TTC #1 in 2008 in our 20's! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey girls! I am new and just started TTC after my last BC pill in January. I am now 11 days late... NOT pregnant. I am just so anxious and want to start really TRYING, but without AF, I have no idea when my cycle starts let alone whether I am ovulating. GRRRRR send me some dust (AF or baby!) hahahaha nice to meet you all!!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#422 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMB View Post
You do not need a prescription for Vitex (also known as Chasteberry, and the scientific name is agnus castus...in case you see it as a different name.)
You can just pick it up at a local health food store, I find Trader Joe's and Whole Foods to have a really good blend.
It would be a good thing to consider starting once you are at CD1, so we'll : for that to happen soon.
To find out more, I would suggest consulting with a Naturopathic, Chiropractic or Homeopathic Physician

Not that have been reported. It is a very safe herb. It works by giving a boost to LH levels and *very* mildly inhibiting FSH levels thereby shifting the estrogen-progesterone ratio. It is not the same as taking progesterone because the shift in hormones is an indirect effect since Vitex is a herb not a hormone.
If you decide to take it, be prepared that like with any natural treatment, it can take time to build in your system (like 3-6 months).
It can be taken throughout your cycle, but should be stopped if you become PG.
If your cycle has not shifted or balanced more after 1 year of taking it, I would look into some in-depth testing, to find out why things are not regulating.
The dosage is different for every woman, so I suggest seeing a physician who works with these herbs (naturopath, chiropractor, homeopath), but generally it is taken first thing in the morning at about 200mg or more (depending on your cycle).

The only thing that would make me potentially cautious about taking Vitex, are any meds that you already take. You should always ask your physician how your meds might be effected if taking herbal supplements.
Hope that helps
Thanks for the info I do not take any medications. Occasionally I will have an OTC decongestant if I can't breath and I take Melatonin some nights. I am scared of prescription medications now so my doctor doesn't even bother suggesting them to me

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#423 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 01:40 PM

Well, we just got back from our honeymoon. And mean 'ole Aunt Flo decided to join us on the second day. I guess we could have planned better, but I didn't think I'd be that regular that soon after BCP... and I honestly had psyched myself into thinking I may be preggers... Darnitall.

Hooray for all the AFs visiting, though, as at least that's something...

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#424 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
The good news is... I got hired at the place I have been temping! This means I have benefits now and can get a second opinion on what is going on!!! I'm so excited! Now to find a doctor. lol
Excellent news! Congrats!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxeyedkat View Post
Well, we just got back from our honeymoon. And mean 'ole Aunt Flo decided to join us on the second day. I guess we could have planned better, but I didn't think I'd be that regular that soon after BCP... and I honestly had psyched myself into thinking I may be preggers... Darnitall.

Hooray for all the AFs visiting, though, as at least that's something...
Aw, shucks. Well, hope that otherwise your honeymoon went great!
#425 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
I totally got faked out this weekend. Saturday night, I had some major bright red spotting that I thought for sure was AF on its way and the following morning my temp plummeted. I was about to start celebrating 'CD 1 Day' -

Well, AF never came! No more spotting, temp back up, ARGHHHHHH
Hey, it could be an ovulation dip!!! I see you've got ewcm with your spotting and that's a good sign of ovulation too...... : are you doing opk's? what are they saying if you are?

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#426 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Hey, it could be an ovulation dip!!! I see you've got ewcm with your spotting and that's a good sign of ovulation too...... : are you doing opk's? what are they saying if you are?
If it was, I missed it. Just took an OPK and it was decidedly negative, as it was on Friday and Saturday... I didn't test yesterday because Sat. night I was spotting so much I thought for sure I'd get AF (lots of bright red). But, it went away again... I'm not sure if I will O this cycle. I have been spotting on and off since the day I was supposed to get AF (CD30).

I don't know, it seems like my uterine lining is as full/built up as it would be after O, considering all this (TMI!) gooey red spotting, but my chart doesn't indicate O at any point.
#427 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 07:06 PM

HMB- any recommendations on vitex brands? I'm looking at Fertility Blend and FertiliAid. Both say they're clinically proven to regulate ovulation.

Welcome Lauren!

JSMa, I'm sure your job situation has had you stress. Maybe this will get things going.

Alice, could this be annov. bleeding? A lot of people get EWCM right before AF. When I was on the pill, I would barely bleed for a day, so that might be similar.

mom to DD 3/09
#428 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 PM

Could be... I certainly haven't bled enough for it to be full AF though... and since going off BC I've had normal to long periods each cycle (4-7 days).

So, I don't know if I should be waiting for AF or waiting to O. I feel like I should take OPKs just in case, since my CM isn't telling me anything with these random patches throughout my cycle, but on the other hand I feel like I might just be wasting them since maybe AF is coming.... I don't know!
#429 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 09:15 PM

Ok, this is officially the weirdest period I have ever had. I started spotting/light bleeding Saturday night, heavy bleeding Sunday, then today started out light and progressed to spotting this evening. I have been looking through my charts and I have never had a period less than 6 days in the last 16 cycles, usually with at least 3 days of heavy-medium bleeding. I guess I will just have to wait till tomorrow and see what happens. Anyone ever experience anything like this before?

SAHM to one sweet little
#430 of 1426 Old 02-25-2008, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

notyetamommy and steedalyn- Well, hey, if we all have fairly normal cycles this next time, we can be cycle buddies! I definately have full blown AF today, and all that goes with it, including cramps and excessive b*tchiness. My poor students!

Woodlandfairytale- I hope that your uncertainty will be short lived. I kind of wished that I had a OPK this last cycle, even though we technically aren't trying. I am just freakin curious, as you must be, about what in the world is goin' on down there! Cuz like you, I am a charting newbie and have no clue!!

JSMa- I will send AF vibes your way, too! That 80's song is now stuck in my head "Don't stop.....believin!" But YAY on the job! Now maybe you can teach us newbs a thing or two!!

HMB- thanks for all the info on Vitex, I really had no idea what it was before you posted that.

Lauren31- Hi! Nice to meet ya!

lynx- Kind of a bummer about AF riding in your suitcase to your honeymoon! Oh well, you will just have to make up for it back here at home.....

Amber and Lee- Hey guys! Hope you all are feeling well and are in good spirits. I am glad that we still get to "see" you both. You guys keep us sane here!

Well, like I said earlier, AF is definately here for me, so I am pretty excited about that. I am temping again and hoping that this cycle is more normal and tells me something about my body. I went to see my best friend this past weekend, and she has a 7 mo. old little girl. SO cute! I was mega jealous. She was all smiles and looked at me with a bewilderment the whole time. She kept unlatching from mom's breast to turn her head and look at me while she was nursing. AWWW!! I hope when I have kids that I have a little girl first.....

We are in the middle of MORE winter storms here in Iowa! We have been getting rain, that turns into freezing rain, that turns into snow lately. So basically our roads are snow on top of ice. We are in the top 10 snowiest winters ever, according to my weather station! : I hope you all are fairing better!

I'll be stalking the news tonight, looking for school cancellations for tomorrow.....have a good one everyone!

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#431 of 1426 Old 02-26-2008, 11:37 AM
HMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
HMB- any recommendations on vitex brands? I'm looking at Fertility Blend and FertiliAid. Both say they're clinically proven to regulate ovulation.
Hmmmm....I don't know much about those brands. I looked them up on the internet and it seems like FertilityBlend is reputable. I generally use Metagenics, Douglas Labs or MediHerb, but you can only get them through a health provider. I like that because there are more clincal trials done on them and the standards for quality are higher. I not only want the product that I take to do what it says it will, but I want the herbs to be produced in an ethical and safe way too.
If you are looking for one at the health food store, always choose one that has a "standardized" amount so that it is consistant in every bottle. Botanicals that don't have a "standardized" amount vary widely in consistency, and might just end up being crap-ola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgurlie View Post

We are in the middle of MORE winter storms here in Iowa! We have been getting rain, that turns into freezing rain, that turns into snow lately. So basically our roads are snow on top of ice. We are in the top 10 snowiest winters ever, according to my weather station! : I hope you all are fairing better!

I'll be stalking the news tonight, looking for school cancellations for tomorrow.....have a good one everyone!
April, I don't know why I didn't clue into the fact that you live in Iowa until just NOW
I used to live in Iowa...in Bettendorf!! I lived there for 4 years until moving to Wisconsin and recently Ontario!
My DH is from Iowa, so I have a special soft spot for it....I actually loved living in Bettendorf so much that I tell DH I would move back anytime!

I agree that Iowa gets some nasty winter weather...lots of ice! But then again it seems like the south to me now since I've been living in WI and now Canada!

Ohh....I miss the good ol' Hawkeye State.....*sigh*

So girls, send me some baby dust please..this is CD16 for me, and although I haven't taken OPK today yet, I had a temp spike this morning and lots of EWCM too. DH told me this morning that he had a dream last night that we had a baby.... I hope this is our month finally.... :
#432 of 1426 Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 PM

And the weirdness continues.... I am looking at a 3 day period here (spotting started saturday night). That has never ever happened to me before, even when I was on BC I had 5 or 6 day periods and never one shorter than 6 days since I have been off (almost 2 years). I merged my charts from Jan this recent bleeding just so I could get a whole picture.

I am very confused at this point. I am waiting to see if my temp drops later today when I take it. By the way, how to I get my chart to link here anyway? I cant seem to figure it out.

SAHM to one sweet little
#433 of 1426 Old 02-26-2008, 01:21 PM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and AF dust!

Still nothing going on down there. This is so sad... Almost 90 days...

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#434 of 1426 Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 PM

Hi! I'm new here and really happy to have found MDC.

My husband and I are both 29 and trying for our first. I was on the pill for 5 years and went off last Spring, used other methods of birth control through January, and tried in earnest this month.

I've been charting since September, and this month is looking abnormal, temp wise. That is, no clear, obvious ovulation date but some possible ones...

Anyone have any experience with mittelshmertz? I have had it about 3/4ths of the time since I went off the pill. I had it this month, but have had similar pains (duller, but the same focused pain, on both sides) every day since (10 days now).

I waver frequently between being sure the pain is due to hormonal changes b/c I'm pregnant, being sure it's just wild PMS cramps because I'm not, and thinking that I've got cysts or something. I'm not emotionally ready to pee on a stick yet, nor do I think it's a problem that warrants calling my midwife...yet. I am having some nausea, but only when I'm busy fretting duing slow afternoons at work.

Despite this rather lame whiny-ness, I'm feeling optimistic and excited about getting pregnant sometime this year. Yay!

Mom to energy.gif(11/08) and  babyboy.gif  (4/11)

#435 of 1426 Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM

Lauren31 and LaurenAnanas

I hope both of you have a short and sweet stay here!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#436 of 1426 Old 02-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Welcome Lauren!

Unfortunately, from everything I have researched so far with my own system coming off the pill... your body can still be adjusting. Hang tight and I hope it all works out for you! :

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#437 of 1426 Old 02-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and AF dust!

Still nothing going on down there. This is so sad... Almost 90 days...
Yep, I am there with you Don't worry, I have a feeling something will happen for both of us soon.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#438 of 1426 Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 PM

I hope so Jaime.

You came off the pill in October, right?

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#439 of 1426 Old 02-27-2008, 04:58 PM

Don't women sometimes sync up cycles when they're together a lot? A coworker just commented that she has cramps so I'm going to follow her around today.

mom to DD 3/09
#440 of 1426 Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I hope so Jaime.

You came off the pill in October, right?

Yes, it was in October.

Quote:
Don't women sometimes sync up cycles when they're together a lot? A coworker just commented that she has cramps so I'm going to follow her around today.

Great idea!!

#441 of 1426 Old 02-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
: That happens whenever I go stay with my mom or sisters.

Welcome Lauren!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#442 of 1426 Old 02-27-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgurlie View Post
notyetamommy and steedalyn- Well, hey, if we all have fairly normal cycles this next time, we can be cycle buddies! I definately have full blown AF today, and all that goes with it, including cramps and excessive b*tchiness. My poor students!
Yay for cycle buddies! And you're hoping to ttc this summer right? Maybe we can be due date buddies too

#443 of 1426 Old 02-28-2008, 06:22 AM

So I am on day 5 then I suppose. How about you ladies? My temp still hasnt really dropped to pre O levels yet though, of course I am questioning my temping now b/c I have had such erratic sleep patterns from working nights. It is definitely frustrating, think it is one of the worst things about working nights- the inability to temp accurately. Wouldn't it be wierd if we all O'd at the same time too?

SAHM to one sweet little
#444 of 1426 Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 AM

lol

I wish I knew someone I could follow around and hope to get on their cycle. My Mother-in-Law has gone through menopause... no help there. And the lady I work with has had a hysterectomy... no help there either.

Aha! That's my problem, not enough AF dust around! lol

I didn't temp this morning... I'm in denial of feeling discouraged. Pluse I'm still trying to adjust to a decent time to temp. DP recently switched shifts... and for some reason I seem to be waking up about an hour before my alarm goes off, so I'm not really sleeping 3 hours solid before I would be temping... it's getting annoying, because I'd love to pick a time and stick to it.

That's the goal for next week I suppose.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#445 of 1426 Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the welcome ladies!! I am still waiting for AF... grrrrr... now my skin is breaking out like a 14 year old so I am hoping that means the BC hormones are leaving and my normal babymaking hormones are coming back!! I am getting so impatient!!!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#446 of 1426 Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 AM

Temping's been a mess for me too! I've been sleeping very poorly over the last week, so I haven't even bothered to temp most mornings. I've been waking up several times a night, either freezing cold or boiling hot, sometimes nauseous, and it's really annoying.

I don't know what's going on, but I had my first migraine yesterday. That sounds like some sort of children's toy, when you say it that way. According to Dr. Internet, some women experience their first migraines during pregnancy, but even if I am pregnant, I would think it's far too early for something big like that to change.

The weird ovarian cramps are gone, and AF is now officially late, but the little voice in my head says it's just because I ovulated later than usual. I'm usually very optimistic (rainbows! daisies! puppies!), but I guess I'm being careful not to get too attached to the idea of being pregnant. If no period by Friday, I'm going to buy some tests on the way home from work.

Mom to energy.gif(11/08) and  babyboy.gif  (4/11)

#447 of 1426 Old 02-29-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steedalyn View Post
So I am on day 5 then I suppose. How about you ladies? My temp still hasnt really dropped to pre O levels yet though, of course I am questioning my temping now b/c I have had such erratic sleep patterns from working nights. It is definitely frustrating, think it is one of the worst things about working nights- the inability to temp accurately. Wouldn't it be wierd if we all O'd at the same time too?
Day 5 for me too. I just clicked on your link and thought, holy crap, that looks exactly like mine! Then I realized, it WAS mine, . You have to go to "Sharing" on the left menu, then home page setup, and it will give a link to your personal chart to share.

I just got back from seeing the Business of Being Born. It was really good!

#448 of 1426 Old 02-29-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
Day 5 for me too. I just clicked on your link and thought, holy crap, that looks exactly like mine! Then I realized, it WAS mine, . You have to go to "Sharing" on the left menu, then home page setup, and it will give a link to your personal chart to share.

I just got back from seeing the Business of Being Born. It was really good!
LOL thanks for the tip with FF, I hadn't figured out how to even link it at first, then when I did I guess I didn't realize it wasn't my homepage.
*TMI alert*
I merged my two charts from last cycle and this cycle because I am not sure what is going on. My temp hasn't dropped yet but I am not spotting anymore except some very light tan kind of old stuff when I wipe sometimes.
here is the link and I will add it to my sig.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1aa748
bear in mind I work nights (7:30pm to 8am) and have very erratic temp times. I *thought* I was ok temping since I got pretty clear O signs that correlated with my temps but now I am doubting myself since it hasn't dropped yet....
It is so frustrating trying to chart when you don't sleep at normal times. What do all you girls think? I haven't really had this problem before with my temp not coming down, do you think it is my charting/temping that is off? Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just go by my CM signs and forget about temps (at least when working nights) but I am kind of anal and like to really KNOW that I O'd since I have had cycles in the past with extended fertile CM.

SAHM to one sweet little
#449 of 1426 Old 02-29-2008, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all! YAY conferences are over, I have a life now!!

HMB- That is so cool that you lived in Iowa. I have never been to Bettendorf, but I have heard nice things about it. I really do like living here, even with the weather. I love snow!
I am sending you baby dust right now! Keep us updated!!

LaurenAnanas- Ugh, I hate migraines. I get them every once and a while, and am kind of concerned that they will increase when I get pregnant. I hope that YOUR migraine is a bearer of good news though! I will be optimistic for you, sometimes it is hard to be hopeful for yourself! Keep us posted, I and others aren't trying for a while, and need to have some POAS action here!!

JSMa, Jaime, and Lauren31- s Sorry there is no AF going on for you there. Dachshund Mom, I think following around a "fertile Myrtle" is a great idea! Hang in there. AF dust for all of you.

steedalyn and notyetamommy- Woohoo! Cycle buddies! I am on CD 6 now, so we ARE all on the same day! AF just is ending. I was expecting it to be longer, being my first AF after the pill, but it was actually pretty normal. It WOULD be cool if we all O'd at the same time!

notyetamommy- I want to see that movie! I am going to make my husband watch it with me. Yes, we are trying this summer, starting in May! Do you have a specific time you are starting to TTC? I can't remember if you said already.

steedalyn-wish I was more of a pro at charting, but mine looked weird last cycle. I think I O'd during the time that I was sick and not temping. That has to be frustrating not having a set time to do it. I would keep doing it though, you can see the change in your last chart, even though it is really weird that your temps haven't dropped........do you think that maybe you had a chemical pregnancy? Again, I really am no expert here, just puzzled looking at that chart!

YAY, 3 day weekend for me here, more weather coming on Sunday! We are 4th in "snowiest winters ever" here, I say we GO FOR THE GOLD! All this being inside makes me want to make a baby! But, we are trying really hard to wait until May for good timing with the school year. I figure then I can barf away my first trimester in the summer when I am not teaching, and be huge and fat in the winter, and then have baby close to summer vacation again. Probably won't work out that way, but hey, gotta try!

My hubby and I were at dinner last night, and we made a wager- he totally thinks that the first time that we try I am going to get pregnant, and I think it will take a few months. I think I have a pretty good chance of winning that bet, since he gets one month to win and I get everything thereafter! We haven't come to the "terms" yet....what should I ask for if I win? I am pretty sure my husband just wants more sex.

It is SO fun to be at this time in our lives when we can talk about starting a family! I can't wait till May.... 62 days left to go!!! Happy Friday everyone!

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#450 of 1426 Old 03-01-2008, 01:19 AM

Hey girls

My MIL keeps bugging me. She think I am pregnant and just not telling her I wish. I told her that I hadn't had my period since November and that I wasn't pregnant. Her exact words "Gee I hope you aren't going through menopause." Uh, thanks again. Not exactly what I wanted to hear

Anyway, I got my Vitex in the mail today, I am going to start taking it. Wish me luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page