What is your CM like after ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello!

This is my first post on here. We have been "casually" TTC for a few months now, but have recently begun "stepping it up" a bit.

I do not temp (our schedule is, unfortunately, not conducive to getting up at the same time every day), but I do monitor CM and CP and use OPK test strips.

I got a positive OPK on Thursday (CD 14) and a negative OPK the next day (I don't know why I checked again...I guess to make sure the first one was "real"?) and had ECWM from CD 12-16.

Today is CD 17 and I *think* I ovulated yesterday. My reason for this is that yesterday (CD 16) was my last day of EWCM. What I'm unclear on, however, is CM after ovulation. Today I'm noticing some "creamy" CM (I needed to really reach for it, though). What causes this? Is it progesterone? Apart from temping or getting my progesterone tested by a doctor (or, of course, waiting for my period to come in a timely manner), is the departure of EWCM, accompanied by the arrival of this creamy CM a pretty good indication that I have ovulated? I ask because I feel stressed lately as to whether we're taking advantage of the fertility window enough and if we should try once more tonight for that reason.

What is your CM like after ovulation? I typically do not have much CM before ovulation (no creamy phase before the EWCM). I do get some sticky CM later in my cycle, closer to menstruation.

Just wondering what other people have experienced. Thanks!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there. Timing my temps seems to be a mess for me as well...at least this week because DH is out of the country and I don't sleep well without him. It throws my entire sleep schedule off.

Still, like you, I am charting CM and C position. I have had EWCM since Friday...and it's been clear to streaked. This morning, it was still sort of EW, but more cream-like. I think I ovulated Saturday or Sunday because of the O pain. Still Fertility Friend had not given me crosshairs...until this morning.

It's odd because today is the first day since Friday that there has been anything close to cream. I think that IS indicative of ovulation. The eggwhite shows O is pending...the cream (usually) that O has passed.

Do you have Taking Charge of You Fertility (by Toni Weschler)? There are good photos and descriptions of the CM. Are you taking anything to increase it?

Be blessed!
Christi
Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last cycle, it was creamy for awhile, then dried up, then I spotted & then AF.

This cycle it was watery for a couple of days, then very creamy for a long time, now slightly creamy/sticky. No sign of AF yet.

-

User Tag List