TTC #1 in Our 30's: January 2008 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 221 Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope the tea and toast hit the spot. As for me, I think it's bedtime. Good night/ morning, frog!
#182 of 221 Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 AM

tested BFN..knew it was wishful thinking.....

Rivka - sorry you had to make such a tough decision.

Frog - glad you're feeling better.
#183 of 221 Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymama2b View Post
Rivka, I'm so sorry that you are having to put TTC on hold, that must be *so* hard. But good for you for trying to find the positive. What was the CT scan for again (I'm sure you've said but I don't remember , sorry!)?
ct is to get a better look at why i have a ovary hurting me for over two months straight. not sure if it is going to tell me anything, but who knows now that my cycle is closer to being 100 days than it is to being normal, i dont assume anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Rivka, I'm so impressed by your strength and optimism. I could learn a lot from you.
i could say the same about you, we got a amazing group here

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#184 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 AM

OK my 70's born friends! How are we all?

Rivka, HUGS!!! and more HUGS! I am so sorry this is *what is* right now. And I'm sorry you're still suffering with the neverending cycle. Oh dear. This really must be disappointing. Your attitude right now rocks, btw. I hope in the coming weeks you will find much comfort, and that the time before trying again opens many doors for your whole person that will enhance both your sense of yourself and your feelings about motherhood. As for the blood work you mentioned, I'm not sure but high testost. can be an indication of PCOS but I think you already ruled that out with your doc, right? Here's to health and happiness.

Frog, Glad you're on the mend! I got zonked last week with a whopping sinus/throat free-for-all. I had great luck using my neti pot with pink sea salt.
+:= That is as far into math as I am willing to go today.

Kiya, You asked a good quest. Am I possibly mad at myself/body too? I've given it some thought and my intuition says no. I really love my body and very much believe in it. I've tried so hard to take good care of it. I think I'm still kind of mourning the fact that it's not going to happen as is for me. It's still so hard to believe. I have a lot of preg. dreams and it feels so right. I have always felt fertile. Your ques. though makes me want to remind myself of the body love/faith I do have and make sure I keep that feeling very much alive. I did do a yoga practice yesterday and I felt like I was able to work through some of that woe and I've felt a lot better since. I'm just really somatic with my emotions I think, so I'll keep showing up on the mat even though it's tough.
Also, Yahoo! for your clear HSG and my lord, you really thought it wasn't so painful? Can't wait to hear how the cooking contest went! How fun!

Jem, I'm sorry about the bfn. Really. Hope I didn't contribute to any disappointment. HUGS. I'm rooting for you!!

Jencat, HI! Hope you had a great weekend w/ DH! Babydust for this cycle all around! And maybe a few more virtual brownies.

Michelle, Yeah for Fiberbaby! I LOVE getting updates from you! Continued blessings to you and fiberbean!

Well....the polypectomy's tomorrow. C'mon polypectomy! Do me good! The yeah-ra-ra thing is the only way I can gear up for this!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#185 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Well....the polypectomy's tomorrow. C'mon polypectomy! Do me good! The yeah-ra-ra thing is the only way I can gear up for this!
All positive thoughts and prayers are with you, poet.
#186 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

I'm thinking of you poet - here's to hoping that the polypectomy goes very, very, VERY well!!! :

He did miserably, 3rd from last. But - we were both actually really excited, as they loved his food - it was the floor judges that dinged him for most of the points, because of rookie mistakes.....but know we know, and he's DEFINITELY going to be entering more, so I know we'll do nothing but get better.
Also, he's got a interview for a potentially FABULOUS job - so any good thoughts aimed this way around 11ish would be fabulous.

Do you still want to be threadkeeper next month, Rivka?

No...well, yes. I guess they did ultrasound, as that's what the dildoprobe is, right? Intravaginal ultrasound, I think?

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#187 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Oh, the dildocam. <shudders>
#188 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 02:38 PM

Yes i would still be very happy to take care of the thread. I will be spending my month getting tests and figuring things out. Meanwhile it makes me feel good to pitch in. Not to mention keep up with all that is happing with you girls!

I am headed in for my CT scan in a few minutes and the whole valley is covered in out first real snow of the year, just looks soo pretty. DH says that after my CT I can come find him and he will take me for a walk in it for lunch.

I just spent two days reading about PCOS, witch i had always assumed i never had , since i had a pretty regular AF (used to!) the more i read and after some preliminary test, it is looking like something that is way more possible and would explain 5 or 6 other seemingly unrelated health issues i have been dealing with in the last few years. So i am getting myself referred to a RE and will look into it more.

Thinking of you, Poet!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#189 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 05:27 PM

Very quick post (as I need to jump in the shower and get ready for my ultrasound)...

:: to Poet and Rivka today for their various procedures/ tests ::

In other news, I'm sick (headache, mild fever, SORE throat), slept horribly (kept poor DH up), and then was woken up early when DH got up to go to work. My throat was so sore I got up, took some ibuprofen (for fever/ inflammation) and ate some frozen yogurt, then crawled back into bed only to be woken up by the phone. The odd thing about how DH has the phone set up in our apartment is, he has the ringer on the phone in our bedroom turned off, but there is a little speaker on the phone base and when the answering machine kicks in, you can hear it loud and clear. Anyway, the phone call was an automated message from my "bank" saying their were some suspicious charges on my account and to call back their fraud department at (insert number here). So, clearly, I had to get up and log in and look at my account and, yes, there were several charges (read 8-9 to the tune of ~$900) that I did not make . So... I call my bank at the number on their website, not the number left on my answering machine because what if whoever called me was trying to get more info to steal more of my identity? Anyway, after getting half way through the process and getting cut-off 2 different times, finally on the third time the bank explains that I can only dispute the charges once they are processed (all but one of the charges was listed as "pending") unless I call each of the merchants and get the 6 digit authorization code from them and then call my bank back:.

Did I mention that I was sick and didn't sleep well?

The largest single charge (~$740) was the first that was made, it was made several days before the other charges, and it was the only one that had been processed. And it was to Paypal. Interesting, because I don't have a paypal account. (Although, if you are dealing with a merchant online who only accepts paypal, there are ways to use it without setting up an account-- i.e. you pay paypal with a debit card and they pay the merchant. Confused yet?) So, while I was on hold with the bank, I picked up my other phone and called paypal's customer service to investigate what this charge was for (to make absolutely sure that it wasn't something I actually bought) and the nice people there said a) the amount had already been refunded by the "merchant" (who was a person and not a company and for who they had no phone number listed) and would take a few more days to show up back in my account and b) that their own fraud detection people had flagged the transaction and were investigating it. To give you an idea of how long I was on hold with the bank, I completed the whole conversation with paypal before being taken off of hold.

To be continued... (I meant to make a short post and then go get in the shower and now I really need to go get in the shower and get ready to go )
#190 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM

Poet, coming out of lurkdom to wish you well with your polypectomy.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#191 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 PM

Thanks y'all! Your support is the cat's pajamas. Thank you!
They should make a line of cards for uncomfortable procedures in the female repro. area, really!

~Sorry to hear your ovaries were unnecessarily prodded. Hope you're on the mend soon.~
~Best wishes on your polypectomy, today and always~
~Wishing all your dreams come true during your dildocam~
~Hugs and Kisses on the occasion of your annual pap~

Well, there's Super Tues., but I think this is Super Monday for this thread--a polypect., an u/s and a CT. Very impressive. Any reports yet? I don't go until 4pm and I'm on the West Coast. : All kidding aside, Rivka and Mischievium, :::
: for good clear results, competent and supportive care, a low level of discomfort and much relief to have these things behind you.
I'll check back in tonight...

#192 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
They should make a line of cards for uncomfortable procedures in the female repro. area, really!

~Sorry to hear your ovaries were unnecessarily prodded. Hope you're on the mend soon.~
~Best wishes on your polypectomy, today and always~
~Hugs and Kisses on the occasion of your annual pap~
::

Poet that has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time! (and not a bad idea!)
#193 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
:

oh so good our dear poet, so good!

CT went fine, wow has anyone ever been given IV iodine?, the strangest feeling ever! a few seconds after they do it, you get a huge rush of warmth in your labia and that general area, comes on so fast you would swear you just pissed your pants! luckily they tell you just this, so you don't yelp in shock!

Other than that tidbit of trivia, everything when smooth, test back to doc in a few days, expect to talk to him start of next week, how bout the rest of you gals?

oh and just have to share this, not sure if pseudo political satire is appropriate for the board, but i found this just too funny today"

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fall on the
same day.

As Air America Radio pointed out:
"It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication. The other involves a groundhog."

#194 of 221 Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 PM

I'm glad I wrote that before because now I need a laugh. I really wish just one thing could work here. Just one. The polypectomy did not happen. She did a hysteroscopy, incredibly painful procedure during which I almost threw up/passed out from discomfort. Not a dildocam, but a very skinny probe cam that went up into the uterus and checked out the polyp. Apparently if a polyp is flat across they can't snip it, you have to have surgery in which you are put out and it's sanded down (just dreadful verbs being used for these things). So mine was at the base of uterus, flat across the size of a pencil eraser w/ 2 little ones near it. She's sending the photos to my RE so he can decide if we leave it alone or do the surgery. She said fert. drugs can make polyps bigger (oh great) and so can all the elevated hormones during preg. and sometimes polyps can maybe screw up your hormone levels period, but it's all speculation. We are continuing to try. Whatever. How does the saying go:
I can't go on, I go on. DH and I sang "Let it Be" on the ride home. (throws hand up in air)

#195 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 AM

"and it's sanded down..... "

oh dear i don't like those verbs either, so sorry

i do like the singing however, so here is to less of the sanding and more of the singing!

#196 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka ? View Post
"and it's sanded down..... "

oh dear i don't like those verbs either, so sorry

i do like the singing however, so here is to less of the sanding and more of the singing!
Thanks R. Glad the CT went well today too. I loved the groundhog comments BTW. Ha ha! Thinking of you esp. watching the SOTU address. If we're removing troops, why is Rivka's DH being deployed for another 15 mths?

#197 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 AM

Holy cow ladies, I'm so behind! And I have little time. Have to pack tonight and clean the house to prepare for our trip tomorrow. Going to Michigan for a week... should be fun!

My best wishes and sympathies for all the uncomfortableness, the stress, the anger, the procedures, the deployments, and the dildocam. Have to say, it took me a while to figure that one out. Not sure why... I'm certainly not a prude! But sometimes I don't get jokes...

Well ladies! I'll probably check in from Michigan as an occasional break from my family craziness!

Stay positive and peaceful!
#198 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 03:06 AM

greetings and love to all -- i've just gotten caught up with you.

i've been taking 3 classes and working full time (and though i can easily surf at work, i've gotten paranoid about looking up fertility things recently). i'll also take this opportunity to apologize in advance, and i'll try not to apologize again, for being an irregular regular. besides my hectic schedule, i think that it's also going to be due to the fact that, well, i try not to think about my predicament, because, (and i'm sure you understand), it makes me feel despondent. so my obsessing comes in fits and starts. sometimes i'm sad/worried and other times i manage not to think about it.

i'm on CD27. took an early HPT with a BFN. sad, but not agonizingly so. i already knew, or more so my husband knew. it what's called the chocolate milk test. if i somehow happen to buy chocolate milk towards the end of my cycle, i'm done for: i know my period's on the way. it's a very specific craving that i'll get right before. for the last few months on the days before AF i'd just look for a few extra seconds at the chocolate milk in a beverage fridge at work and i'd know i'm done for.

though as a side note, i was wondering if i would get it anyway if i was pregnant. after all, it must be associated with some hormone, right? progesterone's the big one. but that happens with pg too, so don't know if it's a foolproof theory yet. a priori, ad hoc priori (what's that latin phrase again?).

*TESTING*
so seeing as how AF is most likely on the way, i'm thinking of starting the hormonal battery that my naturopath gave me. works like this: spit in a vial on the days indicated in the kit, about every 3 days, and then send the whole thing in to be tested. total cost -- $225. also the boy is going to do a sperm work up too. total cost -- $75. besides a thyroid & 21 day progesterone blood draw, this would be my first big test. it would be month 10 of ttc for me.

so a question, or questions -- do you think it's too soon to start with this? i'd be paying out of pocket. it's steep and though we can afford it now, i don't want to if i don't have to. i'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't hit the 12 month mark (hugs to mischievium). i know that it'd be emotionally difficult, of course, but also financially. neither me nor DH has insurance that covers any infertility. which is why i was thinking that it wouldn't hurt to get the tests now, since they wouldn't be covered anyway. but does anyone know if a saliva hormonal workout is considered useful for other doctors as well? in other words, would i have to get the tests all over again if and when i go to a conventional doctor? also, can doctors do workups for infertility and say that it's something else, trying to work around insurance restrictions? do you all have insurance or are you paying out of pocket?

i'm asking more then i intended, but any response to any questions are appreciated.

thanks,
ms sig
now 32

Happy mama to a toddler & baby, dd happytears.gif born 10/18/08, and ds  baby.gifborn 10/3/10.
#199 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 04:58 AM

oh! and i've figured out how to tag on a chart (or more correctly, read the excellent tutorial posted earlier this month) thanks

Happy mama to a toddler & baby, dd happytears.gif born 10/18/08, and ds  baby.gifborn 10/3/10.
#200 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 11:00 AM

Hi All! Just wanted to stop in and say HI! I briefly read through some posts...
my mind is mush but I wanted to wish those having the procedures GOOD LUCK and I will be praying for positive results. I said the same thing about the HSG.. pass out and puke at the same time! NO FUN! Thanks to the preggos stopping and and giving updates and good vibes to all! Wishing you all lots of baby dust for Valentine beans! No new news here... investigation still ongoing, still hard but I have been reading more this past month than I have since I was in college... maybe more My 34th b-day is February 15th and my best friend is coming in from Texas so I am excited to see her. Other than that, time seems to fly by, trying to tolerate work and my new Wii has been an amazing brain break! DH has been great through everything and we are even going to a grief counseling group together. Of course still not eating consistently, nor sleeping well all nights. So surgery is on hold yet again. DH really wants to try now and even slipped in (hopefully an appropriate use of terminology) a whoopsie (purposeful) moment the other day. I was not happy seeing that I would rather have my surgery first and not continue to go through this. My co-worker had her baby last week. I picked her up at the hospital and bought her some baby necessities since it was a week earlier than the scheduled C-section. It was hard but always nice to see a little one. One of my best friends is pregnant again and didn't want to tell me because she was afraid with everything going on it would upset me. It is nice that people can be sensitive at times about our struggles! It is also nice to hear good news for a change! Wishing you all lots of luck and thinking about you all daily... even though I don't get on here as much as I would like to!

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#201 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 PM

laura, to you in your continued recovery. kudos on the wii. we got one as well. for my recent birthday i got super mario galaxy & just played it for hours last night. so much fun! highly recommended if you didn't already get it. :bounce

#202 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Laura....just

Welcome back Ms Sig - don't feel bad at all about being an irregular regular - I'll have to double check to see if your chart is on the list so we can stalk you from afar....and I don't think it's too soon to start at all - if everything is clear, that's one less thing to be concerned about - if it isn't clear, it gives you knowledge to work with.
I have insurance paying for my tests, and I don't know if the doc would make you redo the workup - possibly.

Have fun in Michigan, Jen!!

*wince* *ouch* and ohdear me!!! Poet!! Yes, Sanding is distinctly not a good verb to be applied to ANYTHING inside of me, much less the ute! If the RE opts to leave them be, what would that mean going forward? You were pretty certain they were going to remove them, eh? And I LOVE the line of greeting cards!!! :roflmao:

No, definitely never had IV iodine Rivka - that sounds - interesting! Glad it was a 'comfortable' test, at least. And at the Political joke - I had actually totally forgotten it was yesterday. Lies, more lies, and damn lies, is all I have to say.

That's a SHORT post, Mischeivium? I'm in terror of a long one!!! And ugh!!! We had to deal with that a few months ago - it was REALLY a pain in the kiester - but, we eventually got all of our money back. Do you have any idea how they got your information?

#203 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 03:10 PM

Earthymama, I accepted your invitation to join this thread, and I'm happy to have found you all!

I'm 36, TTC#1, and we're on our second cycle of trying; I think I ovulated on 1/25 or 1/26. (Ovusoft keeps changing its mind, and I was on meds over the weekend that seem to have messed with my temps, but it's somewhere on one of those days. ) I'm not sure if our timing was great this time, because I wasn't feeling well, but am keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm currently taking Vitex, Maca, Vitamins B6, B Complex, and C to help lengthen a shortish (but very regular) cycle and LP, and have had lots of luck with them (especially once I added B-complex and C).

I hope to test in about a week or so. Glad to meet you - I've enjoyed reading this thread and getting caught up.
#204 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Oh, Rivka and Poet, on yesterday's procedures. Rivka, yipes about the IV iodine! Poet, the medical profession really needs to find a suitable euphemism for "sanding".

Laura, it's good to "see" you again. I hope you find more and more peace and solace over time.

I've learned that I can't read pregnancy threads without going absolutely insane with worry--just like I couldn't troll TTC threads and retain my sanity before. I swear, I have med student syndrome: I think I have every problem ever mentioned. Yikes!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#205 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome nonsense!! I was hoping you could come on over - do you have a link to your chart you would like to share as well?

#206 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymama2b View Post
Welcome nonsense!! I was hoping you could come on over - do you have a link to your chart you would like to share as well?
Thanks, Earthymama! Glad to be here! This is the link to my chart: http://forums.ovusoft.com/chart.asp?...ecious&tc=0&p=
#207 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Welcome NonsensePrecious! (love the name)

Well I am doing a quickie here. Sure am bummed about yesterday's flop. We really planned everything out perfect for this to happen...it was CD7, we were still going to try w/ progest. then I go to Puget Sound for my residency 2/12-2/25 and I O right after I get back. Now w/ a possible surgery out there, that wouldn't be able to happen until AFTER 2/25, which really puts us into March. Tomorrow DH and I leave for a writing conference in NYC until Sun, so I'll be off for a while. I will be ovulating while we're gone and get this, we are staying with friends in NYC who are 5 mths preg so we'll be in the guest room now nursery! I love them though and have been up front about what I'm dealing with and they're awesome and maybe BDing in a soon-to-be baby room will have a magic charm.
It will be good to get away from all this I think. As far as how will having a polyp if I'm pregnant affect things, well no one rally knows. It could be fine. Many theorize it's not an issue. Others say it can get bigger with preg. hormones and then I wonder if it could contribute to m/c or make a nat. birth difficult. As long as it's inconclusive, I think we have to just keep trying. At this point this cycle is non-med so the chances are so low. It will really be hard if we can't get another good try until late in March. We are probably moving in the summer from SF and we just really want to be preg. before then because my RE is great and the care is really diligent.

Sorry to be so self-focused here. That's my nutshell. GL to anyone in the 2WW. I look forward to catching up again next week.

p.s. Mischievium, I am so sorry about your ill/identity theft ick-fest! How dreadful. Hope you got it worked out. How was the u/s BTW? I was wondering if you go to Kaiser in SF? I was tempted to scream Mischievium!!! down the OB/GYN hall when I went in yesterday just in case.

#208 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Forgot to say, LAURA, really good to hear from you. My heart continues to ache for this time in your life. HUGS. I am so glad your DH has been great. Prayers for your days and more for your nights. Much peace to your family.

#209 of 221 Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka  View Post
I will spend my time and focus on getting my body back on a great cycle and exploring why I have been topsy turvy. I will also focus on setting up my life as full and rewarding even before I get my baby (return to school, do some wanted travels), all the more for that little bundle of magic to come into..
Rivka, I think this is an AMAZING attitude, and I know it will make you an even better parent and partner. Go you!

Poetgirl, good luck with everything! It sounds like you have some action-packed weeks coming up!
#210 of 221 Old 01-30-2008, 01:12 AM

Poet, how frustrating! When is your RE supposed to let you know if he thinks the polyps need removal? I was at CPMC yesterday and I, too, was looking around with my mental checklist (skinny, looks like a poet, could use a hug and apparently a greeting card), but there actually were very few people in the waiting room and none of them fit my mental description of you.

Rivka-- about the Groundhog! Glad to hear your CT scan went well and was minimally uncomfortable!

jencat-- thanks for the love and have a good time in Michigan!

ms sig -- sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now! About testing or not, my advice would be yes go ahead and get started with the testing, because (as I'm finding out) testing and treatment can take a LONG time. BUT, I would also say, what is your intuition telling you? My intuition was that there was a problem and so I sought testing and help earlier (we did the Fertell test at 7-8mos TTC).

Laura-- You have been and continue to be in my thoughts, I wish I had something more comforting and profound to offer than cyberHugs, but they'll have to do for now .

Welcome NonsensePrecious!

As for me... I'm still sick : and waiting for the OB to call me back about the results of the ultrasound (we need a smilie for waiting that taps its fingers and checks its watch ).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page