TTC #1 in Our 30's Thread-NOVEMBER - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2007, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a BFP. I am in total shock. Utter, complete, 100% total shock.

OH MY GOD!

It's funny, I was just thinking today that if I'd stayed pregnant the first time, I'd be six months along by now. Now, that doesn't seem to matter as much.

Oh my god.

Everyone, please send me lots of sticky dusty thoughts. I'm really, really, really thrilled, and really really really hoping that this sticks.

xo
angela

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post
I got a BFP. I am in total shock. Utter, complete, 100% total shock.

OH MY GOD!

It's funny, I was just thinking today that if I'd stayed pregnant the first time, I'd be six months along by now. Now, that doesn't seem to matter as much.

Oh my god.

Everyone, please send me lots of sticky dusty thoughts. I'm really, really, really thrilled, and really really really hoping that this sticks.

xo
angela
ANGELA YEAH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

::surp rise::carr ot

I WAS SO HOPING FOR YOU!!! STICKIEST STICKIES FOR A HEALTHY HAPPY PREGNANCY! I'M SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 PM

Congratulations Angela! YAY! Sticky baby thoughts, and a happy and healthy 9 months to you and the little one!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 PM

p.s. Angela, were you having any symptoms? how do you feel?
do you think you did anything differently this month?
tell all! so so so super happy for you girl! you've got my stickiest thoughts coming your way!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 PM

Oh ladies I am so behind...but I'm so excited! This is my 2nd cycle, but the first one temping at all, and I'm pretty sure I just ovulated! My temp went up this morning, and it had been a little lower than usual the previous day. Plus my cervix feels : open as can be.

I bet it happened while holding my friend's lovely 3-week-old baby boy last night.

CONGRATS ANGELA!! and Desilou too!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 PM

Thank you guys so much! I don't know what I would do without my MDC support network!

Poet- The only difference in what we did this month was switching donors to someone with a higher sperm count. I *really* wish I had done this sooner- when I got pregnant the first time, it was with a donor with a higher count than anyone in between now and then. So, with frozen, apparently higher counts make a difference.

In terms of symptoms, I started having cramps around 6dpo. My boobs have also been tender and swollen, but since that's been happening even on BFN months, I didn't take it too seriously.

Alright, let's keep the BFP parade going!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 PM

Oh, Angela, I'm sitting here at work and people are going to see me but I'm getting all happy-weepy for you!

Congratulations!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 11-20-2007, 09:42 PM

CONGRATULATIONS ANGELA

I am so thrilled for you sticky thoughts coming your way!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Angela -- CONGRATS!!!! I hope this is a sticky one!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Holy crap Angela!!!

::
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I can't believe it! I'm SO happy for you!!

I think you and Desilou are opening the floodgates of BFPs! I'll volunteer to be next - I don't have any blood yet!! If I don't start tonight I'll be officially as late as I've ever been. And I've agreed (with DH) to hold out til Thursday to test... Just in case....

We will all be mamma's soon!!

But today is Angela's day! AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:48 AM

Thanks everyone! I've been getting really weepy too.

I told my girlfriend tonight, and she was amazing. So happy and excited and wonderfully supportive. The ttc process has been a real strain on our relationship, in many ways, and I was nervous about telling her. But it was so good, and I feel so happy and ready and like this is finally the time.

Jencat- You have me on pins and needles! I'll be away from my computer until Saturday, but I really hope I come back to a due date buddy!

Michelle- I wanted to say too that you've been in my thoughts, and I'm sorry that the thread got hijacked by my BFP news right in the middle of you thinking about your due date. This process is really challenging, as we pass the milestones and anniversaries that we thought would mean something else. I'm thinking of you, and sending lots of positive, fertile thoughts your way.

Everyone else, lots of fertile thoughts and baby dust. I hope everyone survives the holiday this week (Jem and Soc, you're missing out on a week of American family insanity), and gets to spend some time with the people they love.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 PM

Morning everyone.

A quick update - I'm feeling a little crampy this morning. I'm hoping it's a little zygote digging in. But fearing it might be a late AF.... (Or maybe I have to poop?)

I'll be on the lookout today ("Why does Jennifer go to the bathroom so much???")

Good thing work is so busy so I won't dwell on this all day.... mostly...

See ya later!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Where have I been?!

First of all:

Michelle: I know that this anniversary has got to be hard. You will get your sticky bean soon. Really. I can't say that I understand fully, but I certainly empathize with you. Take care of yourself, okay?

Also...

Congratulations Angela!!!

Many sticky vibes to you! Wishing you a very happy, healthy, and event free nine months!!!! Also a very kick a$$ birth!!!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 11-21-2007, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well DH and I have been spending a lot of time together lately. He's waiting to get word about his 1/2 day job shadow on Monday, but it being a holiday week I won't be surprised if we don't hear anything until Monday really.

We went to our Chinese doctor yesterday and he really reassured us of everything. He like the idea of the increased sex and the zinc that our NDs suggested. He also said that really there is nothing to be worried about since a couple of months ago my husband was going through some major stress and changes and that can zap a sperm count too. He said that his pulses don't give away any blockages and that he's healthy and as usual, I'm in perfect condition. So basically it's a time issue really. The more I do this the more a realize that the 12 month mark is not as big of an issue as it's made out to be. Really. I know quite a few ladies who have tried for over a year IRL to get pregnant and there was nothing the matter with either of them. It was just a tincture of time and patience really. One woman's normal can be abnormal for the other. I think that we are defined by too narrow a definition of normal. That's what I think.

Anyways, I'm feeling good and we're having a wonderful time here on the thread with a bit of a rush of BFPs.

Jen: I'm waiting on you to give me the news so I can move you!!!

Alright, I'm watching the thread from now until Friday a bit more closely so that if anything happens I can make changes and be encouraging. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 PM

Wouldn't you know that b!tch showed up right after I wrote my last post. What kind of mind games is she playing? I was three days late past my "average" cycle length!

I'm pissed...

sorry. I'm getting sad too but right now I'm mostly pissed.

Guess I'll start clomid Friday. :
Old 11-21-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Jen: Sorry that AF had to just blow things for you. Believe me I know. I have had some months where I was 3-4 days late too and thinking I'm pregnant, take the test, BFN and then AF show up laughing at me. It isn't fun. Good luck on the Clomid this cycle. Will you be using preseed too for the CM? I heard that Clomid dries the CM even though you're ovulating like 3 eggs. Hugs again.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:30 PM
soc

Congrats Angela on the BFP! :
I can't even imagine how overjoyed you must feel. It must be an absolutely wonderful feeling!

ahh jencat you poor thing!
I HATE it when AF does that... Just when niggley thoughts like 'are we pregnant??' start to really creep in.... BAM! is there!

Been there myself a couple of times...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:36 PM

Jencat, oh i am so super sorry. i know this disappointment and it's like no other. hugs, chocolate, merlot, a sauna...hugs. all things comforting to you hon.

Kemi, I think your point about the 12 mth mark maybe not being so out of the ordinary has some truth for sure. I think when I started ttc all these friends (like 6! no joke) had oops preg. so I have an inflated sense of success, but the more this goes on, others like me/us are coming out of the woodwork...
I'm actually okay with the patience part but the fact that my OB is ready to pass me off to an RE (which is out of pocket) has got me :.
Anyways, thanks for your good perspective...

but that leads me to a BIG What would you do? question...
HELP, I need advice! These are my choices about how to proceed.
Quick catch-up: been trying for 12 cycles, do have biphasic charts but maybe not always super dramatic in shift?, have low progest. (6ish) and pretty short cycles, esp. shorter FP, have insurance BUT does not cover ANY infertility services (oh and my DH is unemployed!). So I am dipping into my "stay at home for 1st year baby fund here"....

1.) have HSG Nov. 30 (no history of std, pcos) $1000, then see RE Dec. 18
($225)
2.) just go on clomid now next cycle, deal with HSG later, maybe see RE in Dec. as well??
3.) skip HSG and clomid and see RE in Dec. and get his opinion

If I skip the HSG, I can amp up the acup. although I've been drinking herbs for 4 months...

OR maybe by the great miracle of the earth, I'm pregnant now...my favorite.

So, help! What would you do my trusted TTC sisters? I'm offically stumped, esp. if more $ is required down the road for other treatments...

Thanks for any advice you can offer!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Poet:

Well I don't know what the factors are for if you need an HSG. Is it that if you've had an STD or PCOS then you're more likely to have blocked tubes?

I think I would go straight to the RE for his/her opinion on what to do next. Have you had an SA for your DH yet? If not I would do that before subjecting myself to the more invasive options. If so and there is no problem or you've taken Fertell and found there to be no issues, I would go for the RE and see if s/he recommends Clomid. There are so many different options it's ridiculous. Also remember that acupuncture and herbs take 3-6 months before it's effective. What does your Chinese doctor say about your pulses and if you're balanced or not? That may help with any other treatments you get. I'm at a loss really of what to tell you. My DH and I are about at the crux of making those decisions as well.

First and foremost, I would wait to see if you're pregnant this month. In the meantime, make those appointments and the best/worst thing that can happen is that you cancel your appointment because you don't need them...

Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM

Thanks for the sympathy and empathy gals... It really means a lot to me that you have been there, know what this is like, and offer hugs and nice words.

My mood has improved some since this morning. Sorry for the swearing... I like to swear when I'm mad - makes my words feel more powerful somehow I guess.

Kemi - glad your appt went well and all is good with you and DH - more sex can't hurt, right? Although, some do recommend every other day around O time to let the sperm count get back up between encounters... That WAS what I was thinking may have been our secret this month... oh well.

Poet - tough choices... Did your ob give you the Clomid? I think our cycles are somewhat similar. But my OB did not check me for progesterone. I think it's because my LP is usually 14 days? He knows I O b/c I showed him my charts from back when I was temping. So I'm not sure why he recommended Clomid which is supposed to make you O when you don't, right? But he seemed to think it would ENSURE O and/or even prompt more than one egg out so I would have double the chance (according to him). So, I suppose it couldn't hurt to try that, especially since it's cheaper than the HSG? My SIL told me that everyone she's ever known with fertility "issues" has gotten PG right away after going on Clomid. Course, all those gals may not have been O'ing for all we know...

Guess I would opt for the Clomid and RE appt. They are the cheapest options.

I hope, tho, that you don't need either! I guess you'll find out in the next 4-5 days?

Oh yeah, Kemi - thanks for the recommendation on using preseed with the clomid. Can't hurt! Dr. also recommended robutussin. Maybe i'll do both!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 PM

Thanks Kemi and Jencat! : Great advice, as usual.

Let's see...well I'm told the HSG is sort of a standard trying after a year protocol and checks for blocked fallopian tubes caused often by previous STD, PCOS, but also by a mucous plug or if you've ever had an ovarian cyst, which I have. Some RE's won't see you if you haven't had it, but in my case this one will. It's supposed to possibly make you more fertile after because it's kind of like an enema for the fall. tubes (sorry if that's gross) but someone in the fertility dept. recently told that's not actually true. Go figure.

My acup. thinks clomid would be an okay idea for me and she does not condone such things often! I'm very yin (and she says clomid is very yang), have a wiry pulse with stomach "congestion" and a bit weak on kidney and spleen. I did try vitex to up my progest. but it gave me diarrhea I couldn't live with. I've been religiously drinking herbs but have only been able to afford acup. 1-2 a month, so I've been doing yin yoga to support the meridian work. Also, in addition to the weak/senstive tummy, I'm underweight, not terribly, about 18 BMI I think, so though I'm a prev. veg., I've been eating organic meat and whole milk and doing more relaxing exercise vs. calorie burning exercise. I've heard it can be harder for underweight women to get preg. I think my acup. is a little bummed I haven't responded better to the herbs, though my flow is much healthier indicating better pelvic circulation.

Jen, hard to know if you hard low progest. or not. I actually have fairly normal LP's too (and light cycles--I think we are similar) and appear to be ovulating. I've always thought I was ovulating just fine!!! but the OB is not convinced it's stellar. That's part of why she wants me to see the RE. She doesn't get why the low prog., but the apparent O and the reg. LP? She says it doesn't really add up. Anyways, Clomid should do many things. If you're pro. is low, it will raise it, if your O isn't super strong, it will increase it and give you the mult. egg benefit. I do notice that sometimes I O pretty early (day 9/10) and I've thought maybe the eggs didn't get a chance to mature so well. Clomid should help that. I def. echo the cm support with the clomid too!

So that's maybe more than y'all needed, but good to be thorough!
So grateful to you!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:29 AM

Don't have much time but first let me say

:twot humbs
:::jump ers::
CONGRATS ANGELA! I had a feeling this was going to be your month... with the increase sperm count and the date on the label you mentioned.... you are blessed! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months... Please keep us posted!

to Jen for evil AF showing! I am so sorry this happens to each one of us time and again. It is hard to try not to get your hopes up (scratch that - IMPOSSIBLE) only to be all the more SHI*^Y!!! Comforting blessings sent your way!

Michelle - for this time of the year. I hope that you will find renewed healing and hope this holiday season. Perhaps we'll all get strong swimmers in our Christmas stockings

GL to those waiting to O, waiting to know and warm wishes for a holiday filled with family, love, friendship and blessing!

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
Old 11-22-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
Poet:

Well I don't know what the factors are for if you need an HSG. Is it that if you've had an STD or PCOS then you're more likely to have blocked tubes?

I think I would go straight to the RE for his/her opinion on what to do next. Have you had an SA for your DH yet? If not I would do that before subjecting myself to the more invasive options. If so and there is no problem or you've taken Fertell and found there to be no issues, I would go for the RE and see if s/he recommends Clomid. There are so many different options it's ridiculous. Also remember that acupuncture and herbs take 3-6 months before it's effective. What does your Chinese doctor say about your pulses and if you're balanced or not? That may help with any other treatments you get. I'm at a loss really of what to tell you. My DH and I are about at the crux of making those decisions as well.

First and foremost, I would wait to see if you're pregnant this month. In the meantime, make those appointments and the best/worst thing that can happen is that you cancel your appointment because you don't need them...
p.s. kemi, i like the above advice . i forgot to say that we did a sperm count for DH and he had high #'s but now we need to test mobility as well and we'll do that when we get home from oklahoma.

hi laura!

lots of gratitude going out to everyone. happy thanksgiving! may we all be holding our babies next holiday!

Old 11-22-2007, 02:59 AM

Jencat, I'm so sorry AF caught you this morning. Glad you're feeling a bit better now, though.

Poet, if I were you, and cost were no object (ha!), I would go to the RE first. Much as I'm a little skeptical of western medicine, REs are experts in this particular field. However, the Clomid route with your OB might be worth a try.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Old 11-22-2007, 03:30 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

And if you're not in the USA - Happy Thursday. Wish you had the day off too!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:12 PM

Kemi has a point with the 12+ months thing being more common than we know. I think the stories we hear most are the "He just has to look at me, and I'm pregnant" *tee hee*, and maybe those also stick out in our minds more, too. People who take longer to conceive don't talk so openly about it, but I've recently heard quite a few stories of people who took 12, 18, or 24 months to conceive.

On the note of talking about it, I've been trying to think of someone IRL I could tell that we're trying, but I can't think of anyone who wouldn't pressure us, or tell other people--generally, I can't figure out who will give me the supportive response I'm looking for.

But I did just order the male Fertell test for DH. I'm 7 DPO and I can't imagine how I could possibly be pregnant. I hope I am, but I just can't envision it. Perhaps that's one of my problems.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Kemi has a point with the 12+ months thing being more common than we know. I think the stories we hear most are the "He just has to look at me, and I'm pregnant" *tee hee*, and maybe those also stick out in our minds more, too. People who take longer to conceive don't talk so openly about it, but I've recently heard quite a few stories of people who took 12, 18, or 24 months to conceive.

I've been lurking around (yes, all this time) and I've been wanting to pop in and spread some
for everyone still trying. I'm sorry to still see some familiar faces still on this thread, I'm still hoping for all of you.

I think Kemi's point is very true, It took us 16 months to conceive one that stuck, one m/c after 9 months of trying.

Congrats to the recent BFPs, : for many more!
Old 11-23-2007, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Sarah for your kind words of inspiration and the baby dust! Thanks to everyone for really agreeing with me on this. My DH and I are on month 16 of ttc. We had an early miscarriage 3 months ago (5 weeks) and we're continuing to try. Are we in infertility territory? No. Because really there isn't anything wrong with either of us. Sometimes there are other things going on that we don't understand. Maybe we aren't in tune with our own creative and sensual forces. I know that I live a lot inside of my head and am really working hard at getting in my body. Maybe there is a situation that you can't see that prevents the little soul from coming. I'm a firm believer that there is the seen and the unseen at work here. It just isn't as simple as a sperm and an egg getting together. There must be something more than that. If it were just that, we'd all get pregnant our first month or two of trying and we wouldn't have long time ttc'ers like myself continuing on the way we are. Anyways, I just wanted to put that out there...

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. DH and I had a wonderful time and we're going to the beach today for our weekly walk. It's so wonderful to be close to the water. I don't know where I am in my tww and I don't want to know either. I would rather just go on with my life right now and not worry about things. I'm not feeling much of anything really. Just a little more in the evenings and off and on during the day, but it doesn't feel like anything too off the wall. So I don't feel like there is anything going on. I'm just going to enjoy this time with my DH before he goes back to work and make every effort not to worry about the results of this month...

Old 11-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Sarah - I can't believe you're so far along!! Holy cow!! It's great to hear from you! How are you feeling? Do you know yet if you're having a boy or girl?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Sarah - I can't believe you're so far along!! Holy cow!! It's great to hear from you! How are you feeling? Do you know yet if you're having a boy or girl?
I can't honestly believe it either, when I changed my sig to 31 weeks this week I had a rush of remembering the ups and downs of the time we spent ttc and it was very emotional. I'm doing good, starting to get a bit clumsy and uncomfortable but I'm not complaining about it, I'm just grateful for every day of this experience. And we're having a girl! :

love to you all.

User Tag List