Nursing Mamas TTC in December - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks guys! Ah, on to the next cycle.

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#182 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Hi ladies-just checking in to see how you are all doing. DH and I are trying to figure out some insurance stuff right now, and as soon as that's figured out, we'll be back in the game!

Has anyone ever gotten pregnant and not had maternity coverage? We're planning a HB, but want the maternity coverage as a back-up plan in case something goes wrong.

Anyhow, I hope lots of you get BFP's and hopefully I'll be joining you again next month!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#183 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 07:15 PM

Well not-so-lucky me I guess, nipples stopped hurting last night, and AF has apparently arrived. I think perhaps I had conceived and it didn't 'stick'.

Better now than later I guess.

Now I'm going to go to church and eat Pizza!

Next cycle I'm not even going to wait for O'ing, as soon as AF is gone we'll BD our brains out until the end of the month! According to the Shettles method we could maybe get a girl that way! I love DS but a girl next would be nice. after that I don't care which flavor we get!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#184 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Well ladies. . . It's official. . . I got my period!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHH I am so mad! And disapointed, and feeling like damaged goods. I feel like I am not a good woman like I can bear children or something, Like I just hate my body, why can't I get pregnant again? I feel like like a failure. aaahh. Anyways I guess you can move to
WAITING TO O
We know just how you feel.

How old is your son? One thing that I was told at a LLL conference is that our bodies seem to know how much the nursing baby needs us, and when that need isn't as great our bodies can gear up to be pregnant again.

AF just came back for me at 27 mos PP. I really think my DD wouldn't have been ready to have a pregnant mom or welcome in a new baby sooner.

One nice thing about being a nursing mom TTC is that we are already mothers. We know our bodies can do this - it just may take a little longer than we're hoping!
#185 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 07:47 PM

I´ve only got a few days left of this 2WW excitement. Could test this Fri, I don´t think I will though. Today FF removed my CD20 O, it´s done it many times, and then returned it, because my temps vary so much, I wake up many times a night etc. But I pretty much count on the OPK, so I´m sure I´ve O´d.

No symptoms at the moment, been a bit peckish tonight and last night, then there was that one day´s back rash and one day´s waking up all sweaty. Had to have a pee many times in a row this morning. I haven´t had that blood taste in my mouth yet which I´ve had previous cycles before AF. I have belly feelings and lots of air but I´m so sure it´s my bowel disease reminding of itself Cervix went low right after O but after that it´s been middle. Previously it has stayed low, but then again maybe I didn´t check right before, being new to this all.

No symptoms that I´d have all the time, which is annoying! I´m so hoping this is one of those pregnancies that you are pregnant when you really don´t feel pregnant at all or don´t believe you´d be pregnant. Which sort of makes me think maybe I am. At least LP is going ok. *knock on wood*

Anyone else here that COULD test Fri/this weekend?
#186 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
A mom at my LLL meeting said that her sore nipples lasted about two weeks into her PG then went away
This is what happens to me, too.

Quote:
Well ladies. . . It's official. . . I got my period!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHH I am so mad! And disapointed, and feeling like damaged goods. I feel like I am not a good woman like I can bear children or something, Like I just hate my body, why can't I get pregnant again? I feel like like a failure. aaahh. Anyways I guess you can move to
WAITING TO O
I'm sorry I have to move you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
Well not-so-lucky me I guess, nipples stopped hurting last night, and AF has apparently arrived. I think perhaps I had conceived and it didn't 'stick'.

Next cycle I'm not even going to wait for O'ing, as soon as AF is gone we'll BD our brains out until the end of the month! According to the Shettles method we could maybe get a girl that way! I love DS but a girl next would be nice. after that I don't care which flavor we get!
Hope you have this cycle

I FINALLY got a positive OPK!!! This is our first month actually trying after my miscarriage, and I really really hope I get pregnant. : :

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#187 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post

Have fun doing that! I could never plan on that though as DH is not up for it (no pun intended ) I would love to BD more up to O but DH...eh not so much. He's exhausted when he gets home.

Hanny, congrats on O!
#188 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 10:01 PM

When AF returned for you, how regular were your cycles? Were they much different from before you had DC?

I just had my first PPAF at 27 months at the beginning of December. I am on CD10 and am already having some CM wetness. It was the tinest bit stretchy today. Before DD, I o'd around day 19-21.

I did lose quite a bit of weight about a year ago, so I don't know if this will have any impact on my cycle. Before DD, I was told I had PCOS. I weighed anywhere from 180-225 lbs before DD. Now I weigh about 150. So I don't know what affect this will have on my fertility.

Thanks!
Monica
#189 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 PM

hannybanany Congrats on Oing.

Monica, my cycles were very irregular for about a year after AF returned. They were really long, and I am not sure if I O'd (was not keeping track). Things are fairly predictable at three months shy of three years since my first PPAF.
#190 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 10:50 PM

I'm on day 4 of the luteal phase after O... so does that make me a 2WW? (I'm not sure about the acronyms)

I'm hoping for a little extra Christmas gift this year! :

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#191 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
When AF returned for you, how regular were your cycles? Were they much different from before you had DC?

I just had my first PPAF at 27 months at the beginning of December. I am on CD10 and am already having some CM wetness. It was the tinest bit stretchy today. Before DD, I o'd around day 19-21.

I did lose quite a bit of weight about a year ago, so I don't know if this will have any impact on my cycle. Before DD, I was told I had PCOS. I weighed anywhere from 180-225 lbs before DD. Now I weigh about 150. So I don't know what affect this will have on my fertility.

Thanks!
Monica
Monica, I was 200 lbs when I got pg with ds1. It took a year and a half to get pg. I had very irregular cycles. I did not know anything about charting, and I was never diagnosed with anything, but looking back I think I had PCOS symptoms.

When I was ready to ttc#2, I weighed 165 lbs. and for the first time in my life had more "normal" cycles (although it took about 3 cycles for things to normalize out). I learned about charting and got pg on my first "trial" attempt... while still nursing 19 mo ds1, even during the night.

I really believe weight and nutrition in general has a big affect on fertility, so you have cause to be very hopeful!

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#192 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski4379 View Post
Hi ladies-just checking in to see how you are all doing. DH and I are trying to figure out some insurance stuff right now, and as soon as that's figured out, we'll be back in the game!

Has anyone ever gotten pregnant and not had maternity coverage? We're planning a HB, but want the maternity coverage as a back-up plan in case something goes wrong.

Anyhow, I hope lots of you get BFP's and hopefully I'll be joining you again next month!
I think Medicaid has to cover any pg or birth, whether you "qualify" otherwise or not. So, maybe look into that as your "backup?"

#193 of 394 Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
When I was ready to ttc#2, I weighed 165 lbs. and for the first time in my life had more "normal" cycles (although it took about 3 cycles for things to normalize out). I learned about charting and got pg on my first "trial" attempt... while still nursing 19 mo ds1, even during the night.

I really believe weight and nutrition in general has a big affect on fertility, so you have cause to be very hopeful!
Thanks, honeybee! That is great news!
#194 of 394 Old 12-13-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
WAITING TO O

Hugs, mama. I hear you. I went through a few months where I was feeling "broken" and just couldnt' shake that feeling. You know in your 'rational' mind that it just isn't true, but your heart aches anyway.

What helped for me was deciding to believe that my body was, indeed, functioning very well . . .but that it knew better than I did when the right month was to have a babe stick. It is still so hard to wait, but I feel less 'broken' now. Anyway, just my experince that i thought I'd share.

Take some time this week to rest and relax if you can do so - make it a priority as much as possible. Sounds like you could use some tlc and some time for your spirit to heal a bit.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#195 of 394 Old 12-13-2007, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

updated

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
#196 of 394 Old 12-13-2007, 07:06 PM

Hi guys....Feeling crampy and tired and lonely.

It's nice to know you all are here.

(don't feel particularly like BD'ing right now )

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#197 of 394 Old 12-13-2007, 07:09 PM

heidirk, I know the feeling.
#198 of 394 Old 12-13-2007, 08:15 PM

I am at 7 dpo and am feeling a bit optimistic. We used preseed this month and I am starting to think maybe it worked. I am dog tired and am really noticing my sluggishness in my workouts. I am getting zits (weird for me), am highly emotional . . .

I will know either way by Dec 21st or so. I am SO SCARED to get my hopes up this time. I haven't let myself get hopeful for several cycles now cuz it is a long way to fall, kwim?

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#199 of 394 Old 12-13-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
I am at 7 dpo and am feeling a bit optimistic. We used preseed this month and I am starting to think maybe it worked. I am dog tired and am really noticing my sluggishness in my workouts. I am getting zits (weird for me), am highly emotional . . .

I will know either way by Dec 21st or so. I am SO SCARED to get my hopes up this time. I haven't let myself get hopeful for several cycles now cuz it is a long way to fall, kwim?

I hope this is it for you. I know about the long fall....I'm there right now and it sucks.
#200 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 AM

Okay it's the 2WW for me! I O'ed on Sunday, we BD's on Saturday.....so maybe...something is there......

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#201 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 09:46 AM

Amy-I hope this month is it for you.

Can you move me to 2ww? DH and I BD yesterday, and I O'd I think yesterday. It wasn't planned, but I guess there's a chance. I'm not too optimistic, since nothing has happened so far, but we'll see.

What's preseed?

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#202 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 10:34 AM
J2

Well I tested again this morning. BFN. I really keep expecting to see a positive. I am 13DPO, which is when I got my positive with DS. I am late according to what my LP has been the past few months since my fertility has been back. If AF doesn't start today then I am also late according to whatmy LP was before I was ever pregnant with DS.

So we'll see. I have had the following possible symptoms:
Cramping on and off through 2ww
Nausea on and of through 2ww
Nipple sensitivity when DS nurses
Really really tired
Restless leg/body syndrome all of a sudden worse
Nose congestion (sarting today - this happens sometimes to pg women, can't remember why)
I am late for AF or almost late, depending on what LP you go by

And my temps are still REALLY high! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6f13c

*sigh*
#203 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski4379 View Post
What's preseed?
Preseed is a vaginal lubricant that does not harm or kill sperm, and may even increase motility (http://www.preseed.com/).

I am also in the 2WW. I am going through my usual imaginary, real symptoms. I am trying not to get my hopes up. I swear it feels like there is a bowling ball in my uterus. I cannot remember if I always have this, or if it is new since I started ttc (aka having every symptom that indicates pregnancy in the 2WW). It felt a little uncomfortable to lie on my stomach last night. I also ate an exorbitant amount of food for me, which was one of my earliest signs with ds. I also have the usual sore nipples and nausea. I think I am going to test on Christmas Eve. I have to go check my charts to see if that is too early, but I think it will be the day AF is due.
#204 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabelle1317 View Post
Well I tested again this morning. BFN. I really keep expecting to see a positive. I am 13DPO, which is when I got my positive with DS. I am late according to what my LP has been the past few months since my fertility has been back. If AF doesn't start today then I am also late according to whatmy LP was before I was ever pregnant with DS.

So we'll see. I have had the following possible symptoms:
Cramping on and off through 2ww
Nausea on and of through 2ww
Nipple sensitivity when DS nurses
Really really tired
Restless leg/body syndrome all of a sudden worse
Nose congestion (sarting today - this happens sometimes to pg women, can't remember why)
I am late for AF or almost late, depending on what LP you go by

And my temps are still REALLY high! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6f13c

*sigh*
Why is there a group of us that have late periods and yet BFNs? Put me in that club. Still no AF so far and yet 3 BFN. : I'd really like to get the next cycle going.
#205 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 PM

Today I´m AT LEAST 13DPO (according to FF, although FF removed my O day yet again!) and haven´t tested yet because of the lack of symptoms, otherwise I would´ve tested already. I really just don´t want to get disappointed so I want to wait a bit.

Today is the day that AF came last cycle so if I get to tomorrow without her it´ll be a record LP. Great to know B6 and Vitex are working. The sad thing is that there´s 0 symptoms! Yes I have belly feelings, air and almost diarrhea but I so know it´s my bowel disease, can´t be a coincidence like that. Just can´t. Very frustrating. I haven´t decided on a test day yet, but I´m so tempted to test tomorrow morning. If I really wanted to be on the safe side I´d wait even a few days more.

Let´s hope there´s loads more +BFP´s in December! Please Santa, bring me one!

EDIT: By me having "0 symptoms" I meant I have "zero symptoms".
#206 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celina View Post
Let´s hope there´s loads more +BFP´s in December! Please Santa, bring me one!
: There are a lot of people with 0 symptoms in early pregnancy.
#207 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Updated!

I finally got to move myself to 2WW! : I think I'll test Christmas Day if AF doesn't show by then...

#208 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
I finally got to move myself to 2WW! : I think I'll test Christmas Day if AF doesn't show by then...
:
#209 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
: There are a lot of people with 0 symptoms in early pregnancy.
You got me all excited for just two seconds until I realised there´s been a misunderstanding. I wrote I have "0 symptoms" meaning "zero symptoms" Well, fingers crossed anyway.
#210 of 394 Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celina View Post
You got me all excited for just two seconds until I realised there´s been a misunderstanding. I wrote I have "0 symptoms" meaning "zero symptoms" Well, fingers crossed anyway.
That is what I meant! There are women that have no idea they are pregnant for months...I know one. Do not give up yet! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page