Old 01-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
I sure hope this is it for you!!
ying

Thanks Hanny!!! I'm tring to be + b4 a +!!! As far as weaning goes, I'm not sure What I will do next month. I'm trying to get Dakota to nap in the car more so maybe that will cut him back. I did have an early m/c in sept, so Iknow I can get pg, its just a matter of it sticking. Ijust see some moms getting pg right away while nursing their 3mo-6mo and think why can't that be me.!!!! urgh. I'm starting to feel so exhausted I'm hopinh this is a good sign! I will be testing this weekend, and if I chicken out and af still isn't here then monday or tuesday.

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I sure hope this is it for you!!
ying

Thanks Hanny!!! I'm tring to be + b4 a +!!! As far as weaning goes, I'm not sure What I will do next month. I'm trying to get Dakota to nap in the car more so maybe that will cut him back. I did have an early m/c in sept, so Iknow I can get pg, its just a matter of it sticking. Ijust see some moms getting pg right away while nursing their 3mo-6mo and think why can't that be me.!!!! urgh. I'm starting to feel so exhausted I'm hopinh this is a good sign! I will be testing this weekend, and if I chicken out and af still isn't here then monday or tuesday.

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 PM

Ok I'm not sure what ying means sorry typo!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Thanks all for your kind words. I went to see a RE yesterday and found it more discouraging than I thought it would be. I mean, I know I have one ovary and I'm 42! And also that I can't do IVF or AI! All I can do is be aware and try to work within the laws of nature. Clomid is okay but the Dr. was not sure if it is indicated; have to have some blood tests first and maybe a HSG. If I take CLomid though, she says I should wean. To be honest, I want to wean. I was planning on it with both the lost pregnancies, b/c of a lot of nipple soreness, but then I was too exhausted and sad and didn't have the heart after the losses. DS would not wean on his own; he's very attached to it.

The Creighton method does only use CM to chart. I started taking sustained release Vit B6 (500 mg) which helps produce better mucus, and it has helped. A friend gave me her old fertility monitor, but it just gets on my nerves to have all these gadgets around; I gave it away . . . .

Does anyone know about foods/supplements that are good for sperm motility and any that are bad for it?

Thanks Mamas and prayers for all.

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
Old 01-09-2008, 08:22 PM

Thanks all for your kind words. I went to see a RE yesterday and found it more discouraging than I thought it would be. I mean, I know I have one ovary and I'm 42! And also that I can't do IVF or AI! All I can do is be aware and try to work within the laws of nature. Clomid is okay but the Dr. was not sure if it is indicated; have to have some blood tests first and maybe a HSG. If I take CLomid though, she says I should wean. To be honest, I want to wean. I was planning on it with both the lost pregnancies, b/c of a lot of nipple soreness, but then I was too exhausted and sad and didn't have the heart after the losses. DS would not wean on his own; he's very attached to it.

The Creighton method does only use CM to chart. I started taking sustained release Vit B6 (500 mg) which helps produce better mucus, and it has helped. A friend gave me her old fertility monitor, but it just gets on my nerves to have all these gadgets around; I gave it away . . . .

Does anyone know about foods/supplements that are good for sperm motility and any that are bad for it?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Rose View Post

May I ask why she thinks you should wean for Clomid? We've had a few mamas on this thread in the past take it while nursing...

I have an appointment with an RE scheduled for two weeks from now, and I'm afraid of what they're going to suggest. My ob/gyn already suggested a SA, which, because we're Catholic, we will not do in the traditional way. Have you looked into finding a NaProTechnology Dr in your area - www.naprotechnology.com I'm pretty sure that you can even send in your charts (if you're charting your cycles with Creighton...) directly to Dr Hilgers and he will consult over the phone or mail, or something. Dr Hilgers' NaPro success rate is higher than IVF, so it may be worth it for you to check out

I would also like to know what we can do for DH! He just started taking a multi vitamin, but I'm sure there's more I can be giving him

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
I would also like to know what we can do for DH! He just started taking a multi vitamin, but I'm sure there's more I can be giving him
Nourishing Traditions (along with a few other sources I've seen) suggests that both partners should take cod liver oil when preparing to TTC. If you want more info let me know, I'll dig up some links.

I've been lying low, but have been lurking, thinking of you all, and hoping to see lots of BFP's around here.

I am 5 or 6 DPO, so a ways to wait yet. If this isn't the cycle I think we'll stop actively TTC for a bit.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
May I ask why she thinks you should wean for Clomid? We've had a few mamas on this thread in the past take it while nursing...

I have an appointment with an RE scheduled for two weeks from now, and I'm afraid of what they're going to suggest. My ob/gyn already suggested a SA, which, because we're Catholic, we will not do in the traditional way. Have you looked into finding a NaProTechnology Dr in your area - www.naprotechnology.com I'm pretty sure that you can even send in your charts (if you're charting your cycles with Creighton...) directly to Dr Hilgers and he will consult over the phone or mail, or something. Dr Hilgers' NaPro success rate is higher than IVF, so it may be worth it for you to check out
You know, I didn't ask why the doc said I should wean for Clomid! She had no problem with me BF otherwise, since my prolactin levels are normal. I will look in Hale and see what he says.

What is SA? I told the RE upfront that I'm a practicing Catholic, and she was respectful. She gave me a list of tests and suggested the ones I may or may not want to do . . .

I didn't know that Hilgers consults over the phone! There is one NaPro doctor in my area -- actually pretty far away, in New Jersey -- it takes a couple of hours to get to her on public transportation and she picks you up at the bus stop! I have seen her and she put me on progesterone suppositories. SHe ordered blood draws that showed a severe progesterone deficit. This will be my 3rd cycle taking them. THey've really helped with my post-luteal phase, which has always been 9 days, and now is 13-14 days. I told the RE about this, but they think that progesterone is voodoo, and that it "can't hurt." It seems miraculous that I could have a normal healthy pregnancy with DS, considering the progesterone imbalance. The NaPro doctor believes the progesterone issue was the cause of my m/c in July, but RE thinks it's most likely fetal abnormality and asked me to get path reports -- not sure if they exist. NaPro doctor told me that mainstream doctors don't give any credibility to bio-identical hormones. A friend of mine who's a Creighton instructor, BTW, told me there are tests for sperm count that are in keeping with Catholic teaching. When I get the info I will post it here for whoever is interested.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3for_me View Post
Can you plese add me to waiting to O.

I am nursing my 18 month old and have had 3 pp cycles so far
added you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole R. View Post
Oh, golly, I didn't mean for you to create a whole new category just for me. It's very sweet of you, though!

I just meant that "two weeks" isn't accurate for me, as I'm sure it isn't for many women who have a shorter (or longer!) LP. But also, I think that's what they call it over at The One Thread, so I got mixed up.

Feel free to delete the new category and throw me in with the rest of the "waiters," whether we're waiting for a long or a short time!

And for all of us: :
no problem...its fixed!
Quote:
Posting here for the first time . . . I have a 2-year-old DS who was conceived naturally when I was 39, right after my wedding in fact. I got pg while nursing him a lot when he was 13 months old, but that turned out to be an ectopic that ruptured, and caused me to lose part of my left tube and my entire left ovary; the ovary was adhered to the tube through the rupture. Then, amazingly, I got pg again the next month after the surgery. I was the happiest person in the world! That pregnancy, sadly, ended in a m/c due to fetal demise at 8 weeks. I had a d&c at the end of July and haven't gotten pregnant yet. I don't think I o'd for a few cycles, but think I may be O'ing again. Evidently if you have just one ovary it should ovulate each month. I don't use fertility monitors or poas O predictors; I chart cervical mucus according to the Creighton method of NFP. Now I am 42, though, and really really hoping for another child. I think it's possible, considering the two pregnancies in the past year, one with one ovary. I want to get all the info I can and I will try to do what I can (short of interventionist reproductive technologies as I'm a believing Catholic). As for the rest, it's in God's hands.

Best wishes and prayers for all you mamas.
What cetegory would you like to be in? Check post 1...and WELCOME! Hope your stay is short and sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
Welcome! Read through this month's thread and some of the previous months. I got lots of good information that way!

AFM, please move me (finally!!) to 2ww. I finally got a temp rise Hooray! I seem to have a step-up (?) slow rise pattern. Could this be because I have low progesterone? I seem to remember reading that prolactin is a result of BF and this suppresses progesterone.

We really didn't have good timing this month. I left to visit my sister on Friday, so we DTD Thursday night. I think I o'd on Sunday. Of course it has to be when I'm out of town Next month, DH found out that he gets to go to Spain on business for about 10 days. With my screwy 2 PP cycles, I have no idea when I'll be Oing next month. So this might be 2 cycles down the drain
moved you to 2ww...i hope this is it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Remove me from the list, please.

I'm done. I can't take this anymore. I'm no longer TTC and I won't be posting here anymore.
you are removed. I am sad to see you go. Please feel free to come back anytime we are here to support you!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
Nourishing Traditions (along with a few other sources I've seen) suggests that both partners should take cod liver oil when preparing to TTC. If you want more info let me know, I'll dig up some links.
I would appreciate that link, if you don't mind!

I already take fish oil capsules for my son's allergies (he is 20m and still a nursing addict, ).

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
Old 01-10-2008, 04:02 PM

Hey guys just checking in, 12dpo here, still haven't tested yet, feeling very pg!! Seriously I am soooooooo tired!! Can't stay up past 9 and need to nap!! Also Ican't get out of bed in the am. This is so not me! haven't had my typical profuse watery cm, more creamy and clumpy ??!! haven't checked internally yet due to fear of a reaccuring yeast infection! af due tommorow or Sat and if not here on Sunday I'm testing on Monday!! I already have a feeling though as to what it is!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Please move me to Waiting to O AF finally arrived today. My LP was only 9-10 days long this time around. Hopefully next month should be better
Old 01-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
You know, I didn't ask why the doc said I should wean for Clomid! She had no problem with me BF otherwise, since my prolactin levels are normal. I will look in Hale and see what he says.

What is SA? I told the RE upfront that I'm a practicing Catholic, and she was respectful. She gave me a list of tests and suggested the ones I may or may not want to do . . .

I didn't know that Hilgers consults over the phone! There is one NaPro doctor in my area -- actually pretty far away, in New Jersey -- it takes a couple of hours to get to her on public transportation and she picks you up at the bus stop! I have seen her and she put me on progesterone suppositories. SHe ordered blood draws that showed a severe progesterone deficit. This will be my 3rd cycle taking them. THey've really helped with my post-luteal phase, which has always been 9 days, and now is 13-14 days. I told the RE about this, but they think that progesterone is voodoo, and that it "can't hurt." It seems miraculous that I could have a normal healthy pregnancy with DS, considering the progesterone imbalance. The NaPro doctor believes the progesterone issue was the cause of my m/c in July, but RE thinks it's most likely fetal abnormality and asked me to get path reports -- not sure if they exist. NaPro doctor told me that mainstream doctors don't give any credibility to bio-identical hormones. A friend of mine who's a Creighton instructor, BTW, told me there are tests for sperm count that are in keeping with Catholic teaching. When I get the info I will post it here for whoever is interested.
Wow, how cool about your NaPro doc! I had a feeling, since you're a Creighton user, that you would already know about all that stuff

I can't remember for sure if Dr Hilgers does phone consults, he may only do it through the mail. It was a while ago that a friend from another board did it. There was a lot going on at the time and I don't remember who she talked to, to be honest.

My progesterone was low my last pregnancy (that I m/c in August), but my regular ob refused to put me on progesterone - he said that if it was low, the pregnancy was doomed no matter what we did. My progesterone may have been perfectly fine, as the baby didn't pass until the middle of the ninth week, but I would like to be on progesterone the next time just to be safe. I hope the RE I'm going to will respect my wishes!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
If you get the chance, I would also like to see the link! I already take clo, but it's a battle to get DH to take anything!

Old 01-10-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Hey guys just checking in, 12dpo here, still haven't tested yet, feeling very pg!! Seriously I am soooooooo tired!! Can't stay up past 9 and need to nap!! Also Ican't get out of bed in the am. This is so not me! haven't had my typical profuse watery cm, more creamy and clumpy ??!! haven't checked internally yet due to fear of a reaccuring yeast infection! af due tommorow or Sat and if not here on Sunday I'm testing on Monday!! I already have a feeling though as to what it is!
That all sounds very promising!! :

Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhicitta3 View Post

What cetegory would you like to be in? Check post 1...and WELCOME! Hope your stay is short and sweet!
What does 2ww mean? I think I've O'd, so probably that's it, but not sure . . .

Do you ladies use the clearblue fertility monitor? A friend of mine gave me hers; she thought the POAS kind was much better. But I gave it away again . . .

Old 01-10-2008, 08:50 PM

AF is here...please move me to Waiting to O.

I'm so sad I'm turning 35 next week and not pregnant after 4 months TTC. I know there are those worse off than I am--sorry for you too. I'm just having a pity party!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM

Hi ladies! I haven't had a chance to post much since I went back to work on Monday, but I'm trying to keep up on reading posts. You ladies are almost too chatty for me! I'm on CD 17 and 5 DPO right now, but our closest bd day to O was 2 days before, so I'm not holding out much hope. We're technically not trying yet anyway, so I'm not supposed to care. Right?

Quote:
Hi, I hope you don't mind me butting in! I see you are taking 500 mg of B6. Did your dr. tell you to take that much? I read a study not too long ago (I'll try and dig it up) that said this much B6 daily can be harmful. I read on Kellymom that only 25mg of B6 is recommended for nursing mamas. I don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but that just sounds like a lot of B6!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!! Extreme fatigue is always one of my first signs.

Sarah-DS 4/03, DD7/06, DS 5/09
Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 PM

Hi ladies - I haven't been here since I posted that I thought I had ovulated - but I guess I did, because today I got this and this. I'm calling my Dr. first thing tomorrow to get my beta and figure out our progesterone plan. Please pray for a sticky baby for me.

Mama to two wonderful DDs (10/06 and 09/08) and expecting a DS 1/1/11!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoHHH View Post
Hi ladies - I haven't been here since I posted that I thought I had ovulated - but I guess I did, because today I got this and this. I'm calling my Dr. first thing tomorrow to get my beta and figure out our progesterone plan. Please pray for a sticky baby for me.
Yay! Or as my 2 year old says, Hooray!

Sending sticky baby vibes your way!

As for me, I can't test for at least another week. I don't feel preggo, but I guess you never know. I'm afraid to judge any symptoms I may have since they're usually symptoms of something else too.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!! : I'm praying for a sticky babe!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:

I am sorry for your losses! I'm sending my sticky intentions your way!!
Good luck and keep us updated!

As for me well... Let's see here, I'm 12dpo and its 7:46pm here in MN and I'm heading off to bed!! Is this a sign? Or a sign that I'm doing way too much and should just relax a little more in my day to day life??!!! Either way I'm really tired and am going to respect my body's wishes and head to the sack! Dakota didn't take a nap today (1st time ever) I put him to bed at 7:30 so we are a tired crabby bunch!! Anyway, heres hoping that af stays away and the baby fairie will bring me a baby!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee21 View Post

Hi, I hope you don't mind me butting in! I see you are taking 500 mg of B6. Did your dr. tell you to take that much? I read a study not too long ago (I'll try and dig it up) that said this much B6 daily can be harmful. I read on Kellymom that only 25mg of B6 is recommended for nursing mamas. I don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but that just sounds like a lot of B6!
My NFP instructor told me to take it for limited mucus cycles. And I JUST NOW read that I should have cut down my dosage to 100 mg/day a few weeks ago -- yikes! That high dosage helps build up CM and for me it did help. What are the side effects?

Old 01-11-2008, 01:38 AM

MommytoHHH- Congrats!

Quote:
My NFP instructor told me to take it for limited mucus cycles. And I JUST NOW read that I should have cut down my dosage to 100 mg/day a few weeks ago -- yikes! That high dosage helps build up CM and for me it did help. What are the side effects?
I wish I could find that article! I can't remember if I read it here or elsewhere, but it was a really detailed study on the damaging effects of too much B6. I've looked up a bunch about it and found really conflicting information, but just about everything says not to take more than 100-200mg/day, especially for long periods of time. The side effects are nerve damage in the arms/legs similar to MS, but I believe it's reversible. I think there's also bone issues w/ long term use. I take 50mg/day for short LP, and I LOVE the fact that it completely wipes out my PMS. I haven't had a cramp in months. But what I read makes me nervous, and I'm thinking about cutting down to 25mg/day.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Hi ladies!!

Just checking in. I'm on cd13 and have been having some EWCM for the last 3-4 days. I finally got my OPK's in the mail a few days ago and have been getting negatives everyday. However, today, there was a faint line. So, I'll be taking another one this afternoon/evening to see if the line has gotten any darker.

Good luck everyone!!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:43 PM

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I've been feeling mildly nauseous all day today, and a bit the last few days. The thought of certain foods today made me want to hurl, and I've been sleepy all week (like I want to go to bed when DS goes at like 8!)

One more week, then we'll see.

I really hope this is it. Next cycle will be #6.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
Old 01-11-2008, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierdan'sMom View Post
Please move me to Waiting to O AF finally arrived today. My LP was only 9-10 days long this time around. Hopefully next month should be better
You have been moved!

Quote:
What does 2ww mean? I think I've O'd, so probably that's it, but not sure . . .

Do you ladies use the clearblue fertility monitor? A friend of mine gave me hers; she thought the POAS kind was much better. But I gave it away again . . .
2ww is the two weeks wait. The earliest you can test and possibly get a BFP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post
AF is here...please move me to Waiting to O.

I'm so sad I'm turning 35 next week and not pregnant after 4 months TTC. I know there are those worse off than I am--sorry for you too. I'm just having a pity party!
You are in WTO now...it's ok we can have a pity party together, it took me 6 months of TTC to get my daughter (although AF never returned).
Quote:
vibes to you! Hope you have a healthy !

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 PM

OK, so please move me to 2ww. Thanks for explaining the jargon.

Can someone tell me how the OPK sticks work exactly? I used them last cycle, but was not very consistent with them. I never got two lines that looked exactly alike, but did get a line that was slightly less dark than the control line. Does that count?

Old 01-12-2008, 02:17 AM

No news here ... I'm 7 DPO, still haven't tested, probably won't. My period is due on Monday the 14th (10 DPO), and I'll probably spot on Sunday the 13th (9 DPO) if it's coming, so it's not like I'd be gaining that much advance notice by testing tomorrow (8 DPO).

I don't feel like this was our month, though. I don't feel pregnant. I didn't have much EWCM, either, and my temps were on the low side right after I ovulated, so I feel like my hormone levels were kind of lazy all month. It's okay, though. This was only our first cycle trying.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!

User Tag List