TTC #1 in 2008 in our 20's! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1426 Old 02-02-2008, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lee, I see it, too! As long as it was within the time limit and not an evaporation line, I think it's a BFP! Yay babydust. Spread it around.

DH has limited me to buying two Dollar Tree tests at a time. I'm sick right now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed we had good timing this month. I don't want AF to join us for our late honeymoon!

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#242 of 1426 Old 02-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Hello there! I'm 20 (almost 21) and DH is 22. We have a 14 month old son and we're hopefully going to ttc within the next few months!
#243 of 1426 Old 02-02-2008, 08:53 PM

Hi everyone, I'd like to join in!

I'm 26, my DH is 31, and this is our 1st cycle "kind of" trying to conceive (we didn't try too hard this month... next month I'm planning on being more serious about it).

I went off BC pills last June and have only had a few somewhat normal cycles since then, but with a short LP and very minimal CM. I'm taking B6, going to start taking vitex again this week, and planning on getting some OPKs and Pre-seed to help things along.

So, hi!

And Lee, you are SO PREGNANT! 16 high temps in a row, plus the line on the test...
#244 of 1426 Old 02-02-2008, 10:00 PM

I caved and tested today at 14dpo. DH talked me into it! BFN, but I wasn't really expecting much and am not too upset about it. First cycle off the pill, only one day of maybe kinda watery CM, low temps. I'm incredibly happy to have ovulated and have a nice long LP. I bought some evening primrose oil today to help with the CM next cycle and feeling positive.

However...

I read the test at 3 minutes like the directions said, then tossed it. DH went in the bathroom when he woke up a couple hours later and pulled it out of the trash and there was a major pink line in the test area. What is that supposed to mean? No period yet, so I'll test at 18dpo if nothing (I know, should have waited in the first place). The cramps stopped today, so maybe AF is coming tomorrow?

Welcome to all the new people! Woodland, I've read a lot of positives about B6 increasing your LP.

mom to DD 3/09
#245 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 05:03 AM

Hello, Elijahs Momma!

And hello Woodland, as well! You're in good company here in the "just came off the pill" area, a LOT of us just did too. And thanks. I think I'm coming close to being able to mutter the "p" word.

Oh, and I had two - TWO - whole days of fertile CF this cycle, and they weren't even consecutive. So there's definitely hope, although I'd certainly try increasing it too!

dachshund mom - GAH!!! You can't leave us hanging like that for four more days!! Just kidding, I really hope this is it for you. As for the line being real or invalid because of past the time, I just don't know. Have you checked out peeonastick.com to see what she says about the particular brand you used?

So tonight the husbandperson and I are hanging out with our best friends, two other couples. One of them mentions that they'd decided when to start trying to have kids - spring of '09. The male of the third couple (who aren't married yet) starts going on about how he doesn't want his friends to start having babies, that we'll all abandon him, whatever. He was (mostly) joking of course, but we still had great fun picking on him. And me? I was so ready to burst, and tell him "HAAAAA! You're too late!!!!" And it weakened my resolve, and I might test again in the morning and go ahead and tell my husband, instead of waiting a few more days. 'Cause that would have been a really cool moment to share secretly with him.
#246 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 01:22 PM

lynxeyed, I somehow missed your post last night! Thanks, it was in the time limit, barely. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you too! Where are you going for your late honeymoon?

Ok y'all. It's 17 DPO and I'm staring at 2 pink lines, one very dark and one fairly faint by comparison. But that second faint line? It is there, and even my twisted mind can't convince me otherwise. It's also definitely darker than the one from two days ago, and showed up much faster. It appears that I am *gulp* pregnant.

4w3d today.

(Really, I think I'm hesitant because somehow I think it'll hurt less if I were to lose this oh-so-new pregnancy if I'm in denial that it really exists. But yeah, that's a little moronic. So I might as well be happy about it, like I want to be, and just let things be.)

ETA: 15 DPO dachshund mom! Yes, I am stalking your chart.
#247 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 01:32 PM

: : Are the dancing vegetables appropriate now? CONGRATS!!!! Have you told your dh? How are you going to do it?

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#248 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
: : Are the dancing vegetables appropriate now? CONGRATS!!!! Have you told your dh? How are you going to do it?
: :

Yeah, I'll take the dancing veggies now, thanks!

Haven't told him yet. Lazy bugger is still sleeping, at 11 am. But then, since we didn't go to bed until almost 3 I guess I can't fault him too much.

I've been thinking I could get a "Daddy and Me" frame or something, and give him that as a late birthday present, and tell him I'll have the pic in October and see how long it takes him to figure out. But now I want to tell him TODAY, and I don't have anything yet. Might just go make a quick Target run. Will keep y'all updated.

And, as an aside, I'm really glad I didn't test on his birthday like I originally wanted to. My 15 DPO line was so so faint... I bet at 13 DPO it would have been negative.
#249 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
: : Are the dancing vegetables appropriate now?
That's what I was going to ask!

I'm so happy for you Lee! I've been stalking your chart so it's almost like a BFP for all of us! Congrats Momma!!!!! I understand the cautious feeling, but go ahead and enjoy this pregnancy b/c it's real right here right now! How exciting!!! Here's to a happy and healthy sticky babe coming to join you in October!!!
:
:::

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#250 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Congrats, Lee! :
#251 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 06:26 PM

I already posted this in other sections but I wanted to join in here. I am 20 and DH is 24. We are TTC #1 again after a miscarriage. We are currently WTT!!! Praying for a BFP but not feeling any signs of implantation at 9DPO. Please tell me it means nothing. lol.
#252 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Ok y'all. It's 17 DPO and I'm staring at 2 pink lines, one very dark and one fairly faint by comparison. But that second faint line? It is there, and even my twisted mind can't convince me otherwise. It's also definitely darker than the one from two days ago, and showed up much faster. It appears that I am *gulp* pregnant.

4w3d today.
:::

Thanks so much for the update, Lee, and congrats again! Glad to see you are coming out of denial. Hooray for everyday miracles. Women have been getting pregnant for thousands of years, but every time it happens, it is a miracle. YOU are a miracle, and YOU are making life!! So humbling.

All of us here wish you a sticky babe!
I can't wait to hear how you tell hubby. I think the late gift idea is really good!

Hiya Elijah's Momma and WoodlandFairyTale and Mrs. Bratton! We seem to be having a lot of baby dust here recently, I hope that you catch some!

Dachshund Mom- I am also stalking your chart! :

Well, I got seriously drunk last night at a party, and DH and I were a little naughty. I ravaged him in my drunken state, and there really wasn't time for a Mr. Rubber.....so we just used the 'ol pull and pray method. Twice. Of course, it has been proven over many years to be so effective. Only probably HALF the people I know are pull n' pray kids, right?

I have no idea if I am ovulating or not, my CM has been wetish for the last few days, and I have been having some brown spotting. Since it is my first cycle charting AND off the pill, I have no idea WTH is going on with my chart. We'll see I guess! So much for planning it out...... I will laugh my ass off if I get pregnant from that one night after 10 years of BCP. Knowing the baby dust floating around this thread, I am probably knocked up with triplets or something.

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#253 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Oooh, spotting can be an ovulation sign.....

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#254 of 1426 Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Uh-Oh.

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#255 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 12:53 AM

Congrats Lee

According to my fertility software, I am fertile. I am on Cycle Day 69 and have only had one period since stopping the pill in October, so I am not so sure how much I believe it I did babydance anyway though, just in case

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#256 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 AM

Thanks again, everybody! I'm pretty psyched now.

So I went to Target, and then Michael's, and finally Kohl's, where I found a simple black frame that said #1 Dad in silver. Bought it (on sale, yeah!) and when I got home showed my husband that I'd bought us new toothbrushes, and chips to take over to a friends house, and a late present for him. I handed it to him upside down, and when he flipped it over, I told him the picture for it would have to wait. He had this happy look on his face, and he gave me a kiss and a hug. I almost cried. It wasn't anything earthshattering, but it was very sweet. I told him my "official" due date appears to be October 9th. He asked how it's possible to be so exact, and I told him there's no way to actually know when the baby will want to come, but that I can know when 40 weeks is for sure since I know when I ovulated. I'm still excited just about that, to be honest.

Then on the way to a friend's house to watch the Super Bowl (and may I just say that I love it when the underdog wins, even if they are the team that knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs) I asked him when he wanted to tell. He said he never understood the point of waiting. I told him the point was typically to have to avoid untelling in the event of a miscarriage, but that we'd probably want the support of our friends and family then anyway. So we might be telling really really soon, I don't know. Something inside me says to wait until at least 6 weeks. But the other part of me says what you said Amber, that I'm pregnant RIGHT NOW and that I should enjoy it fully, and that includes sharing it with family and friends. My sister is going to flip.

Amber, aprilgurlie... thanks, y'all are too sweet.

Also, the drunken sex story? Made me laugh out loud. If you have triplets you'll have to name them after us somehow.

Mrs. Bratton, welcome! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. And as for feeling or having signs of implantation... I sure didn't have any actual symptoms, just the temperature rise, which of course is neither a definite sign nor an exclusive one. So basically, you just don't know until you know... good luck!

Jamie, I hope your software is right! I know I've seen plenty of stories of really late ovulations that resulted in pregnancy. Even if that doesn't happen for you this time, hopefully this is at least the start of your body starting to settle back down like it should.
#257 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 09:45 AM

I had a major temp dip this morning Like, way below my coverline at 4 dpo. If I get AF in the next few days I am seriously going to cry... I'll never get pregnant with an LP this short. I guess I need to get some progesterone cream or something, since B6 doesn't seem to be working.
#258 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 11:19 AM

*squeals and tackles Lee*

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! : : :

I am so excited for you!! This is sooo awesome and totally gives me some hope. lol You know you aren't allowed to leave this thread now right? You have to rub your luck on the rest of us and stalk our charts.

I'm still trying to decide when to test... fertilityfriend suggests the 13th... part of me wants to wait for V'Day on the 14th though... though if it comes back negative I'm going to be really really messed up as this has been my longest cycle EVER and if AF still isn't here by then... something is wrong... And I don't want to be that miserable on V'Day... so I don't know!!

I want to be pregnant sooooo bad.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#259 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM

Yay Lee!:
How wonderful! That's so great!!
That's so exciting! And what a sweet way to tell your husband.

I've been feeling sorry for myself since my period started, but oh well, what can I do. It's a new month, and we get to try again
Good luck to all you ladies out there! Hopefully Lee's luck will rub off on us!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#260 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
I had a major temp dip this morning Like, way below my coverline at 4 dpo. If I get AF in the next few days I am seriously going to cry... I'll never get pregnant with an LP this short. I guess I need to get some progesterone cream or something, since B6 doesn't seem to be working.
I'm sorry. How much B6 are you taking? Do you have a doctor you're working with? I don't know that much about it, but I get the impression that a short luteal phase is one of the easiest things to fix. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
I am so excited for you!! This is sooo awesome and totally gives me some hope. lol You know you aren't allowed to leave this thread now right? You have to rub your luck on the rest of us and stalk our charts.
Thank you, thank you! And Of COURSE I won't leave! I gotta find out how everything goes for the rest of y'all. I might calm down on my posting though, since I have the most posts in this thread by far.

Good luck to you - 10 DPO today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
I've been feeling sorry for myself since my period started, but oh well, what can I do. It's a new month, and we get to try again
Good luck to all you ladies out there! Hopefully Lee's luck will rub off on us!
Thanks for the congrats! I'm sorry your period showed up too , but yes, it's a new month! Have fun with the trying.

dachshund mom - 16 DPO today... :
#261 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
HMB

CONGRATS LEE!! That is so exciting! It really does give us all hope!

I think I am still in the running this month girls....I am 8 dpo and woke up this am with the most awfully sore boobs ever! I have been really tired the last 2 days and I am peeing constantly.
I really don't *feel* pg, and I am being cautious since I think I'm PG every month.
I'll keep you guys posted.

If AF ends up arriving, then I think I'm going to try the evening primrose route.

I can't remember who was asking about lengthening LP...have you tried taking chasteberry extract? I found it really worked for me!
#262 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 PM

Yay Lee! That's TWO BFPs already this year for this group. Awesome!

We're going skiing in Colorado. I'm only hoping I have a reason not to indulge in the hot tub in the evenings. My mom was telling me that she had to avoid the hot tub her last ski trip before I was born because she thought she was preggers with me, and sure enough she was.

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#263 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, for some reason the post I did earlier didn't show up, Oh well. Here goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Thanks again, everybody! I'm pretty psyched now.

So I went to Target, and then Michael's, and finally Kohl's, where I found a simple black frame that said #1 Dad in silver. Bought it (on sale, yeah!) and when I got home showed my husband that I'd bought us new toothbrushes, and chips to take over to a friends house, and a late present for him. I handed it to him upside down, and when he flipped it over, I told him the picture for it would have to wait. He had this happy look on his face, and he gave me a kiss and a hug. I almost cried. It wasn't anything earthshattering, but it was very sweet. I told him my "official" due date appears to be October 9th. He asked how it's possible to be so exact, and I told him there's no way to actually know when the baby will want to come, but that I can know when 40 weeks is for sure since I know when I ovulated. I'm still excited just about that, to be honest.
AWWWW. So cute!

And if I have triplets, I will name them Amber, Lee and Jaime. lol Jaime, hope that this is a sign that your cycle is settling down. I have no idea what mine is doing now, if I even have ovulated yet. We are kind of paddling the same boat. Just keep doin' that BD until you know for sure! I'm sure your husband won't mind! (If you need help, just drink WAAAAYYYY to much wine like I did. )

I am crossing my fingers for the rest of you, and stalking your charts! Everyone keep in touch so we don't go crazy wondering! (And I totally agree-you can't leave us, Lee! )

lynx- Have a blast in Colorado! Tell us all about it. We are going in the summer!

#264 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 PM

So many charts to watch, so little time (that the server is working).

Lynx - Good thinking. I take scalding hot showers and probably shouldn't.

HMB - Go ahead and buy it. Fly Girl got pregnant by buying a thermometer.

Birdie - I personally like the pre O days. Lots of BDing fun, no charting stress.

JSMa - :

Woodland - It might shoot back up still. Any AF signs?

Jaime - we need a chart to stalk!

As for me...

16dpo, no sign of AF. The intense cramps from last week have stopped, boobs are less sensitive (no longer threatening to pull off DH's arm if he touches me there), still bloated (running out of fat pants). I feel really "drippy" these last few days and keep running to the bathroom to check. I walked in a mardi gras parade yesterday and was convinced I had started and had a huge stain across my butt.

Still going to POAS first thing Wednesday at 18dpo. I'm half convinced I didn't ovulate and half that I'm pregnant and half that I'm going to get AF in 10 minutes.

Lee, I don't need your counting help...

mom to DD 3/09
#265 of 1426 Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 PM

Thanks, HMB! Much much good luck to you! :

You know, one thing I don't have is peeing constantly. I've always had the bladder of a camel though. Although I'm sure that won't last for much longer.

And I completely forgot about Vitex. Glad it's working for you!

lynx - Thanks! And your honeymoon sound great. I hope you have to skip the hot tub too.

aprilgurlie - those names will work just fine for girls, but what if the triplets are boys?? Lee and Jaime will probably be fine, but poor little Amber will be looking at a life of being beat up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
Excellent point. I bought some luna pads last cycle, maybe that was my conception talisman.

Quote:
Lee, I don't need your counting help...

You have no idea how hard this made me laugh. : : : Also, you have a lot of halves. How's that work, then?

And, ahem, I've been drippy too, for a several days now. I've actually been doing the opposite of running to the bathroom to check - I put it off as long as I can so I don't have to know if I'm spotting or not. What is it they say about that river in Egypt?
#266 of 1426 Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 AM

: Poor little boy named Amber!!!

You girls are too funny!!

: HMB, JSMa, lynxeyedkat & WeinerdogMum ()!!

to Birdie & Woodlandfairytale!

And I know what you're doing Jaime! :

So my Dh left to go over the Mountain to work this week and I'm left all by my lonesome at the start of my tww. It's really good, b/c he hasn't had work for about 2 months due to snow and the pass being closed, but now it's open and might close any day, so he's just staying on that side so he can for sure work. We really need the money, but I'm lonely!

This months bd was much more special than last month which was totally mechanical, I only obsessed some days and there were two or so times that I thought, "Wow, how sweet if that conceived a little soul!" cause it was so special. Definitely did not feel ANY of that last time, so just b/c of that I'm hopeful.

Ok, I'd be hopeful no matter what! 2 long weeks to go.....

#267 of 1426 Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I feel really "drippy" these last few days and keep running to the bathroom to check. I walked in a mardi gras parade yesterday and was convinced I had started and had a huge stain across my butt.

Still going to POAS first thing Wednesday at 18dpo. I'm half convinced I didn't ovulate and half that I'm pregnant and half that I'm going to get AF in 10 minutes.

That is sooo me right now. lol I had some light cramping yesterday and was praying maybe it was implantation cramping... then we were grocery shopping and I kept feeling "drippy"... I must have went to the bathroom like 10 times last night to check... nothing. Which left me hopeful...

Then this morning... Big temp dip. *cries* I read some things that say a temp dip can happen at implantation... but I don't know if it would be that big of a dip, it went below my coverline. *cries*

I just want to be pregnant. *sniffles* DP is in full blown baby fever now too. lol He keeps patting my belly and got all excited when I was craving potato chips last night and decided having them with the spaghetti was a really good idea. He told me cravings are a good sign... I told him he was nuts cause it's far too early for cravings. He's being positive though. lol

Lee... what did you feel like the past week before you tested? We are going to pick your brain now, you know. *hugs*

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#268 of 1426 Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Woodland - It might shoot back up still. Any AF signs?
No AF signs at all yet... I'm really, really hoping it's just a fluke (a fallback rise, or the fabled implantation dip, though I doubt it). Normally when I take my temp in the morning I'm half asleep and barely realize what I'm doing, but this morning I was wide awake because I was *so hoping* for a rise. Bah.

I usually start feeling crampy a good 2-3 days before AF starts and so far, nothing.

The first day AF starts, I'm going to order some pre-seed, OPKs and get some vitex. Hopefully the combination of those things will help for next time.
#269 of 1426 Old 02-05-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Then this morning... Big temp dip. *cries* I read some things that say a temp dip can happen at implantation... but I don't know if it would be that big of a dip, it went below my coverline. *cries*
If it makes you feel any better, yesterday when I had my huge temp dip (which was also below my coverline), I spent like an hour looking at pregnancy implantation dip charts on fertility friend and ovusoft. There are quite a few on there that gave me hope, because there were very strong dips that either immediately went back up the next day or slowly went back up.
#270 of 1426 Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM
HMB

Quote:

Thanks! I think I will! Couldn't hurt right?

Quote:
16dpo, no sign of AF. The intense cramps from last week have stopped, boobs are less sensitive (no longer threatening to pull off DH's arm if he touches me there), still bloated (running out of fat pants). I feel really "drippy" these last few days and keep running to the bathroom to check. I walked in a mardi gras parade yesterday and was convinced I had started and had a huge stain across my butt.

NO NO NO AF!!! I'm doing a baby-dance for you instead! Lots of :

JSMa -
I am sorry you're feeling so down right now. I completely understand, every month I wish and hope so much, and then so far I've been disappointed. You're day will come though, and you'll be a great mama. And who knows? AF hasn't showed up yet.......

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page