Anyone else have negative test results till 5 or more weeks pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 12-31-2007, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my son I had tests (home & Dr's) pretty much every week ( my cycle was screwed up when I went off birth control & I was feeling sick & having weird spotting) till I got a positive at the Dr's at 5 weeks... Fast forward to now... I wondering if I could be pregnant again & just getting false negatives b/c it's to soon... My son just turned 1 on Dec, 12th. I had my first ppaf in Aug & then nothing for 4 months. Due to mucus & o pain I'm pretty sure I O'd on Nov 20 & then like clockwork I got my period on Dec, 1... This month has been crazy so I haven't really kept track of anything... My symptoms are - Plump boobs ( I'm still bfing 1 - 3 times a day, but my boobs had been shrinking & feeling empty during the day) Gaining weight despite having been sick ( I have a hard time keeping weight on & always lose weight when I'm sick) Vivid dreams ( half about being in labor) Gross taste in my mouth, slightly higher temp ( my temp doesn't ever change unless I'm sick) Being to hot when I'm ALWAYS cold.... & my lower tummy feeling hard inside.... So I guess I'm wondering how many ladies haven't had positives till 5 weeks or more & how many ladies have had more then one child who had false negatives... Thanks

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#2 of 18 Old 12-31-2007, 04:28 PM

I just wanted to say some woman dont get a BFP till 5 weeks or 6 weeks it can be posable depending on your body. If you had a late pos with your son than usually that will follow with your other children..

Good luck take a test here in a few weeks.
#3 of 18 Old 01-01-2008, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Good to know.
I plan to test at home on Sat (5 week mark) & then go get a blood test the following week whatever the results just to be sure...( I want to start training/riding my horses again if I'm not...)
My temp was 36.9 this morning up from 36.5 yesterday up from 36.1 -36.4 since I had my son & started charting.... So I'm not sure if that means I could be pg or just o'ing...:P
Thanks Babylove!

Here is my chart if anyone has any thoughts on it that would be great... ( the really high temp in the middle is when I had a breast infection/fever)

http://forums.ovusoft.com/chart.asp?...rted%20Cowgirl

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#4 of 18 Old 01-01-2008, 01:55 PM

I have been pregnant twice...once with my daughter and once before that...a pregnancy that did not go to term. In both cases I started feeling pregnant around the time when AF was due...but did not get BFP until about 6 days later. We're TTC now...and I'm imagining it will be the same sort of situation....The only positive thing about it is an early BFN doesn't need to signify anything....

Blessings
#5 of 18 Old 01-02-2008, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your input Jmamasun.

I'm not good at this waiting thing...
My chart now says that I O'd 3 days ago, but without knowing if my temps were up last week already it's hard to tell what is going on... I'm getting a blood test on fri now as I'm starting to feel sicker & sicker... So I guess I'll see where things stand after that...:P

#6 of 18 Old 01-02-2008, 04:49 PM

I hate waiting to hun...
Are you having any symptoms? Sore BBS areola changing to a brown or a reddish brown?

I think you should wait for a blood test.. I would stick with HPTs first....
Unless they do a quan than it might be really usless because there qual test isn't all that sensitive!

Good luck on things I Hope your pregnant
#7 of 18 Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Sore boobs yes... lingering sick to my stomach feeling/headache that is getting worse everyday (I didn't think I was pg w/ ds b/c I had no symptoms & dr. pg tests for weeks b/c of weird spotting etc all neg.. Only reason I found out I was pg is that I threw up all night out of the blue & the dr asked to do a test when I came in) & this morning I woke up w/ a very hard/sore tummy & a pulling feeling in my groin... Smells are driving me crazy...

Well I need to go to the dr anyways to get a Rx for massage for my back & it doesn't cost me anything to get a blood test done. So it's worth a shot...

Thanks!

#8 of 18 Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 PM

Let us know
#9 of 18 Old 01-02-2008, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Will Do...

#10 of 18 Old 01-05-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Well I couldn't get in w/ the Dr. I usually go to... & ended up w/ the worst Dr ever... Pretty much said that there was no way that I would get a negative if I was 1- 2 wks pg & that I must not have been pg when they did the tests w/ my son... Not what my baby Dr. said or the ultrasound at 12 wks said & he was born a week early... But hey she's the Dr. so she must be right... :P Told me to come back next week... As if... So I guess I'll just assume I'm not & keep doing what I'm doing & if I don't get my period I'll test every 2 weeks like my baby Dr. told me to...& then if I get a positive at some point I'll confirm it w/ her...(she's really hard to get a non pre-natal appointment w/ hence why I didn't go to her this time)

#11 of 18 Old 01-05-2008, 03:00 PM

OMG! That really sucks..
Since you didn't get a BFP till late with your son you might now with this pregnancy till late..
Don't give up hopes yet. Just kinda relax and if you go on with buisness you never know you might be supprised with a BFP.
Thats how it goes with me if I just forget about it I get a BFP the more I test and think I never do.. ODD HUH?
I wish you luck and keep me posted feel free to PM me if you want
#12 of 18 Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 PM

That happened to me with my second son. I got a negative pregnancy test at 4 weeks. I took another test at 5 weeks when I couldn't button my pants and got a

Good Luck
#13 of 18 Old 01-05-2008, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks

With my ds we had just talked about trying to get pregnant a couple of day before we found out I was pg... So this waiting game thing is new to me & I'm not very good at it...:P But I'm going to try to relax & just let things happen... So I'm off to ride my horse ( must relaxing thing ever for me) & try not to think about babies for a while....

I'll let you know what happens

#14 of 18 Old 01-06-2008, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Well... hope is officially gone... I woke up, took my temp & was excited to see that it was still up only to go check my cf & find out that af arrived... Which also means that unless my temp went up the week that I didn't temp there isn't enough time between when I o & af to get pregnant...

#15 of 18 Old 01-06-2008, 03:09 PM

I'm so sorry OSTC!
I really hope you get pregnant this cycle..
Sorry you had to go through all this..
#16 of 18 Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 AM

I was still getting negative HPT at 7 weeks when I miscarried.
I don't trust HPT's and I would never trust a doctor that did.
#17 of 18 Old 01-08-2008, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

I hope so to, but I kind of doubt it will happen anytime soon as my lp is only 9 days at this point... This is the first time since I was like 16 that I've had 2 afs in a row though instead of nothing for 3 - 4 months at a time... So hopefully my body is finally going back to normal after being on b/c.

#18 of 18 Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry to hear about your lose SunnyKat.

I don't put much faith in Dr's who swear by HPT either, as one of them tried to put me on major b/c when I would have been pg with my son as he thought that it would make my cycle normal again ( & it was b/c that screwed my body up in the first place)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page