Nursing Mamas TTC in January!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 312 Old 01-14-2008, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KWare my twins are just a couple weeks younger than your daughter. When we night weaned them I would try to tell them, "no milk now, mommy needs to go night-night, you can have milk in the morning...etc.) I think they might get the jist of what we're saying but a) it is the middle of the night b) it's a new concept to them and c) even if they get it it doesn'y mean they have to accept or like it. We had the best sucess with DH handling the night wakings, luckily for us they did not make much of a fuss when he went in to deal with them (they have their own room. I hope you find a solution that works for you, I do think consistency works so whatever you decide on if you stick with it for a few nights you might be surprised at how quickly the ballastic lo turns into a great sleeper--I was floored at the sucess we had and we never once let them cry! My DS especially was a totally different person once he was getting some sleep. Unfortunately for me my fertility has still not returned!

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 312 Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 PM

Hi Girls...I usually post on the one thread.

Nightweaning is not working for us at all. Even though DH is great about putting DS back down when he wakes, a week or so back, he had that intestinal bug that was going around and he wouldn't eat. Needlees to saym, nursing was back full force 24/7. It really made me think because I geuss even though I'm dying to be preggo Ds really needed the milk, and I was so PROUD to still be able to satisfy my 18 mo at the breast. So I geuss I don't care a s much about TTc as I do about DS's health and such.

Bottom line is, I guess if it happens, I'll be ecstatic and if it keeps not happening I'll try to just devote myself to DS.

P.S. I just had all those things tested and am waiting for results. I'm either Anovulatory becasue of prolactin or I may have PCOS.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#183 of 312 Old 01-14-2008, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

we are all updated to here!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

#184 of 312 Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 PM

Thanks for the info, Clovermom. I really appreciate it.
#185 of 312 Old 01-15-2008, 10:23 AM

I have pretty much night-weaned DS (2). It was really not that bad. I started telling him a few times during the day that noo-noos were for daytime and sleep was for nighttime, and that when we went to sleep we could have a bedtime noo-noo and then we would be sleeping all night. He would wake up around 1 AM for a few weeks, and I would pat him and cuddle him back to sleep. He only cried a little; now he rolls over and is asleep again in minutes. He wakes up around 5 and I nurse him then. All in all we're nursing about 4-6 times in a 24-hour period. Some of those nursings are quite short. When I really don't want to nurse, I do a "twinkle twinkle noo-noo" -- I let him nurse on each side for the duration of the song "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," and then we're all done. You might want to look at the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers -- there's a long section on nightweaning in there. HTH.

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
#186 of 312 Old 01-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWare View Post
My girl is 18 months. Do you think it us reasonable for me to expect her to undrestand the idea that my boobs are asleep? Everytime I have tried this, she goes ballistic. She nurses a lot at night and I am sure it is hindering my fertility.
My son night-weaned all on his own at 20 months. It took about three weeks for him to make the transition, because I continued to nurse him whenever he insisted on it. I am sure this wouldn't happen with every kid, especially since we weren't co-sleeping at that point. But it does happen ...
#187 of 312 Old 01-15-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
Hey, I got my pos OPK on Saturday, too! I've never had a cycle buddy before
Cool!! I don't know if I'll wait the whole two weeks to see if AF comes or if I'll be weak and test sometime next week. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Good luck!!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#188 of 312 Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Rose View Post
You might want to look at the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers -- there's a long section on nightweaning in there. HTH.
I just finished The Baby Sleep Book by the Sears' which had a lot of fantastic night weaning info, but it didn't say what to do about the child who FREAKS OUT! Screaming, crying so hard she was doing that hicupping thing, etc, etc. What do I do about that? She did that for half an hour, and by the end of that half hour she still had not calmed down at all. It all seemed so calm and easy in the book - child will probably cry, but will eventually "get it". How long am I supposed to lay there trying to comfort her (not allowed to touch her, she hated if I touched her) while she screams and cries? Is it possible that at 2.5 she's not ready to night wean??? Is this a normal reaction?

Bah. Now she has a cold/cough so we'll wait til DH is off next week, and she feels better to try again. Last night she did sleep from 8 to 3:30 without nursing Sounds like I'm talking about a newborn, not a 2 year old

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#189 of 312 Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan'smom View Post
Cool!! I don't know if I'll wait the whole two weeks to see if AF comes or if I'll be weak and test sometime next week. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Good luck!!

Laura
Oh, good golly, there's no way I can wait the whole two weeks!
I'm going to test next Tuesday!

:

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
#190 of 312 Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Have any of you ever heard of numbness in fingers/toes as an early pregnancy symptom? Last night, my ring finger on one hand and pinkie on the other were completely white and numb. I had to massage them and put them under a little warm water to get them back to normal. It took about 20 minutes.

Today, my big toe had the same thing happen.

It couldn't be frostbite, because it's not that cold. But it did happen after I was outside (just on the way in from driving in the car.)

I was thinking that maybe it's low blood pressure. Dizziness is a pretty common pregnancy symptom, but I always figured that's from the hormones.

I'm currently 9dpo. I'm trying not to get any hopes up because our timing was awful, and last cycle I had a 7 day lp (first PP cycle).

Thanks for any input!

Monica
#191 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 AM

hi! I'm new here! we are currently ttc #2 - and I'm still bf'ing our first son, who is 7 months old. I'm pretty sure I o'd last week, so hoping to test this weekend.

I'll probably post more later - but I hear DS stirring...

best of luck to all!

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
#192 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 AM

Hi ladies. I have a "about to be" one year old (on Friday) nursling and am in the midst of a miscarriage at 9 weeks. I say in the midst, because although my little tiny has "passed," he/she hasn't physically passed through my body. Sorry if that is TMI. But that is what is going on. The OB told me it could take several weeks, but that once it does they will check my levels and what not... then once I have at least one period, but preferably two, I can return to the fertility clinic to try again. So the thing is this, I had really thought I would wean DS at 12 months old, but now that it is here and he shows no signs of readiness to wean, I feel like I don't want to rush him...especially now that I know I can't even TTC for a little bit. He really only nurses to go to bed and a couple times throughout the night and, of course, upon waking... so we are talking maybe four times total in the night and maybe once more for his afternoon nap IF I happen to be home. Anyway....as heartbroken as I am about another loss, I am hopeful that I will be able to try again in the next month or two or three. Maybe by then we will have cut out one more night feeding. I dunno. I'm wondering if my continued nursing is in any way related to my miscarriage. I really don't think so in my heart of hearts, but this female OB I had never even met before the day I got this horrible news seemed to hint at a possible correlation and also told me that had the pregnancy still been viable, she would have suggested that I wean DS as quickly as possible b/c Bf'ing could cause uterine contractions...i.e. problems. Did I say that I did not like this woman!! What do you guys think?
#193 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 AM

Hey gals-I had a huge temp drop today, so I think AF is coming. I guess it could be an implantation dip, but I doubt it.

This SUCKS!

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#194 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait View Post
Hi ladies. I have a "about to be" one year old (on Friday) nursling and am in the midst of a miscarriage at 9 weeks. I say in the midst, because although my little tiny has "passed," he/she hasn't physically passed through my body. Sorry if that is TMI. But that is what is going on. The OB told me it could take several weeks, but that once it does they will check my levels and what not... then once I have at least one period, but preferably two, I can return to the fertility clinic to try again. So the thing is this, I had really thought I would wean DS at 12 months old, but now that it is here and he shows no signs of readiness to wean, I feel like I don't want to rush him...especially now that I know I can't even TTC for a little bit. He really only nurses to go to bed and a couple times throughout the night and, of course, upon waking... so we are talking maybe four times total in the night and maybe once more for his afternoon nap IF I happen to be home. Anyway....as heartbroken as I am about another loss, I am hopeful that I will be able to try again in the next month or two or three. Maybe by then we will have cut out one more night feeding. I dunno. I'm wondering if my continued nursing is in any way related to my miscarriage. I really don't think so in my heart of hearts, but this female OB I had never even met before the day I got this horrible news seemed to hint at a possible correlation and also told me that had the pregnancy still been viable, she would have suggested that I wean DS as quickly as possible b/c Bf'ing could cause uterine contractions...i.e. problems. Did I say that I did not like this woman!! What do you guys think?
AAAAARGH! She is wrong, that's all I can say. I had an OB tell me this in the middle of a miscarriage too, similar to yours, a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks; when I started miscarrying I called my OB and her colleague returned the call and sort of hinted without really saying that BF could be the cause. It is very unlikely, especially because you're not BF that much. But you have had other m/c, is that right? So they will just try to correlate it with anything that they think could prevent it. I'm sure BF was not the cause, and I'm sorry for your loss, mama.

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
#195 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 10:35 AM

OMG! I just took a HPT, and I think I saw the faintest pink line! DH said he saw some pink there. We'll wait until tomorrow to take another one. I am over the moon right now, but I hope I don't get disappointed tomorrow.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#196 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait View Post
Oh mama, I am so sorry for your losses . I agree with you, I do not think that breastfeeding caused your miscarriage(s). Sometimes I wonder, too, but I also know in my heart that breastfeeding had nothing to do with my losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski4379 View Post
Hey gals-I had a huge temp drop today, so I think AF is coming. I guess it could be an implantation dip, but I doubt it.

This SUCKS!
I saw this and gave you a Then I saw this

Quote:
Originally Posted by emski4379 View Post
OMG! I just took a HPT, and I think I saw the faintest pink line! DH said he saw some pink there. We'll wait until tomorrow to take another one. I am over the moon right now, but I hope I don't get disappointed tomorrow.
and gave you some of these :

What kind of test did you use? Can we see a picture?!

#197 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 PM

It was a $1 store test. Let me see if I can get a pic.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#198 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 PM

Congrats!!

Breastfeeding doesn't cause miscarriage. I'm sorry for your loss.

It breaks my heart to read that people feel forced to wean their little ones in efforts to conceive again. Doctors shouldn't be pressuring people to wean. I can't imagine weaning DS to conceive and he's 3 years old now.
#199 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 12:21 PM

Bummer, I can't get a clear enough pic.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#200 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 12:35 PM

What I don't understand is why would I have a temp drop today?

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#201 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 01:38 PM

Emski4379, Hope this is it! :

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
#202 of 312 Old 01-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Thank you mommas for your kind words and for telling me you think she is wrong too. I really, really, don't believe the two are related (BF'ing and m/c). My wondeful RE didn't have a problem with helping me GET pregnant and she KNEW I was BF'ing and how much. I don't know why some docs have a problem with it. My first RE who had helped me get pregnant the first time wouldn't have anything to do with me until I weaned which is how I ended up with the new RE. Aarhhgg. Well, I guess I am once again waiting to TTC. AND I AM NOT GIVING UP BREASTFEEDING ANYTIME SOON!!

P.S. After my first m/c I was told these things just happen and that the good news was at least they knew I could get pregnant. Eight weeks later I was pregnant with my son. So, I am hoping to get this m/c over with (I know that sounds horrible, but I've pretty much done all my crying over it in the last seven days and believe me, there has been ALOT of it) in the not too distant future, so that I can move forward. God must have a plan for me.
#203 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM

Ladies,

I've been following along with awaiting my PPAF. I haven't really ovulated since getting of bcp due to PCOS. My DD was conceived with help so I don't know if I'm actually still waiting on PPAF or if it's just the PCOS. Anyway. . .I had some blood work done and they did test my prolactin level. The result was 11.2 (blook test in the afternoon, but shortly after I nursed my DD). Does anyone know what that means? Is that still elevated? I don't want to wean, but really want another one. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. If it helps, my FSH was 5.4 and thyroid was 1.71

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#204 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Emski4379, Any news today?

#205 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovermom View Post
Emski4379, Any news today?
Yep! I'm preggo!!!!!

DH is a little hesitant since the line is not super dark, but I explained to him about the hormone, how the line gets darker, etc. He's happy, but still isn't really sure it's true. I told him to wait 9 months, and he'd know

So please move me to success stories!

BTW-this cycle, DS was basically weaned (he's only nursed 3 times total), we used pre-seed, and I was taking B-6 every day.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#206 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 01:04 PM

Congrats!!!!
#207 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 01:22 PM

Congrats emski!!! Totally wish I were you!! I am gonna try weaning also. Because I am ready, I've been ready for it b4 I even started ttc. We are down to, two feedings a day, I hope it is not too difficult. I haven't checked yet, but am I in the WAITING TO O CATAGORY/? if not please move me there!! I am feeling much less stressed this 1st half of this cycle so I'm hoping to o earlier! Also, I'm not around as much so forgive me! I'm trying to take a little obsession break here! So I will update occasionally!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#208 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 02:33 PM

Yay Emski! Congrats!!! What's your dd?

#209 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovermom View Post
Yay Emski! Congrats!!! What's your dd?
FF says it 9/28.

natrualmamaof1-it'll happen for you. Weaning seemed to work for me (like you, I was oh so ready to wean about 6 months ago, had nothing to do with TTC.)

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#210 of 312 Old 01-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Congrats Emski! HH9M

No sign of weaning any time this decade here so hopefully it won't have to come to that for us, but I'm glad it worked out for you!

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page