Nursing Mamas TTC in January!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2008, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWare View Post
Tell me more about your experience with vitex! I am thinking about starting. My baby is 18months, no AF, and breastfeeding a couple of times a day and at night.
I took vitex for months before it worked lol about 3 or 4 months i think? I never got af. I actually went to my ob and he was all freaked out i hadnt got a pp period at 17 months and prescribed meds (to bring on an af) followed by clomid. i took the meds but never got to the clomid b/c i was already preggers!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhicitta3 View Post
I took vitex for months before it worked lol about 3 or 4 months i think? I never got af. I actually went to my ob and he was all freaked out i hadnt got a pp period at 17 months and prescribed meds (to bring on an af) followed by clomid. i took the meds but never got to the clomid b/c i was already preggers!
What meds did the Dr. give you?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofmany View Post
What meds did the Dr. give you?
Provera
I had to look it up,I couldnt remember what it was when I posted earlier. It was supposed to bring on af and then i was to take the clomid. i took two rounds of the provera and nada then i started getting REALLY sick and they thought it was a side effect of the provera. I was having cramping so the did a transvaginal US and wowza there was a heart and I was 7 weeks along! Go figure!

Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhicitta3 View Post
Provera
I had to look it up,I couldnt remember what it was when I posted earlier. It was supposed to bring on af and then i was to take the clomid. i took two rounds of the provera and nada then i started getting REALLY sick and they thought it was a side effect of the provera. I was having cramping so the did a transvaginal US and wowza there was a heart and I was 7 weeks along! Go figure!
Thanks!!! I doubt I would go as far as Provera, but I'm so impatient for that first AF to show up. I've tested and I am not pregnant, but I was hoping. It's never taken this long to get AF back.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

yeah i learned from that experience that patience pays off and it will all happen in time...

Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 AM

Took DS to Karate lesson today. In the lobby where all the parents sit there were two women talking. One is 4 months pg and the other just a few weeks pg. It was so hard for me to sit there right next to them (no other place to sit) while they talked about pg.

So I came home and bid on a bunch of clothes on ebay for me....not maternity. Pretty non-maternity clothes. So at least I'll be getting some nice clothes!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

sorry Kleine it definately is hard when you want a baby so bad and it seems everyone else around you is popping up preggers! Enjoy your clothes...I bet you will look great in them!

Old 01-05-2008, 12:08 PM

I'm sorry too Kleine! Ugh, my sister is pregnant, and the way she talks it's the worst thing in the world. Seeing her at Christmas, complaining & being so self-centered, I said I'd gladly take your place. She shut up after that.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:01 PM

I got a BFN this morning. I was sooo hoping this was the month!

This month I'm going to look into accupuncture or something. I'm already under chiropractic care. I conceived very quickly the first two times. I've had 4 cycles now without a BFP (Although cycle 2 was probably an early miscarriage.) I know I'm being impatient but I'd rather be proactive. Any ideas on other things I can do to improve my chances to conceive?

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 01-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Who here was talking about a yeast infection? Naturalmamaof1? I have one now. Told DH to get me a 3 day med pack and then I'll follow up with a week of acidophilos capsules. You might want to try that. I always have to follow through with a week of it. I get the capsules and insert vaginally every night.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post
I got a BFN this morning. I was sooo hoping this was the month!

This month I'm going to look into accupuncture or something. I'm already under chiropractic care. I conceived very quickly the first two times. I've had 4 cycles now without a BFP (Although cycle 2 was probably an early miscarriage.) I know I'm being impatient but I'd rather be proactive. Any ideas on other things I can do to improve my chances to conceive?
I'm sorry. It's hard when everything says that we should be pg and we aren't. Have sex at the right time, take care of our bodies, we know our fertility signs, and yet nothing.

What do you feel like doing next?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:07 PM

Negative test here too. Although I'm not surprised, I'm pretty sure now that I haven't O'd yet. I started temping and charting CM today so hopefully will be able to know when I do and will catch that first egg. Still disappointing though. to all those feeling down today

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 10 DPO today, which is the longest LP I've had yet postpartum. So that's good news. I think AF is coming soon though, my temp this AM was only .10 above my coverline.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Hey nursing mamas!!! How's everyone doing? I'm pretty impatien here too!! I'm sorry for the - tests mamas. . . soon though I'm sure we will all get our +!!!

Kleine Hexe: I was doing some research on yeast infections during the tww. . . expecting to get really bad news like risk of misscarriage or failure to implant or something like that, but turns out getting a yeast infection, as much as they suck is a very early pregnancy sypmtom! Also its a sign that your estregon is reaching the threshold of being able to support a pg. I read that getting a yeast infection means there are more natural estrogen circulationing around down there and killing off good bacteria. You could probably do some more research on the subject.

As for me: I'm feeling pg. I gotta be!!! This is for sure my month!! Although if I concieved on Sat like I think then it would be Dec. So who knows I think I'm gonna start testing on Mon/Tue at 9/10DPO and see what I get. I think I usually get late bfp's with Dakota I didnt get a + till at least 4wks along! (I guess I didn't start testing then so who knows) I'm feeling kinda nausaus today, Also so so tired, I tried to take a nap with Dakota but couldn't turn off the mind chatter. I asked my body for a sign, woke up feeling sick maybe I was just tired and couldn't get to sleep sick though. My acne is starting to clear up (only clear when I was pg!) I haven't been checking my cp/cm due to my yeast infection I probably won't either. Also my nips are starting to get sensitive. Started yesterday which is way early for me to be getting pms problems!!! Anyway 7 1/2 dpo feeling anxious!!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 01-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I'm sorry. It's hard when everything says that we should be pg and we aren't. Have sex at the right time, take care of our bodies, we know our fertility signs, and yet nothing.

What do you feel like doing next?
You said it! I think I'll look into accupuncture. I don't know much about it but it certainly can't hurt. If there is any problem with my fertility maybe it will help. I guess I just want to be doing SOMETHING I feel is proactive, not just waiting a couple more months and then seeking testing for infertility. I don't trust the medical model and want to avoid MDs as much as possible.

I just got Taking Charge of Your Fertility in the mail yesterday. So I look forward to reading that. I would think I'll get some ideas from that.

Off Topic but interesting:
I also got a book called The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth. (That way I'd have a great book to read whether I got a BFN or BFP this month!) Of course I dove right into it. It's a great book! I wish I had read it before my first or second delivery. It could have changed the course of everything! Even though I planned homebirths both times and thought I had the right support, both births ended with C-section and my belief that it could have been different.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 PM

Hey Jr'smom: I tried accupuncture, although I've only had a few treatments, I highly highly reccomend it!!! With out a doubt it is really really good. I whole heartidly believe in chinese medicine and also avoid md's as much as possible too, Accupuncture is calming, relaxing, rejuvinating and just good all around. It helped me even out my cycles brought on a much stronger o and gave me a boost in my progesterone levels and left me feeling very grounded. She also gave me hebs which I take and I feel are working. Accupunture is really worth the investment!!! I know exactly how you are feeling, like wanting to be more proactive and all. Its really hard to feel in control when you feel so out of control!

Dreamsindigital: Congrats on the long LP!! Are you taking b-complex?? Spec. B-6? That is sopposed to help a great deal in lp's. I had a normal 13/14 day lp and wanted to take b-complex just for taking extra good vitiams and it increased it by a day! Now I have a long lp at sometimes 15/16 days!!! Then I get all excited thinking I'm pg when I'm actually right on time! !!

Good luck to you all you nursing mamas!!!

Me: Still totally feel pg. Felt car sick and quesy. really really tired an just different. I think its gonna be a + on tue or wed. . . (10/11dpo) I just got susan weed's Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Years which is sopposed to be a good book on herbs for fertility and pregnancy so I am gonna read it and try some stuff!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 01-06-2008, 02:42 AM

This is our first cycle TTC#2, and I'm still waiting to O here. Today (CD 18) has got to be the O day -- last cycle was CD 17, the one before CD 18. Unfortunately I had hardly any good cervical fluid this cycle. And the little EWCF I did have wasn't on the same days my cervix was soft and open! Don't those signs know they're supposed to line up so I can have a textbook chart?

I think there's been less CF in general while TTC #2. I don't know if that's because I'm three years older now (I'm 38) and CF is supposed to decrease with age, or if it's related to breastfeeding. Anyone know?
Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM

Nicole R: I'm not sure about the age related cf, but you can increase it with evening primrose oil, drinking lot's of water, or using the sperm freindly preseed lube. HTH!

Where is everyone???!!! I feel like I'm posting with my obsessed self sometimes! I'm 8 1/2 dpo and feeling really anxious! I just want to know if I'm pg or not. I have a good feeling but now the thoughts of what if I'm not creep in and I get so upset thinking about doing this again next month!! I am so sick of the sex, the postion, the pillows the tracking the opk's the calander the calcultions the whole ttc thing!
I thought about taking a break net month but how could I in good conscience not track my fertility signs and time our sex!! Urg I'm hoping my intution is right!

Old 01-06-2008, 03:44 PM

I think I'm O'ing today, but DH is OOT until tonight. Hopefully we can BD tonight or tomorrow, and it'll be OK. We BD yesterday before he left for work, so fingers crossed!

naturalmamaof1-I hope you get a BFP!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 01-06-2008, 05:02 PM

Not to jinx myself, but I think AF is about to show up! I've been having a lot of discharge, so I hope it's happening. DD has been wanting to nurse A LOT the past couple of days too.

Good luck everybody!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:34 PM

Subbing to this thread.

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
Old 01-06-2008, 05:36 PM

Subbing to this thread.
edited because I forgot to sub! :

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
Old 01-06-2008, 06:12 PM

Yeast infections suck! At least I'm post O and I don't have to worry about BD'ing any time soon.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:49 AM

Where can I go to read up on what all of the abbreviations for words in the mothering forum? I don't quite know the lingo just yet.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Can I be added in Waiting to Catch the Firt PP eggie. Said eggie may have actually already come on New years eveish range, but won't know until the 14th when I should either get a period or a positive if I did O. Unfortunately, this would be horrible timing as I'll likely be in the hospital with my youngest, but alas, I'd still be thrilled!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM

Naturalmommyof1,
I am rooting for you!
Good luck!!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:58 PM

Please move me to the 2ww!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 01-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Hey mamas! I'm just lurking, not even sure what CD I'm on. I haven't decided if we're going to try this month or not... I have an RE appt on April 1st, so I'd kind of like to wait til then to find out what's up with the miscarriages, but I just had the HSG and apparently your chances of getting pg are higher for a couple of months after having it done. I don't want to "waste" these next couple of months, kwim?

Annnyway, I guess I'll just keep hanging around here! I have a week or so til O, anyway

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWare View Post
Where can I go to read up on what all of the abbreviations for words in the mothering forum? I don't quite know the lingo just yet.
Try the Questions and Suggestions forum.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 PM

Hey nursing mamas!!! We had the best day today. . . DH has a little tummy ache so he stayed home from work, and for some crazy reason Dakota slept in until 10 am !!! So we all slept nice in cozy until then!!!!!! Then we went out for breakfast, went for a nice drive and came, home and I put Dakota down for a nap and I joined him, we both slept for two hours!!! Dak, must be needing to catch up on his sleep and I feel so thankful I can join him! This is a kid who generally gets up at 10 to 5!! Swear to god!!!

As for me I took an opk this am as a hpt and it came out +, not sure what is going on, feel totally pg, I'm gonna test tommorow (10 1/2dpo) and see waht I get. Heck I may even test tonight for the fun of it! It kinda de-sensitizes me from seeing those hearth wretching - kwim??!! I'm optimistic this month so wish me tons of luck and sticky baby dust (the pink kind!) Thnaks!

User Tag List