Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1426 Old 02-07-2008, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! 2 more?? That is AWESOME!!!

My temp spiked up even higher today!!

I am sooo freakin excited I can barely sit still... I am so serious. lol

I'm almost wanting to test tonight... but I'm afraid it's too early and if I see a negative, well it wouldn't be good...

Last night I was soooo incredibly tired. Like I went to bed at 7:30 pm... I usually don't go to bed til about 10:00 pm.

: : : : :

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#302 of 1426 Old 02-07-2008, 01:25 PM

JSMa, fingers crossed for you!!
#303 of 1426 Old 02-07-2008, 01:26 PM

Oh, and you're 13DPO - that's a reasonable day to take a test, isn't it?

14 certainly is...
#304 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning all!

I hope that we have some testers *cough* (JSMa) today! I know I will be stalking some charts.

Mine is weird...I finally got some crosshairs but I am unsure they are right. I mean, the day it says I ovulated my cervix was firm and only open a little, it felt like. And I had creamy cm. I guess I kinda think I O'd on day 19? But since I was mega wasted the night before, and woke up late, I didn't even take my temp that day to know for sure. I am kinda sad that I had no EWCM this time. I did last time, so there is hope, but still kinda concerns me. Stupid BCP!!!!

Do we have any chart veterans here who could look at it?

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#305 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 10:13 AM

aprilgurlie - wish I could help, but I'm still new at this too!

My temp went up a bit this morning, CD8, just enough to make me feel more convinced that I actually O'd this cycle. Those two weird dips a few days ago - I have no idea what that was about. I just hope my temps stay above the coverline and I don't get AF for at least 4 more days, so I can say I had a somewhat normal luteal cycle.
#306 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Good morning!

April, you got the solid crosshairs! Which ever day, at least you're pretty certain you ovulated! I think coming off the pill can cause your temps, CM and CP to not match.

Alice, that's a beautiful wedding pic. Chart looks good!

JSMa, I'd say test, but be prepared to take another if you get a negative. Which you won't.

I've decided to give up baby obsessing for lent. I'm not Catholic, but DH is (we don't go to church often, but when we do it's a Catholic church). Anyway I've always like the idea of giving up something you obsess over to take that time to be close to God. DH and I were talking last week about how if it's meant to happen this month, it will, and it's mostly out of our hands. All we can do is BD a lot. So the last few days I've put my numbers in and left it at that. It feels good.

I put my numbers into the other software to see if my O date was the same, and it wasn't. I did this Tuesday, so it doesn't count in my 40 days of lent.

The best thing in TCOYF is that comic that says, "Pee on this to see if you're pregnant". Then on the next page "Now throw it away, it's yucky. If a baby comes out in 9 months, you were pregnant." Very deep.

Thanks for all kind words. I check in at work occasionally and always leave laughing. Lee, have you left us for those "I'm Pregnant" snobs?? Is my two tenths rise not interesting enough anymore!?

mom to DD 3/09
#307 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgurlie View Post
Do we have any chart veterans here who could look at it?
Ooof. Not a veteran, don't know what to tell you. Based on temps alone, I'd go with their interpretation, but you're right, the other signs don't necessarily match up. Keep in mind though, that you only get the "green" fertile CF indicator if you put in that your CF was watery or egg white, whereas in TCOYF she has fertile as creamy and egg white. I initially classified the CF I got the day I conceived as creamy, but changed it to watery in FF so I could see the green. : But one thing's for certain - it was NOT egg white. So there's always hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
Alice, that's a beautiful wedding pic. Chart looks good!
Isn't it?!! I meant to mention that yesterday. I'm slightly envious of that gorgeous red hair. I've been wanting to temporarily dye my plain ol' brown locks auburn, but probably shouldn't now...

Good on you, dachshund mom, for giving up the obsessing! I hope you have a calm and relaxing Lent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
Thanks for all kind words. I check in at work occasionally and always leave laughing. Lee, have you left us for those "I'm Pregnant" snobs?? Is my two tenths rise not interesting enough anymore!?
Nope, haven't left. Yesterday was a long day at work, and a bad day in general, so I didn't do much posting at all, really. And your temps would be interesting enough, but the last time I commented on your chart I got told ever so rudely that you didn't need my help. Hurt my feelings. : So hmmph.

#308 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 12:38 PM

Agreed, Alice, you look amazing in that pic! Love the dress and hair!! I'm a red head too.

So... I'm at home feeling utterly sorry for myself and crying off and on...

I tested last night and this morning... both BFN!! *cries*

I feel so sure this time too...

Still no AF or signs of her... I just feel utterly broken.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#309 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 PM

Well thanks for the compliments!

JSMa... sorry about your BFN
#310 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Agreed, Alice, you look amazing in that pic! Love the dress and hair!! I'm a red head too.

So... I'm at home feeling utterly sorry for myself and crying off and on...

I tested last night and this morning... both BFN!! *cries*

I feel so sure this time too...

Still no AF or signs of her... I just feel utterly broken.
Crap, I'm sorry. I tested last night too- BFN. But I wasn't really hopeful this time around.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#311 of 1426 Old 02-08-2008, 01:16 PM

I'm still sort of hoping it's too early to show any positive results... *shrugs*

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#312 of 1426 Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 AM

Sure is quiet here...

JSMa, it really is early. Try to stay positive. There a quite a few charts in the gallery with neg at 14dpo and pos later. Those BFNs are so hard to take.

I'm sorry Jaime. What's your software saying? It looked like you were gearing up to O earlier. Maybe your body slowly coming around.

It's nice to have you all here to commiserate with.

I'm not obsessing, just bored. My chart isn't even open.

mom to DD 3/09
#313 of 1426 Old 02-09-2008, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Lee- thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes it is hard for me to tell between creamy and watery, because it is kind of both. I am trying not to read too much into this cycle because it is the first off the pill. How are you feeling?

Dachshund Mom- So the solid crosshairs do have a different meaning than the dotted ones? And I keep looking at your chart and can't believe that you aren't pregnant! Are you planning on testing anytime soon or do you just think that you are anovulatory this cycle? I know that you have given up obsessing for a while, but hey, we will obsess over your chart for you. All I know is that I am stalking it for sure!

JSMa- Hey, remember that Lee only got her BFP on 15dpo, and it was really light. So you still have a good chance! Keep us updated!

Weasley Mum- : Sorry for your BFN, I hope it changes to a BFP soon!

Jaime- I have a feeling that AF must be just around the corner for you.

Well, temp went down today, weird. Who knows! Have a nice Saturday, everyone!

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#314 of 1426 Old 02-09-2008, 05:36 PM

JSMa and Alice, your charts still look good, but April, I have no idea what yours is doing! Don't the solid crosshairs mean the sofware is more sure where dotted is more of a maybe? And now they're gone!

I might test Tuesday. That's 1 week after my last test and 18dpo on the ovusoft chart (24dpo on FF). That's reasonable, right? There was some kind of temp shift Wednesday and it could've been ovulation. I had cramps and bloating a couple weeks ago though. I really do need to know one way or the other soon. I have a dental check up next week and am due for x-rays. I do yoga 3X a week and you aren't supposed to do the deep breathing and hold your breath part if you're pregnant.

As for my no obsessing rule, it's going good. I'm truly ok with whatever is going on down there. I'm no longer starring at my chart all day and trying to imagine pregnancy symptoms.

mom to DD 3/09
#315 of 1426 Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 PM

So, I posted a big long post and it got totally eaten by the server!!! I didn't copy/paste it cause it acted like it took it... but it's no where to be found. :

So, short and sweet...

to those with BFN! : to those still waiting to know!

April - When looking at your chart, and combining info of temps with cm, I thought you O'd around the 19th also. There was just that one temp that was high that would throw that off and I'm more of a big picture kind of chart interpretor. I'd just play the rule-of-thumb with it, discard it, and put your crosshairs/coverline lower and earlier than FF does. But that's just me!

Then, now I can't remember who wanted to die their hair red, lee? Anyways, what about henna?!? It's got to be safe since pregger ladies always do their bellies in pretty designs (you might want to check it out for sure though) and leaves such a lovely auburn color to your hair!

And THEN, I'm lol here at the poor little triplet named Amber!! Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song "Boy Named Sue"! You just send him over to me and once he realizes what an amazing person he's named after he won't feel so bad about it anymore. :

Me, I've had a temp dip today and I'm literally dripping down there. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if my temp goes way up tomorrow I don't think I'll be able to manage not thinking "Oooh, implantation dip?!?" The other thing that has me going is last year I got a Tarot card reading for the whole year, and this month's card is The Death card, which in terms of TTC I think is a pretty good one to get! For those who don't know, it means rebirth. Ack! Trying REALLY hard not to get my hopes up this time, but at least I'm not obsessing AND getting my hopes up. I've been really good at leaving my chart alone and moving on to something else when I start over analyzing symptoms. Like earlier, I was having what might have been cramps on our walk... and I started to get in this mind loop: Was that a cramp? Or was that gas? Last cycle you kept feeling cramps but it was a BFN so maybe it was always just gas? But no, that COULD have been a real cramp! But I was able to get off that train pretty quickly so I was happy about that. It does not good, yk?

: & : to you all ladies!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#316 of 1426 Old 02-10-2008, 12:47 AM

Well I know I am not pregnant, because I have no high temps. At this point if AF did show up, I would be running naked in the streets from happiness that my body was actually doing something

DH says I have reached new heights of moodiness, so I am praying that is PMS

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#317 of 1426 Old 02-10-2008, 02:51 PM

Well... still no AF... temps are dipping a little each day this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I've been sleeping with my mouth open the past couple nights too, and last night we had the overhead fan on because I kept sweating...

So I feel hot but temps dipped a bit... who knows. lol

I'm still getting random waves of naseau, sometimes I have to really concentrate on not getting sick.

I'm still praying I could be... I plan on testing again on either Wednesday or Thursday...

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#318 of 1426 Old 02-10-2008, 03:45 PM

Hello! I am new to this website. This is the first month my DH and I have been TTC. I came off the pill in August and so far my CD's have been 35, 29, 35, and 29. Yesterday on CD 30 I thought I had gotten my period....however I didnt have bad cramps like normal. I wouldn't call it spotting but it wasn't as heavy as normal. Today it's very light and no cramps at all. I'm wondering if there is a chance I could still be pregnant and this is not my period but decidual bleeding which I've read about today online. Any thoughts? Thank you
#319 of 1426 Old 02-10-2008, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

dachshund mom- Well we will look forward to Tuesday then. I am crossing my fingers for you!!

Amber- I know what you mean about the server! It has eaten my posts so many times that I have gotten into the habit of copying my post before I submit it. GRRRR. I am stalking your chart now as well, but thanks a lot for talking about implantation dips, because now that thought has entered my mind about MY chart, even though the chance of pregnancy is basically nil. I hope that you continue our BFP streak soon- but either way it will keep this thread interesting!!

I think I am going to wait a couple of days, get a few more high temps hopefully, before I think about overriding FF. But I am definatly thinking about your advice, you are the chartmaster on this thread, I think!

And yes, I will send Mr. Amber right over, so he can marvel at the glory of his birthright.

Jaime- Doesn't it seem funny that at this point in our lives we are praying for PMS? I hope you get it!

JSMa- : Yay, high temps!

TTC08- I am pretty clueless about this all still, but if AF isn't full on then there is always hope!

Well, for me, when I was about to take my temp this morning I looked at yesterday's temp and noticed that I had read it wrong- it was 97.13, not 97.31. So I moved the dot and added today's temp, 97.3 (I checked this time!) and now it gave me back the crosshairs. : Now my psycho mind is saying "implantation dip!" Ya, right, April. No, wait, it's the triplets!!

#320 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
The other thing that has me going is last year I got a Tarot card reading for the whole year, and this month's card is The Death card, which in terms of TTC I think is a pretty good one to get! For those who don't know, it means rebirth.
See, things like "Death" meaning "rebirth" are part of why I think Tarot cards are weird.

I mean, I get it, you have to die to be reborn, but still. Heh.

Oh, and your chart is being stalked, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jaime View Post
Well I know I am not pregnant, because I have no high temps. At this point if AF did show up, I would be running naked in the streets from happiness that my body was actually doing something

DH says I have reached new heights of moodiness, so I am praying that is PMS
So, mental note to self: If news emerges from West Virginia of a crazy streaker woman, it's Jamie.

Quote:
dachshund mom- Well we will look forward to Tuesday then. I am crossing my fingers for you!!
Yes, me too!

And there were other things I had multi-quoted, but they have fallen into the great server abyss, it appears. Basically, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for those who have gotten ugly ol' negatives.
#321 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
So, mental note to self: If news emerges from West Virginia of a crazy streaker woman, it's Jamie.
laughup

Jaime, I might just join the streaking! Because of my temp dipping low again today, I am pretty sure that I STILL have not ovulated yet, and that this is going to be the longest cycle I have ever had. So I am joining your "my cycle is pissing me off" club, if you'll let me in.

The thing that REALLY makes me mad is that before I was on the pill, my cycles were like clockwork!!! But now OFF of it, they are all messed up!

#322 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 09:58 AM

So temp is still dipping a bit each day. I have seen other charts in the gallery that have done the same thing and still ended in a positive result... so still hoping.

It has also changed drastically in temperture here and I have an attic bedroom, so I'm hoping that is what is causing it. *shrugs*

*prays for a positive*

:

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#323 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 11:41 AM

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you who are wondering! I have yet to start a chart or temp record, so I don't have much to report
I did just get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility, so I'm learning! It's a great resource, I"m learning so much! I'm on CD 11, and have decided to treat every day as if it's an O day, so you know what that means...:

I am lucky to have a wonderful supportive group of friends who are all rooting for us! Yesterday we were at a cookout, and my friend's sister was there with her 6month old girl. Adorable! I held her a lot, and my friend told me that holding babies is a good way to stimulate my baby-makin' hormones...what do you think? It sounded good to me...

Anyway, I think I"ll start charting soon, especially if nothing happens this month. I'm just staying positive, relaxed, and happy, and I hope you all do the same! ::

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#324 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
HMB

Hi all!
I've been MIA for a bit, but thought that I would catch up today!

JMSa: Honey, your chart looks PREGGO! I see that you are dipping in temp lately, but my goodness you are nearly the highly coveted 18 DPO! I am hopin' and wishin' for you! :

April: I know how frustrating it is to have a wacky cycle. It will even itself out though. Your body just needs some time to "learn" how to make hormones on its own again. It'll happen.

Amber: I see the death card as a good sign too!

Jamie: I can feel it, you will see *red* soon.....

Dachshund:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
and my friend told me that holding babies is a good way to stimulate my baby-makin' hormones...what do you think? It sounded good to me...
Sounds great to me too! But unfortunately hasn't rubbed off on me yet....

As for updates on me: Well I am 99.89% (at 15DPO) that this is not my month. Had spotting for the last 2 days, and beginning to get cramps today. Looks like AF is on her blasted way:
I kinda suspected as much, seeing how I was attending a birth (all day and night long) when I was ovulating. How's that for irony?!
Oh well, here's hoping for next month! Now I'll be stalking all your charts instead!
#325 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 04:14 PM

HMB you are so sweet! *hugs*

Sorry to hear about AF. That is some irony of where you were though! Yikes!

Birdie that sounds like a good plan! lol That is how I look at it too... especially with my cycles soooo long and messed up and I had no idea what was going on... so we just made sure to BD A LOT!! hehe

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#326 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Well... still no AF... temps are dipping a little each day this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I've been sleeping with my mouth open the past couple nights too, and last night we had the overhead fan on because I kept sweating...

So I feel hot but temps dipped a bit... who knows. lol

I'm still getting random waves of naseau, sometimes I have to really concentrate on not getting sick.

I'm still praying I could be... I plan on testing again on either Wednesday or Thursday...
I am praying for you to get the BFP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
You would think that just the prospect of me streaking would make the period show up. Don't the period Gods want a show?

Quote:
laughup

Jaime, I might just join the streaking! Because of my temp dipping low again today, I am pretty sure that I STILL have not ovulated yet, and that this is going to be the longest cycle I have ever had. So I am joining your "my cycle is pissing me off" club, if you'll let me in.

The thing that REALLY makes me mad is that before I was on the pill, my cycles were like clockwork!!! But now OFF of it, they are all messed up!
You're in the club! I was put on the pill a billion years ago because my period wouldn't stop. I was on the pill years before I even lost my virginity So my body never really got to be normal on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you who are wondering! I have yet to start a chart or temp record, so I don't have much to report
I did just get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility, so I'm learning! It's a great resource, I"m learning so much! I'm on CD 11, and have decided to treat every day as if it's an O day, so you know what that means...:

I am lucky to have a wonderful supportive group of friends who are all rooting for us! Yesterday we were at a cookout, and my friend's sister was there with her 6month old girl. Adorable! I held her a lot, and my friend told me that holding babies is a good way to stimulate my baby-makin' hormones...what do you think? It sounded good to me...

Anyway, I think I"ll start charting soon, especially if nothing happens this month. I'm just staying positive, relaxed, and happy, and I hope you all do the same! ::
I have heard that too! That if you spend time with a baby, it increases your fertility. A few months ago a Mom at my shelter had a baby, and I spent like, 60 hours a week with this kid, and my DH wouldn't come anywhere near me He was scared to touch me! The one and only time I know I ovulated since stopping the pill, I was at work, surrounded by women. I was bummed This is why working so much and going days without seeing my husband is going to seriously get me motivated to, um, start driving to DH's job on his lunch breaks on weeks when I wont see him for a few days at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMB View Post
Hi all!
I've been MIA for a bit, but thought that I would catch up today!

Jamie: I can feel it, you will see *red* soon.....
As for updates on me: Well I am 99.89% (at 15DPO) that this is not my month. Had spotting for the last 2 days, and beginning to get cramps today. Looks like AF is on her blasted way:
I kinda suspected as much, seeing how I was attending a birth (all day and night long) when I was ovulating. How's that for irony?!
Oh well, here's hoping for next month! Now I'll be stalking all your charts instead!
I am sorry, hopefully next month it happens for you! And thanks, I hope I see some red soon too!

Well Wednesday I have my first appointment with a new doctor. My current family doctor is retiring. Plus he never really listens, just wants to drug you up all the time. This is a younger, female doctor, so I am going to talk about my cycles and my weight *dang scale wont budge*

I rejoined Weight Watchers today because it seems that my scale hates me. I am going to see if my new doc will test my thyroid because I also have really low morning temps, which can signal thyroid issues too. Wish me luck!

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#327 of 1426 Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 PM

JSMa, one of us better get a BFP for making it to 18dpo. You are still way above the cover line!

I got blood test results from last Wednesday (supposed 18dpo).

BFN. That F is the bad F in my mind right now. So I'm not testing tomorrow. I got the crosshairs off my FF chart by removing one high temp. Now Ovusoft is going to pop up a pregnant symbol on my chart tomorrow.

The O detection must not be very accurate post BCP. I was thinking I'd stop charting for a couple months, but I'd always be wondering if I'm not ovulating or if I'm pregnant. Then DH had a brilliant idea! We bought a 50 pack of those internet cheapie tests and from now on I'm just going to test every Friday (and dtd a lot - this was his plan). Still going to take temps, but haven't decided if I'll put them in FF. Is there anyway to turn off the O prediction? It's bumming me out.

Can I be in your not ovulating club? Somebody start a thread!

mom to DD 3/09
#328 of 1426 Old 02-12-2008, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Awww, Andrea. So sorry for your BFN. We all support you. I think that the solution with the weekly testing sounds like a good idea to get your mind off it all.

And of course you can be in our club, although I think that Jaime is the founding member. But the Not Ovulating Club sounds far to civil for how we are feeling......I was thinking something along the lines of " you, BCP!" or "What the is up with my chart?" I am sure that between us all we can come up with some interesting names!

#329 of 1426 Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 AM

Awwww, Andrea, I am sorry

I agree, we should come up with a more aggressive name. How about "Kiss my eggs, chart"

#330 of 1426 Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 AM

*goes to sit in the not ovulating club*

Well, temp dipped so much this morning that it made the crosshairs go away. *sighs* FF doesn't think I O'ed at all now.

I need to call the doctor again... this is ridiculous. My longest cycle before was 60 days... I'm at 72!!!!!!!!!!!! And the thing that really gets me is when I first got off the pill a year ago I was still at normal 25 - 28 day cycles, it didn't get messed up til recently. *cries*

I really thought this was it... I really did. *cries*

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page