Evening Primrose Oil warning for endometriosis/adenomyosis sufferers!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2007, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was researching online this evening because my spotting is a little different than it normally is when I am about to O...and this shocked me. Please be careful if you have endo or adeno.

"It has Estrogenic qualities due to the plant estrogens found in it; while these compete and block estrogen receptors preventing the bodies natural estrogen from uptake; they eventually, after long term use, cause an increase of estrogen within the body, much of it being stored in Tissue - not blood, so unable to test for it. It also can lead to a congested/slowed liver, which is untestable due to no liver enzymes breaking down into the blood, due to excess estrogen building up over that long period of use time, which causes Estrogen Dominance and leads to further Endometriosis Growth instead of Prevention or Cure. So, while covering up the Symptoms of Endo very well via Pain Management; this is not preventing or helping the actual Disease of Endometriosis. Endo is more than pain; Pain is simply a symptom only due to the blood stagnation or Scar tissue positioning, and other symptoms like cysts, etc. BE VERY CAREFUL taking EPO regularly. It will UP YOUR ESTROGEN TISSUE LEVELS AND ENDOMETRIOSIS GROWTH without you even being aware or realizing it, especially since it masks the pain symptoms. PLEASE USE WITH CAUTION!!!!"

I normally spot during O, but this month has been more than usual with loads of cramping. On a whim, I researched it, and the above is what I found. It HAS increased my EWCM, but with a cost.

Please be careful.

Fertile thoughts and actions to us all!

Love,
Christi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 11:51 PM

Eeek! In September I had my right Fallopian tube and ovary removed due to previously undiagnosed endometriosis, and I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to lose the other side, too.

Thanks for this!

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

Old 12-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Can you give a link as to where you found this info. I need to send the article to a good friend. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Bump...lookong for the site again...

Christi
Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

User Tag List