Nursing Mamas TTC in December - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2007, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations, mistyryan!! ::

I think everything is updated!

We're still on our vacation, and DD is having the best time!

Better start asking now -- anybody want to volunteer to be threadhostess next month??

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 06:48 PM

My OPK was negative again today but there was a faint line at least. So let's see I had no line on cd 9, faint line cd 10, no line on cd 11, 12, 13, and faint line cd 14. I expected to have O'd by now but I guess this cycle is proving to be different.

I'll help Hanny out and ask again who's up for Thread Hostess?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:08 PM

Samantha-I hope this is your month!

We're just waiting to get the all clear from the insurance company, and then we'll be back full force on the TTC wagon.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 12-29-2007, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
I'm also trying not to obsess I didn't o yesterday like I thought, my opk was - but I think it may be soon because all signs point to yes! ( I do everything for charting except temping because I wake up/nurse all night!) I think I'm going to o today for sure! I will take my opk at 3:30 and post my results! We had a very busy holiday and I am still recovering! It was nice to have kinda of a mental ttc break! I am really really hoping that this month will be it! This is month 7 trying. ugh! Pray this is it this month!
Naturalmama - I wake up and nurse all night, but I temp to watch for a temperature shift. If I wasn't temping, I would have thought I o'd twice already this month. to you!

I've got EWCM again, this time yesterday and today, so I think that this is finally it!: We BD yesterday and we're gonna do it again tonight. I am so hoping that I'm finally Oing. It's cd26 already! It's my first time after my first PPAF, so we'll see.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Thank you monica! And Emski!! I am still waiting to o I really think it has to be today, or else I may be having a false start or an anovulatory cycle. Hoping that's not the case! Thi will be my 7th day of eggwhite! starting last Sunday a tiney bit - today A LOT!!! hoping this means good news for tonight! I just wish ttc was as easy as other things in life!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 12-29-2007, 07:05 PM

Also I would volunteer to be thread hostess but I just can't be on here all the time! Its like I really really want to be here all day talking, thinking, commenting, but I feel like that would be bad for my physchie! I am trying so hard to not obsess so for the time being I will support you all with limited time on here until I feel comfortale enough to one day be thread hostess. I'm sorry But someday I would like to take on the challenge!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 12-29-2007, 07:19 PM

SUPER EXCITED. . . I ovulated today!!! That's a bfp on a opk!!!!!! Its been a long tww to get to the tww!!!!!! Oh I am jumping on daddy when he gets home from work!!!!! I am so hoping this cycle we got the egg!!!! I'm think + (as part of my helping healing ttc journy and reading the secret) Its going to be this month for me!!!!! I know it!!!!!!!!!!! I have a really good feeling!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
SUPER EXCITED. . . I ovulated today!!! That's a bfp on a opk!!!!!! Its been a long tww to get to the tww!!!!!! Oh I am jumping on daddy when he gets home from work!!!!! I am so hoping this cycle we got the egg!!!! I'm think + (as part of my helping healing ttc journy and reading the secret) Its going to be this month for me!!!!! I know it!!!!!!!!!!! I have a really good feeling!!!
Hooray, naturalmama! A January BFP sounds great!

Hopefully, I'll be next! (To O that is!)
Old 12-29-2007, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

CD4 and AF is on her way out. Phew! I'm going to have my HSG this month, and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Thread Hostess, anybody?? It's easy peasy, and really, you don't have to be on here everyday...

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
Old 12-29-2007, 11:22 PM

hook me up to be the hostess just lmk what to do!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:24 PM

oh and can you use opk if you havent had af yet?

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

Old 12-30-2007, 01:34 AM

I would wait to until you have af so you know what cycle day you are on. I find its the cheapist testing wise to have an idea of your mid point cycle. HTH.
As for me. . . I o'd!! A nice strong o too, line came up instanly and was triple darker than control!!! I'm going to bd today, tommorow, and the next to make sure we got good coverage. I am very optimistic this month!! I'm also doing some intense meditiaton and visualizaton during this 2ww. Its new and if it works I'll post details! Also I've cut Dakota down to two nursing sessions a day. 30min total or less spent at boobies!!! I'm hoping I can get him to nap in the car too so its just one session during this 2ww. Its sad, but sometimes people have to wean or get close to it to get a bfp. I am senstive to hormones, so I could be one of them. I think this cut back will really help.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhicitta3 View Post
oh and can you use opk if you havent had af yet?

You mean your first ppaf? Sure. Just buy a lot.

Sigh, I find myself lurking on the pg threads wishing I could post there. Another faint line (negative) OPK today. However, I'm getting close. My nipples are becoming tender. I hope I O within the next 48 hours. If I O later than that there are two possibilities. A) That my cycle will be longer than my previous cycles of 22, 24, and 27 days. I guess I would be continuing the trend of longer cycles. or B) my LP won't be long enough if AF is due to arrive by cd 27.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhicitta3 View Post
hook me up to be the hostess just lmk what to do!
Thanks for being our next thread hostess.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:17 PM

SUPER EXCITED THAT I O'D! Anyway, we bd last night and now we are going to dtd tonight and tommorow to make sure! I'm optimistic this month! I think I had a strong o so I'm hoping this is it!

Bodhicitta3 yeah I secand that suggestion of buying a lot of opk and testing often! I would test around your fetile signs to make sure.

Thanks for volunteering! I am entertaing the idea next month if I'm not pg (that's not gonna be the case though hopefully!)

Kleine Hexe: Don't get discouraged yet about those stupid opk's! I was getting really down and out until I tested when I thought for sure I wasn't fertile anymore, and got a + so theres still a lot of hope!!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:50 PM

I still haven't o'd yet I'm on cd28 with three different spells of EWCM. No rise in temperature, though. This is my first cycle after my first PPAF Dec 3rd. I was hoping I would have regular cycles again, but obviously that's not the case.

I'm getting kind of discouraged. We timed it well with each of the possiblly fertile times and then I didn't O. Depressing.

Maybe my body isn't ready to be pregnant yet? DD cosleeps and still nurses on demand at night and during the day. I think that I need to have a few consecutive days of 8-10 hours of no nursing. We were super busy around Thanksgiving and had a few days like that, then I o'd. Maybe I need to try that again. It seems like my body is gearing up to O, but then doesn't.

Hope things are going better for everyone else!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for Oing, naturalmama!

bodhicitta3, thank you for being next month's host! I'll PM you the info tomorrow

I'm sick today, and DH left this morning for Pittsburgh. I wish he were here taking care of me It's so hard to keep DD entertained when all I want to do is sleep.

Ugh, she's undressing herself - better go figure out why!

Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Oh the cramping. I'm having bad pain on my right side again. I'm tired of this. Ever since having the Mirena removed I've been having this pain.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Oh the cramping. I'm having bad pain on my right side again. I'm tired of this. Ever since having the Mirena removed I've been having this pain.

Hopefully this is your last month TTC, and you won't have to deal with it anymore!

Could you move me to waiting to O? We're jumping back in. Hopefully this is it! I think I'll try your positive thinking approach naturalmama1.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 12-31-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

updated

anybody who hasn't checked in this month please let us know you're still out there! i'm going to do a little house cleaning before sending the list to our next thread hostess.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:16 PM

I think I'm definately closer to O. After really bad side pains last night, I have some ewcm this morning. Can't wait to use my OPK today. Should I wait until my normal 3 o'clock time or test earlier?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:30 PM

Just popping in to say hello, I'm still here....

After 3 days of light spotting, it looks like AF is FINALLY here after a 3 year absence! (Last AF was Dec 5, 2004). Just have to double check my chart to see if I O'd, so please don't move me yet!

We have started to night wean my ds...no milk between the time he goes to sleep (between 10-11pm) and 4 am. We've been doing it for over a week now. Its so hard to see him so upset, but he's falling back asleep more quickly every night. He's 27 mos so, I don't think I'm being too unreasonable....

Wishing everyone PFP's in the new year!

Michele
Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Hey guys!!! Can you move me to the 2 WW!!!!!!! oK it is now 1 1/2 dpo (I belive I o'd some time in the middle of he night on sat. night! I'm feeling really good about this ccle. I think this is it for me! Only time will tell!

mfrykas: It is very hard in the begining to night wean but at least for me it was worth it in the end. Dakota goes to sleep really well and stays asleep. This is huge becuase he is just now sleeping through the night at 19 mo!!

Old 12-31-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I think I'm definately closer to O. After really bad side pains last night, I had some last night. Can't wait to use my OPK today. Should I wait until my normal 3 o'clock time or test earlier?
Checked cm and the ew is gone. It is sticky. My OPK today is a lot fainter than yesterday. Yesterday it was not quite as dark as the control line. I really thought that today's would be positive. So I'm thinking I O'd last night even though the OPK could be considered negative. I had bad cramping pain and some ewcm. Today all that is gone. Wish we had BD'd last night. We didn't. DH has a cold and didn't feel well. We were planning on tonight cause I tought the OPK would be positive. Damn it.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Kleine, I think you must've Od last night. DTD tonight as planned, those eggs can live up to 24 hours, right? :

I feel so crappy. My throat is killing me, which means I can hardly even talk to DD She's been watching A LOT of tv. I wish DH were here!

bodhicitta, i'm about to pm you

Old 12-31-2007, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and we're going to start night weaning, too. She nurses once, maybe twice a night and very infrequently she nurses 3 or 4 times during the night. I don't think it will be that big of a deal to drop those couple of nursings... She's a fighter, though. Very headstrong and very vocal about it But for goodness sakes, she almost 2 and a half!! Anybody have any good tips? I'd be doing it myself as DH is unwilling to help.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
Kleine, I think you must've Od last night. DTD tonight as planned, those eggs can live up to 24 hours, right? :
Why why WHY was the OPK not positive?! Think I should ask DH to skip the gym and come straight home?

Should I keep taking the OPKs?

An egg can live for 24 hours but what about my dried up cm? Use Preseed?

I'm sorry you're sick. I feel crappy too but not sick wise. I'm just pissed cause I missed O.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
Oh, and we're going to start night weaning, too. She nurses once, maybe twice a night and very infrequently she nurses 3 or 4 times during the night. I don't think it will be that big of a deal to drop those couple of nursings... She's a fighter, though. Very headstrong and very vocal about it But for goodness sakes, she almost 2 and a half!! Anybody have any good tips? I'd be doing it myself as DH is unwilling to help.
DS is almost four and he still tried to sneak in some night nursing. He's been night weaned for at least a year. He's persistant.

I just tell him that "nuknuks" go to sleep at night and he can nurse in the morning. It can be hard.

Ok, I'm just really upset by all this. Why am I TTC'ing again?! Why can't I just get pg without planning and effort? Why did that damn test not show positive yesterday? I took two different ones! I hate this. TTC *SUCKS!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
She's a fighter, though. Very headstrong and very vocal about it But for goodness sakes, she almost 2 and a half!! Anybody have any good tips? I'd be doing it myself as DH is unwilling to help.
Not much advice here...mine is almost 3 1/2 and still nurses at night and in the morning. He doesn't wake up to nurse though so I get a good nights sleep. Good luck!

I haven't been around much or on the computer more than necessary since I am usually hovered around the toilet... I am 7 1/2 weeks now and feeling as sick as a dog. And way back when, I was asked about my due date...August 15th, 2008. My kiddos will be almost exactly 4 years apart.

It will happen ladies! Hang in there. It took me a long while but I think this one is going to be a keeper.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 12-31-2007, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
DS is almost four and he still tried to sneak in some night nursing. He's been night weaned for at least a year. He's persistant.

I just tell him that "nuknuks" go to sleep at night and he can nurse in the morning. It can be hard.

Ok, I'm just really upset by all this. Why am I TTC'ing again?! Why can't I just get pg without planning and effort? Why did that damn test not show positive yesterday? I took two different ones! I hate this. TTC *SUCKS!
I hate TTC, too It totally sucks. How come some people can just think about getting pg and BAM they're pregnant. And their baby sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Not much advice here...mine is almost 3 1/2 and still nurses at night and in the morning. He doesn't wake up to nurse though so I get a good nights sleep. Good luck!

I haven't been around much or on the computer more than necessary since I am usually hovered around the toilet... I am 7 1/2 weeks now and feeling as sick as a dog. And way back when, I was asked about my due date...August 15th, 2008. My kiddos will be almost exactly 4 years apart.

It will happen ladies! Hang in there. It took me a long while but I think this one is going to be a keeper.
Nice! I wish DD would sleep thru the night! It's so easy to nurse her to sleep, so I definitely don't want to mess with that, but I'd looooove for her to sleep thru without nursing.

I am so very happy for you and your morning sickness We had our losses around the same time this year, and I think about you every once in a while. I am so glad that you feel positive about this babe.

DD is asking mommy "milk and bed", so I better run.

every time i sign on here i plan on sending the list bodhicitta, but i'm distracted every time!

User Tag List