Nursing Mamas it's November - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck to all of us! Here's to a month full of BFPs.

Happy November, mamas!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Good Luck and lots of Mommies!

Waiting to be Ready
MamaEm24
socialworkmamma
valeria_vi DD 05/2005
bodhicitta3 ds 8-24-04 dd 10-11-06
hmberhalter
iluvmybabies DS 5/1/98, DD 7/17/07
ScootchsMom DD 6/05
AntoninBeGonin DS 8/04 DD 9/06
because DD 1/03 and DS 12/05
Nora'sMama DD 5/05
JenMidwife
GentleBirth
leaguemama
emski4379 DS 11/05

: In Limbo Land :
brightonwoman 1/07

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!
mfrykas DS 09/25/2005
Little Shepherds 16 DS, 14 DD, 12 DS, 8 DD, 7 DS, 21 mos DS, 4 mos DS
goin' green
BundleFishMama DD 8/2/02, DD 5/28/04, DS 6/25/06
Edlyn DS 04/2003, DD 10/2006
mclisa
JeanineTheOT
triplembride DS 12/14/06
countryduck
robinlaroy
kochanyk
msfidget
mistletoe2382

Waiting to O
ryan'smom DS 10/16/2005
sraplayas
Lindsey609 DD 8/9/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
toyxxhearts
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
catemom
msumomma
simonboy'smommy DS
Celina DD 7/05
hannybanany DD 8/23/05
DreamsInDigital
Mamabear18 DD5/05
baby baby mommy
Kleine Hexe
alaskaberry
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
JillyD

: 2WW :
attached2mason DS 1/5/05
bizzeebee
Jul3Feb2 DS 21mos
taylor
sarahf.
gemelos
CatholicBFMama DD 6/17/06
Naturegirl DS 8/04
GwendalynsMommy
gentlebirth
sarahcecile
naturalmamaof1
Bella Catalina DS 4/7/06

: : : :
Our Success stories

November 2007
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
Lorette DS 8/05
finnegansmom
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
mommymia
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
doulakris - caught the 1st PP egg!
BakerALM DD 2/06
miztrezzlyn
emikey
sweetney
can't wait

October 2007
poopzmom
DianneK
kltroy DS 5/26/06 *caught that first PP egg!*
LianneM DS 2/05
prothyraia
quarteralien DS 7/04 DD 2/06
DandeCobb DS 5/24/06

November Threadhostess ~ Kleine Hexe
#2 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

I'll go ahead and kick off this thread.

After last month filled with non-stop spotting and period, I'm really hoping that Nov is much better. A normal cycle would be great.

I was told that fertility returns immediately after IUD removal. I hope it's true.
#3 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 AM

I'm 9 DPO and tested today. A laughable BFN. Not even a squinting - could be - something is there line. Nada. My temps are still up although I am crampy and was yesterday as well. Maybe my body it trying let AF in the house and bucket of b6 i've taken this month is blocking the door.
Either way, if I can get through today without AF at least my LP will be one day longer than the last 2 months (it's been 8 days...

Good luck everyone!

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#4 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 AM

Can I join?
I'm hoping to catch the first PP egg!
For DS, I was on clomid, but the docs won't even touch me if I'm still nursing. I'm probably going to try vitex soon to get my cycles back on track, is there anyone here that successfully used this to get their systems going again? If so, can you recommend a brand and dosage of vitex? I'm a little concerned, however, about my milk supply dropping off.
Good luck to everyone!
#5 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
I'm 9 DPO and tested today. A laughable BFN. Not even a squinting - could be - something is there line. Nada. My temps are still up although I am crampy and was yesterday as well. Maybe my body it trying let AF in the house and bucket of b6 i've taken this month is blocking the door.
Either way, if I can get through today without AF at least my LP will be one day longer than the last 2 months (it's been 8 days...

Good luck everyone!
Hang in there. You never know until AF actually shows. If she does then at least your LP is getting longer and that's a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfidget View Post
Can I join?
I'm hoping to catch the first PP egg!
For DS, I was on clomid, but the docs won't even touch me if I'm still nursing. I'm probably going to try vitex soon to get my cycles back on track, is there anyone here that successfully used this to get their systems going again? If so, can you recommend a brand and dosage of vitex? I'm a little concerned, however, about my milk supply dropping off.
Good luck to everyone!
Welcome to nursings mamas TTC! I've added you to the list above under trying to catch that first egg. There is a lot of info about Vitex if you do a search. Also check out last month's thread. Some mamas talked about doseage. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=781566

I've never taken Vitex so I can't really help you. I'm am wondering if maybe I should though. To get my body to kick into gear after having an IUD for almost two years.
#6 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM

Well I'm still waiting to O. CD 9 here and I just got a +OPK is this possible? This is only my second PPAF so I don't know what my body is doing. CM is watery but I haven't seen a thermal shift yet. What is the earliest you have seen ovulation occur resulting in a viable pregnancy? Goodluck to us all hopefully Nov is our month::

Sarah-DS 4/03, DD7/06, DS 5/09
#7 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Yay it's November! A new month and time for lots of BFP's!!!

Just waiting for AF here..12DPO and temps are still high. We DTD around 6 or 7 days before O, so no hope here! My last 2 LP's have been 12, so just waiting....want to get a move on for next cycle!

Kleine Hexe, for being threadkeeper this month!!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#8 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I've never taken Vitex so I can't really help you. I'm am wondering if maybe I should though. To get my body to kick into gear after having an IUD for almost two years.
Thanks for the info! I'm with you.... I just had my IUD removed on Oct. 4th, my period started immediately, and now waiting for 2nd AF. I haven't had a period in over 2 years (pregnancy, than IUD for 15 months) so I have no idea what's going on cycle wise.

I POAS yesterday & again today, and they were undeniably BFN's. My period is due Sat. if it follows a schedule, but who knows?

We we're not trying this month, but I can't help this feeling of sadness when those BFN's appear. I really was thinking I had some early symptoms, but :

Lots of to you!
#9 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM

can you add me to 2ww. I have a ds born 08/04 who is nursing right now, quite literally...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#10 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Hi Ladies!

I might have some good news (well to me anyway...)

Sunday night & Monday morn there was a slight red tinge in CM. Last night, my lovin hormones were on the prowl (first time since being preg with ds). This morning...stretchy EWCF!!! Its been a such a long time, I almost forgot what stretchy EWCF looks like!

BD coverage is good....now, just waiting for a nice thermal shift.

: I will FINALLY O soon!!!

Still waiting to catch the 1st eggie

to everyone this month!

(Back to lurking...)
Michele
#11 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrykas View Post
Hi Ladies!

I might have some good news (well to me anyway...)

Sunday night & Monday morn there was a slight red tinge in CM. Last night, my lovin hormones were on the prowl (first time since being preg with ds). This morning...stretchy EWCF!!! Its been a such a long time, I almost forgot what stretchy EWCF looks like!

BD coverage is good....now, just waiting for a nice thermal shift.

: I will FINALLY O soon!!!

Still waiting to catch the 1st eggie

to everyone this month!

(Back to lurking...)
Michele
Awesome I hope you get the first one!!!!! That was totally me last month seeing the EWCm was so exciting

I have another question for you ladies I took another OPK 3 hrs after the first to see if it was darker and there was barely a line????? How could the results differ so greatly should I consider the first test inaccurate? This is my first time using OPK'as so its all new to me TIA

Sarah-DS 4/03, DD7/06, DS 5/09
#12 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 04:02 PM

:

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#13 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Welcome to nursings mamas TTC! I've added you to the list above under trying to catch that first egg. There is a lot of info about Vitex if you do a search. Also check out last month's thread. Some mamas talked about doseage.
I'll look at the October thread for Vitex info. And thanks for adding me! Quick question...what is "waiting to be ready" and "in limbo land". I haven't gotten my first AF yet, so I wasn't sure what that makes me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrykas View Post
This morning...stretchy EWCF!!! Its been a such a long time, I almost forgot what stretchy EWCF looks like!
Great news!!! I'm hoping for some EWCF at some point soon!
#14 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 PM

Can you believe I am on cd 145? Sigh. I just want af to come already. I've been on vitex for about a month now. My OBGYN took blood a week and a half ago to check and see what was going on, and still hasn't called me with the results. Noone knows why I am not cycling. I feel very alone. And I wanted to catch a Nov or Dec egg. :
#15 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumomma View Post
Can you believe I am on cd 145? Sigh. I just want af to come already. I've been on vitex for about a month now. My OBGYN took blood a week and a half ago to check and see what was going on, and still hasn't called me with the results. Noone knows why I am not cycling. I feel very alone. And I wanted to catch a Nov or Dec egg. :
Hope you get answers soon, mama!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#16 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 PM

I think that I ovulated about 11 days ago...but I am not totally sure, so I never changed my status!

Anyway, today I am spotting, but hoping that maybe (by a long shot) it could be implantation spotting?

I'll keep you posted.

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#17 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 PM

Kleine Hexe - Thanks for being threadhostess for this month!

As for me, I'm either 10 or 11dpo and temps are still up. Having lots of symptoms but they could just as easily be pre-AF as well as PG signs. :

Hoping to see lots of BFPs from nursing mamas this month! Good luck everyone!!
#18 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatenMiasMom View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm with you.... I just had my IUD removed on Oct. 4th, my period started immediately, and now waiting for 2nd AF. I haven't had a period in over 2 years (pregnancy, than IUD for 15 months) so I have no idea what's going on cycle wise.
Ha! As I said mine came out Oct 2nd and on Oct 4th I started a period. I spotted almost non-stop and then exactly 20 days later I started another period. I'm just now coming to the end of it (I hope) at CD8. I really hope the spotting stops. I'm still spotting today. The other thing is that I keep having really bad stabbing cramps/pain right over my left ovary. It's been happening on and off these last 4 weeks. I'm starting to wonder if I have a cyst.

naturegirl Added you to 2WW. Good luck!

mfrykas Very exciting! Sounds promising

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfidget View Post
I'll look at the October thread for Vitex info. And thanks for adding me! Quick question...what is "waiting to be ready" and "in limbo land". I haven't gotten my first AF yet, so I wasn't sure what that makes me?
"Waiting to be ready" means you're going to TTC but not quite yet and you are waiting for the right time. "In Limbo Land" means you're not fully sure if you or your DP want to TTC again.

msumomma I'm sorry. I hope things turn around for you soon
#19 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here
#20 of 302 Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 PM

Hey all,

Still here. Still waiting to be ready. If we got pg right now (which isn't possible since I'm not ovulating or having AF yet), we'd seriously disrupt BIL's wedding. Dec would be a good time to start TTC, though, if my body would just get things in gear...

Anyway, I'm wondering about pumping and its effects on fertility. Is it the same as nursing? I was considering an opportunity to pump for an adopted baby of a friend of a friend. It doesn't look like that will happen but I'm curious as to its effects if I were to do that for 6-7 months or so.

Good luck to everyone this month!!!
#21 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 12:01 AM

My line is getting darker on my OPKs. And I had EWCM. Should we start BDing now or should I wait for a darker line? It's definitely not as dark as the control line.
#22 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 12:38 AM

Just sitting around waiting to O now- day 5 of my period and finally it is over!
#23 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
My line is getting darker on my OPKs. And I had EWCM. Should we start BDing now or should I wait for a darker line? It's definitely not as dark as the control line.

Start now. It's not like it's going to hurt BD'ing early.
#24 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 12:53 AM

for msumomma, I'm so sorry to hear about CD 145!!! Ugh, that would drive me nuts too.

Because, what a kind and thoughtful thing for you to do!! I'm not sure what effect pumping would have....it's not quite like nursing so I don't know if it stimulates things in quite the same way or not.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#25 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 02:34 AM

Well now my OPK line is gone again. So I'm wondering if I already O'd. Does the line go away after the surge? Anyone know?
#26 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Hey all,

Still here. Still waiting to be ready. If we got pg right now (which isn't possible since I'm not ovulating or having AF yet), we'd seriously disrupt BIL's wedding. Dec would be a good time to start TTC, though, if my body would just get things in gear...

Anyway, I'm wondering about pumping and its effects on fertility. Is it the same as nursing? I was considering an opportunity to pump for an adopted baby of a friend of a friend. It doesn't look like that will happen but I'm curious as to its effects if I were to do that for 6-7 months or so.

Good luck to everyone this month!!!

I do think pumping will affect your fertility, maybe not as much as actually nursing, but it will affect it some.
#27 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 08:52 AM

Hi. Because I have issues with self control, I tested again yesterday afternoon at 9DPO. There *may* have been something there. A thick, faint line. Possibly pink. I'm a total cynic so I tested again a few hours later since that phantom line wasn't on the morning's test and there it was again. This morning, with FMU the line, if possible, the line is even fainter. It's there, but a mere shadlow of its former self.

I'm testing in a few hours, but my temps did drop a bit this morning. No AF yet although I've been having "weird" twingey cramps for the last few days.

I showed my husband the tests and he said I was hallucinating. Ugh.

Michelle

#28 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Well, I tested this morning and what d'you know ... .

I can't believe it, we caught the 2nd PP eggie!! I'm very excited right now ... but nervous. I think maybe I'll wait a few days to be moved to success stories but will continue to lurk.

Good luck to all you mamas in the 2ww and to anyone waiting for 1st ppaf.
#29 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Hi. Because I have issues with self control, I tested again yesterday afternoon at 9DPO. There *may* have been something there. A thick, faint line. Possibly pink. I'm a total cynic so I tested again a few hours later since that phantom line wasn't on the morning's test and there it was again. This morning, with FMU the line, if possible, the line is even fainter. It's there, but a mere shadlow of its former self.

I'm testing in a few hours, but my temps did drop a bit this morning. No AF yet although I've been having "weird" twingey cramps for the last few days.

I showed my husband the tests and he said I was hallucinating. Ugh.

Michelle
Michelle - this is exactly what happened to me a few days ago... and today the line is much darker at 12 dpo. Good luck!
#30 of 302 Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post

When I start getting dark lines and other signs, I start testing 2-3 times a day. Based on my temps, I actually didn't O this month until I got my first - after 2 days of +. I bought a whole lot of them through a coop from early-pregnancy-tests.com so it's not hurting my wallet. Then, I lay them out on the kitchen counter and try to explain to my husband our plans for the next few days. It usually ends with him rolling his eyes and me promising to help him rake the leaves in the yard.

Good luck and have fun!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page