NOVEMBER TTC in our 20s - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I don't think our guys have any clue what we go through.
Luna, I can sure say that I know. Frustration is setting in this month and it's only our 3rd cycle. Although, I still say we were successful somewhere along the lines and we're just not getting a BFP.

New symptoms develop here and there. She's claiming to have a "full" feeling in her stomach now. (If we conceived last month around the time we're thinking, then she would be almost 2 months PG now) And she's complaining of being very gassy.

Mood swings are becoming more severe. She yelled at me at the top of her lungs last night for about 45 minutes for the silliest reason and then cried for two hours hugging me and squeezing me telling me how sorry she was and how much she loved me.

The entire time I've known her she's never had mood swings like this, even during AF. My sanity's being stretched very thin. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 11:48 AM

I hope and pray that my temps continue to climb. I honestly want a BD break. We are usually a 2-3 times a week couple and it suits us just fine. This every day business is exhausting. I am also baffled by my CM. It seems to change during the day from sticky to wetter. For the life of me I can't figure out what position my cervix is in. I thought it was open last weekend when I had all of that EWM, but I can't be sure. My copy of TCOYF looks like its been through the wringer.

DH and I are finding this whole process exciting, but I am getting anxious to find out if we caught the egg. sigh...

''''

#423 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM

^ Haha we've had a BD break for a few days now. Honestly it wasn't that comfortable last time we BD'd because of my cervix being so firm or something of that nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
Luna - Did you change your crosshairs on FF or did FF do it? I think it makes more sense this way. I don't think children's aspirin should affect your temp.

Oh and what did the doctor say yesterday? - Nevermind - I found an update in your thread about it. Sorry for the crappy experience.
I changed it via suggestion of some other MDC'ers. Oh it's cool, I think I know more about what's going on with my body than the Doc & Nurse did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitticus View Post
Luna, I can sure say that I know. Frustration is setting in this month and it's only our 3rd cycle. Although, I still say we were successful somewhere along the lines and we're just not getting a BFP.

New symptoms develop here and there. She's claiming to have a "full" feeling in her stomach now. (If we conceived last month around the time we're thinking, then she would be almost 2 months PG now) And she's complaining of being very gassy.

Mood swings are becoming more severe. She yelled at me at the top of her lungs last night for about 45 minutes for the silliest reason and then cried for two hours hugging me and squeezing me telling me how sorry she was and how much she loved me.

The entire time I've known her she's never had mood swings like this, even during AF. My sanity's being stretched very thin. :
Well you don't count when I say "our guys" because you're an MDCer!
Hmm wow if she's not pregnant than hormones must be going bonkers! :

-
#424 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 PM

I wasn't able to post yesterday, but I'm back to cd 2. :

I'm beginning my seventh cycle TTC. We're not charting yet, but we may have to start really soon.

Last cycle we didn't even try very hard, so I really shouldn't feel this bad. I was so bummed about being in cycle six that I distanced myself from the process, and as a result our timing was off and I'm in cycle seven. (But my teenaged co-workers get pregnant at the drop of a hat - it's so unfair!) This time I'm buying a lot of OPKs and will use them fanatically. I'm also buying some preseed. I've been doing the whole grapefruit juice and baby carrot thing, and I'm not exactly dry, but I don't seem to get a lot of EWCM.

Also, every month that it doesn't happen, dh gets more and more on board with the program. Maybe that's the silver lining here.

I spent yesterday feeling rotten, but today I'm shifting my attitude. This will be our month. This will be our month. I'm going to keep repeating that until I really believe it.

Luna, did you test this morning? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Whitticus, your fiance sounds pretty darn pregnant to me. Good luck!

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#425 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I changed it via suggestion of some other MDC'ers. Oh it's cool, I think I know more about what's going on with my body than the Doc & Nurse did.
Luna - I often think I know more about my cycles than my OB. Even when I tell him and the nurses I chart and know when I o'ed they look at me like I have 3 heads. From what my OB says not that many people chart and those that do don't usually inform him about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtime View Post
I've been doing the whole grapefruit juice and baby carrot thing, and I'm not exactly dry, but I don't seem to get a lot of EWCM.
slowtime - I have never tried the grapefruit juice but both cycles with my BFPs I was making a concious effort to pack baby carrots with my lunch. I can't say if it helped or not but it can't hurt.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#426 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
That's what we're hoping. It's either that or she's losing her marbles. :

J/K Thanks for the support everyone! Last night was tough. I had to go for a drive after the yelling episode. I started wondering if TTC was worth all this trouble. But, I'm sure in the end it will be well worth it. I'm just getting tired of being verbally accosted every other day because I didn't put enough salt in the green beans or something of the sort.

Nah, but seriously...I love her so much and I'm very sure it'll be well worth the trouble.
#427 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I wasn't able to post yesterday, but I'm back to cd 2. :

I'm beginning my seventh cycle TTC. We're not charting yet, but we may have to start really soon.

Last cycle we didn't even try very hard, so I really shouldn't feel this bad. I was so bummed about being in cycle six that I distanced myself from the process, and as a result our timing was off and I'm in cycle seven. (But my teenaged co-workers get pregnant at the drop of a hat - it's so unfair!) This time I'm buying a lot of OPKs and will use them fanatically. I'm also buying some preseed. I've been doing the whole grapefruit juice and baby carrot thing, and I'm not exactly dry, but I don't seem to get a lot of EWCM.

Also, every month that it doesn't happen, dh gets more and more on board with the program. Maybe that's the silver lining here.

I spent yesterday feeling rotten, but today I'm shifting my attitude. This will be our month. This will be our month. I'm going to keep repeating that until I really believe it.

Luna, did you test this morning? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I know what you mean about the teenagers. Don't forget all the other "accidents" that adults have too. An acquaintance of mine (well, she's 22 so she's not far from a teenager) is due in May and although she is engaged to be married in April (she's going to have to push it back or forward now), it certainly wasn't planned. She & her fiance are potheads and drink a lot... figures the people doing some of the *least* healthy things conceive. :

I didn't test this morning. I'm waiting till next week now b/c I might not be as many DPO as I originally thought. I may get a blood test, but we'll see. My temps went to their highest this morning - 98.08, so it looks good so far.

-
#428 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 12:26 PM

oooh, luna, ff changed your O day! I think the new one possibly looks better, esp since the fertile CM dried up after that.

Erlaine, that one anov cycle I had we dtd all the effing time from cd 25 to cd 55. Then it became clear that I wasnt going to O and we just did it when we felt like it. I am so much happier. Sure, we might not get pregnant as fast (or ever) but I have peace of mind.

I thought initially that temping would give me control over what was going on, and now I have learned that all temping does is give me a way to monitor something I can't control. It's like the weather report. "50% chance of ovulation"

And it turns out the high temp was a false alarm. Temp plunged today by almost a whole degree. I kind of wasn't too surprised because I had such scant ewcm and I usually do get a few days of it. Oh well.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#429 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
oooh, luna, ff changed your O day! I think the new one possibly looks better, esp since the fertile CM dried up after that.

Erlaine, that one anov cycle I had we dtd all the effing time from cd 25 to cd 55. Then it became clear that I wasnt going to O and we just did it when we felt like it. I am so much happier. Sure, we might not get pregnant as fast (or ever) but I have peace of mind.

I thought initially that temping would give me control over what was going on, and now I have learned that all temping does is give me a way to monitor something I can't control. It's like the weather report. "50% chance of ovulation"

And it turns out the high temp was a false alarm. Temp plunged today by almost a whole degree. I kind of wasn't too surprised because I had such scant ewcm and I usually do get a few days of it. Oh well.
I don't want to get your hopes up but it could be a fall-back temp, right? do you plan on taking another one tomorrow? I didn't, I stopped after the fall and now only temp later in the day to not feel bad :

hh2.gif

#430 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 02:04 PM

Hi there. I am new to this thread, though I was posting a little on MDC last year. My husband and I got married on 10/15 and we've decided to start TTC!

I just started my cycle yesterday, and haven't temped the first two days this month because of weird sleep issues (like waking up, staying up for ten minutes talking to DH before he goes out the door, and then going "der, forgot to take my temperature"). Last month we BD'ed during what should've been a fertile time but got a BFN and obviously no conception, or I wouldn't have cramps right now. So we are crossing our fingers and going to actually try now.

I am 28, he's 25. Hope to keep company with you all and here's hoping for BFPs for everyone!
#431 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM

welcome binkin!

hh2.gif

#432 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 04:06 PM

welcome binkin!

I'm 10 DPO today and no spotting yet, which is what would normally happen during my 11 day LPs. Looked again at last month's cycle and compared it to this one...I think this one is more promising, though 97.7 is my body's fav post-O temp, it seems. Last month I did have a 12 day LP which was the longest thus far though I do seriously wonder if a babe just didn't take.

So if AF doesn't show this weekend, I am testing on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for me folks!

Whitticus, your DP does sound preggers...good luck!

Come ponder with me about food!
#433 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM

I'm not usually a part of this thread but I've been reading these boards for a while now.

Luna - I'm rooting for you - I saw how hopeful you were last cycle and this one is looking really good! :
#434 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Updated Welcome Binkin

Hey all. Sorry I haven't been on here too much. My parents will be here next week for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to get the house cleaned and organized, while my two year old just goes behind me and undoes everything I just did . I'm so so so tired, but I can't sleep. I got my blood drawn again today, I have to wait another twenty mins before I can call and get the results. I'm anxious.

Luna- I like this O day better. Things are looking UP for you (pun intended). Good luck... I really hope to see you in my DDC.

Along with everyone else! Good luck everyone!

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#435 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybound View Post
I got my blood drawn again today, I have to wait another twenty mins before I can call and get the results. I'm anxious.
Marelle - Any results yet?

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#436 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Luna - I'm rooting for you - I saw how hopeful you were last cycle and this one is looking really good! :
Thank you! DH is getting really, really anxious now. I'm anxious too, but at the same time I'm like... what do you want me to do? I can't force a POAS to be a BFP right now even if I am pregnant. If I am, it will turn + when I have enough HCG, and I can't control that.

Quote:
Hey all. Sorry I haven't been on here too much. My parents will be here next week for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to get the house cleaned and organized, while my two year old just goes behind me and undoes everything I just did . I'm so so so tired, but I can't sleep. I got my blood drawn again today, I have to wait another twenty mins before I can call and get the results. I'm anxious.

Luna- I like this O day better. Things are looking UP for you (pun intended). Good luck... I really hope to see you in my DDC.

Along with everyone else! Good luck everyone!
What are they drawing the blood for this time? How'd it go?

Thanks, I hope to be in the July DDC too, although if my O day was later as I think now, my EDD would be pushed to July 26th which is nearly the end of the month, and we all know how accurate those EDDs are. I was born 3 days "late" so I have a feeling my children will be later too. Wonder if I should hover between the July & August DDCs? Can you do that? (that is of course if things work out).

Okay... I am getting *too* optimistic now. I need to chill.

-
#437 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
Marelle - Any results yet?
Yup 155 to 322

Quote:
Thank you! DH is getting really, really anxious now. I'm anxious too, but at the same time I'm like... what do you want me to do? I can't force a POAS to be a BFP right now even if I am pregnant. If I am, it will turn + when I have enough HCG, and I can't control that.

What are they drawing the blood for this time? How'd it go?
They wanted to make sure the numbers doubled. That indicates everything is going well.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#438 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Yup 155 to 322

They wanted to make sure the numbers doubled. That indicates everything is going well.
Yay!

-
#439 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Yay for more than doubling countrybound!!!! When do you have to go back to the vampires for more level checks?
#440 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Yay for more than doubling countrybound!!!! When do you have to go back to the vampires for more level checks?

-
#441 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Well, who else would want that much human blood?!!?
#442 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Well, who else would want that much human blood?!!?
Mosquitos? Leeches? IDK.

-
#443 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 PM

Man, you guys all had another fun day on the MDC while I was at work:
I didn't test this morning because I got up way late for work(like when I should have been walking out the door), so my temp was late too. Not sure which way to adjust it, but its not a drop so I'm keeping it. I am 11DPO, and last month my LP was 12 days, so maybe I will test tomorrow(maybe, who am I kidding, it was only a malfunctioning alarm clock that kept me from testing today).

Whitticus and Luna, you were talking about hormones earlier, I think they are a symptom of TTC itself. I haven't been having mood swings, but I have been so broken out the last couple of months that my face is a map of the constilations. I have never had more than 2 pimples at a time in my life! I think our bodies def know that we are TTC and are giving us more hormones on purpose, not sure if I appreciate the extra helping though.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#444 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
LMAO... Monday, for all the normal pregnancy blood work. After that not for awhile.

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#445 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 10:04 PM

I was sooo tired this afternoon that I decided to take a nap about an hour after I got home. I only slept for about an hour b/c DH called and woke me up, but as I tried to go back to sleep I started to feel nauseated. I tried to ignore it, but it only got worse.

I did eat a handful of yogurt raisins about 20 min before I went to sleep, because we are going grocery shopping tonight & I didn't want to go shopping on an empty stomach. So I got up and took a warm shower, hoping that would help, but it just got worse. I checked the bag of yogurt raisins to see if they had expired, but they don't expire until the end of December.

I'm sitting on the couch now & still feel nauseated, and feel a lump climbing up my throat almost, but it isn't as bad as when I was laying down or standing up. The skeptic in me wants to say it's pure coincidence, because most people don't get morning sickness until about 6 weeks, right?

-
#446 of 645 Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM

Luna, we need to change the title of this thread to As Filiadeluna's Cycle Turns . I think we are all stalking your chart now and on the edge of our seats for any info. Thanks for letting us live vicariously!

...oh, and you are so pregnant you lucky wench!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#447 of 645 Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 AM

Thanks for the welcomes. I am sending baby dust to all and sticky baby thoughts!

I started knitting a soaker today because I needed a small knitting project to work on, and I had the yarn around. I hope that's not bad luck. I try not to be superstitious though. I get scared because it took my mom 5 years to conceive with me (I'm the oldest) so I hope it doesn't take that long for us. My mom's health is failing pretty rapidly and I'd like her to be able to meet at least one grandchild. (She's in the hospital right now, and I'm two states away.)

Well, anyway, no active TTC here right now, just cramps and :

What do you all do in terms of diet and vitamins? Any resources you'd recommend that I should read up on about pregnancy? I'm looking through all the MDC forums again but it's still a bit overwhelming now that it's real and we're actually having a go.
#448 of 645 Old 11-17-2007, 02:02 AM

I updated in the One Thread. It was a long post. I attended my first hopsital birth today and I'm a mess from it. All :

Already on CD10 and I've been so busy and stressed and what not and totally not keeping track at all. And havent made love to my dh in almost 2 weeks now...guess I better stop being so busy with work and get busy with him hah. I can't believe this is cycle #7. I don't take my bbt though. Just CP and CM so next month I might start temping...unless I go out and buy one in the next few days.

Anyways....everyone have a lovely weekend, I'll be mia due to work and postpartum obligations to my friend.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#449 of 645 Old 11-17-2007, 05:47 AM

I'm sorry rochelle, for you for having to see that and for the woman. to ease your guilt, I'm sure she wouldn't have listened to you but have done what the doc said anyways. hopefully she'll be happy with her baby now. and I am also sure that you WERE a support to her during all this!
btw, your chart isn't linked correctly, you need to take one http out. can you do that or is to prevent us from chart stalking

hh2.gif

#450 of 645 Old 11-17-2007, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
Thanks for the welcomes. I am sending baby dust to all and sticky baby thoughts!

I started knitting a soaker today because I needed a small knitting project to work on, and I had the yarn around. I hope that's not bad luck. I try not to be superstitious though. I get scared because it took my mom 5 years to conceive with me (I'm the oldest) so I hope it doesn't take that long for us. My mom's health is failing pretty rapidly and I'd like her to be able to meet at least one grandchild. (She's in the hospital right now, and I'm two states away.)

Well, anyway, no active TTC here right now, just cramps and :

What do you all do in terms of diet and vitamins? Any resources you'd recommend that I should read up on about pregnancy? I'm looking through all the MDC forums again but it's still a bit overwhelming now that it's real and we're actually having a go.
for herbs I read susun s. weed's "wise woman herbal for the childbearing year", not too expensive and also good info for pregnancy and later for your baby and you. so far I only do the preconception part though. she recommends red raspebbery leaf, stinging nettle and red clover infusions. you can get all these herbs easily. and it doesn't taste too bad.
TAKE FOLIC ACID!!! it's important to have enough in your system for the first few weeks of your embryo's life, it can help prevent birth defects (well, certain ones, it's not an alrounder).

hh2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page