Nursing Mamas TTC in January!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
 
hannybanany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakers_mama View Post
So hey, I asked when I showed up here: Is it pretty normal to have weird cycles when they first come back? DD is 12 months, not really nap-nursing, nurses mmmmmmmm maybe 4 'good' sessions a day besides laying down to go to bed for nap and night and whatever she does during the night--which varies by teething, waking up cause our room is freezing, etc.

Yes. I think it varies from person to person when they even out.

anyway I've had 3 AF's now, cycles have been 36 I think the first one was and 24 days?

i don't know where i belong, i'm not charting so i'm not on a O or 2ww really. I'm not exactly 'waiting to be ready' I guess I belong in a group of people who aren't doing anything to prevent it and also are not charting

(though if I had to go by CM at the moment, I'm fertile which I guess would mean I am waiting to O cuase it dries up after O?)

Waiting to O sounds good

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
hannybanany is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2008, 01:54 AM
 
mochimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Colorado Mountains
Posts: 1,040
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, after reading through this thread pretty thoroughly, I'm kind of getting nervous about being able to conceive with dd nursing so much. And I'm nervous that if we do conceive, then my supply will drop and she'll wean earlier than she would have otherwise. And I guess I'm also pretty nervous about conceiving in general...well, maybe more excited than nervous, but still a little nervous. Is there a nervous smilie? How about sheepish: :
mochimama is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 02:55 AM
 
Nicole R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Move me, please, to waiting to O. Phooey.

My temp had dropped to the coverline this morning, and sure enough, I was bleeding by 4:00 p.m. Until this morning, I really thought this could have been it. My LP was five or six days longer than usual -- it was 15 days long! That's almost a WEEK late! I would chalk it up as a chemical pregnancy, but you know, I never did get a positive HPT. So who knows WTF happened.

Actually, I had a blood test done on Thursday, and I'll probably get the results tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what they found.

[please excuse x-posting]
Nicole R. is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 02:56 AM
 
Nicole R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
duplicate post; don't know how to delete!
Nicole R. is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 02:57 AM
 
Nicole R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
duplicate post; don't know how to delete!
Nicole R. is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
 
hannybanany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole R. View Post
Move me, please, to waiting to O. Phooey.

My temp had dropped to the coverline this morning, and sure enough, I was bleeding by 4:00 p.m. Until this morning, I really thought this could have been it. My LP was five or six days longer than usual -- it was 15 days long! That's almost a WEEK late! I would chalk it up as a chemical pregnancy, but you know, I never did get a positive HPT. So who knows WTF happened.

Actually, I had a blood test done on Thursday, and I'll probably get the results tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what they found.

[please excuse x-posting]
What a bummer . Darn AF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
Wow, after reading through this thread pretty thoroughly, I'm kind of getting nervous about being able to conceive with dd nursing so much. And I'm nervous that if we do conceive, then my supply will drop and she'll wean earlier than she would have otherwise. And I guess I'm also pretty nervous about conceiving in general...well, maybe more excited than nervous, but still a little nervous. Is there a nervous smilie? How about sheepish: :
Nah, don't be nervous We have lots of mamas who come here and are gone in the same month.

I don't know what the heck is going on. My temp is already dropping at 8 DPO. ??? Usually it stays high til 12 DPO... I didn't feel cold last night, but it was one of the coldest nights we've had. Grrrr. Who knows.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
hannybanany is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 05:12 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
Hey, i've been kinda MIA for a while here...but my status hasn't changed any...
I haven't had anything to show when I may be (or have been) fertile, I figure I can't test unless/until I start feeling sick. I tend to get sick around 5 wks, so I guess I need to wait a couple more weeks and then we shall see what we shall see!
Here's hoping!
I'm definitely hormonal, but I took a pg test and it was negative, so I'm voting for maybe my fertility is returning...so that's a good thing, right?

DS nurses like there's no tomorrow, so maybe I'm just not meant to be pg yet. I'm not gonna wean him just to get pg, so we'll just have to keep waiting and seeing...

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
 
DreamsInDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Check out my chart today:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b2c81

It's looking good!
DreamsInDigital is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Julia Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Upstate Appalachia
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bodhicita, please move me to waiting to O. AF came today. I'm not surprised really. I timed BD pretty well this month, but just don't think it was my month. This is my third cycle on vaginal progesterone suppositories, though, and my LP has increased from 9 days to 14 in all three cycles, so that is a good thing. I have to have some blood tests tomorrow and an HSG next week. Here's hoping -- and I do remain hopeful, in spite of the fact that I'm 42 and lost one ovary this year with my ruptured ectopic, because I did get pg again immediately afterward (m/c). And hopes and prayers for all the mamas here.

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
Julia Rose is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
 
hannybanany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
I'm definitely hormonal, but I took a pg test and it was negative, so I'm voting for maybe my fertility is returning...so that's a good thing, right?

DS nurses like there's no tomorrow, so maybe I'm just not meant to be pg yet. I'm not gonna wean him just to get pg, so we'll just have to keep waiting and seeing...
Yay for returning fertility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Check out my chart today:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b2c81

It's looking good!
Looking really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Rose View Post
Bodhicita, please move me to waiting to O. AF came today. I'm not surprised really. I timed BD pretty well this month, but just don't think it was my month. This is my third cycle on vaginal progesterone suppositories, though, and my LP has increased from 9 days to 14 in all three cycles, so that is a good thing. I have to have some blood tests tomorrow and an HSG next week. Here's hoping -- and I do remain hopeful, in spite of the fact that I'm 42 and lost one ovary this year with my ruptured ectopic, because I did get pg again immediately afterward (m/c). And hopes and prayers for all the mamas here.
I'm sorry about AFs arrival.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
hannybanany is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 PM
 
AntoninBeGonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northwest suburbs, Illinois.
Posts: 3,026
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I know I'm popping in a bit late. I'll try to be earlier in the upcoming Feb. thread . My situation is typical, breastfed 15.5 month old, no AF yet, a few signs of returning fertility off and on.

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
AntoninBeGonin is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter
 
bodhicitta3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Updated to here. Could everyone check post 1 to make sure they are correct and if you know of anyone who is no longer on the list let me know! Thanks!
Cant wait to see the January Success stories grow...hopefully on Tuesday!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

 
bodhicitta3 is offline  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:44 AM
 
monica3674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please move me to waiting to O darn AF showed early again this month. LP was 7 days last month, 9 days this month. Hopefully it will get to 11 days next month which is what it was before DD.

Good luck to those testing tomorrow!
monica3674 is offline  
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 AM
 
peaceful_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #12 Grimmauld Place
Posts: 4,940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
you can add DS 10/04, DD 1/07 to me if you want

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
peaceful_mama is offline  
Old 01-22-2008, 02:42 AM
 
heatherRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oops, I graduated in December! Change me from 2WW to graduate! Thanks!

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
heatherRN is offline  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, you can remove me from the list as I have NO IDEA when my fertility will be back . I was HOPING for an Oct. '08 baby, but that's not going to happen as AF still hasn't come back.

I'll come back once I know for sure.

Thanks!

Mama~Love is offline  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 PM
 
natalieadw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please add me to waiting to be ready! My DD (04/05/06 - 21mos) still nurses around the clock and eats very little solids. However, AF returned about three months ago. I've already O'd this month (wasn't ttc yet), so in Feb we will REALLY be trying!! I hope I'm as fertile as I was prior to having DD, because it took us one try and we were pg

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

natalieadw is offline  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
 
bodhicitta3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
Please move me to waiting to O darn AF showed early again this month. LP was 7 days last month, 9 days this month. Hopefully it will get to 11 days next month which is what it was before DD.

Good luck to those testing tomorrow!
great! I put you in the "waiting room"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakers_mama View Post
you can add DS 10/04, DD 1/07 to me if you want
sure thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherRN View Post
Oops, I graduated in December! Change me from 2WW to graduate! Thanks!
CONGRATULATIONS!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofmany View Post
Hey, you can remove me from the list as I have NO IDEA when my fertility will be back . I was HOPING for an Oct. '08 baby, but that's not going to happen as AF still hasn't come back.

I'll come back once I know for sure.

Thanks!
sure. Let me know if you ever want back on...dont be a stranger...i havent had AF since 2003!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalieadw View Post
Please add me to waiting to be ready! My DD (04/05/06 - 21mos) still nurses around the clock and eats very little solids. However, AF returned about three months ago. I've already O'd this month (wasn't ttc yet), so in Feb we will REALLY be trying!! I hope I'm as fertile as I was prior to having DD, because it took us one try and we were pg
moved you!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

 
bodhicitta3 is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 01:37 AM
 
mochimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Colorado Mountains
Posts: 1,040
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, we're really committed now. Bd'd 4 of the last 5 nights and I'm on Day 13 of my cycle with mucus starting to show. I'm not temping, but used to and o was usually not til day 16 or 17. So we're going to bd for the rest of the week just to be sure. I'm really getting excited!
mochimama is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 12:33 PM
 
ryan'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Near Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I tested yesterday and got a BFN. No AF yet, but I think I'm getting that crampy feeling......who knows. Well, if by some miracle AF doesn't show by Sat or Sun, I might test again.

Good Luck everyone!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!
 

ryan'smom is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
 
Julia Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Upstate Appalachia
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have AF now but I wonder if I've even O'd . . . Af seems weird. It came on very heavy but after two days has dwindled down to almost nothing. I had a few AFs like this after my D&C last summer for m/c; don't think they were "real" AFs. I wonder what is really going on . . .

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
Julia Rose is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 04:15 PM
 
mfrykas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Winnipeg, MB Canada
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please move me to 2 WW

Here's hoping we caught the 2nd eggie!!!:

Michele
mfrykas is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
 
hannybanany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan'smom View Post
Hi everyone! I tested yesterday and got a BFN. No AF yet, but I think I'm getting that crampy feeling......who knows. Well, if by some miracle AF doesn't show by Sat or Sun, I might test again.

Good Luck everyone!

Laura
I got a BFN, too. I don't think I'll be testing again. My temp is low, and I know AF will arrive. I wish she would come now so we could start on a new cycle. Totally stinks that I have to wait for her when I know I'm not pg.

Anyway, better luck to you

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
hannybanany is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 PM
 
clovermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hugs to you both.

Still waiting on any signs of anything here Had some EWCM last week and had DTD the day before but I'm not holding out too much hope as I've had a few patches of EWCM over the past month and then it never dries up or produces anything (baby or AF!) I definitely feel like my body is gearing up but the twins will go for a few days not nursing so much and then go on full blown "mah" (our word for nurse) binges!!!! So who knows! Of course in the back of my head I'm hoping I O'd and then conceived last week but I'm not overly anxious, I guess if no AF by the first week in Feb. I'll test.

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
clovermom is offline  
Old 01-23-2008, 11:03 PM
 
DreamsInDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I was chatting in the One Thread and we were talking about different methods of scrying and divination to determine if we're pregnant. I opted for the online Magic 8 Ball. And look what I got:
Magic 8 Ball
DreamsInDigital is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
So I was chatting in the One Thread and we were talking about different methods of scrying and divination to determine if we're pregnant. I opted for the online Magic 8 Ball. And look what I got:
Magic 8 Ball
I did that too, & it said I was pregnant. Ummm...no I'm not : . LOL.

Mama~Love is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
 
hannybanany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
So I was chatting in the One Thread and we were talking about different methods of scrying and divination to determine if we're pregnant. I opted for the online Magic 8 Ball. And look what I got:
Magic 8 Ball
That's great! Your chart is looking really good!

My temp was below the coverline this morning. AF is not expected til tomorrow, but I'm hoping she shows today

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
hannybanany is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 06:57 PM
 
edlyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI, Please remove me from the list. I was so sure I would be pregnant by my 40th birthday, but this is not going to happen. Still no signs of AF, 15 months PP.
edlyn is offline  
Old 01-25-2008, 05:29 AM
 
Bella Catalina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: L.A.
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I be added to waiting to O?

We've decided we're going to ttc again straight away. DH is o/s on business again until the 1st so that probably means we'll miss the egg if there is one anytime soon, otherwise it's on as soon as AF turns up again.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Bella Catalina is offline  
Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 PM
 
hannybanany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can i be moved to waiting to o.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
hannybanany is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off