TTC #1 in 2008 in our 20's! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LoL

I so hear ya, Lee!

Though, I have to admit the once a year thing is a good idea, as someone who has had cells change and I had to have the LEEP procedure done.

Part of why I'm nervous... I was due to go back for my second screening to make sure the cancer wasn't happening in June... I didn't have insurance then, still don't actually, but figured I'd better go in, especially with the wonky cycles happening more and more.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2008, 05:46 PM

Hi all,

I'm so happy to be posting after over a year of living in lurkdom! Last year DH and I had a surprise pg unfortunately it ended in a mc. However that put the idea in our head. We've been trying casually for 2 months and I think I'm about to o soon so I'm crossing my fingers for a sticky BFP.

Good luck to you all, I can't wait to get to know you all.

Oh yeah, I'm 27!

Button 08-12-09 

Baby Vi 05-18-11

Old 01-08-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merebella View Post
So, can someone tell me what a Keeper is and how it works?
A Keeper is a menstrual cup, a little latex molded cup that you fit inside your yoni and it catches your moon blood and then you can dump it out, rinse, and reinsert. No waste and you only have to check/change it every 12 hours. The Diva cup is another brand that I believe is not latex based. www.keeper.com/

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 01-08-2008, 09:08 PM

Hi everybody...just checking in. I have been working a lot lately and I just feel thrashed. Now I am off until Thursday. I've been working on my "positive thoughts" lately. I am trying to stay optimistic about this month and remain relaxed about it at the same time...wish me luck
Lately I've thought a lot about my everyday life and what it will be like to add a new baby into it. Like today, I just got back from taking the dog to the vet for shots. So I have my 4 yr old stepdaughter, the boxer, and the pug puppy because no one can be left at home by themselves. It was like I was running a small traveling zoo : When I think about a new little one, I just imagine that I will need another pair of arms (I already carry the pug in a sling). I'm not sure exactly how mom's of more than one do it...

I used a Keeper for a while and really liked it when I used it, but then it started to hurt to take it in and out and it was hard to position correctly inside me so it would leak. I got to the point where I just couldn't tolerate something else that was making me uncomfortable when I already felt crampy.

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

WooHoo- More people! I am anxious for someone to get toward the end of their cycle so we can hear some POAS results! Welcome to all.

tjjazzy- I hope that it was a BFP! Good luck!:

JSMa- Sorru to hear that the pill messed up your cycle. That must be really frustrating. I know personally I am eager to see if that will happen to mine when I go off it. I have 4 more days of pills and counting!!

Anyone close to testing??

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
LoL

I so hear ya, Lee!

Though, I have to admit the once a year thing is a good idea, as someone who has had cells change and I had to have the LEEP procedure done.
Oh, definitely important if there's a medical reason! I've had 4 annuals now (didn't go until right before I got married) and they were all fine. So I'm probably good to go for a few years.

Have you looked into going to Planned Parenthood? That's where I went, 'cause I don't have insurance either and while I'm not a fan of a lot of their beliefs, they're a TON cheaper than a regular gynecologist. Let us know how everything goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
A Keeper is a menstrual cup, a little latex molded cup that you fit inside your yoni and it catches your moon blood and then you can dump it out, rinse, and reinsert. No waste and you only have to check/change it every 12 hours. The Diva cup is another brand that I believe is not latex based. www.keeper.com/
So. Where does the term "yoni" come from?

rainface, the mental image I have of someone carrying a pug in a sling is cracking me up! We have 3 mutts ourselves. There is no way in hades I could control all three of them myself, as together they weight just a little less than me, and we have not spent the time we need to on leash training. : So anywhere we all go, the husbandperson gets the boys (55 and 50 pounds) and I get the little girl (only 23 pounds). It works great! You know, she's probably small enough to fit in a sling, but way too wiggly. Love that puppy energy!

aprilgurlie, you're too funny. Only on CD7 here. I think I'm already finding this half of the cycle more stressful than the infamous two-week-wait. See, in the TWW there's nothing more you can do, what's done is done. But right now... there's the possibility of missing that perfect time. Ack!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:00 PM

Lee... yeah I'll be going to Planned Parenthood. They charge on a sliding scale based on income... I am PRAYING that they deem me okay for the lower end of their $60 - $155 charge. There is no possible way I could afford the $155.

Hopefully everything is still okay down there.

Cycle Day #38... no signs of AF or cramping or anything like that. Other pregnancy type symptoms I try not to count, since my fibromyalgia can cause being ridiculously tired and naseau.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM

thanks, aprilgurlie!

oops! i think i'm in the wrong thread. this is for ttc #1! we're ttc #2...off to see if there's a thread for that....

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 PM

I will be 28 in a couple of weeks and my husband is a very young 40. We have been married for 2 years and are very ready for baby #1. We are ttc in cycle #2 right now. I am hoping for some good news for my birthday present this year!

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 PM

So is everyone here charting or are you just seeing what happens? To be honest, I'm simply too lazy to chart just yet... although my cycles are on the short side so it wouldn't be the worst idea.

I think I o'd yesterday or today based on ewcm and cp.

Anyone testing soon?

Hi there, Fly Girl!

Button 08-12-09 

Baby Vi 05-18-11

Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

I am as anxious as Olives, we need some POAS'ers!

Today was a WEIRD day. It started off with a migraine headache, oh yay. So I had to spend the morning getting sub plans ready when I could hardly see and had a horrible headache.

I was feeling weird and nauseous from the migraine, at least I think that's what it is. I was hungry though, and was craving some unknown food. I would eat a little bit, and then....yuck I didn't want anymore. My boobs hurt, and I am breaking out, but AF should be coming, and hello, I am still on the pill for 2 more days.

Only thing that is weirding me out is that an old friend called today, one who I haven't talked to in over 6 months, and said "How are you feeling? I had a dream that you were pregnant!" She doesn't even know that we are even thinking about trying soon....

Also, I have been awaiting AF this month to disprove something that this "psychic" friend of my mom's said...that I would have a baby within a year. Well, when he said that I told mom "Yea right, I would have to be pregnant in 3 months then." So this is the 3rd month...

I normally would be like "yeah right, getting preggers on the pill, gimmie a break" but I was on antibiotics this past month for strep and I had lots of EWCM and I believe that I O'd. Now we used condoms just in case, but man that phone call from my friend freaked me out!

I know that I am being just silly but it was just a weird day! DH joked that if I am pregnant that he is selling his "super sperm" on the black market, or we are calling our child the next massiah.

I don't know why I felt the need to share my madness with you all, but enjoy my lack of sanity.

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
Old 01-11-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Hopefully everything is still okay down there.
Have you had your appointment yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olives View Post
So is everyone here charting or are you just seeing what happens? To be honest, I'm simply too lazy to chart just yet... although my cycles are on the short side so it wouldn't be the worst idea.
I'm charting because I need to *know* what is going on. My main concern right now (because I'm fresh off the pill and because it's easily fixable) is the possibility of a short luteal phase. Would hate to get 6 to 8 months down the line and figure out the problem was something as 'simple' as that. Basically, I'm impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgurlie View Post
I don't know why I felt the need to share my madness with you all, but enjoy my lack of sanity.
First of all, sanity is highly overrated. Second of all, it would be so nifty if you got an "oops!" My main clue that I was ready to be off the pill was when I was disappointed to see my period every month while I was on it.

Fly Girl, my husband's 28th birthday is also in a couple of weeks. I'll probably test that day. I've been thinking I would like to test my self-control and not test unless I've seen 18 high temperatures, but I doubt I'll be able to resist the allure of handing him a urine soaked stick for a present. There's every chance it will be too soon though. That will be cycle day 29 for me, and last month my cycle was 34 days, although that might have been a chemical pregnancy. We shall see!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:16 PM

Appointment is Monday... I'm edgy...

Cycle Day #40... I don't feel pregnant and last cycle lasted 60 days, one prior was 25... one before that was 38... Normally I'd test now...

I'm tired of the dissapointment and frustrated for my cycles failing me when I want them to be "normal" now.

I'm sure when I go to the doc Monday and I'm at Cycle Day #43 they will test... then I will cry again...

Can you tell I'm in a positive mood today?

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Old 01-11-2008, 01:35 PM

Last night I was eating a peanut butter and pickle sandwich (which I've always done, my grandma started making them for me when I was a kid), but I was also watching a hospital waterbirth on A Baby Story. My DH came home from work, I pointed at the screen and said, "That's what I want," and he got this really excited look on his face and said, "Are you pregnant?!" I felt a little bad telling him, "No, I'm not pregnant, just weird."

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
Old 01-11-2008, 01:50 PM

linx, I'm having a really hard time moving past the "peanut butter and pickle" part of your post, 'cause ew!

My husband has known for months that I want to give birth in a free standing birth center. I've given thought to a home birth, but I want the option of a waterbirth without having to deal with a pool here, and I have no clue what we'd do with our three very curious and playful dogs when the time came.

JSMa, you don't have to feel positive if you don't want to. I'd be completely frustrated in your position too.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 PM

Hi everyone! I'm not charting but I might start next month if we come up empty this month. My bday is on the 27th and my period is due the day before so I am going to TRY to hold off testing until then. Do any of you find that incredibly hard?!? For now, dh and I are getting busy...

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

Old 01-12-2008, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
My husband has known for months that I want to give birth in a free standing birth center.
:

I like this idea too.

I had to POAS after my last freakout, and of course it is negative, but I was going crazy. My period is due around Mon, I am going to start charting Sunday I think!

JSMa.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:05 AM

Good luck with the charting, april! I'm the proud owner of 4 consecutive temperatures that were taken correctly, i.e. at approximately the same time every day. They're all within .1 degree of each other, except for one. I sleep with my mouth open, and sometimes even upon waking up I'm so stuffy it's hard to breathe through my nose. The one low temp was a day I couldn't keep my mouth closed the whole time I was thermometerizing myself, so I'm not concerned about it being low. However, if this becomes a pattern, I'll have to switch to temping vaginally, and I just don't think I want to do that. I *know* I don't want to have to explain to my husband why I'm sticking a thermometer where the sun don't shine.

Speaking of, that's an interesting topic for conversation. How involved is everyone's significant other in this whole baby-making mess, besides the obvious of course? I've told mine that I'm charting and watching my fertility. I'm debating asking him if he wants to be kept abreast of such information or if I should just seduce him at the appropriate times. Then I remember that I can tell him on a Monday whether or not I'm scheduled to work on a Tuesday, and half the time he'll call Tuesday afternoon to find out if I'm working or not. So I think that for us, I'll just keep an eye on things for a bit, and if nothing has happened after 3 to 4 months, I'll involve him a bit more. What are the rest of you doing?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Took my last BC Pill today! WOO HOO! NO more BC Party!:

FlyGirl- If you love to POAS, welcome to MDC! lol Most of us here are POASaholics!

Lee1203- Thanks for the good wishes! I am glad to hear that it is working for you. I am excited to start. My husband knows that I am going to be charting to avoid the next 4 months, and then we will use it to TTC. He just laughs at me reading books like TCOYF, because he knows me-when I decide to do something- travel, job hunt, pick up a new hobby, make a baby I DO IT, and get all the info I can on it. I'm just a slight bit neurotic like that.

Once we get to the TTC part I know he will want to be more involved in the whole thing. I am hoping by then my charting skills will be good and my cycle will be getting back to normal. HE is hoping it takes a little while so we have lots of sex.

Yeah, I hope I don't have to temp vaginally! Hard one to explain to the hubby for sure! He would be like "Honey, to make a baby, THAT'S not what you put in there.......

Old 01-12-2008, 04:36 PM

lee1203, I sometimes sleep with my mouth open too (ok, a lot of the time I do) and overall I can see a definite pattern to my temps. Don't worry so much about the day to day, when your temp jumps it will be a big picture kind of thing. It will be unmistakable even if you have a few wonky temps here and there.

april! No more BCP!!!! Welcome to hormonal freedom! Don't be surprised if a LOT changes, consider this a journey to figure out who/what you REALLY are after having been hidden under synthetic hormones for so long.

lynxeyedkat, too funny!!!!

Quote:
How involved is everyone's significant other in this whole baby-making mess, besides the obvious of course?
Well, Dh has been aware of my cycle for a loooong time. After a while, he got to be able to tell ME if I was fertile or not! He can look at the moon and tell, he can smell my general b.o. and tell, he can notice my sex drive and tell, he can notice his OWN sex drive and tell, and he can definitely recognize fertile cf when he feels it. It's very cool actually. So he was pretty aware of what was going on when this cycle, but I'm not sure that was a lot of involvement, iykwim.

As for pregnancy, he told me yesterday, "I know I'm out-knowledged in this area so whatever you feel is right for you and baby I'll go along with. It's your body after all and you KNOW this stuff. You wouldn't go try and build a house, right? I won't try and grow a baby." I love my dh! It came up when I was asking him how he would feel if I never got an ultrasound (unless a medical condition in which ultrasound would help in diagnosis was indicated), and that's what he said. He's always been on board with the home birth and leaving our children intact, too. I feel so lucky that I won't be one of those women having to fight to get the birth they want.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgurlie View Post
Took my last BC Pill today! WOO HOO! NO more BC Party!:
: It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgurlie
Yeah, I hope I don't have to temp vaginally! Hard one to explain to the hubby for sure! He would be like "Honey, to make a baby, THAT'S not what you put in there.......

Thanks for the reassurance, Amber Lion. I am trying to look at the whole picture. I'm looking forward to the temp jump, actually. 'Cause hopefully we'll have timed things right, and then I can just relax and wait instead of stressing about possibly missing our best chance. And how great that your husband is so involved! Mine is also on board with letting me decide a lot of pregnancy stuff myself, for the same reason. I'm debating doing the no-ultrasound thing too. I know I don't want to find out the sex. What I'm not sure about is if I might want a "check that all body parts are where they belong" scan or not. That's what the judgement and experience of midwives are for, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
april! No more BCP!!!! Welcome to hormonal freedom! Don't be surprised if a LOT changes, consider this a journey to figure out who/what you REALLY are after having been hidden under synthetic hormones for so long.
Yes. Yes yes yes. I've felt different - better - this past month. I've had less headaches, for one thing. I've also felt less frustration at stupid things that typically make me feel overwhelmed (like the house being a mess). I don't plan on doing the pill thing again. If we decide that we need something more than just FAM or condoms, I'll debate the NuvaRing - I believe it has lower concentrations of the hormones since they're local and not systemic.

On the down side, I did have more cramps during my first 'real' period afterwards. Typically I have a little cramping and lower back pain on the first day, nothing that can't be alleviated by an OTC painkiller (I know how lucky I am). This month, it was still just one day, but the cramps were SHARP ones instead of dull. Still I'll definitely take one day of controllable pain over an entire month of hormones any day.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice and encouragement, Amber and lee. I used to get pretty annoying periods before I got on the pill, I am kind of bracing myself while stocking up on Midol. I agree that a little pain is worth not being under the influence of chemicals. But who knows what it will be like now, that was 10 years ago!

Amber, that is neat that your hubby is so in tune with your cycle. You both seem to have wonderful, supportive husbands! lee, I admire your patience with knowing the sex- I know that I would want to know as soon as possible! Patience is not one of my virtues.

I am excited to see what everyone's chart does in these next few days!! Someone get a !!!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:51 PM

How involved is everyone's significant other in this whole baby-making mess, besides the obvious of course?

DH is so excited about having a little one he knows all about it! As far as the birth plans, he's on board with my vaxing concerns and other issues but he won't get behind an at home birth. I'm ok with that because I know it's just because he cares so much and I think I would need his support during labor rather than him being scared silly and no help at all...

I'm thinking of charting if this cycle ends in that nasty AF. I can't say I'm looking forward to it but it will be nice to have all that info. I'm so glad I found a place like this that stores so much great information!

Button 08-12-09 

Baby Vi 05-18-11

Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olives View Post
DH is so excited about having a little one he knows all about it! As far as the birth plans, he's on board with my vaxing concerns and other issues but he won't get behind an at home birth. I'm ok with that because I know it's just because he cares so much and I think I would need his support during labor rather than him being scared silly and no help at all...
I agree. If my husband had said that he really wants me to birth in a hospital, I would, because his comfort level and support is very important to me. Mind, then he'd have to put up with me shoving a ton of research in his hands, telling him exactly what I do and do not want, and making it clear to him how often he'll have to advocate for me. And then letting him know that most of these issues are non-issues with midwives and homebirth/birth center births. Passive-agressive? Me? Never! (Honestly, I would't really try to coerce him into something he was scared about. I would let the evidence do the talking.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olives
I'm so glad I found a place like this that stores so much great information!
Oh yes. Since finding this place I have decided to cloth diaper (and convinced a friend who's not even TTC yet to do so as well!) and to use baby-carriers, and to have a natural childbirth, etc.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:00 PM

I have been using OPK this month and I finally got a LH+ this morning!! I have to say that it is so exciting to see those two lines even if its not the ultimate two lines.

April, congrats on being free of bcp! You will be amazed at the difference you will feel in yourself. Good luck on your first cycle.

DH is highly aware of where I am in my cycle. Not quite to the point of Amber's dh though. That is really amazing that he can know all that. DH is very supportive of me giving birth in a birth center but he doesn't want to hear anything about homebirth. I am still working on him though, so we'll see.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
when DH and I first started he was quite the flake about whether or not he really wanted a baby. He would say he did and he couldn't wait to be a father. but when the "man-juice donations" got to be too taxing he would start to act like we should use protection. : he has come a long way. TALKING is the only way to sort it out. We talked about it openly like 2 adults (imagine that) and both felt like we were heard and somehow we were both getting our way. Either way, I'm getting pregnate (soon, hopefully) and DH dosn't have to BD constantly or hear me talk about babie all the time.

P.S. he willingly walked through the baby section at toys-r-us the other day! although he was cradling a PS3 under his arm. (it was an 80G on clearance for $350! I couldn't deny him!)

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 01-13-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket View Post

P.S. he willingly walked through the baby section at toys-r-us the other day! although he was cradling a PS3 under his arm. (it was an 80G on clearance for $350! I couldn't deny him!)
You bribe your husband with electronics, too? I think half the reason mine wants a kid is to have someone to play video games with!

FlyGirl- Thanks for the congratz! I feel so.... not taking them! It feels good to be bad!

Olives- I have my fingers crossed for you! :

Old 01-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Wow, I guess I just strongly feel that home birth is the way to go for me b/c even if my Dh was worried about it, or flat out against it, I'd be giving birth at home. I'd hire a doula (am going to anyways probably) b/c doulas support the partner just as much as the Momma and could help him be a better support (or if he refused, could be my support). And I'd make sure he met plenty with our midwives to get all his fears worked through. There's just no way I'd give birth willingly in the hospital without a medical indication. I'M the one having the baby after all, he doesn't have to deal with an uncomfortable, unsupportive environment or any of the varied things that could go "wrong" in the hospital that aren't even an issue at home. Maybe that comes with the frustrations of being a doula? Haven't thought about a birth center though b/c there aren't any around here. It's either cytotech induction happy, near 90% c-sec rate hospitals or home birth. Just glad Dh is down with the home birth!

Yeah FlyGirl on the + OPK!!!!

Kriket - Dh and I have also come a long ways towards "adulthood" with the whole baby thing. Guess we're growing up, huh?

Old 01-13-2008, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
is anyone else having trouble starting a new thread? I think the mod-god(desse)s are mad at me. I will ask my question here.

my chart is anovulatory and af was due Thursday. I am not the queen of regularity. I have never been regular (off the pill) in my life. I was wondering about giving AF a jump start with parsley tea. I have tried everything else, sex, masturbation (ooh!! TMI) long walks, long baths, so I'm a really happy person other then AF won't come so we can start baby-try #5. My chart is in my siggy, it looks like a 2 year old drew it. anything you know would help. I have some seeping right now, so answer quick!

I'm going to X post this too so sorry before hand about the multiples.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Well the only thing I would say is with an annovulatory chart, AF is never really "due", yk? Since you didn't ovulate, then she could show up at any time. That makes the waiting hard though. If you're for sure 100% not pg then I'd say go ahead and try and bring her on. However, you may still ovulate since you haven't yet.

User Tag List