Nursing Mamas TTC in December - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 394 Old 12-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone! I am about 6 dpo and had a HUGE wave of nauseousness last night as I was trying to fall asleep. Also a little the morning. Does that sound crazy? Is it even possible? With ds we got pregnant without trying so this is my first go round with actively ttc, knowing when I O'd and how many dpo. What do y'all think?

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#242 of 394 Old 12-16-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Congrats Celina!!! You didn't stay long!! Good for you!!!
I was here a few months, I think this was like our 6th month TTC. Felt long to me, and hard, compared to an immediate success (first month) with DD.

Thank you so very much for all the congratulations, it doesn´t feel real yet with no or very tiny symptoms. Last night though I was looking at my belly on the mirror and I thought it looked more like a tiny bumb than just bloated! That actually made me more positive about being preg. Can´t be?! Tomorrow is 5 weeks.

I told DH by putting a bun (actually a muffin, which was the only one the corner shop had) in the oven, he didn´t get it! Off he went again and I put the preg test in it, he came back, was wondering what that was, he thought it was a thermometer to tell you when the muffin is ready!!! He still didn´t get it! Amazing as he´s always good with stuff like that, but he said he couldn´t do cryptic stuff this morning with a slight hangover.

About b/feeding and pregnancy.. Thanks for the link, I read it. I wouldn´t worry at all otherwise, but having had this LP problem makes me wonder. If b/feeding prevented me from getting pregnant (progesterone issue) then couldn´t it cause the unmentionable when progesterone is still involved when you´re pregnant? (isn´t it, to carry the pregnancy?) I mean, aren´t I at high risk? (pref laurabelle1317)

Off to finish some Christmas prezzies and sending lots of baby dust to everyone, esp thinking about laurabelle1317, go get that BFP!
#243 of 394 Old 12-16-2007, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
I have an HSG test on tue. . anyone have experience with this??
You'll have to tell me about your HSG experience... If I'm not pg this cycle (: ) I'll be getting it done, too.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#244 of 394 Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Yayayayayayayaya Celina! You and I have been on here about the same length (unfortunately I went away and then came back :-(--now you go and STAY away!
What dose and type of Vitex were you using??? And of B6? Since I'm STILL waiting for HcG levels to decline post-mc I'm not really doing anything but want to know what you did for future reference.
Also---Don't worry about bfeeding and pgncy--most people I know who do it have had no problems w/ the pregnancy and the longer you do it through the pgncy the easier nursing is for the new one (lots of good milk in almost right away!).
Best of luck and HH9Months!
L
#245 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 AM
J2

I am SOOOO nervous to test tomorrow. I just don't want to see another BFN this cycle. If it is negative...I won't know what to think! Or what to do! So let me just say...it better be positive!

I keep thinking maybe my ovulation date is wrong. But the chart is pretty clear. And the ovulation day was even clearer than the past few months that I have been charting since my period returned. So I don't think my chart is wrong. It's pretty clear.

*sigh*

Just a few more hours. Hey! The sooner I go to sleep the sooner I can test!

BTW, I woke up a gazillion times last night to go to the bathroom! Sometimes every half an hour! It was pretty horrible. lol

It's almost midnight here...I will probably be testing between 4 and 6 in the morning...then I will be on here to post....

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6f13c
#246 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 02:59 AM

Well I'm out, AF started full-force today....which is odd for me. A full week after O....this has NOT happened to me since my cycles started again in January. I wonder if my pap on Weds had something to do with it....really and truely we did everything right for a possible conception so I'm thinking maybe my pap nixed that. *sigh*

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#247 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 06:25 AM
J2

Well...My temp dropped quite a bit but I tested anyway. BFN. This is really annoying. Maybe I will start AF today? So now I want to know why my LP would be so long? Well...I am 16dpo today. So if AF starts then my LP will have been 15 days...which isn't actually too long I guess...just long for me.
#248 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
Well I'm out, AF started full-force today....which is odd for me. A full week after O....this has NOT happened to me since my cycles started again in January. I wonder if my pap on Weds had something to do with it....really and truely we did everything right for a possible conception so I'm thinking maybe my pap nixed that. *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabelle1317 View Post
Well...My temp dropped quite a bit but I tested anyway. BFN. This is really annoying. Maybe I will start AF today? So now I want to know why my LP would be so long? Well...I am 16dpo today. So if AF starts then my LP will have been 15 days...which isn't actually too long I guess...just long for me.
to both of you.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
#249 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 11:20 AM

thefragile7393

laurabelle1317
#250 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Um, hi. Still nursing my 3 year old. Doubt that's going to make a difference in TTC. I'm planning on continuing with CLW no matter what happens.
#251 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM

I just had to share this. My DS is 3. Today we were sitting on the couch together cuddling, and he randomly started telling me a story about what he is going to do with his sister and brother. He was talking about his birthday party and having ice cream. (By the way, if I was pregnant now I would be due within weeks of his birthday.) Then he wanted me to list everything he can do with a sister and brother.

We do not talk a lot about sisters and brothers, and he really does not get what it all means. I think he might have seen something about it on Sesame Street, and we have books that mention siblings.

I explained to him what a sister and brother was, and he was not as excited. I just thought it was so cute, and for a minute I thought he was telling me something intuitive!
#252 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 03:21 PM

Hi!

TrustingOurBodies -- DS1 - 7/30/05 (28 mos), DS2 - 9/16/06 (15 mos), TTC#3 still nursing both sons, in 2ww

I think I just O'd for the first time PP! Time will tell. My temps aren't as high as they normally are post-O so I'm not sold on my chart yet! But if I have either a +HPT or AF come in 8 more days then I'll know if I really O'd!

I just hope at a minimum that I O'd. Because I'm still nursing BOTH of my sons on demand 24 hours a day.

Wish me luck!! And good luck to all of you too!!

#253 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 05:01 PM

BlissfullyLoving, maybe your ds was trying to tell you something .

I finally got crosshairs, please move me to 2ww.

Mama to two sweet girls, L (2/06) and Z (9/08)
#254 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
J2

Move me to Waiting to O please.

It would have been nice to be pg so fast. Why I had nipple sensitivity and was so tired and peeing so much in the night and...I'm not sure. My LP was definitely longer this month...longer than it has ever been! So it was quite the confusing month. Is too bad.
#255 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 06:54 PM

laurabelle1317
#256 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 07:44 PM

Laurabelle1317, so so very sorry Next month is yours!
#257 of 394 Old 12-17-2007, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

updated.

#258 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansma View Post
Hey everyone! I am about 6 dpo and had a HUGE wave of nauseousness last night as I was trying to fall asleep. Also a little the morning. Does that sound crazy? Is it even possible? With ds we got pregnant without trying so this is my first go round with actively ttc, knowing when I O'd and how many dpo. What do y'all think?
I don't know if it sounds crazy but I had the same thing Sunday and Monday night right as I was trying to fall asleep, and a little this morning.

I got a little excited and poas (today is 9 DPO) and think I might see the faintest of lines? Or my eyes are playing tricks on me.

I'm going to try and hold out until Thursday to test again!
#259 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 AM

Ok, I didn't wait.

Got a on a digi!!!
#260 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 AM

:: Wow, congratulations Lindsey608!
#261 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 10:02 AM

Thank you!!!

LOL! I tried another internet cheapy a few hours ago and got a faint (but quite obvious) line. Not sure why it was sooo light on the first one this morning.

3 tests can't all be wrong, right?
#262 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey608 View Post
3 tests can't all be wrong, right?
Nope, I think it is definite.
#263 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansma View Post
I'm hoping it's a sign! I've had the same thing today. Hopefully it's b/c I'm pg and not some kind of stomach bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey608 View Post
Ok, I didn't wait.

Got a on a digi!!!
Congratulations!!!! : : Gotta love those digital tests!

Anybody else testing soon? I'm going to try my hardest to wait til Christmas day to test, but, well, you know how those tests call for you sometimes...

#264 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Congratulations Lindsey608 !!!::

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#265 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 PM

I am testing on Friday - I will be 14 dpo then. I did break down and test today though - middle of the day, only 11 dpo, what was I thinking?

I am starting to wonder if $store tests are not such a good thing . . . if I were paying big bucks for them I bet I wouldn't be testing like a maniac every month

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#266 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 10:39 PM

Congrats to all the new mommies-to-be. I got AF last month, and my LP was quite short, so I'm back on the RRL tea this cycle. If I don't get pg this cycle, I think I'm going to go ahead and completely wean DS (uuhhh, I already feel guilty just contemplating it). Anyway, I hope this is our month, and all the other TTCers out there too!
#267 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 11:07 PM

I will test Sat or Monday depending on how long I can hold out ! We have lots of Christmas activities this weekend so that will keep me busy.... I hope.

#268 of 394 Old 12-18-2007, 11:39 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a son who is now a little over two. When I had him I nursed him until he was 8 1/2 months I had a period about twenty days later and the next cycle I was pregnant. I now have a daughter who is almost 7 months. I am anxious for my period to return..I am going crazy not knowing if I'm fertile or not. I had to stop nursing my son when I did because I kept getting clogged ducts and it was really causing a great deal of stress on our family with me trying to continue it at that point. My daughter is eating more solids and she can go for about 6 hours at night without nursing, she'll nurse and then sleep for a few more hours without needing it again.
Is there anything I can do, while breastfeeding, to increase my fertility?
#269 of 394 Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post
Congrats to all the new mommies-to-be. I got AF last month, and my LP was quite short, so I'm back on the RRL tea this cycle. If I don't get pg this cycle, I think I'm going to go ahead and completely wean DS (uuhhh, I already feel guilty just contemplating it). Anyway, I hope this is our month, and all the other TTCers out there too!
I just got AF last month, too. DD is just a couple of days older than your son - 8/28/05. I am debating with myself how long I am going try before thinking about weaning her.

Right now, I am on cd16. I was having some CM for several days and now nothing! We were traveling this weekend, so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. All of this TTC is driving me crazy! Before AF last month, I wasn't even thinking about it - now it's always on my mind!

Congrats to all the newly pregnant mamas!
#270 of 394 Old 12-19-2007, 01:59 AM

I have noticed a few posts, in the last few days, have mentioned weaning to increase their chances of conception. I am a bit of a research junky, and I have read from numerous sources that once fertility has returned (with consistency) breastfeeding does not impact your ability to conceive. I am curious if there is some aspect of nursing (while ttc) that I should be considering since we have been trying for a few months.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page