DECEMBER TTC in our 20s - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 515 Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
I know it's too early, I just want to magically know somehow.

I am willing myself to be pregnant, if that's possible. Although if it were I think we'd all be knocked up by now, right?
amen

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#62 of 515 Old 12-03-2007, 08:45 PM

This thread moves so fast while I am away at work, makes me:
Monday Check in:
Date: 12/03/07
Where are you at in your cycle: CD16
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: sad today for no apparant reason
Testing: nope
Thoughts: Got my chart back on track, had high temps for the weekend because I overslept, both days. FF won't let me use the temp corrector with standard membership I don't like the standard membership! Just not as many buttons and doodas for chart obsessing, and don't get the calander with the cool icons and predictor thingys. But, its free, so what are you gonna do? Well, if this cycle follows the last 2 then I should O on thursday(which would be a miracle because, besides the last 2, I haven't had 2 alike in the last year at least). Trying preseed this month, feeling pretty confident, so... who knows, maybe we will all get a BFP for Christmas! Good luck ladies!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#63 of 515 Old 12-03-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Veg-123 View Post
I don't like the standard membership! Just not as many buttons and doodas for chart obsessing, and don't get the calander with the cool icons and predictor thingys. But, its free, so what are you gonna do?
I bought a 30 day membership for $10 a couple of days ago, and now I'm not sure if I should have b/c I won't be temping or using OPKs this cycle (thanks to DH), so that kind of defeats the purpose of having all of those indicators. Besides, my cycle is generally 30-32 days so the stupid thing will most likely run out before my cycle is up.

-
#64 of 515 Old 12-03-2007, 09:10 PM

Monday Check in:

Name: Carlin
Date: 12/03/07
Where are you at in your cycle: CD24
Symptoms if they apply: I've had headaches for a couple days in a row.. ok, that's really grasping at straws. I don't have any symptons.
Testing: If af doesn't show up I'll poas Dec. 13 before we go skiing for the weekend.
Thoughts: I'm wondering if this is going to be another marathon cycle or if the last one was just an anomaly. I'm not at all hopeful this month. It might just be that I don't like November. I hope this is a more normal length cycle and we can get one more try in before the end of the year.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#65 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
oceane I just browsed through your reading list...fun! I found out about j.t. leroy the other night when I discovered, through wikipedia, that a girl I went to high school with was the face of j.t. leroy for 6 years...lol...that was fun and strange to find out.
#66 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlaine View Post
oceane I just browsed through your reading list...fun! I found out about j.t. leroy the other night when I discovered, through wikipedia, that a girl I went to high school with was the face of j.t. leroy for 6 years...lol...that was fun and strange to find out.
thanks for checking out my sig! I read that it was only fake writing anyway... he/she is definitely keeping the rumors going In fact I tried other books by j.t. leroy and I have a really hard time with all of them. I think it's brilliantly done but it gives me the creeps to think about the sexual and other abuse... def. not re-reading again before I'm done TTC for the moment

hh2.gif

#67 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 02:30 PM

Name: AKA_PI
Date: 12/04/07
Where are you at in your cycle: CD30
Symptoms if they apply: Nausea so bad it woke me up out of my sleep. Still sleepy all the time.
Testing: No AF but planning to test on the way home today.
Thoughts: I havent the slightest idea what is going on. my tummy feels hard, nausea, my clothes still fit the same so I don't know. I have some slight cramping so AF could show up tonight or tomorrow. I don't know. Any thoughts?

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#68 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Wow, quiet day in our 20's! Hope everyone is doing well. I am trying to chart CM this month for the first time, I don't really get it. Some days it is hard to decide where I am on the scale. Don't want to go into too much detail because, well, I'm afraid to cross over into TMI territory. We are BD every other day anyway, but I am getting what I think is "better" CM on the off days :.

AKA-PI you have some promising symptoms, when is AF due? I would test, but I tend to be a bad influence when it comes to testing. I'm a pusher.

#69 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 PM

It has definitely been quiet in this thread today!

I've had a little more dizziness today that was very short lived. It felt as if I'd stood up too quickly but I had been standing so I know it wasn't that. I've gone from being starving and not able to get enough food in me to being starving but not really wanting to eat. I finally discovered that Wendy's sounded really good so I had that this afternoon. The salt was exactly what I was wanting which is odd because I have a terrible sweet tooth. I haven't had anymore cramping since last night and that heat in my core is gone but I am having more along the lines of hot flashes now. My energy has been rather low today especially when I was teaching a class this morning and that's unusual for me. BB's feel fine though. I still have a really good feeling about this cycle but as I get closer to test day, I'm feeling more skeptical. Almost like I shouldn't feel this confident so I'm telling myself that it's not possible but deep down I really do feel pregnant. I guess only time will tell.

On another note, the last of my TTC friends IRL is pg. That makes 3 of my real-life friends. I'm so happy for her but she got pg on her first cycle and it was from a one-time BD. : Why can't that be the rest of us???
#70 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 PM

I don't know what I feel. I did buy some dollar tree tests today just so I have them when it's time to test. Still only 7dpo so I have a long time to wait. Or at least it feels like a long time from here!
#71 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
I don't know what I feel. I did buy some dollar tree tests today just so I have them when it's time to test. Still only 7dpo so I have a long time to wait. Or at least it feels like a long time from here!
I hear ya. 2 weeks feels like an eternity even if the days themselves go by quickly. **sigh**
#72 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
I've gone from being starving and not able to get enough food in me to being starving but not really wanting to eat. I still have a really good feeling about this cycle but as I get closer to test day, I'm feeling more skeptical. Almost like I shouldn't feel this confident so I'm telling myself that it's not possible but deep down I really do feel pregnant. I guess only time will tell.
Tara, this is exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with DS. That was the exact cycle of my eating habits. I feel like this is your month! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
On another note, the last of my TTC friends IRL is pg. That makes 3 of my real-life friends. I'm so happy for her but she got pg on her first cycle and it was from a one-time BD. : Why can't that be the rest of us???
I wish it was that easy for all of us.
#73 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
I wish it was that easy for all of us.
Yeah, me three. So ready to be baking in this oven already! Guess some people are just naturals, and the rest of us have to read and reread the recipe.

#74 of 515 Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Veg-123 View Post
Yeah, me three. So ready to be baking in this oven already! Guess some people are just naturals, and the rest of us have to read and reread the recipe.
#75 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 AM

FINALLY my nipples have stopped hurting, after 24 days! :
I still can't believe that I haven't had any cramps this AF - that has never happened in the last 13 years! I hope that continues, cramps suck! I used to have HORRIBLE cramps when I was a teenager - bad enough that I had to go to the ER once.

Well, I won't be posting as much as I did last cycle, obviously, because I don't have much to talk about since I promised DH I wouldn't temp or use OPKs. So I have NO clue when I might ovulate, NO clue when AF might start, etc.

Dh didn't make it easier last night when he stared at my stomach and said, "I wish you were pregnant". Well DUH! : I wish we could just not talk about it. It’s not like we will know when to BD, and not like it will happen when we want it to, anyway.

-
#76 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 11:14 AM

Luna, your dh will change his mind when he realizes that you have no answers to any of his questions about ttc this time around!

Got an e-mail from one of my college friends... she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Pics are adorable, the parents look so happy. So yet another person is a mom now. I never thought it would be this hard to share in their joy.

I'm not convinced I'm going to ovulate this cycle. I'm not getting any fertile cm or anything. I'm going to give it another week, then I'm calling the doctor to end this cycle for me.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#77 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 PM

Well I think it's safe to say I ovulated, making me 3 dpo. I'm kinda nervous that my temps are going to drop again. I always have very sore bbs around ovulation that usually continue until AF, this time nothing. So I'm worried maybe I didn't ovulate. But, if my temp goes up then I definitely ovulated, right? Oh well. Besides the bb thing, I actually feel pretty good about this cycle. If I'm pregnant my due date will be August 24. :

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#78 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
: Dh didn't make it easier last night when he stared at my stomach and said, "I wish you were pregnant". Well DUH! : I wish we could just not talk about it. It’s not like we will know when to BD, and not like it will happen when we want it to, anyway.
At least you know that you and the DH are on the same page (i.e. both seriously wanting to get pg). : I would like to hear from mine that he actually really desires a pregnancy... Even though we've been trying for over a year now, sometimes I think that he's just in it to make me happy and doesn't have a personal desire for a baby.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#79 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Gillian, same here. I ovulated 3-4 days ago, and in previous cycles I've gotten really sore, sensitive nipples after ovulation. This time, nothing.

I'm wondering if it's a hormone thing. Like, when you ovulate but the egg isn't fertilized, your hormones do fun stuff like giving you sore boobs. But if the egg is fertilized, your hormones have more important things to do than mindlessly torture you.

That said, I've had really itchy nipples since last night. Not sore, not tender - just itchy. It's probably nothing, but I prefer to think it's something. :

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#80 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 12:55 PM

Mara, yes. My husband wants us to get pregnant because I want it, not because he really wants it. That used to upset me, but it doesn't anymore. It's too much for me to ask that he just shake off all his anxiety and fear just because I want a baby. He's afraid of our relationship changing, and that's a legitimate fear. He's afraid of being an uninvolved father like both of our fathers, and while I know that's not what will happen, I understand.

I'm letting him do the worrying for us. As long as he's on board, it doesn't matter that he's not doing it for the baby. It's enough that he's doing it for me.

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#81 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
At least you know that you and the DH are on the same page (i.e. both seriously wanting to get pg). : I would like to hear from mine that he actually really desires a pregnancy... Even though we've been trying for over a year now, sometimes I think that he's just in it to make me happy and doesn't have a personal desire for a baby.
Mara - I see in your signature that you had m/cs. Maybe DH is just playing his desire down so he doesn't make you feel bad? I know my DH desperately wants a baby but he tries to play it cool, thinking it helps me. I worry that my last m/c was my fault and he has admitted he didn't want to act overly disappointed and add to my blaming myself. Even with this pregnancy I know he is excited because he lets it slip now and then but he is being cautious because of what happened last time. Have you tried talking to DH about it to see how he really feels?

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#82 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
Mara - I see in your signature that you had m/cs. Maybe DH is just playing his desire down so he doesn't make you feel bad? I know my DH desperately wants a baby but he tries to play it cool, thinking it helps me. I worry that my last m/c was my fault and he has admitted he didn't want to act overly disappointed and add to my blaming myself. Even with this pregnancy I know he is excited because he lets it slip now and then but he is being cautious because of what happened last time. Have you tried talking to DH about it to see how he really feels?
We do talk about it... His fears are founded in money and finances, and of course he's scared about more losses as well. Mostly it's about being the "good provider"-- can we afford a house, can we afford college, can we afford for me to stay home. But he also has a tendency to cover his own emotions, thinking that he's helping me, when in fact it has the opposite effect. Like after the miscarriages, I really needed to KNOW that he was affected by them--that he grieved-- but he was trying to not show those things because he didn't want to "bother" me with his feelings. It took some discussion to hash everything out.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#83 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtime View Post
I'm wondering if it's a hormone thing. Like, when you ovulate but the egg isn't fertilized, your hormones do fun stuff like giving you sore boobs. But if the egg is fertilized, your hormones have more important things to do than mindlessly torture you.
Whatever we can tell ourselves, right? I so hope that's true!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#84 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
We do talk about it... His fears are founded in money and finances, and of course he's scared about more losses as well. Mostly it's about being the "good provider"-- can we afford a house, can we afford college, can we afford for me to stay home. But he also has a tendency to cover his own emotions, thinking that he's helping me, when in fact it has the opposite effect. Like after the miscarriages, I really needed to KNOW that he was affected by them--that he grieved-- but he was trying to not show those things because he didn't want to "bother" me with his feelings. It took some discussion to hash everything out.
Mara...I completely understand...we got pregnant quite by accident as soon as I stopped taking the pill (because it was making me a raving lunatic). We weren't trying at the time and we were living on a somewhat unstable island off the coast of Honduras. We decided to come back to N.America to be closer to our families during the pregnancy and afterwards, and after we got back I m/c. I was devastated and my partner, like yours tends to be less free with his emotions. I very much wanted him to grieve with me...and I think he did in his own way, which is on his own in his head, not out loud or together like me. And although I understand his way of dealing with things, it was still difficult because I found myself constantly questioning whether I was over-reacting or something. Even as I was about to m/c I knew something was wrong and I told him that I thought something wasn't right...his response was "well, don't be so negative...think positive"...I was really hurt at the time but as I look back I know that this too is just how he does things. He internalizes everything. So, now that we are TTC he is the same, but I know that he cares and loves and it matters to him...inside.

I wish you all the best!!!!
#85 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 03:06 PM

My temp took a huge dive today. I'm 8dpo so I'm hoping it's implantation and not a sign of a short LP again. I've been 9-10 days in the past so I guess we'll see in a couple days.
#86 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Well, based on my temps I am pretty sure today was the big O. I just knew yesterdays drop was a sign. I am not totally confident for this month, would feel better if we had BD yesterday, but trying to think positive. Like big fat positive . Hope everyone is having a good day.
Countrybound, I will be thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow, hoping your appt goes well.

#87 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 10:10 PM

Today my nipples/boobs hurt and it is THE weirdest sensation I have ever felt. : It feels like somebody is sticking wire down inside my nipples.. combined with that not-so pleasant feeling of feeling like I haven't been wearing a bra for a week. They just plain hurt!

I am 14DPO and convinced I am not preg. I got a BFN sometime around 13DPO, and my AF is due tomorrow. But this boob pain is totally weird. I think it may be a warning of AF though I have never felt it before.

It's so weird and painful. :
#88 of 515 Old 12-05-2007, 10:11 PM

So....I was pretty convinced that this cycle was another write-off, and I'd either missed ovulation or was having an anovulatory cycle, then (TMI coming) Monday I actually had a pretty good amount of ewcm and my cervix suddenly (like from Monday at noon to Monday after supper) moved super high (almost out of reach), soft and open. We dtd Monday night, Tuesday I had a lower cervix and ewcm, and today the ewcm is gone and cervix is lower, firm and closed. Now I'm thinking I might have o'd on Tuesday which was cd 25. Last cycle was 39 days, so that could actually be pretty consistant, with a 14 day luteal phase.

I have a ski trip coming up on the 14-16. I was planning on testing on Dec. 13 (assuming af doesn't show up before then) just to make sure I could relax and enjoy a couple drinks on the trip, but now I'm thinking that could be too early.

So, what would you do? Test on the 13th at 9 dpo just in case, or just be well behaved for the trip and test once I'm back? I think if I got a bfn at 9 dpo it would be too early to really mean anything anyways, right? But if we did get a bfp, it would be great to have the weekend away to celebrate...

Of course, as soon as I make a decision, af will probably show up and ruin it for me anyways:

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#89 of 515 Old 12-06-2007, 05:21 AM
ACx

It's after midnight, so my appointment is TODAY! OMG FINALLY.

CD 170!!!! :

Ugh. The husband leaves for Iraq in 8 days, so our chances of TTC are out the window, but it will still be nice to find out what the heck is wrong with me!
#90 of 515 Old 12-06-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtime View Post
This sounds completely right to me hah.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page