Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 AM
HMB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Okay, so my co-worker/doula partner was in the area and I succumbed. She thinks it's a BFP too! I'm gonna go call Dh (but this whole co-worker seeing it first is between you, her, and this here board, right?!? )

And then first thing tomorrow morning I'm going and getting some more tests!!

*yells 'WooHoo!' and bear-hugs Amber*

I see the line! And I think it's BFP too!:
#362 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 AM

Yay! Congrats on the BFPs! Amber, I totally think you're pregnant!

Welcome to the newbies, this is a great group!

We had the boy I nanny all weekend long, and it was so cute to watch dh play with him! He also got up with the baby the second night (i had to nudge, ok, shove him to get him to wake up when the baby cried, but then he took care of it!). I can't wait for him to be a daddy.

I have a confession too, I really am not not yet a mommy. I have a little dog, and he's sitting in my lap right now and i call myself mommy when I refer to him : And I'm not sure Emma is any better for a boy than Amber. Sorry triplet #3. Oh, and I made the same kind of montage with me and dh, but I started with us as babies and growing up. Totally cheesy, but I love it.

for the nonovulating group. I thankfully only had one cycle where I don't think I ovulated since going off the pill. My main problem was short LP. One good thing came from it though, I've convinced my sister to never do hormonal bc, so hopefully she'll avoid all these crappy problems!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#363 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
So within 5 min (control showed up at 3 and it's supposed to be invalid after 10) a very faint, but pink, line showed up. I can clearly see it even though it's faint. That's a BFP right?!?!?!? I already called my friend to see if she has a digital camera... though I don't know how I'm gonna borrow it from her without letting her know what I want it for! Just seems like Dh should be the first IRL to know if it's real, yk?
EMMA AMBER. YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS. You had to tell me the answer not two weeks ago, remember?!?!!

AGGGGHHHH! You are so totally knocked up. YEA!
:::

Quote:
Okay, so my co-worker/doula partner was in the area and I succumbed. She thinks it's a BFP too! I'm gonna go call Dh (but this whole co-worker seeing it first is between you, her, and this here board, right?!? )
I have no idea what you're talking about.

(Y'all are perfect strangers and yet knew a good two days before my husband did, so yeah. I wouldn't worry about it.)

HEY! Isn't this the month y'all were gonna skip TTC??! Betcha you're glad you didn't!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
I have a confession too, I really am not not yet a mommy. I have a little dog, and he's sitting in my lap right now and i call myself mommy when I refer to him : And I'm not sure Emma is any better for a boy than Amber. Sorry triplet #3. Oh, and I made the same kind of montage with me and dh, but I started with us as babies and growing up. Totally cheesy, but I love it.
More gosh darn liars.

I've got three dogs, but I purposefully avoid referring to them in any way as children or children substitutes. We spoil them enough as is. (All of them are currently lounging on the couch right now. Rotten buggers.) And good on you for convincing your sister to not do the hormonal thing! I've got a friend who's been on it for way longer than I was, and I'm going to try to gently convince her to go off it well before they actually start TTC, so if she has ovulation issues it won't be as stressful, hopefully.
#364 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 10:14 AM

YAY Amber!!!!! : : : : CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So much babdydust to dance in! *dances around*

I got a BFN this morning... but I am proud of myself at staying positive. It WILL happen. I just need to be patient and positive. *nods*

HAPPY VALENTINE'S EVERYONE!!!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#365 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 AM

:
Congrats Amber!! That is so exciting - if it showed up that fast it must be positive!! Yay!!!!

JSMa - sorry about the
You have a wonderful attitude! Stay positive and the babies will come!

I"m so excited, my good friend is due any day, and she's already 3cm dilated and losing her mucous plug! I'm so excited, any day there will be a new baby here with us!
Me, I'm on CD14, so even though I am not temping and don't know my O day, I have consistent 28-30 day cycles, so I'm hoping to O soon! And you know, since it's Valentine's Day and all...

Good luck to everyone else!:

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#366 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 PM
HMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post

I got a BFN this morning... but I am proud of myself at staying positive. It WILL happen. I just need to be patient and positive. *nods*
Awwww. Sorry JSMa You're BFP will come.
Come join me for a cocktail (because we can) in the "no-baby-this-month circle". *laughing through teary eyes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post

I have a confession too, I really am not not yet a mommy. I have a little dog, and he's sitting in my lap right now and i call myself mommy when I refer to him
DH and I totally do the same thing.
We even have voices for our fur-babies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
Me, I'm on CD14, so even though I am not temping and don't know my O day, I have consistent 28-30 day cycles, so I'm hoping to O soon! And you know, since it's Valentine's Day and all...
: :

Happy Valentine's Day Mamas (as yes, that includes the not-quite-yet-mamas)
#367 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Yay Amber!

All you ladies with BFPs keep spreading that babydust around!

I've just been lurking... trying not to get too frustrated. I think I'm getting crampy feelings... darn you Aunt Flo, you are not my friend.

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#368 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 04:51 PM

AMBER!! AHHHHHHHHHH!! Congrats to you!!!!!

Well FIL let me borrow his bloob pressure monitor. It is the super easy kind where you hit the button. It even has a printer My BP was a LOT lower today I am relieved!!

My Mom and I had lunch today for V Day. All she could talk about was how she wants Grandchildren I am trying, I can't help it if my body isn't cooperating She doesn't know I am trying though, and I don't want to tell her because it would only increase the annoyance.

I hope everyone is having a good day

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#369 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 10:03 PM

Happy & Fertile Valentines to all you wonderful ladies!!!!

I took another one as soon as I woke up cause I couldn't help myself and it was even darker. Seems to be the real thing. It's so hilarious how you can tell someone else "A line's a line!" but when it happens to you you think , "Wait, there must be some catch here!" Dh is coming home tonight and I'll take a pic of the now pretty faded (it's been all day) but still clear BFP for you ladies!

ETA: Got a pic for ya! The first one's really light, but I think you can still see it. Second two are much darker.

http://picasaweb.google.com/eadunne/...11717307809858

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#370 of 1426 Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 PM

YEA AMBER! Those are all BFPs silly.

You better hang around to teach us how to read our charts!

mom to DD 3/09
#371 of 1426 Old 02-15-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jaime View Post
Well FIL let me borrow his bloob pressure monitor. It is the super easy kind where you hit the button. It even has a printer My BP was a LOT lower today I am relieved!!

My Mom and I had lunch today for V Day. All she could talk about was how she wants Grandchildren I am trying, I can't help it if my body isn't cooperating She doesn't know I am trying though, and I don't want to tell her because it would only increase the annoyance.
Very glad to hear about the blood pressure! Keep monitoring it, I bet you'll be fine.

And UGH about your mom and her baby talk. Is there any way you can gently (or not so gently! ) suggest to her that it's not really any of her business and if you want to talk about it you'll bring it up? I guess that depends on how strong your relationship is. My sister is the one desperate for me to reproduce, and I just told her for the longest time that we weren't going to have any kids, so she just had to suck it up. (And actually, for awhile we thought we weren't gonna, so it wasn't a lie.)

Quote:
I took another one as soon as I woke up cause I couldn't help myself and it was even darker. Seems to be the real thing. It's so hilarious how you can tell someone else "A line's a line!" but when it happens to you you think , "Wait, there must be some catch here!" Dh is coming home tonight and I'll take a pic of the now pretty faded (it's been all day) but still clear BFP for you ladies!
See? Now you understand why I was so hesitant. I'm glad to see that you took your tests apart too, by the way. Oh, and that photo album says it belongs to Emily. I'm starting to disbelieve you even more now...

#372 of 1426 Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

WHOA! Again I am gone for a few days and someone gets a BFP! Maybe I should always try to be busy when you guys are testing!

CONGRATS TO PERSON NOT REALLY NAMED AMBER!!! You are sooooooo preggie!!! ::::

SO happy for you!! Love the deconstructed tests! Thanks for the pics, we love looking at BFP's!!!

Now if I could just ovulate or say hello to AF, that would be great.

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#373 of 1426 Old 02-15-2008, 09:57 AM

That is so a BFP!!!!!! CONGRATS, again!!! :

And I second that April! lol I'd actually be ecstatic to see AF right now! lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#374 of 1426 Old 02-15-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
And I second that April! lol I'd actually be ecstatic to see AF right now! lol
Me, too! This is the longest LP I've ever had, but I think it's because I have low progesterone - I've been spotting for 4 days now. I just want it to be over with already so I can try again next month
#375 of 1426 Old 02-15-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Oh, and that photo album says it belongs to Emily. I'm starting to disbelieve you even more now...

Ahhhh! Emma.... Emily..... Emma..... it's all the same Person-Not-Named-Lee-But-Has-Lee-In-Her-Name-Somewhere! My friends and family call me Emma.... public calls me Emily. Sigh.

I'm not a liar, I swear!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#376 of 1426 Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Amber, (Emma)

I just have to tell you that I was looking at your links- how great they are! I love the wedding video thing! You totally have to tell me about that treehouse looking thing that you labeled "Our first home." Your little bean is a lucky one! Oregon must be a beautiful place.

BTW, how did/are you telling your DH? I can't wait to hear the story!

JSMa, Woodlandfairytale and Jaime- Now we're in the "Would AF just freakin' show up" club. I am sorry you all are going through it too, but it makes me feel better, all the same, to know that it isn't just me. s

lee-just curious, what made your change your mind about having kids?

Have a good weekend everyone....I am going to be staying inside most of it, we are expecting yet another ice/snow storm here in Iowa!!

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#377 of 1426 Old 02-16-2008, 12:01 AM

I am on CD 80 :

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#378 of 1426 Old 02-16-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgurlie View Post
Amber, (Emma)

I just have to tell you that I was looking at your links- how great they are! I love the wedding video thing! You totally have to tell me about that treehouse looking thing that you labeled "Our first home." Your little bean is a lucky one! Oregon must be a beautiful place.

BTW, how did/are you telling your DH? I can't wait to hear the story!
Thanks! We were living down in California at the time and SO tired of paying astronomical rent prices, so we decided to try out a crazy idea. We asked my parents if we could put up a yurt (www.yurts.com) on their property and they agreed! So we bought one, built it, and lived in it for 3 years saving $ to move to Oregon. We moved last spring and now we're living some different dreams; I'm going to school and Dh has started his own business. We sold the yurt, but I LOVED living in it. It was one huge circle (30' diameter) so it was kind of like a studio, and we built a kitchen into it and were going to build a bathroom until we decided we were going to move in only a few years (so we used my parents!). It was a pretty crazy lifestyle, definitely made me realize what a luxury modern living is and how little you REALLY need for it to be adequate shelter. I used to joke and say I'm more of a real hippy than any of those posers living in regular houses! And now I'm REALLY enjoying my plumbing and bathtub and real kitchen... so I guess I'm one of those posers now!

My telling Dh story is kind of lame, but kind of funny. He was out of town so I called him on the phone and said, "Hello..... Daddy." He kind of blustered for a bit, then said, "I gotta go!" and hung up on me! I found out later he'd hung up on me to go call every relative and friend he knows and wore out his cell phone battery so he couldn't call me back! I thought it was really cute how excited he was!

Quote:
I am on CD 80 :
To you and the rest of the gals in the wishing for AF group!!!

#379 of 1426 Old 02-16-2008, 03:10 PM

I had horrible cramps this morning. But no period. What an insult, if I am going to have cramps the least my body could do is bleed

A bit TMI so I am leaving space..

I did see a tiny bit of blood, but that could have been from scratching myself wiping or something. I keep checking to see if it is actual period blood.

#380 of 1426 Old 02-16-2008, 03:11 PM

That is a cute way to tell your DH It wouldn't work for me since the cats refer to him as Daddy. Yes, my cats talk, just sayin'

#381 of 1426 Old 02-17-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
WHOA! Again I am gone for a few days and someone gets a BFP! Maybe I should always try to be busy when you guys are testing!
Hee! Quick everyone, tell April your testing dates so she can be out of town or something.

Quote:
Ahhhh! Emma.... Emily..... Emma..... it's all the same Person-Not-Named-Lee-But-Has-Lee-In-Her-Name-Somewhere! My friends and family call me Emma.... public calls me Emily. Sigh.

I'm not a liar, I swear!
Hee. You're too funny. I think I'll keep calling you Amber, probably. Or we could go with Lion. You know, since you've been lyin' this whole time...

Yes, yes, I'm leaving now, no need to boo me off stage.

Quote:
lee-just curious, what made your change your mind about having kids?
Well, I'm just not sure. I'd always figured growing up that I'd have kids, but it was never a big thing for me, like it was for my sister. She only had 2 kids, and she wishes she had more - being a mommy is what she does. I guess since I never had that "oh my gosh I HAVE to have kids, that's my life's mission" I entertained the thought of not having any at all, and it worked for awhile. But now, we've been married 4 years, we've got the house, the dogs, we're settled, and quite honestly it was disappointing to see my period every month - even though I was on the pill. Also, even though I should 'cause I love being a student, I don't have a college degree and honestly not much motivation to get one. I just couldn't figure out what career I wanted, what I wanted to do when I grow up. Finally I realized it's because what I want for me right now doesn't take a degree, just two little lines. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom anyway when we have kids, so it's worked out well. Also, when I turned 27 I decided that officially meant I was in my late 20's, and that was an incentive too, quite honestly.

Quote:
I did see a tiny bit of blood, but that could have been from scratching myself wiping or something. I keep checking to see if it is actual period blood.
No such thing as TMI in here, dear lady. I really really hope this is it for you. :
#382 of 1426 Old 02-17-2008, 06:01 PM

Nope, it wasn't a period. I only saw a tiny speck of blood and nothing else again, so :

I have to say I really hate temping at 6:45 every morning when I have no clue when my period is ever going to get here

#383 of 1426 Old 02-17-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Nope, it wasn't a period. I only saw a tiny speck of blood and nothing else again, so :

I have to say I really hate temping at 6:45 every morning when I have no clue when my period is ever going to get here
Grrr. I am : for you too. And really, I'm quite impressed you've kept up with the temping. I probably would have thrown out my thermometer in frustration forever ago if I were you.

You mentioned the blood pressure thing from going to the doctor, but did they maybe suggest taking anything to kick-start your cycle? Don't get me wrong - even though I work in a pharmacy I certainly don't think drugs are always the answer. They do have their place though, wasn't sure how you felt about the concept.
#384 of 1426 Old 02-17-2008, 09:31 PM

My doctor felt that since I was on the pill for almost 10 years, and since I did have one period since stopping, that she wasn't worried about my cycle just yet. She did test my thyroid- it was normal. I am going back next month with the results of my self testing BP and she will ask about my cycle again then. Hopefully by then I will have something good to report.

#385 of 1426 Old 02-18-2008, 12:12 AM

Ah, good! She sounds on top of things. I'd forgotten that this wasn't your first month off, honestly. Well, : again!

And now, off to try and fix a late dinner while feeling queasy.

ETA: The husbandperson had already starting dinner by the time I typed this. Love that man.
#386 of 1426 Old 02-20-2008, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Well, gee, I thought that since I have been MIA for a few days here that I would see a BFP when I came back!

I have been really busy and I have been sick lately. I haven't temped because of it, since any temps I got would probably be off. Not that my temps were telling me much anyway!!

Jaime, glad to hear that the thyroid is ok, and I hope your cycle figures out what's up pretty soon.

Lee- Awww. Your husband is sweet.

See you all later!

#387 of 1426 Old 02-20-2008, 12:13 PM

Ah, almost three months without a period. Three months?!?!?!?!

I miss it. There, I said it. I am a freak. But I am of the opinion that if I can't be pregnant, I should at least get to have a period every month. To feel connected, you know?

Plus the Mama Cloth I paid a ton for sits unused and that is aggrivating

#388 of 1426 Old 02-20-2008, 02:51 PM

Aww, Jaime!
I just wanted to say hi! and see how everyone is doing. I don't have any news, I'm just trying to be patient! I'm trying to wait until AF is due to test, but don't know if I'll make it. My husband has an eerie talent for detecting pregnancy in women before they even say anything, and I'm hoping it will work on me. He said last night that he thought I might be
But who knows if that's just wishful thinking or what. I don't feel any different, but I did have light spotting today (CD 20) and htat NEVER happens to me. So I don't know if it's significant or not, and since I don't know when I ovulated, I can't guess what it means...

Anyway, good luck to everyone else!::

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#389 of 1426 Old 02-20-2008, 03:20 PM

Hi, I am about to turn 26 and DH (28) and I have agreed (since December) to "just see what happens". I am excited but I have been hoping that things would happen a little faster. We have been using NFP to avoid pregnancy for almost 2 years (like FAM but no barriers/etc, just abstinence during fertile time) and have been married for 2 1/2 years. I haven't read this whole thread because, well, it is HUGE lol . I was really hoping this cycle would be it. I am 10dys PO today and took a preg test and (-). I was going to wait till my birthday at 12dys PO but I thought if it was neg it would bum me out too much and I didn't want to ruin my birthday. I normally have 12-13 day LP so I know it is a bit early but I just had a feeling it didn't happen this month (been moody, crampy like normal PMS & such). I just have to try and remember that things happen in God's time but it still makes me a little sad.

SAHM to one sweet little
#390 of 1426 Old 02-20-2008, 03:24 PM

Welcome steedalyn, and good luck!

STILL no AF for me. Clearly I have not ovulated yet. I guess I should assume I can o at any time, but it is so hard to time things considering I barely have any CM and my OPKs haven't arrived yet. Plus, I don't want to go through dozens and dozens of them during a stupid long anovulatory cycle.

This is SO frustrating because this was supposed to be our first cycle TTC and suddenly my body decides to not function properly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page