Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1426 Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
HMB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAnanas View Post
So, I went for the blood test yesterday, and I guess I'll get the results today or tomorrow. No AF, or any signs of it, but a new weird thing started yesterday. My breast are extremely sore and tender.

We were at the grocery store, getting some ice cream (Green & Blacks, the organic chocolate company, now make ice cream. It's verrrry chocolatey.), and I decided it couldn't hurt to try another home test. Tested last night at home and....

Again this morning:

This is kinda awesome!
YOU BET IT'S AWESOME!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!! Congrats!
::
#482 of 1426 Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
I got AF finally!! I went to the doc yesterday and was prescribed Provera, but Af came on its own before I took my first pill, what a relief!
Yea!!

Quote:
Again this morning:

This is kinda awesome!
It is, isn't it?? Congrats! ::
#483 of 1426 Old 03-06-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Tested last night at home and....

Again this morning:

This is kinda awesome!
Yeah it is!! That's TOTALLY awesome!! Congrats!!!!!

::::
: :

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#484 of 1426 Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 PM

Yay!!!!! CONGRATS LaurenAnanas!!!!!!!

::::::jump ers::::

SAHM to one sweet little
#485 of 1426 Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

YAY! We're on a roll again! Congratulations!!!

: : :

SO awesome, Lauren!!!!

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#486 of 1426 Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 PM

Just spoke to my GP, and the blood test confirmed it!

Thanks for all the good wishes, I hope you get yours soon.

Mom to energy.gif(11/08) and  babyboy.gif  (4/11)

#487 of 1426 Old 03-08-2008, 12:33 AM

Congrats Lauren

Nothing happening here, yet. I think I am getting more and more depressed the closer I come to 4 months with no period.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#488 of 1426 Old 03-08-2008, 11:02 AM
HMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jaime View Post
Congrats Lauren

Nothing happening here, yet. I think I am getting more and more depressed the closer I come to 4 months with no period.
Jaime, .

I am sorry you are so down. If it is any consolation to you, after I went of BCP (many, many years ago), I didn't get a period for 6 MONTHS! But after that they have been like clockwork. Vitex did help my LP lengthen, but I didn't start that until a few months before beginning TTC.

It'll happen. It is really scarey when you think about what that little pill does to your entire endocrine system.
#489 of 1426 Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 AM

Congrats Alice!!! I hope you do start a string of AF's. lol

CONGRATS Lauren!! : Have a safe 9 months!

s Jaime... I hear you, hon. I so do. Tomorrow is CD 100... *blinks* I can't even beleive it... I never thought I'd hit the 100 mark with nothing going on... I thought for sure AF would appear again.

I'm going to a health food store this week to get some Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, and hopefully the Maca I ordered will come soon... planning on calling to check on tracking today for it. It's supposed to help the endocrine system overall and fertility. :

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#490 of 1426 Old 03-11-2008, 09:59 AM

Hi Everyone!

I'm a little late joining in, I guess, but I just joined MDC and have been lurking a couple days. I'm 27 and this is my first time TTC. I am not doing all of the taking temp and charting stuff yet. I am not entirely sure when I ovulate--I have a general idea about within what days it's happening but no real indication of the exact moment. I am in CD 23 and just passing the time til next week to take a test. My health insurance just changed last month so I lost both my GP and my OBGYN because they're out of network. So no one to go to yet for a blood test, and I want to find a midwife.

Last week I thought maybe I was having some symptoms--constant headache unless I ate something every 3 hours, feeling tired, but then that could've just been something else going on. This week so far I have felt maybe a little tension in my uterus, but the headaches have subsided. And I am a tad grumpy--which could as easily be PMS. I just don't know how to tell! My husband swears I'm pregnant, but I really don't want to get all excited and then be let down--sometimes I think I am, sometimes I am not sure. In the meantime, I feel that I've become a little obsessive, : Being very busy at work this week and having school this weekend will keep me from wandering off a deep end, but...:

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#491 of 1426 Old 03-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Welcome, Bloomingstar! I hope the testing goes well next week!! :

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#492 of 1426 Old 03-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Bloomingstar, welcome and : for testing!

This is my first cycle charting and FF just gave me solid crosshairs because my temp's been up for three days! Yay, I ovulated!

Sorry, that may be boring news, but there aren't many places one can say "Yay, I ovulated!" without people looking at you like you grew another head. It is so amazing how my body works, that I didn't know about it for 23+ years, and that I'm able to observe it now with charting.

Happy Thursday everyone. I hope to hear more good news from you ladies soon!

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#493 of 1426 Old 03-13-2008, 03:41 PM

I'm lurking.

Lynx! Woo hoo for ovulation! We know how big of a deal that is.

So I started 800mg vitex, and my temps went from waves to leveled off. Weird. I think it's doing something. Not sure what, but something. Did anyone else start it?

I'm going to make an appt with my obgyn for April. I have a disc problem and since going off my medication for ttc, my foot weakness/numbness is creeping back (along with an embarassing limp ). My back dr wants to try steriod shots or go back on the meds, but I'm nervous about screwing up my cycle even more, so he suggested I talk to her before we proceed.

Since I'll be there anyway, maybe I can talk to her into doing a few tests. My "cycles" were 4-5 months long and prob anov. before I went on the pill at 19. At least she can check the thryoid and LH:FSH ratio for me.

mom to DD 3/09
#494 of 1426 Old 03-13-2008, 10:45 PM

Welcome, lynxeyedkat! YAY for ovulation!! Beleive me... some of us here would KILL for that news right now! lol

Where do you get this vitex? Is it at a regular store?

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#495 of 1426 Old 03-13-2008, 11:23 PM

I got mine at a local health food store. It's Solaray brand and was $6.50 for 100 pills and I'm taking two a day. They had another kind there, a vitex extract I think, but it was $17. GNC also has it, but my Walmart and CVS did not.

I don't know if it's working though...

Oh, and it was giving me a headache for a couple days, so I started taking it before bed and the headaches stopped.

mom to DD 3/09
#496 of 1426 Old 03-14-2008, 12:58 PM

Good to know! Thank you Andrea!

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#497 of 1426 Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 PM

Hi Ladies! How are you all doing? Anyone getting close to POAS?

I'm almost 9 weeks over here, just decided on our midwife, and morning sickness sucks but isn't completely kicking my butt. I've been bloating and deflating, and it's so funny b/c people will act like my bloated belly is the baby and I have to tell them: No, you're just rubbing hello to my guts! My Mom, Sister, and BIL are all coming up to visit next week and I'm super excited b/c it'll be the first time I see them since we told them we were pg. Maybe my Mom can be convinced to do some shopping!

Anyways, just wanted to check in with you all again! Hope those who're wishing for AF get her soon, and those waiting to TTC still are blessed with infinite patience, and those waiting to know are graced with double lines!!:::

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#498 of 1426 Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM

Thanks Amber! Glad to hear you are doing well! I bet your Mom could be talked into shopping. *nods* lol

If she is anything like my Mom... she started already without you. lol

Still nothing to report from me... The Maca should be here this week. :

A friend of mine is urging me to POAS anyway since I haven't tested since January... I have mostly stopped charting for the time being too cause I just didn't want to be reminded of anything til I got on a better schedule and started the maca and what not...

I suppose anything is possible? I also suppose the smart thing to do is to test again just to be sure before I start any extra supplements...

I just don't want to get my hopes up. My friend's logic is... DP and I BD just about every other day... so if I did magically ovulate sometime over the past two months since my last test... we could have caught it and I wouldn't know any better anyway...

Which I suppose is a possibility... but one I'm trying not to think on, as I some what doubt it and don't need the set-up for dissapointment. lol

So maybe I'll POAS this week... I will just to be sure once the maca arrives in the mail.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#499 of 1426 Old 03-17-2008, 03:29 PM

Hello everyone. Welcome to the new people

Well nothing going on here. Almost at the 4 month without a period point. For a couple of weeks now my face has been breaking out like crazy. I thought at first it could mean my period was coming, because I have never had an acne problem before. Nope. How unfair is that? To have acne yet not period?

It gets hard sometimes. I feel defeated and sometimes I cry. But life goes on as it should, I guess.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#500 of 1426 Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Aw, Jaime, I'm sorry!

I was one of the 'missing AF' people on here a while back - finally got it and now I've had it for 14 DAYS! It's like all or nothing! I just wanted to start a new cycle and now here I am wondering if something is wrong after all. 14 days of bleeding is strange...
#501 of 1426 Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM

14 days??!! OMG! Alice, that is horrible!! Ugh!

Jaime! I so hear you! My face is all broken out too, the worst I have EVER seen it! I didn't even get break outs like this as a teenager!! I've been horribly moody, nautious on and off, bloated, wet feeling down there like it's going to start, craving things, crampy... all of this on and off for the past three months or so... WHAT THE HELL???!!! lol

*shrugs*

*sings keep on swimming, keep on swimming....*

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#502 of 1426 Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM

Oh the breakouts. I look like I should be a freshman in high school... one of the ones that hasn't yet figured out the need to wash their face with any special care.

#503 of 1426 Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 PM

Aren't hormones grand? lol

My Maca came today!! I'm so excited! I have re-newed positive thoughts. *nods* I put it in some juice tonight... the taste will take some getting used to, but I know it will be worth it.

I also got Vitex tonight... starting with 500 mg.

: : :

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#504 of 1426 Old 03-19-2008, 10:07 PM

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing?

Still hanging in there, here. Have my fingers and toes crossed for some positive results soon. :

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#505 of 1426 Old 03-19-2008, 11:12 PM

Glad to see the good attitude Jen! Keep us posted on the Maca. Are you still going to test?

Lynx, I can't remember, are you ttc right now or waiting? POAS plans? I get the crazy hormones. I have a giant pimple right between my eyes.

So we've decided to not have a hospital birth! DH was insisting we'd go to a hospital and I was leaning that way too, but I netflixed Business of Being Born this weekend and watched with DH. Near the end he picked up the laptop, so I figured he was totally bored, but then after it ended he announced there are three birth centers near our house that he wants to look into. Yea! There was one scene where they showed one of those white boards with all the patients at a particular hospital, and eveyone woman had pitocin written down. Scary.

I called to make an appointment with my dr. today (6 week wait for an appt. as usual) Three people I talked to over there asked if I have taken a pregnancy test when I said I haven't had a period in almost 3 months. Uh, yes I have. Duh.

mom to DD 3/09
#506 of 1426 Old 03-20-2008, 10:00 AM
HMB

Hi everyone! And welcome to anyone new!

Ok so I have totally been MIA since my 2ww in early March. BFN
I have been so frustrated and sad. DH was really sad too, he told me that he really thought that this was "it". I didn't really "feel" pregnant but my chart was triphasic, my temps were higher than they have ever been, then I started spotting (for 3 days, which has never happened) then the inevitable AF started 2 days early. AHHHHHH! And to top it off it lasted for 7 days..much longer than my 4-5 usual days.
So I needed a little break from posting (but I've been occasionally lurking). I just had nothing positive to contribute...since I was busy having a little pitty party for myself.
We've had the basic testing done (FSH, LH, Progest, Prolactin and SA)and should be able to pick up our results by next week. I am scared, but at this point I just want to know, KWIM?

So here we are on CD9 and hoping for the best. DH and I started a Vision Board last night, I came home from an appointment and he had cut out a picture of a pregnant woman and put my picture over the face! It was really funny and cute....also a little creepy, but mostly cute!

I hope you are all doing well, I've read that some of you are starting Vitex and Maca, I hope they will help to balance the crazy cycles out.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
#507 of 1426 Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 AM

Nothing new here either, I haven't posted in a while but I've been reading. I've started taking vitamins in case we do ttc this summer, and dh hasn't told me not to take them, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. It's crazy, I've been breaking out lately too! And it's the middle of my cycle! to everyone with crazy cycles or bfns. It will happen for all of us one day! Have fun shopping Amber! I came thisclose to buying some used kissaluvs 0 on diaperswappers yesterday, I need to control myself! But, happy birthday to me today! My employers gave me the day off, but I have a huge test tonight so I have to spend all day studying, but it's still nice to have the time. DH got me a wii, and I spent all weekend doing the training exercises and I could barely move monday morning I was so sore! I love it! But we're only getting games that are active (no mario or zelda) otherwise I would be addicted, lol.

Hope everyone is doing great! I think it's time for another bfp!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#508 of 1426 Old 03-20-2008, 11:25 AM

We're trying, definitely. I'm in the 2WW, although... AF is really due tomorrow and that's only 11DPO. I hope that would, hypothetically, be a long enough luteal phase (TCOYF says anything less than 10 days isn't a good sign).

So far, temp's still up and I can't decide when to POAS. I've had two cycles at 30 days, both starting on the 21st of the month, since I came off BCP. Any suggestions? I was thinking Saturday or Sunday as that's when I would be "late" (I use the word late loosely given that I've only had two cycles thus far).

Monday is my FIL's birthday and there will be a celebration this weekend. I was thinking it'd be nice to know then because if we get a BFN that will be a distraction and if we get a BFP we can celebrate our little secret at the same time.

Sorry for the novel. I hope you're all doing really well! This waiting thing is hard!

#509 of 1426 Old 03-20-2008, 05:57 PM

My name is Ashley and I am 22. My husband, Jeff 24, and I have just started trying to conceive this month. I have started taking the prenatal vitamins and cutting out the caffine and alcohol. We have started looking for a midwife or a doula but so far no luck. I have been kind of downtrodden about how much bad vibes ive gotten from doctors here in MS. But i am so glad to find mothering mag and forum!

Wife to a wonderful husband and mother to DS. Expecting LO (April 17, 2009)
#510 of 1426 Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 PM

Hi romamama!

I'm 27 DH is 29 and we just started ttc this month.

I have been off of the pill for about 8 months and i started to noticed signs of ovulating a few months ago so hopefully we will get a BFP soon.

I plan on testing this weekend or early next week.

: to all of you!

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page