I do have some anxiety issues but I've been able to control it because I know what causes them......silence and needles.....so, I just don't ever sit in silence and I've never had blood drawn. : : :
#326 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Tara - I am not big on needles and blood but once pregnant something kicks in that you realize you will already do anything for your baby. It must be that maternal nature.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#327 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
silence and needles.....
Kill two birds with one stone. Go donate some blood and tell them you want the room completely silent while you do it. Then when you're done you get cookies and juice!

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just hoping to make you smile. My fiancé has a big fear of needles as well. Seriously though, just don't look at the needle. Close your eyes and look away. If the nurse/doc is good you won't even feel it.
#328 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitticus View Post
Kill two birds with one stone. Go donate some blood and tell them you want the room completely silent while you do it. Then when you're done you get cookies and juice!

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just hoping to make you smile. My fiancé has a big fear of needles as well. Seriously though, just don't look at the needle. Close your eyes and look away. If the nurse/doc is good you won't even feel it.
I cannot even explain to you how fast my heart is beating and how much I want to just run away right now. I don't even like to talk about it. It makes my breathing fast and shallow, my legs shake, I feel like crying. : **Sigh** I guess I'll just worry about the TTC part for now and figure out what next when I get the BFP.

Oh, and Whit, no way in hell am I going to do the suggested for absolutely no good reason.....anxiety attacks are not fun.
#329 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok, confession time. This scares the sh!t out of me. 2 times and in 1 week!?!!??! It's making me feel very panic-y and like I don't want to be pg even though I want to be a Mommy so very badly. I don't know how I'm going to make it through a pregnancy with all the (gulp) blood drawing......It seriously makes me feel an anxiety attack coming on. I do have some anxiety issues but I've been able to control it because I know what causes them......silence and needles.....so, I just don't ever sit in silence and I've never had blood drawn. : : :
Oh it's not that bad. My son went in with me and cried the entire time. Even when the guy was putting the needle in I was laughing trying to show him it didn't hurt, trying to calm my son down. He doesn't like strange people touching him mommy. The guy was like, "awww, he's crying so you don't have to".
I was a med asst. student and we practiced giving shots and drawing blood on eachother. I'm so used to it, I swear I could draw my own.

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#330 of 645 Old 11-14-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Oh it's not that bad. My son went in with me and cried the entire time. Even when the guy was putting the needle in I was laughing trying to show him it didn't hurt, trying to calm my son down. He doesn't like strange people touching him mommy. The guy was like, "awww, he's crying so you don't have to".
I was a med asst. student and we practiced giving shots and drawing blood on eachother. I'm so used to it, I swear I could draw my own.
I had a hard time even reading this......I can feel the tears coming...... ugh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page