TTC #1 in Our 30's Thread-NOVEMBER - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Kiya for the explaination. I was just curious really. Yeah the fibroid was the size of an orange. I looked about 4 months pregnant and it was very painful because my uterus was really trying to contract and get it out. It was hanging on a short stalk in the middle of my uterus. When I had the surgery to have it removed there was no cutting or scraping into the uterine wall which was wonderful and will allow me to have the homebirth that I've always wanted. My periods were about 14+ days long and heavy. I was anemic as a result of all the lost blood and it was hell during my period because I had to basically bring an entire bag of pads I was bleeding so much (I now use mama cloth). Anyways, I understand having the really super long periods though. It was the pits!!!

Vegan- I totally understand the whole OPK thing. Which brand are you using? I started out using Clear Blue Easy, but there was nothing easy about it. I was so sketchy and uncertain. I now use Answer and those are really good. Basically the test line is so dark it's very obvious when you have that LH surge and there is no guess work. I buy the tests with like 20 strips in them and use one a day from CD10, that way I'll only use like half of them and then can use more the next month. It's more economical for us that way. All the best on catching that egg this month though.

Now for my update....Well I'm getting ready to ovulate in a day or two (we're cycle buddies Vegan!!!). According to my OPK I should get a nice dark line tomorrow afternoon and I'm also a regular leaking faucet! I haven't been this wet in a long time. Thanks Vitex!!!! So DH and I will go on with our plans to try to conceive. I think that my DH's sperm issues are because we don't have sex very often. Basically it's only during the week that I ovulate and then nothing really. He has a low libido. So I told him that like making milk, making sperm may be the same thing for certain men. Like if you don't use the sperm, less are made, much like with breastfeeding. So we've decided to just have more sex to get his swimmers up and running again. Also, he has a doctor's appointment on Thursday to look into this. I htink that it will resolve itself and hey we may have a few strong swimmers in the bunch this month. We aren't going to give up. Maybe it's the hormones talking, but I feel good overall at our chances to conceive naturally. Well, with the help of Preseed too.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 02:03 AM

Kemi, I'm so glad to have a cycle buddy!

I don't know what brand I'm using--I got them on eBay for a ridiculously low price! And, as they say, you get what you pay for! Next time, I'll try Answer. Do you just get them at the drugstore?

I also read about OPKs on peeonastick.com--is that woman not the best thing ever?!?! I guess I won't always have a fade-in pattern, or my surge could possibly last less than 24 hours (oh please oh please let me not have missed it!).

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Vegan,

I buy my OPKs at the Rite Aid down the road from me. Not the expensive 7 large sticks for $20 bucks, but the little vial of 20 sticks for $19.99. It comes with a little cup to pee into ( I have a method for not getting pee on your hands now ) and you dip the stick. You know the deal. They are really good. It was a suggestion from a friend of mine some time ago when she heard the DH and I were having difficulties getting pregnant. I love the OPKs, but they still have yet to remedy the difficulties we're having.

Anyways, have a great time finding an OPK that works for you.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM

Looks like a lot of us are in the 2WW. Good luck to us all! Let's all up and out of here together-eh?

Kiya, I'll be in Okla. with in-laws until the Fri. after Thanksgiving, so I'm DEF. not testing there. Basically if AF doesn't show, I may test on that Sat. when we get back. How about you?

I was using Answer 20 packs for a while too, got good results, although there was a thread around here with an OPK consumer report link that rated them very low, but go figure. I've been trying to find it all morning to post it but I can't. : I agree with Kemi, the 7 packs are too small, felt like I was peeing on money, not to mention all the unnecessary plastic.

GL to your DH Kemi for his appt. and happy times upping the sex! We tend to BD often while we're ttc then we sort of stop for a while; also trying to "even out" the love!

GL Vegan with DH's job search! Anything yet? Mine is on the academic route so he's neck deep in apps. and won't know for a long time. Could send us pretty much anywhere. I had a great baby dream though that I was holding a 6 month old girl and we were back in SF visiting. We had moved (of all places) to Sturbridge Mass! (there's not even a job there, so where did that come from??). A great dream though.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
I agree with Kemi, the 7 packs are too small, felt like I was peeing on money, not to mention all the unnecessary plastic.
Now there's an image that will keep me snickering all day. "Hand me a fiver, sweetie--I need to pee on it to see if I'm ovulating."

I bought 20 OPKs on eBay for $8.75. Ridiculous? : Too cheap to be reliable? They came in a little plastic baggie with a home-made label stuck on it.

Poet, thanks for asking about the job prospects. There are a couple of possibilities that we may hear about later this week, hopefully. Academia is wonderful, isn't it? Nothing moves quite so slowly!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting as much, this time of year is so busy!

Well, as predicted, I Oed on Friday, smack in the middle of hubby's out of town trip. So, this month is a bust. The only good thing is that on Friday I'll go to the Dr. and have my bloodwork for the recurrent pregnancy losses started. Lets hope they find something!

Kiya, wow, fibroid the size of an orange! I'm glad they removed is sucessfully! And all signs looking good this month, woo!

Vegan, LOL!

Poet, yep, I'm hoping to see a lot of graduates this month! I'm hoping for a great job for your DH too.

Kemi, intresting about the foods, I'm going to go read about that a little more...

Magsen, hugs, sorry it isn't your month!

Jencat, fingers crossed!

AngelaM, fingers crossed for you too!

Lets have A WHOLE LOT of GRADUATES this 2ww!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting as much, this time of year is so busy!

Well, as predicted, I Oed on Friday, smack in the middle of hubby's out of town trip. So, this month is a bust. The only good thing is that on Friday I'll go to the Dr. and have my bloodwork for the recurrent pregnancy losses started. Lets hope they find something!

Kiya, wow, fibroid the size of an orange! I'm glad they removed is sucessfully! And all signs looking good this month, woo!

Kemi, intresting about the foods, I'm going to go read about that a little more...
Hi Michelle!

I think you got Kiya and I mixed up. I was the one with the large fibroid in my uterus and Kiya was the one who had the interesting article on the foods. Oh well.

Sorry this month is a bust for you, but hey at least you can do the bloodwork and that is important to find out what's going on.

This afternoon was bliss. My DH had a job interview this morning and I decided to take the day off from my internship. We already planned on dtd this afternoon, but I'm very happy that we did. So basically, I got a positive OPK today and we're doing the every other day thing so the next time we DTD it will be Friday after the egg is away. I'm going to O tomorrow!!!! So after GIO I put myself on a pillow and fell asleep for 2 hours. It was great. Heck I could go for another round of sleep really, but I know that I would rather not so I don't mess up my schedule. Anyways, I'm happy that I'm feeling better about things now and even if it doesn't happen this month (again) I at least know why and that we're working on it. So I hope that everybody has a wonderful remainder of the day.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:13 PM

Oops! Kemi I DID get you guys mixed up!

Kiya and Kemi...SO sorry! Forgive me?

(I even try to check these things...when Kripa was here I was always : I'm bad with names....argh!)

Your afternoon Kemi, sounds WONDERFUL! And, hoping with that kind of bliss you catch that egg for sure!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 AM

hi ladies...it feels like i've been away for so long......have been sometimes lurking, sometimes just gone and have been wanting to check in and say hello. And just as I was about to do so, I discovered, to my great awe and joy that I am due in late july (!). Since I've been away for about 2 months, I know a lot of new ladies have joined, so i am sort of feeling funny about jumping in...that being said - i actually didn't feel like i could move on to another thread or forum without coming here to let you all know and to encourage that graduate train into full motion!!! I cannot say how much i appreciated all the encouragement, education and commiseration I found here and I would DEEPLY appreciate it if some of you ladies would PLEASE come with me!

Kemi - i remember it was you that had mistakenly thought Rain's chart was mine when she got pregnant and moved to the grad list...do you remember that? You congratulated me on the thread and when I read it I thought: "woah? I'm pregnant? what? How can she know? I don't know??" It only seems perfect that you, as threadkeeper, will do me the honor of moving me to the graduates list! I have always appreciated you being here - and missed you during your absense...but sounds like you are in a great place right now, so many hugs and hurry up and join me in preggo land.

For what it's worth, this is what we did this month:
PreSeed
Prenatals
Prayer.

Sounds too simple, and we really had thought this month was a wash because of an ill-planned trip, but it worked out for us. I'm walking on air...I have my two Aimstick tests taped to the fridge and gaze at them every day (since Sunday, which was when i took the first test). I have one left which came with our PreSeed packs (i got two packs total on Amazon) and I'm planning to test again on Friday (for the full effect of LIGHT to DARK positives!) Today is 4 weeks even (from 1st day of Last cycle) so it's very early...DH is cautiously excited and I'm just not having it. I'm just ridiculously overjoyed.
I realize there's a lot that can happen between now and 40 weeks from now, but, for a worry wart, I am uncharacteristically not worried. I won't analyze it any more than that, or it would constitute worry! I will just keep :
that all will be well.

With that, I wish every one of you a quick journey to your much hoped-for pregnancy. I may be lurking still, though...

Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 AM

: : Nony!!! congrats, congrats, congrats!!! Have a happy and healthy 40(+/-) weeks!!

Oh, that sounds so wonderful and RELAXING, Kemi!

Michelle - it's quite all right! Sucks that this month is a total bust for you And I hope the docs can tell you something!

Catherine - I use the eBay (or used, more precisely) OPK's, and I think they were - eh. I got mine from BabyCreation, I tink it was. I've stopped using them for the last few months because temping I love, but THOSE things stressed me out!

Jennifer - We might not be back until the 25th, I think - that Sunday - depending on how leisurely we drive back. I'm thinking I'll test the morning of the 26th as a pretty definite....

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 AM

Congratulations Nony!!!

Holy cow, that's incredible news!! I'm so glad to hear you are not worried but just super happy! Worrying never does any good - just enjoy!!

Lots of us in the tww... cool. I am feeling pessimistic. I'm getting some of my typical PMS symptoms - a zit, boobs getting a little sore, teary/grumpy/stressed/headachy... Those last "symptoms" can be attributed to work, though! I'm hoping and praying I don't have to work this weekend.... and that I get Friday off like I'm supposed to.

One thing I have to look forward to... if AF comes for me Sunday or Monday, a few days later I will start Clomid. And I might have a Clomid buddy, right poet? (Hopefully not, b/c you'll be PG by then!)

Sure hope it doesn't make me MORE moody/stressed than I've already been!

Anyway, I'm going to bury more sorrow in another marg and get to bed. Sorry for the pity party.

Michelle - keep us posted on the blood work!

Vegan - I hope DH gets a GREAT job!

Kemi - your afternoon sounds loverly...

Hi to everyone else!! See y'all later.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:49 AM

Oh, I almost forgot, someone asked about HSG's... I described mine in detail here.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 AM

Nony! Congratulations!

I'm smiling really big for you right now!

A BFP is just what we needed this week! : for some more from those who are in the TWW!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Nony!!!!!

I'm so freaking happy for you!!!!

This is so cool! I wasn't expecting this. You totally deserve to be happy and pregnant! I'm grinning from ear to ear as I type!!! Please have a very happy and healthy nine months and a kick a$$ birth!!!! It does seem appropriate that I would be able to move you to the graduates list. I will also put down how long you've been ttc to encourage us long timers. This is so cool!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Alright! The draught is over!!!! The two month hiatus of BFPs has ended. Let the flood gates OPEN!!!!!!

Really I think that I'm good luck for some people. The last time I was threadkeeper we had 3 BFPs that month! So let's see if we can get some more! I really want to move myself too! That would be so cool to be good luck for myself!

I'm very excited about ending the BFN curse this month. This is great. Let's keep it going!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, on to my daily update...

DH and I are going to see his doctor this afternoon to discuss the results of his Fertell test. We're looking for natural suggestions to help his count and motility from the ND he's seeing. My midwife told him to start taking zinc/copper so he's been doing that for a couple of months already. We're hoping that having more sex will help his sperm count and tell the body to make more sperm, make more sperm, make more sperm..... I'm ovulating today so I'm very happy and my cervix is still wide open and ready to receive sperm. I'm still really horny so I think I'm just going to forego the every other day sh!t and GIO like I want to. I'll still use preseed and everything, but I really want to have sex and this is great because I havevn't felt like this in many moons.

So I'm still in make a baby, but have a lot of fun mode! Anyways, I hope that everybody has a wonderful day and I'll keep looking out for some other BFPs!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:47 PM

YAHOO NONY! CONGRATULATIONS!

: : : : :

Hmmmm, What else can I find around here...

:

Soooo HAPPY for you! I loved having you on the thread this summer and it's wonderful to see you get your BFP! Best wishes for a Happy Healthy Worry-free 9 months!

Now, who's next? Now that we know the great and powerful Kemi is wielding her threadkeeper magic....

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 PM

: at the doc's office, Kemi!!! It's sad, really, how LITTLE research they've done for male issues. : Though, I have heard of MEN taking Clomid, as well. Never was nosy enough to ask why.

So - last night I picked the most overly emotional fight with DH - ever. I'm NOT a super emotional person, and he did something that he always does, and I was alreay a little frustrated (not with him, with some technology) and whooobooy was that a cryfest of a fight. So. Yeah. DEFINITELY out of my norm. I blew up, and calmed down, like - instantly. Twas kinda creepy. 8DPO, and my temps are still sinking, sinking, sinking though, so I don't KNOW!!!
I went trolling through the chart gallery this morning, and I barely saw any charts (though I did give up after about 140 of em) that had 5 days of sinking temps, and ended with a BFP. So. Yeah. *sigh*

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
Old 11-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Nony - I wasnt here when you actively were but CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for posting as it gives encouragement to those of us still trying!

So me.... I've had a weird kinda day today, I'm on cd21. I thought I ovulated round about cd15 (as I had breast tenderness and what I thought was ovulation pain on my righthand side) BUT this morning I got the ovulation symbol on my fertility monitor! So I was thinking maybe it's wrong as it's my first cycle using it, but I went to the bathroom and I have clear stretchy CM. I'm still waiting for the book you all suggested to arrive but from what I can gather from you folks that means ovulation right???

As my cycles are usually only 28-30 days long that means that my LP is short right? I'm assuming that that isnt a good thing....can anyone enlighten me? Thanks xxx
Old 11-15-2007, 03:17 PM

: : Oh my god, Congratulations Nony!!! : :

As everyone else has said, I am so thrilled for you! It feels like such a boost for the whole group when someone gets a BFP. Hurray, and may your pregnancy be easy and pleasant!

Jem- If you've got eggwhite mucus and your monitor has turned positive, I would definitely try to get it on now! But yes, if your luteal phase is less than 10 days, you might want to talk to your doctor, as the conditions that cause a short luteal phase sometimes make it hard to sustain a pregnancy. Two things that are often culprits are low progesterone levels and low thyroid levels. Both of these things can be tested with simple blood tests, though the progesterone has to happen at a specific time in your cycle- 7 days past ovulation. Might be worth seeing if you can make that happen for this time around. The solution is often simply to take a suppository to boost your levels. I personally have had a lot of thyroid problems (Hashimotos syndrome and slightly low levels), and taking the medicine to address that has lengthened my cycle considerably, and made me feel lots better in general. Anyway, hopefully you're as healthy as can be, and don't need any of these things! These were just some thoughts that came to mind...

Kiya- Sorry about fighting with your DH. This process does take a toll sometimes, huh?

Oops, gotta run. More personals later, and yes, I echo Kemi's wish that this be the month of BFPs!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
soc

I can't believe I've officially reached the 12 month marking of TTC! :
I never EVER thought that it would be this difficult. The idea of actually conceiving and having a child seems impossible.

I know it sounds stupid, but I sometimes wonder are we doing things right?

So, what do we do now??
Give it a break?
Both go to the doctor?
Something else?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:26 PM

Angela thanks for your input hun, gonna see how long my cycle is this month and if it's under 10 days from now will go see a doctor.

Soc I have just passed my 18 month anniversary of TTC, I know where you're coming from. I had made the decision to try for another 6 months before going to see anyone. UK doctors do recommend that if you are over 30 and havent concieved within 12 months that you seek their advice but this is my first cycle of really taking note of what is going on in my cycle and of us concentrating our efforts so I may be in a different position to you. I have felt better this cycle I think because I have taken control back, maybe seeing a doctor would make you feel the same.

HTH xxx
Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 PM

NONY, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Happy, healthy 9 months to you guys!

Jem and Soc, I'm also past the 12 month point, as are others of us here. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

I think we all wish we had known how hard it would be sooner!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:56 PM

of course, I'm going to cry...i beg that you ladies come with me!!!
Thank you so, so much for the happy emoticons, congrats and love...my heart skipped a beat when I saw my name's new location on the list...and the warm sincere wishes from all...and I remember how wonderful it was when one of us would graduate - so let there be a rash of BFPs!!

WHO's NEXT!?!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Me me me!!!! I'll be next!!! I'll take it! I really want to graduate and be pregnant and move on to the next level so it will be me!!!!

Soc: I totally understand what you mean about taking over 12 months to conceive. This is DH and my 16th month of ttc. It has been very hard. I think that the next step would be to TEST YOUR DH!!!! Really. I'm so serious. The reason is because most of our culture in terms of fertility is surrounded by the notion that if pregnancy doesn't happen, it must be the woman's fault and there is something wrong with her body. Well that isn't true 50% of the time. You can get the Fertell test and do it at home and if either of you or one of you have problems with the test, take the next step and get an SA or the usual tests the women get to determine fertility. Have you been charting? That may give you a clue as to your cycles and whether you are ovulating or not and how long your LP is. If you've been there, done that and had some hormone testing done on yourself and that came back well, I would look to DH to see what is going on. I know that with men there is an ego thing about being able to get a woman pregnant, but hey it's been 12 months and nada so get him checked out. Then if both of you are doing okay, then try some other stuff. My DH and I go to a chinese doctor and get herbs and acupuncture. It's great, really relaxing, and I'm much healthier now. DH is also taking zinc with copper (30mg/day) and that is good for sperm motility and amount. I understand that it really sucks to be on this side of 12 months where you aren't pregnant and continuing to try, but there are several members here that went on to 13-16 months of ttc and then had their smilie parade. Don't give up. I know a lady who it took 2 years to get pregnant with her first baby. Sometimes there is nothing wrong and they just come when they want to. (Yeah, I know that's the last thing you want to hear, but it's true.) Just continue to do everything earthly possible to put things in place and the magic will happen sometime, really. The moral of my long personal posting for you is, yes, I know how you feel....

Kiya: For your super cry fest last night. It sucks to get into a serious argument with your DH. You feel all awkward after everything is over. Just take it easy and I hope that this means a pregnancy for you. Then we can give you a nice smilie parade and you can graduate to the PG threads and your DDC! :

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you all about our trip to the doctor's office. Well this is DH's doc and she told us that we're doing everything right. DH just started taking zinc with copper about a month ago so she said to hold off on the SA just yet and let the zinc do it's work. Basically, zinc helps increase sperm count and mobility. So we're going to wait 2 months and then get the SA to check and see if things are doing better. My DH has OCD and anxiety issues and the last few months have been ultra stressful for him (and me). He lost like 20 pounds that he has since gained back, and was basically a mental wreck for weeks. I can see how that can zap a man's sperm count. We don't know if this has been the case the entire time though, but I did get pregnant 3 months back just about so I know that we're due for a pregnancy soon.

So there you go. Everything is doing alright. I hope you all have a wonderful evening...

Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 AM
soc

Thanks for the advice! You guys are great

I know that there are people out there that have been trying a lot longer... I just needed to know where to go from here... DH & I had reached the 12 month mark, and just didn't know what to do now.

Although we've been TTC since Nov 2006, I only started actively charting in May 2007 (that's when we hit the 6 month mark milestone of TTC).

Since charting, I can confirm that my LP is usually 13 days, and that there is definite thermo shifts to indicate 'ovulation'. Is it possible to ovulate but not physically release an egg? (i.e. chemically your body has ovulated, but physically there is nothing there). If we don't result in anything at end of this cycle, then we'll go to the doctor then, and look into SA.

Just curious what people think about vitamin supplements? DH & I were discussing vitamin remedies that apparently men should take while TTC:
* B12
* Vitamin C
* Vitamin E
* Selenium
* Zinc
* Copper
* Arginine

kjad29: I see your DH is taking Zinc & Copper. Does he take anything else or do anything else?
Is there anyone else out there whose DH took up vitamin supplements, and whose TTC journey ended?

Thanks again for all your help & support. I don't know how people dealt with TTC up's and down's in the days before we had internet!! :

-soc
Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 PM

Noni -- Congrats! Have a happy and healthy 9 mos!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc View Post
Since charting, I can confirm that my LP is usually 13 days, and that there is definite thermo shifts to indicate 'ovulation'. Is it possible to ovulate but not physically release an egg? (i.e. chemically your body has ovulated, but physically there is nothing there). If we don't result in anything at end of this cycle, then we'll go to the doctor then, and look into SA.
I think (though I'm not an expert) that if you have a thermal shift, you can be sure you ovulated and that an egg was released. It's possible that the egg couldn't get through the fallopian tubes, or that it couldn't implant in the uterus for a physical (fibroid) or hormonal (progesterone?) reason.

Soc, I'm sorry you're so frustrated.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc View Post
Thanks for the advice! You guys are great

I know that there are people out there that have been trying a lot longer... I just needed to know where to go from here... DH & I had reached the 12 month mark, and just didn't know what to do now.

Although we've been TTC since Nov 2006, I only started actively charting in May 2007 (that's when we hit the 6 month mark milestone of TTC).

Just curious what people think about vitamin supplements? DH & I were discussing vitamin remedies that apparently men should take while TTC:
* B12
* Vitamin C
* Vitamin E
* Selenium
* Zinc
* Copper
* Arginine

kjad29: I see your DH is taking Zinc & Copper. Does he take anything else or do anything else? Is there anyone else out there whose DH took up vitamin supplements, and whose TTC journey ended?

Thanks again for all your help & support. I don't know how people dealt with TTC up's and down's in the days before we had internet!! :

-soc
My DH has been taking vitamin supplements for years actually. He just wasn't getting enough zinc/copper. The best way to get zinc is to have copper to balance it out. That's what our NDs told us. I totally understand not knowing what to do after the 12 month mark. It's like an invisible line that you've crossed that you're so afraid to go past. Your LP looks great. Also if you see the temp shift in your chart, you're ovulating. You can go to fertility friend and look up anovulatory charts and they have no temperature shifts in them.

You may want to look into traditional chinese medicine to see if you and your DH have any imbalances and how you can correct them. When using supplements to aid in sperm count and motility, you need to wait at least 3 months to see results because it takes 70 days (on average) to make sperm that are ready to fertilize an egg. So if you want to start by trying supplemental therapy, take the supplements, and then wait 3 months before getting the SA. Also you would benefit from seed therapy:

Take 1 tbsp of flax seeds (raw) and grind them up and 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds (raw) and grind them up. You can interchange them every day like take the flax seeds one day and the next day take the pumpkin seeds. You take this during the first half of your cycle before you ovulate.

The second half of your cycle take 1 tbsp of seseme seeds and 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds (both raw) and grind them up and take them every day. Also the first half of the month you can take fish oil or it's substitute if you're vegetarian (flax seed oil) and the second half you can take evening primrose oil (1 tbsp/day).

These are supposed to support the menstrual cycle. This is what I was instructed by my ND and my cycles are great. I also take vitex every day and a vitamin B complex in addition to my prenatals and lots of prayer....

I do hope that you don't have to wait much longer for your awaited pregnancy. Don't give up hope. You're healthy and have a normal cycle so you may just need to tweak things a bit. All the best to you...

Old 11-16-2007, 05:38 PM
soc

VeganCupcake: Thanks for the info & support. I'm hoping that everything is working A-O-K down there. DH & I have discussed that if we do go to the doctor, we'll both have to get checked out physically as well as hormonally.

kjad29: Wow! That is a phenomenal amount of information! I didn't realise that sperm take up to 70 days to mature!
I will defo look into those menstrual cycle 'recipes'... and might give the supplements a go.

I'll sit down with hubby and discuss the options. Thanks again for all your help people!

-soc

User Tag List