Mothering Forum banner

Evening Primrose Oil warning for endometriosis/adenomyosis sufferers!!

17K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DextersGirl 
#1 ·
I was researching online this evening because my spotting is a little different than it normally is when I am about to O...and this shocked me. Please be careful if you have endo or adeno.

"It has Estrogenic qualities due to the plant estrogens found in it; while these compete and block estrogen receptors preventing the bodies natural estrogen from uptake; they eventually, after long term use, cause an increase of estrogen within the body, much of it being stored in Tissue - not blood, so unable to test for it. It also can lead to a congested/slowed liver, which is untestable due to no liver enzymes breaking down into the blood, due to excess estrogen building up over that long period of use time, which causes Estrogen Dominance and leads to further Endometriosis Growth instead of Prevention or Cure. So, while covering up the Symptoms of Endo very well via Pain Management; this is not preventing or helping the actual Disease of Endometriosis. Endo is more than pain; Pain is simply a symptom only due to the blood stagnation or Scar tissue positioning, and other symptoms like cysts, etc. BE VERY CAREFUL taking EPO regularly. It will UP YOUR ESTROGEN TISSUE LEVELS AND ENDOMETRIOSIS GROWTH without you even being aware or realizing it, especially since it masks the pain symptoms. PLEASE USE WITH CAUTION!!!!"

I normally spot during O, but this month has been more than usual with loads of cramping. On a whim, I researched it, and the above is what I found. It HAS increased my EWCM, but with a cost.

Please be careful.

Fertile thoughts and actions to us all!

Love,
Christi

See less See more
#2 ·
Eeek! In September I had my right Fallopian tube and ovary removed due to previously undiagnosed endometriosis, and I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to lose the other side, too.

Thanks for this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.